• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Dead One

• Danachoo

• ~~~

• vote_for_pedro

LOL, i've mostly told online friends, and i told my wife, that's pretty much it.

I have never really had a negative reaction to it, and except for wife, and a few others, most forgot within a day or 2 of my telling, so it's not that big of a deal, at least to me.

• 9 years later...
On 10/18/2007 at 9:02 PM, TYS said:

Any time it comes up in the conversation, close friends, acquantainces, perfect strangers... anyone. I admit as well that I do steer it in that direction when it's possible without being too overt. I love telling people and seeing what kind of reactions I get from them, though. I've NEVER had someone be disgusted by it... only one that even came close was my roommate and good friend A, who doesn't really care, but since she has allergies and sneezes a lot, she just doesn't like it to be discussed 'cause it makes her a little uncomfortable.

As for family, my mom found SF websites in her browser history and asked me, while driving to school one day,

"Jeremy, do you have a sneezing fetish?"

*moment to pause... lie, or tell?*

*fuck it.*

"Yup."

*pregnant pause*

"Oh. Well. Um... I uh, thought you'd just gone to those sites to see them, or as a joke, or something."

"Mom, that'd be the lamest lie ever."

"I kind of expected you to lie, if you really did have one!"

"Oh. Well, nope."

"You're far too free with your personal information!"

"More like completely incapable of lying to you."

*laughter, drive continues*

;):twisted:

My dad was actually the only time the fetish being discovered has been really embarassing for me. Dad walks into my room, blushing a little and talking too fast:

"Uh, Jeremy. There's, uh... something of yours on the computer. Go, uh... go turn it off."

I went downstairs (he left) and discovered the computer gaily playing a .wav at full bloody volume. It was "ragweed.wav" from that red_nosed_allergic_girl from yahoo groups... I recall she had a website briefly as well. Very intense-sounding and rapid sneezes (yum :P). So THAT was a little awkward.

Otherwise I find telling people to be an exciting, informative and overall neat experience. I recommend it to everyone who lives in a fairly liberal social climate.

I had no idea red_nosed_allergic_girl had more then one wav !?!?!? You don't still happen to have any of them do you ????

On 10/18/2007 at 9:02 PM, TYS said:

Any time it comes up in the conversation, close friends, acquantainces, perfect strangers... anyone. I admit as well that I do steer it in that direction when it's possible without being too overt. I love telling people and seeing what kind of reactions I get from them, though. I've NEVER had someone be disgusted by it... only one that even came close was my roommate and good friend A, who doesn't really care, but since she has allergies and sneezes a lot, she just doesn't like it to be discussed 'cause it makes her a little uncomfortable.

As for family, my mom found SF websites in her browser history and asked me, while driving to school one day,

"Jeremy, do you have a sneezing fetish?"

*moment to pause... lie, or tell?*

*fuck it.*

"Yup."

*pregnant pause*

"Oh. Well. Um... I uh, thought you'd just gone to those sites to see them, or as a joke, or something."

"Mom, that'd be the lamest lie ever."

"I kind of expected you to lie, if you really did have one!"

"Oh. Well, nope."

"You're far too free with your personal information!"

"More like completely incapable of lying to you."

*laughter, drive continues*

;):twisted:

My dad was actually the only time the fetish being discovered has been really embarassing for me. Dad walks into my room, blushing a little and talking too fast:

"Uh, Jeremy. There's, uh... something of yours on the computer. Go, uh... go turn it off."

I went downstairs (he left) and discovered the computer gaily playing a .wav at full bloody volume. It was "ragweed.wav" from that red_nosed_allergic_girl from yahoo groups... I recall she had a website briefly as well. Very intense-sounding and rapid sneezes (yum :P). So THAT was a little awkward.

Otherwise I find telling people to be an exciting, informative and overall neat experience. I recommend it to everyone who lives in a fairly liberal social climate.

The only one I've ever heard is "2002 Allergies" and it's still one of my all time favorites....

I'm not sure if it even counts, but I told my boyfriend through a persona- who he later found out was me. It was really awkward. I wanted to tell him, but I have never told anyone in my life so I decided to test the waters and see how he would generally react to the fetish. It got very messy and he eventually figured out it was me, and I told him that I had been too scared to tell him because I am still embarrassed by it. He was more upset by the fact that I hadn't straight up told him myself, but calmed down and heard me out. He was very understanding and even joked about indulging me, but it never came to fruition. 8 months later and neither of us has mentioned it again. I have never told another soul, and still kick myself for the way I went about telling someone for the first time. 

I've honestly never told anyone in real life, always been too nervous or it just doesn't get brought up in conversation....

• 1 month later...

A handful of close friends. My sister found out about the fetish on accident. And I decided to tell my fiance the year we began dating.