FLU OR COLD ?

Guest sneezynick

Guest sneezynick

I read somewhere that the flu you only sneeze sometimes but a cold always. I was wondering if any of you have ever noticed more sneezing when someone has a cold or more sneezing if someone has the flu?

I never sneeze much with either. However, it's my understanding that sneezing more so associated with colds than flu, and that the biggest problems with flu tend to be fever, aches, etc and not so much the respitory symptoms.

• 2 years later...

yep i agree.

colds are where you sneeze more. a flu is just like a worse version of a cold (but minus the sneezing)

i totally love guys with colds though, because the other symptoms (besides sneezing) are good too!

like the conjested voice ;)

do u enjoy cold symptoms too?

• 11 months later...

hehee umm i think it's because the flu virus doesn't infect the sinuses necessarily, it's more of a respitory/chest thing, while colds infect the sinuses and the chest.

I can't even remember the last time I had the flu, so I can't speak on that, but colds do make me sneezier than usual. And in the past when I've done reading on flu symptoms, sneezing was never mentioned. Like diiisney said, the flu seems to be a more respiratory/chest thing. :D However, that doesn't entirely make sense to me, given as the flu can cause major congestion, and as a lovely World Book article once described, sneezing helps clear the nose of congestion. Sooooo why not with the flu??? :D

Although, I've seen at least a couple of obs on the forum about people with the flu who sneezed a lot. Or perhaps they were just really bad colds?...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived