Haven't decided if I'm getting a cold...

---

Not much sneezing, but still thought I'd share.

This morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and a sore throat, beyond the normal morning "blah" I often experience.

This is bad timing. I am curretly living with my parents (I'll be out in May, hopefully) and we all have parent/sneezing/sick issues. Also, I am in the first 90 days of a new job that requires me to be able to speak clearly on the phone. I can't afford to miss work until after the first 90 days.

I met some people at a coffee shop this morning and I had chamomile tea with honey, which made my throat feel better. I sneezed a couple of times, but this is pretty typical for me.

But it didn't last. I ate Chinese food with my parents for lunch. I ordered the Hot and Sour soup, which really cleared my sinuses. I almost sneezed from the spices, but fortunately I held back. (Again, parents.)

I also had a cough drop, because the restaurant, for some odd reasons, has cough drops mixed with the peppermints in the bowl by the register.

I took a nice long nap after that. But I felt worse after I woke up. More chamomile tea.

My friend came over and we went out. I had a big sneeze in the car. After sniffling for a while after that, I asked if she had any tissues. I had to wait to blow my nose until I got to the restaurant.

Now I'm preparing for bed. I'm laying on my side, and it feels like all the mucous in my nose is settling to one side. I hate that.

I haven't admitted this to anyone in "real" life. I'm hoping it's allergies/imagination.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Not much sneezing, but still thought I'd share.

This morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and a sore throat, beyond the normal morning "blah" I often experience.

This is bad timing. I am curretly living with my parents (I'll be out in May, hopefully) and we all have parent/sneezing/sick issues. Also, I am in the first 90 days of a new job that requires me to be able to speak clearly on the phone. I can't afford to miss work until after the first 90 days.

I met some people at a coffee shop this morning and I had chamomile tea with honey, which made my throat feel better. I sneezed a couple of times, but this is pretty typical for me.

But it didn't last. I ate Chinese food with my parents for lunch. I ordered the Hot and Sour soup, which really cleared my sinuses. I almost sneezed from the spices, but fortunately I held back. (Again, parents.)

I also had a cough drop, because the restaurant, for some odd reasons, has cough drops mixed with the peppermints in the bowl by the register.

I took a nice long nap after that. But I felt worse after I woke up. More chamomile tea.

My friend came over and we went out. I had a big sneeze in the car. After sniffling for a while after that, I asked if she had any tissues. I had to wait to blow my nose until I got to the restaurant.

Now I'm preparing for bed. I'm laying on my side, and it feels like all the mucous in my nose is settling to one side. I hate that.

I haven't admitted this to anyone in "real" life. I'm hoping it's allergies/imagination.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Indeed I hope for your job's sake that you cold doesn't really get you down ... but if it does then remember to let us know about the sneezes ...Hank

Thank you. My throat is better today, but my sinuses are killing me. They feel so heavy and stuffed up, and now I have a headache. One side is usually worse than the other. The good news is I think I'll be able to talk tomorrow. I feel a bit sneezy right this minute, but I've only sneezed a few times today.

but if it does then remember to let us know about the sneezes ...Hank

FYI- My colds aren't very sneezy. I hope you aren't too disappointed.

I hope it ends up being a mild cold. It was a good obs. I think that was because of all the potential tensions in your situation. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. Just wanted to let you know that, fotunately/unfortunately, I decided it was allergies, not a cold. I'm still a tad sniffly and stuffy, with some sinus pressure, but for the most part, I'm ok, and it was pretty mild (Saturday and Sunday were the worst.) Monday at work, I would feel my self beginning to sound stuffy on my calls. I'd take a sec in between calls to blow my nose, then I'd be good for a few more calls. By afternoon I was doing better. Fortunately, I have a mute button for coughs and sniffles. (Sneezes take too long. I try to hold those off until I'm between calls.)

Today was a pretty typical for spring (as last year showed me.) Some sniffles, a sneeze or two, but nothing major.

Archived