Sneeze Fetish Forum

Public Sneezing

chui

:yuck:

so im just curious, and im sorry if this has already been posted...if so i never found it...but ive read a lot of people talking about being embarrassed or afraid to sneeze in public. i personally have never been embarrassed to sneeze in public, i may be concious of the potential impact it could have on another fetishist, but im not scared to sneeze.

so im curious, if you are uncomfortable sneezing in public, why?

I never did write an answer to this sort of thing before. And the reason is that I think MY reason is completely different from everyone elses (as per usual). I did go through a brief period when I was quite young of thinking that "liking" (I was too young to know the word fetish) sneezing was something EVERYONE did so I was pretty conscious of when and where I did it.

But I outgrew that tendency.

When I was younger and still lived in...well, the same country as everyone I'm related to, I used to be deeply embarrassed of sneezing or indeed coughing or ANY sign of illness in front of family. Illness was deeply disliked and any outward sign of it was frowned upon. For example one morning I got up (I think I was 12 or thereabouts) and I was coughing, not knowing if anyone was even up that early. My mother was standing there and heard me cough and said "tsk, tsk" and did the "shame, shame" finger at me. I never did find out what the heck that MEANT.

So yes, I would NEVER sneeze in front of my family (good thing they're far away then!) but not for FETISH reasons but because they're...weird! (like ME!) :) But once I figured out that the rest of the world doesn't give you the evil eye for sneezing, I don't care about sneezing in front of anyone else. (Because if it DOES freak anyone out or turn them on, they're just going to have to live with it...that sounds mean but I can't go around worrying about the rest of the population!)

So im curious, if you are uncomfortable sneezing in public, why?

I use to be. And unfortunately I'm not completely sure why. But I've since long gotten over that. :)

OKay, I think I had several reasons for not sneezing in public for so many years. The main reason was that I was (used to be, anyway) embarrassed because of how I felt about sneezing. I was always afraid if I sneezed in front of others, they'd start talking about it, and I'd become mortified. I was always worried that somehow, I'd get "found out." Obviously, that's changed drastically! :lol:

And the other reason was that I absolutely hated sneezing in front of my family. My sister used to (and still does, actually) make a huge deal of sneezing. She embarrassed me once by telling everyone how "cute" I was when I sneezed in my sleep :cryhappy: . And if my mom heard me sneeze, she would always say, "Oh, are you catching a cold?" Used to drive me nuts, so I always stifled and worked hard to create a mental block when it came to sneezing. It works so good now, it's hard to un-block it! :)

And if my mom heard me sneeze, she would always say, "Oh, are you catching a cold?"

Moms... :) Every time I'm sick to my stomach, my mom asks me excitedly if I'm pregnant.

Anyway, when I was a kid I was insanely fascinated with sneezing, as most of us were. I didn't give a lot of thought to my fascination, but I knew other people didn't think about it the same way I did. It didn't matter, I was bold. I didn't care if I sneezed, but mostly I just wanted others to do it. I once asked a random person to do it again when I was shopping with my mom. :cryhappy:

When I got older and recognized the sexual excitement, that's when I started getting embarrassed. Like Sneesee, I think I was paranoid about being found out. I also wanted to avoid taking part in any conversation about sneezing. I loved to overhear it! But to this day I still can't say "sneeze" out loud without turning completely retarded. I know now that just because I sneeze people aren't going to make fetish assumptions. The shyness is just something that stuck with me through the years. In my mind it's sexual, even if no one else is thinking the same thing.

This is a really good question. I haven't really liked sneezing in public for as long as I can remember, so it's difficult to come up the origin of the problem.

I think one reason is because my dad has bad allergies and was constantly sneezeing (in multiples :) ) and I just got so uncomfortable and hated it. I then after a while would not like sneezing in front of my family.

I think the reason I don't like sneezing in front of the rest of the world is because I didn't want to draw attention to myself in that way. If you think about it, a kid is in a classroom the majority of the time, and the classroom is either quiet or just one or two people are talking. A sneeze would be heard by everyone!

Again, it's been so long, I'm not sure, but these seem like reasonable origins to me!

Um...yes. YES. OOHHHHHH, YEAH. I don't do it. Period. Not in front of friends, certainly not in front of family, not even when I'm by myself but surrounded by complete strangers. Nope. Uncomfortable is an understatement for me.

I personally am unsure as to why. However, I do have two theories. One is that I get too excited because I WANT so badly to sneeze in front of people, that I literally scare the sneeze away. The other theory is that I somehow unconsciously view sneezing as a sexual act, and thus, not something you do for just anyone.

I often wish I could sneeze in front of people. But it seems that I just have some kind of mental block. As hard as I try, most often, I just CAN'T.

-YiffySneeze

Well, as you know, I have no problem sneezing in public . . . the problem is someone blessing me for doing it! :lol: I will literally get ANGRY if it's said to me by the wrong person. You, my dear Kata Partner, are not one of those people, of course. I rather like it when YOU say it to me. :)

Everyone else can feck right off. :cryhappy:

I think there are a few reasons.

