Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can You Accurately Describe the Sound of Your Own Sneeze?

And Beat Him When He Sneezes

I always thought "Oh, of course!" but then I tried to write myself into a fic and realized I had no idea. So I figured I'd induce and be able to hear it. And I've got to tell you, it wasn't even funny how many times I had to make myself sneeze before I was confident I'd heard it right. It's just not something I paid attention to, I guess.

For the record, it's "EHchuu!" for me. (Ooh, that would be fun! If you do know what yours sounds like, spell it out for us!)

Ha, cool thread!

Dude, I have so many different sounds, it's not even funny. :dead:

I can tell you the one I sort of do by "default," though. Ah, hell....*induces it to be sure.* :laugh:

"Heh'CHIISSHuh!" or "Heh'ESSHHuh!" Either one is fairly typical.

I like to try and "vary" my sneezes for the hell of it, though. The harder it is to spell, the more I like it.

~Aku

No clue. Although one time I actually noticed that it sounded like "cue". But it wasn't a "regular" type one. I think that I just remembered that because it actually sounded like a word, and I thought... ok- would I really write it "cue" or how would I write it? *Never quite figured that out*

I can make a variety of sounds when I sneeze. Sometimes they sound like "ehhshhooo" "hetshhoooo" "hahhshooo" or anything that slightly varies from that. Then I also have these really throaty harsh sneezes that I couldn't even begin to try to spell.

Ha, cool thread!

"Heh'CHIISSHuh!" or "Heh'ESSHHuh!" Either one is fairly typical.

I agree, what a cool thread!!!!

And I think that the two sounds Aku mentioned above are my typical sneezes, when I do actually sneeze! Or a slight variation on those two sounds. :)

I don't think i can really .. i mean i'm not sure .. maybe .. but i've really trouble describing (spelling out) any kinds of sounds. I never had a very "melodically accurate" or "tone sensitive" hearing. While i can hear pretty good (i think) and i suppose can differ some things pretty ok .. (like moods in voices or similar things) i've trouble differing between some sounds .. and even more trouble spelling any sound out. I hope i didn't ruin it for everyone who ever read an observation of myself :chinese:. It's not that i think i write Achoo when it should be Hutshe :laugh: .. i just have trouble with it .. and i don't know how accurate i am.

Additional .. i may point out that i've another hurdle called "English language" :innocent: (not that i could do it better in German.) :innocent:

Edited cause i forgot one of the way too many brackets i used :blushing:.

I can and I do (and there's evidence all over the observations board!) :laugh: but am I doing it right? do I do it justice? gosh I dunno... a lot of the time, when spelling sneezes (my own and others, doesn't matter) I feel I have to compromise, articulating the precise sounds, especially of wet sneezes or stifled ones using the English language is kind of difficult, not that it's a lot easier in other languages, but yeah, there are certain limitations on what sounds you can express properly in writing.

See that's why I always (or at least I try) go into great detail about other characteristics of the sneeze, I've been thinking about it for a while, I'd love to sort of map myself a little index or a list of traits to describe a sneeze with.... sort of build an in depth jargon... create myself a little "creative-kit"... sometimes I feel I'm being a bit repetitive in my writing and characterizing... :innocent: need... more... words...

and it's been kind of a private little desire of mine to have someone else spell my sneeze for me :innocent: but it has to be someone I'm really close to and someone who's observation skills and style I like. It's a bit of an intimate thing don'tchyaknow... :chinese:

Anyway terrific question *claps* :blushing:

I really don't think I can :hug: . If it's my regular unstifled sneeze it's just load like a bumb going off up my nose :D . If I do stifle it, it sounds kind of like "EECHIIII" and then I have to stick my eyeballs back in :D .

I always thought "Oh, of course!" but then I tried to write myself into a fic and realized I had no idea. So I figured I'd induce and be able to hear it. And I've got to tell you, it wasn't even funny how many times I had to make myself sneeze before I was confident I'd heard it right. It's just not something I paid attention to, I guess.

For the record, it's "EHchuu!" for me. (Ooh, that would be fun! If you do know what yours sounds like, spell it out for us!)

I have a variety of sneeze phonetics. My favorite is the my "alone" sneeze, which is a huge loud blast of one syllable:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can make a variety of sounds when I sneeze. Sometimes they sound like "ehhshhooo" "hetshhoooo" "hahhshooo" or anything that slightly varies from that. Then I also have these really throaty harsh sneezes that I couldn't even begin to try to spell.

ROFL :whistle:

ROFL :twisted:

Not sure why what I said is funny, but glad I could entertain you. :whistle:

• 7 months later...

Not a clue o_o; I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm not very good at the phonetic writings, anyway. But hopefully by the end of this semester's phonetics course I'll be an expert :) I could, however, tell you how Salmon sneezes - heck, I hear it enough :bleh: But I think that sneezes in general are very hard to spell unless they're clearly spoken.

Archived