Imagining what a sneezer looks like while listening to their wavs?

Sneezer

So, when listening to wavs of a person who you've never seen, what do you base your mental image on? For example, do you picture them as being large or small based on the volume of their sneeze? Do you have a favorite person or celebrity (real or fictional) that you envision the sneezer looking like? Do you think of the wav as coming from a "faceless" sneezer without really thinking or focusing on what the person looks like? Do certain sounding sneezes tend to make you envision a person of specific race, hair color, etc.? Do you end up with the exact same mental image each time you listen to any wav, regardless of how different each one may sound?

I had a conversation the other day with someone around the office regarding a similar type topic. Namely, we joked about how you can't help but have a mental image of what the person on the other end of a phone call looks like, even if 99 times out of 100 you're not even remotely close to being correct. I remember talking for years with this one female salesperson who I had never actually met, and I couldn't help but picture a petite person with pixie-short hair and tiny facial features. It makes no sense that I'd necessarily envision that based solely on her soft, sweet voice, but I couldn't help it. Of course, when I finally did meet her in person I was surprised to learn that she was a 6-foot tall woman with long braided hair and rather masculine features. The imagination can be a powerful thing...! :-)

Anyway, I guess it's just human nature for your mind to come up with stuff subconciously like that, so I just wondered how that might carry over into the wav-listening arena. Any comments?

Jeff

...(who, as far as YOU know, looks like a cross between Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Tom Cruise)...:-)

That's quite an interesting question. About half the time, I just enjoy the sound, but when I do visualize, how I do it depends on circumstance. At the moment, I've recently started dating a guy whose sneeze I have not yet heard, so I tend to imagine him (which is funny, since there are four different .wav sneezers I really enjoy, and each of them has a completely different sneezing style -- so apparently I've given this poor man rather a remarkable fantasy repertoire). If I'm not thinking about him, I usually think about a freelance editor whom I've hired a couple of times . . . I'm familiar with his writing, and I've talked to him on the phone; although we've never met, I know what he looks like, and I have a bit of a thing for him. He has the world's sexiest laugh, and I would pay money to hear him sneeze, but so far, no luck -- so I substitute certain .wavs for reality in that respect.

Jeff

...(who, as far as YOU know, looks like a cross between Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Tom Cruise)...:-)

I always imagined you to have blonde hair for some reason. Is that why you say Brad Pitt? :laugh: Sorry, had to throw that in. :rolleyes:

I guess I do make a mental image in my head for those people I don't know what they look like. It isn't always based on their sneeze, but usually their voice and the characteristics that I find attractive in my own mind. This is a very vivid place, my mind, so I have mental images for lots of sneezers, and they are all different!

I guess I do make a mental image in my head for those people I don't know what they look like. It isn't always based on their sneeze, but usually their voice and the characteristics that I find attractive in my own mind.

I'm the same way. The more aural information I have on the person, the more vivid the picture in my mind. And th more I enjoy the sneezes, the sexier the person becomes. :thumbsup2:

Well:

I have lots of experience with this as I am blind and have never seen anything. I am sure that color means things to every one else, but it's a meaningless thing to me. I do however picture the person, general stature, figgure, hair length, age etc.

I've some times thought about a fic about a dating service or a show like the dating game where the only view the person would get is the sound of the sneeze. That probably wouldn't appeal much to the general public and it might not even appeal to seeing people with the fetish. It would certainly level the playing field though.

When it comes to men I do think that George Clooney is easy on the eye's :blushing: so I have on occasion had a picture of George on my screen at the same time I have listend to wavs.

Sometimes I put images with- other times not. I am sort of picky about the type of voice that I really like (and *NO* it's not just the "accented" ones :drool: lol!!). If there is a voice or a "vocal" quality to the sneeze that I think is Really attractive then I'll make a picture in my head of the person- it is never a celeb. Although sometimes I will picture one of my orginal characters.

I do this all the time. I always picture my "type" of guy when I listen to wavs ... to me it kinda makes them more like they are right next to you. I also sometimes put together little stories and situations about why the person is sneezing (for the wavs that are not scenario based.)

I, too, have a "mental picture" of the sneezer -- but for some reason, it's not very "defined". Almost a generic face, but a face nonetheless. I picture the facial features acting out the sneeze, and I contort my face the same way while I listen. If anyone were to look through the window (not that I listen to wavs with the curtains open!! :laugh: ), they'd think I was a very strange person!!!

Oh, wait, they'd be right.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I coldn't resist.

Has anyone ever heard the "Tarotgal" sneezing fit (in 3 parts) on the Tarot of Sneezing? This remains to this day the best wav I've EVER heard, and I always thought she'd look like Debra Winger. Kind of classy, 50's, you know.

Just saying.

Jack of Hat's IV, Officer in the 41st Line of Sneeze Fetishist Writers

Well i certainly find this. I cant really picture a particular female. But for a male yes i do picture celebrities and the top three would be:

1. Ben Barnes

2. Matt Smith

3. Jackson Rathbone

i imagine them differently depending on the sound of the sneeze

Archived