First, like many others have mentioned, I really hate drawing attention to myself. I can get anxious fairly easily, and am always scared to death that I will do something in front of everyone that will get me made fun of. Feeling the way I have about sneezing from a young age, I really don't want attention to be drawn to it if I do sneeze. It's also very embarrassing when stuff ends up flying out your nose and everyone's watching :)

Another reason I hold sneezes (and coughs) back in public is to keep others from feeling uncomfortable. I hate being around sick people, but for the times I'm not sick enough to miss class, I feel like I shouldn't spread my germs around any more than I have to. So, sometimes teachers and even students don't have the slightest clue that I'm sick. I suppose at the same time I'm busy fooling myself into thinking that I'm all right, even though "ugh I feel gross" is running through my head at all times...sometimes I run into a slight conflict when I want to let certain people know how I really feel even though I'm putting up a healthy front to the rest of the world.

I'm getting better with sneezing in public, I am. As my self-confidence grows, so does the frequency of necessary sneezes. I mean, seriously, if it sneaks up on you, it'll just hurt to hold it back! Luckily my sneezes are fairly quiet, so that helps a bit too...

But yes, I suppose that is why I'm not huge on sneezing in public!

Great question!

I was an only child and my parents would comment or make a big deal out of every little sign of illness. I remember the last time I sneezed around my dad... I sneezed as I was running up the stairs. He followed me, and said.. "Awwwwwww Is my baby getting a cold?" In this real cutesy voice.. That really freaked me out! Haven't sneezed around him since! lol

If I would sniffle they would ALWAYS comment. "Oh.. you're getting a cold." or handing me a tissue they would say.. "Here, blow your nose." I would always refuse! YUCK!

My mother has always made a big deal out of her own sneezing.. or illness in general, really. She is dramatic and likes that kind of attention. I hate that about her! She says things like.. "You didn't even bless me!" It makes me want to go invisible.. lol.. UGH

Once in middle school I was standing with a group of kids. We were outside and I sneezed a few times.. One of the guys said.. "Okay, Damn.. bless you.. now will you stop?? I was mortified!

In public I usually stifle. I don't like to draw attention to myself, really. I will sneeze in front of people I am comfortable with, though. It's a big deal for me. It's kind of like a trust thing. If I can sneeze in front of you, I am comfortable with you... Sounds kind of silly, doesn't it? I mean it's just a sneeze. But, for me.. it's kind of like.. a ... um.. milestone?

Anyway, I hope that some of this made sense!

:twisted:

thank you so much for your answers. i really am just trying to understand how everyone else feels about their fetish and everything that pertains to it. you can ask Aku, im pretty much an attention-getting exhibitionist by nature, one of those people who just positively bounces into a room or place and their very energy says "hey! I'm here!!! notice me...hey! you in the corner, you cant ignore me for long!!" and ive been that way my whole life, i try to temper it, and not be obnoxious, and i really dont beg for notice...but im just so fricking perky and "there" that people notice... and as such, people have always seen if i were ill or sneezy. i guess its been that way for so long ive just never thought to be upset by it. but i can see now how it is an intensely sexual experience and can be very disconcerting. again, thank you all. it is most appreciated.

i just don't like showing signs of weakness any more than i have to. i also kindof have this society driven sneezing, farting, burping and coughing are improper to do in front of people complex.

Guest ilovelamp2

i think i've always been embarrassed and uncomfortable ever since i can remember and never wanted to draw attention to myself in a way that seems to be viewed as gross or unattractive to some people. i've never sneezed in front of my husband yet, but trying to work past the mental block to do that. i honestly cant even remember the last time i ever sneezed in public anywhere, school, work, etc. i am not big on stifling and I'm not even a good stifler anyway..if i try stifling it always comes out sounding weird like PPPPSHSKKKTT, hahaha and i feel like i'm drawing more attention to msyelf than if i just sneezed out loud. occasionally i can keep a stifle almost silent, but not usually, so I developed a mental block forever ago and I am able to fight it off/hold back to the point where i just never sneeze anymore, even though i'd really like to be able to sneeze in front of epople more. i'm really trying to get over the mental block though. usually i can just fight off the sneeze and all i'll get is the burning feeling and then it goes away so i never even get a start on the sneeze. b/c i've been doing it so long now whenever i actually feel a sneeze coming on now, i try to concentrate on getting it out and more times than not it always seems to go away at that point too cuz i've been holding them back for so long and have this mental block!

I have always been hugely embarrassed to sneeze in public or in front of anyone, probably because from a very early age, I associated sneezing with erotic stimulation, so to me, sneezing in front of someone is equivalent to taking off my shirt uninvited. If I am in another room, I will sneeze within earshot of other people, unless they are related to me; for those occasions, I've perfected the absolutely silent stifle.

• 3 months later...

