What am I doing wrong?

Miss.A.Tishoo

Okay I really enjoy inducing and have tried various things to do it. My favourites however are probably gift wrapping ribbon and dental floss.

My problem though is that my first induced sneeze comes very quickly - I barely have to tickle at all - but after that I find it more difficult. In fact sometimes I just can't get another tickle no matter what I do :).

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

I don't know if it's psycological, or I'm not hitting the right spot, or if my nose is just too wise after the first sneeze lol. I'm not very sneezy by nature, but surely inducing is only triggering a natural response...

Hmmm!

Any ideas anyone?

I used to have this problem when I was using the tissue method regularly. I think it was a combination of my nose becoming desensitized and the tissue becoming, for lack of a better word, soggy.

Since I've been using the plastic price tags I don't have this problem at all anymore. I am able to pin point a very specific spot with these tags and it never becomes soggy. What I am trying to say is maybe you should try different methods. Don't get too caught up in one or two. Also, I think Fifi's suggestion of trying different nostrils is a good idea too.

I agree with everyone. Nostrils and perhaps a more solid or semi-solid inducing iron.

I think one can sometimes get a sort of premature sternutation from the very edge of the nostril, and proper stimulation needs to be from a properly sneezy place that is a bit further in; possibly a lot further in.

Thanks everyone! I will have another try later and see if I can find the spot with a "firmer" instrument lol.

I hear a lot of you talking about clothes tags - do you mean the plastic bit that joins the tag to the clothes when you buy them? Sorry for asking such a stupid question ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the end of shoelaces for years and they always work for me.

I do find my nose becomes desensitised after about 10 or so sneezes, which is annoying and frustrating.

I have to use both nostrils at the same time even from the start, or I get nothing! (I've been doing this since I was about 10 though, so my poor nose is probably tired, LOL) I don't do it that often though.

Archived