Sneeze Fetish Forum

sneezing restrictions

haeeshoo

I just read an article about certain restrictions after ear operations in case of a ruptured ear drum.

According to the article, to avoid the ear drum being ruptured again it is advised to sneeze with an open mouth

for at least about 6 weeks.

Did any of the people who normally stifle in public have such an operation?

And what did you do when you had to sneeze?

Or how would you handle such a situation if it happened to you?

Just wondering :blink:

Oh wow, that's really scary. I stifle at home because I don't sneeze in front of people (I stifle only in complete privacy). So I would be in trouble. The only thing I can think of doing would be to get rid of need to sneeze immediately by pinching my nose. I'm pretty good at holding them back without causing myself any strain. But, yeah, that's a frightening thought.

Message to all stiflers : start smothering your sneezes into a handkerchief instead - better for your ears and ... I like that :laugh:

C

Message to all stiflers : start smothering your sneezes into a handkerchief instead - better for your ears and ... I like that :laugh:

C

I'm right with you on that one, Countless! Just one of the many virtues of the hanky!

I never had eardrum surgery, but I did have a similar experience when I was a teenager. I had my nose cauterized for frequent nosebleeds; they packed the one side of my nose with gauze and told me that I must not blow my nose or sneeze for 24 hours. Well, a few hours later the gauze started to unravel, and the fibers started creating a most maddening tickle. I tried desparately not to sneeze, holding my breath almost to the point of asphixiation! Ultimately, I had to give in to a most astounding sneezing fit. I finally ended up removing the gauze and carefully blowing my nose. Fortunately, everything turned out OK, but I never did go back to that doctor!

Archived