I hate sneezing in public. I try to not sneeze at school as much as possible. And then when I blow my nose, I try to do it as discreetly as possible, which is difficult. In one class a teacher even waited for me to stop blowing my nose to continue class. I like ran back to my seat, and slid in as deep as possible so no one could see me.

I'm only OK with sneezing in front of about three friends, but these are people I've known since I was like, four, so, yeah.

100% scared to death to sneeze in public, or in front of anyone for that matter. I have always been scared, even before I was aware of this fetish. I am not sure why, but it just makes me uncomfortable. When someone else is talking about sneezing it makes me uncomfortable too, so it may just be because I do not want to give anyone a reason to discuss sneezing. I don't even like to sneeze in front of my fiance, who knows all about the fetish!

On the other hand, if I am talking to a fellow fetisher, I will talk about ANYTHING fetish related, and have even wanted to meet a sneeze fetisher in person and share in each others sneezes! Weird.....I know!

Moms... :D Every time I'm sick to my stomach, my mom asks me excitedly if I'm pregnant.

Funny, my mom does the exact same thing, only she doesn't ask "excitedly" if you know what i mean...anyway

I used to be embarrased about sneezing in public, but I'm not really anymore. More embarrassed (and sickened) to see/hear family sneeze...blech!!!

Also people who know about my fetish will sneeze and then look at me and grin, and I can't stand it because they know what I'm thinking...

Sometimes I even think to myself (after I sneeze) "You know, anyone here could be a fetishist and I wouldn't know it..." It makes me laugh sometimes because we could be walking to the same place or standing in the same line and never know...

Oh, I'm definitely one of those people who are extremely, extremely uncomfortable with it. In fact, I haven't sneezed in front of someone for at least a decade. A lot of people say that since it's a sexual thing to us, you feel like you're putting on some kind of show, but that's not what bothers me about it. I honestly don't know what it is. I'm already someone who doesn't like to be watched or observed in general, so this is something I would never do in public. I guess another reason is what people who know me would say. My family always pesters me about it, so if I were to do it, their shock would be enough to make me bolt out of the house and never come back. Ick. I don't like thinking about this.

Just wanted to add this:

On the other hand, if I am talking to a fellow fetisher, I will talk about ANYTHING fetish related, and have even wanted to meet a sneeze fetisher in person and share in each others sneezes! Weird.....I know!

Right! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Just wanted to add this:

Right! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Me too!

This depends on the situation. If I've got a cold, most certainly yes, I'm terrified by it. It has at least partly to do with my mother (again!) who would fuss about those things in a manner that would make anyone puke; really nosy, artificial, humiliating way.

I have no problem with attention in general, but there's huge problem for me in showing weakness. A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of the most emotionally devastating experience in my life so far, I was having a beer with my friend. I was really calm, like this epitome of "good and reasonable attitude". It was like she was more freaked out than me when I told her what had happened, and I ended up consoling her. Then I go to the bathroom and sit down. To my complete suprise, that moment I start to cry my heart out, so desperately that I can't catch my breath. I wipe my eyes, still crying aloud, and open the door. That moment I get perfectly cool again and go to the table to crack jokes with my friend. That's the kind of person I am.

It's like I don't want to be a burden or bother to anyone, even if they tell me straight that they want me to be. I just can't. Because I've got this ridiculous idea stuck in my head that I should be able to take care of THEM, not the other way around. You can imagine that this goes with being sick also.

Guest WalterDESneeze

I know how you feel, I love helping others so much, but is super hard fro me to accept help. Ive gotten better about it though. maybe we should talk about it sometime if you want to work it through........I promise not to help...:eek: i will facilitate you helping yourself

quote name='Shiny_bug' date='Aug 2 2007, 10:44 PM' post='224728']

This depends on the situation. If I've got a cold, most certainly yes, I'm terrified by it. It has at least partly to do with my mother (again!) who would fuss about those things in a manner that would make anyone puke; really nosy, artificial, humiliating way.

I have no problem with attention in general, but there's huge problem for me in showing weakness. A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of the most emotionally devastating experience in my life so far, I was having a beer with my friend. I was really calm, like this epitome of "good and reasonable attitude". It was like she was more freaked out than me when I told her what had happened, and I ended up consoling her. Then I go to the bathroom and sit down. To my complete suprise, that moment I start to cry my heart out, so desperately that I can't catch my breath. I wipe my eyes, still crying aloud, and open the door. That moment I get perfectly cool again and go to the table to crack jokes with my friend. That's the kind of person I am.

It's like I don't want to be a burden or bother to anyone, even if they tell me straight that they want me to be. I just can't. Because I've got this ridiculous idea stuck in my head that I should be able to take care of THEM, not the other way around. You can imagine that this goes with being sick also.

I'd say for me it depends on the company. I'd LOVE to be blessed by girls, but I find it rather appaling to be blessed by family members and/or guys.

So yeah I'll hold back a sneeze if I'm around a guy or anyone in my family, but if I'm living my fantasy and I'm by cute girls then heck yes I'm going to sneeze :yes:

Archived