Sneeze Fetish Forum

Geist

Ohmigod!!! (I meant to post this a while ago, like 2 months, but I never got to it. Too lazy.)

This reminds me of something I saw in Fullmetal Alchemist! And just because I have no life, I'll tell you the story.

So, about 3 months ago, I got one of the FMA Graphic Novel...things. Like in actual text. Because I wanted to know what they were like. I started with the third one, because I like to go out of order. So I began reading it and got bored. I picked it up a month later, just to read it, and then I realized: There was a sneeze!

And again, because I have no life, I'll type it all out for you (no, not the book, just the passage...):

Ruby turned, her long hair dancing directly in front of Edward's face. A stray strand tickled his nose, filling his nostrils with the smell of dust and soap.

Edward grimaced, a sneeze building behind his eyes, as he watched Ruby and the man walk away. They were out of sight before the sneeze got the best of him.

"Wachoo!"

The receding light stopped suddenly and began to grow brighter.

"What was that?"

"Who's there?!"

(Um. I read that passage over about five times to make sure it was real. Then I read it another ten times because, well, I could. Aren't I pathetic? Yes.)

If you want to know what happens next, buy the book! It's called Fullmetal Alchemist: Valley of White Petals by Hiromu Arakawa/Makoto Inoue and translated by Alexander O. Smith. As far as I know, it's $9.99 in the US and $13.95 in Canada. Or that's what the book said.

Okay, done rambling now! Continue on with your lives.....

EDIT: Oh, right! It's on page 142-143 if you want to just read it there at the bookstore or something. Aren't I informative? No, I just have too much time on my hands....

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished one of the NASCAR romance novels. This one happened to have one of my favorite heros in it, he was a secondary character from another book. I was glad the author decided to write his story. Anyway, in the closing chapters, there was just a quick thing that caught my attention. The book is called Almost Famous, by Gina Wilkins.

The scene is, the heroine and her brother are discussiong what it'd be like to date a famous racecar driver.

The brother said to her:

"I doubt that Jake can sneeze wihtout commenting about it on one of his fan sites."

And it struck me as funny, because if he were a real life NASCAR driver, he'd probably get mentioned here for sneezing! :sweatdrop:

If you haven't read Steven King's "The Stand", you are missing out on a whole lot of sneezing, cold and flu symptoms and contagion.

I had to keep putting the book down to revel in the hotness of it all.

In one of James Herriot' books there is a chapter where he is sitting beside his fire with his wife. There's a cold going around the farming community and he's on the edge of it with a sore throat and feeling sorry for himself but her reckons with a quiet night in the warm he might just throw it off. Of course the phone rings and it's some farmer from miles away and it was in the days before cars had heaters. He feels sorry for himself as he drives there but the situation gets worse when he arrives at the farm and realises he's going to have to strip off to do an operation. Both the farmer and the other person who comes to help have the cold and spend the entire operation sneezing and coughing on him. Towards the end of the op he gets a tickle in his nose and straightens up and has to sneeze himself at which point the two helpers cheer up slightly as they reflect upon the fact that their vet is coming down with it too.

Of course such a thing would never influence anyone onto pursuing a particular career. That would just be stupid!

In one of James Herriot' books there is a chapter where he is sitting beside his fire with his wife. There's a cold going around the farming community and he's on the edge of it with a sore throat and feeling sorry for himself but her reckons with a quiet night in the warm he might just throw it off. Of course the phone rings and it's some farmer from miles away and it was in the days before cars had heaters. He feels sorry for himself as he drives there but the situation gets worse when he arrives at the farm and realises he's going to have to strip off to do an operation. Both the farmer and the other person who comes to help have the cold and spend the entire operation sneezing and coughing on him. Towards the end of the op he gets a tickle in his nose and straightens up and has to sneeze himself at which point the two helpers cheer up slightly as they reflect upon the fact that their vet is coming down with it too.

Of course such a thing would never influence anyone onto pursuing a particular career. That would just be stupid!

*flails*

Oh haha, I HAVE that book and I'd be lying if I said I didn't read that scene 576 times. I have the strange desire to go read that book again, yes I do. There was a line about his wife "cheerfully refusing to get sick" or something like that that I always thought was amusing at the time...

*flails*

Oh haha, I HAVE that book and I'd be lying if I said I didn't read that scene 576 times. I have the strange desire to go read that book again, yes I do. There was a line about his wife "cheerfully refusing to get sick" or something like that that I always thought was amusing at the time...

I think I need that book. What's the title? :wheels:

*flails*

I think I need that book. What's the title? :laugh:

Good Lord, that always was one of my favorites! And, I believe, my first experience (outside of cheesy children's books) with a spelled-out sneeze, not to mention a perfectly detailed description.

I was halfway down the skin sutures when a tickle mounted at the back of my nose and I had to stop and stand upright.

"Ah--ah--ashoo!" I rubbed my forearm against my nose.

--James Herriot, "All Things Wise And Wonderful"

Yummy. :wheels:

Abyssinia,

Barrie

*flails*

I think I need that book. What's the title? :laugh:

Good Lord, that always was one of my favorites! And, I believe, my first experience (outside of cheesy children's books) with a spelled-out sneeze, not to mention a perfectly detailed description.

I was halfway down the skin sutures when a tickle mounted at the back of my nose and I had to stop and stand upright.

"Ah--ah--ashoo!" I rubbed my forearm against my nose.

--James Herriot, "All Things Wise And Wonderful"

Yummy. :drool:

Abyssinia,

Barrie

Oh jeez!!! :laugh: I just totally fell into fits of laughter.

My aunt got me that book years ago and I stubbornly refused to read it. :doh:

It's time to fish out that book... *runs off*

I found a couple of nice non-fetish h/c ficts by House authors. One has sick Wilson, and another sick Chase (with colds/flu). I :rolleyes: them. I will have to find the links and post. Not a lot of sneezing but just super cute. Especially the Chase one- she actually spells out a sneeze and has him talk congestedy a little bit. And the way that it is done (I think) is just so cute and adorable and .....

I think I know the Chase one you're talking about. I discovered it a few weeks ago and read it 50 bazillion times over several days, but now I can't find it. I seem to recall it was incomplete though, which I was sad about!

Or I could be talking about a completely different story. If so, I want the link to your one, lol! :vampire:

This isn't necessarily a passage from a story per se—more like a snippet taken from a role-play my friend and I have going. :rolleyes: We decided to start a new one since we hadn't role-played in a while, and in her first post I was EXTREMELY surprised to see this:

It was aggravating enough for the usually composed man to be ill, under the weather, ailing, below par, and dammit, just all around sick. However, what was even more grading on twining patience was the fact that he kept--

“A-ahh-hngst!”

That one was just painful.

I was literally like: :vampire: alksdjfkalsdf!!! Of course I didn't say anything, but now she's given me all the more reason to have my character catch his cold and show her how it's really done~ :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Okay, my brand new NASCAR romance novel by Liz Allison and Wendy Etherington, No Holding Back. The second page of the novel:

"A driver couldn't sneeze in the garage without somebody noticing it, and-if the driver was him, anyway-reporting it."

Too bad they didn't publish my book. There were some nice sneeze scenes in that one. Oh well!

Archived