Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do Latin Americans sneeze more than other people ?

atchoum

I’ve just put up an observation of a Venezuelan man who sneezed about 20 times and it made me think that of the very limited sample of Latin Americans I know, there is a very large proportion who sneeze far more than say the average Frenchman. There is the rapid fire sneezing variety, that we have talked about quite a lot in the past and there are several Peruvian women I have been in contact with who are very much this type of sneezer. One will rattle off about 6 or 7 tiny sneezes, another would go on for twice or three times as many, not so tiny after and quite exhausting. But there are those who seem to have sneezing fits for no obvious reasons, and those who just sneeze singles all the time. There is a Mexican man working with us – I don’t think I have ever spent an hour with him and he hasn’t sneezed at least once – sometimes twice.

Anyone else with any experiences in this line ?

Guest Leonard Fairbanks

Yeah, I've noticed it...I've also noticed that a lot of them like to talk about their sneezes, probably because as a whole they are a very talkative, communicating group of people.

I’ve just put up an observation of a Venezuelan man who sneezed about 20 times and it made me think that of the very limited sample of Latin Americans I know, there is a very large proportion who sneeze far more than say the average Frenchman. There is the rapid fire sneezing variety, that we have talked about quite a lot in the past and there are several Peruvian women I have been in contact with who are very much this type of sneezer. One will rattle off about 6 or 7 tiny sneezes, another would go on for twice or three times as many, not so tiny after and quite exhausting. But there are those who seem to have sneezing fits for no obvious reasons, and those who just sneeze singles all the time. There is a Mexican man working with us – I don’t think I have ever spent an hour with him and he hasn’t sneezed at least once – sometimes twice.

Anyone else with any experiences in this line ?

Absolutely, I've seen this in many mexican women, and from women from countries in that general area. Either repetitive rapid fire tiny cough like sneezes or ones of the "choo" variety.

Guest Descry

Mm, I can't really say, but I DO have a Latin American friend who sneezes - on a normal day - a good 20 times, at the very least. He also does talk about it, but that could be just because he knows about my fetish.

So, I really say for sure if they do tend to be sneezier or not, but it definately looks that way as of now, doesn't it? Interesting.

I haven't notice it, but I could say that we mexicans tend to sneeze lould and women do in "rapid fire" :innocent:

FYI, here in Mexico there is common to say to a sneezer "Sancho" instead of "Salud" because there is the myth that when someone sneeze his wife is with another man. :yes: (the "Sancho" is that another man) But is taken more as a joke than an insult, but only between close friends. So mainly a sneeze is a opportunity to joke about.

Actually, my old friend, Head Cashier, is half Mexican, and even though I noticed he sneezed a lot :yes: , he also mentioned to me once that he sneezed on a regular basis, usually in threes or fours, sometimes more. And that it was unusual for him to go a day without sneezing at least once. So, perhaps there is something in that observation, atchoum.

hmmm i beg to suggest that there likely isn't a racial pattern of sneezing. still if that is the case, i won't complain......my half cuban half colombian gorgeous boyfriend has the most scrumptious sneezes ever, stifled or let out--of course, he's just sneezy these days thanks to good old equal-opportunity allergies. :yes:

xoxojpeach

I've noticed that too. :D They tend to sneeze in multiples and fits. Haven't noticed them talking about it. :yes: Maybe I just haven't been paying attention. :wub:

I have to add, I have an assistant manager who is Peurto Rican, and he sneezes CONSTANTLY at work! I've stopped writing obs about him, because every time I work with him, I get at least two out of him. Does this mean anything? I don't know. I was reminded of him last night, because he sneezed a total of ten times all night.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pookie77

My ex-fiancee was Mexican, and during Spring and Fall hayfever season, he would wake up in the morning and sneeze 10-20 times, with a good 15-20 seconds between each sneeze ... and then he would have 3-4 more fits of 10 and under throughout the rest of the day. He sneezed a lot during the August, September months, and there were occasions where I wondered when he would eventually stop sneezing. I wouldn't be surprised if genetically Hispanics sneeze more.

im latina and i sneeze alot... so i dont know. hmm now that i think of it.. the mexican guys ive dated sneezed ALOT too!

• 3 weeks later...

My ex-girlfriend Melissa was Argentinian and (sadly for me) hardly ever sneezed except when she had a cold.

I'm with jpeach. I try not to place a connection between sneezing and ethnicity. But that hasn't stopped me from noticing certain patterns. My school had a large population of Latin Americans but the only ones who sneezed more than other people were by far the girls from the Caribbean. They sneezed more periodically and whenever they had to sneeze it was never 1 or 2 sneezes. It was always in fits of 10-20 sneezes. I always thought it was because practically all the Puerto Rican, Dominican, and Cuban girls in my school stifled their sneezes and it's been said that stifling makes you sneeze more. I don't know if that's true but the girls from South America didn't stifle that much and whenever they had to sneeze it was only once or twice.

My ex-girlfriend Melissa was Argentinian and (sadly for me) hardly ever sneezed except when she had a cold.

It's certainly a great overgeneralization to talk about Latin Americans, but I can't help thinking there's something in it.

I too have Argentinian friends. One I have only seen sneeze once - a classical double - but his family all came from Italy. Another friend has catlike sneezes, but only about 3 or 4 at the most, but quite often.

Everyone is probably right to reject a connection with race, but as sneeze patterns tend to be heriditary, there may be some ethnic ingredient. At any rate, it's fascinating to go through all the people we know and reflect on how they sneeze.

I've known a fair number of Latin Americans and have not noticed an unusual amount of sneeziness.

But I think people in general sometimes do develop allergies when they move to a location very far away/botanically different from where they grew up. Has anyone else noticed that?

• 5 years later...

Archived