Sneeze Fetish Forum

Unexpected Comfort - (35 Parts)

aggedy_ann

Title: Unexpected Comfort

Fandom: House M.D.

Characters: Mainly Wilson and House (guy/buddy comfort fic, not slash) with possible appearances by Cuddy, Chase, Cameron and Foreman.

Summary: Really isn't one. Basically, I'm sick, and Wilson has kindly agreed to suffer with me. Anyway, Wilson doesn't get sick often, but when he does, he makes up for it.

Rating: G

Disclaimer: I don't own them, but I'm beginning to think they own me.

Spoilers: Takes place mid season 2

A/N: Not sure how long this will be. Not much sneezing in the first part.

House woke to a different sound this morning. At first he wasn’t sure what woke him, expecting it to be Wilson’s hair dryer or his “noisy” toenails. A few seconds later, the same sound caught his attention again and he was able to identify it as muffled sneezing, from the kitchen it sounded like. Grabbing his cane, he dragged himself out of bed and hobbled to the kitchen.

Ignoring Wilson at the stove, he opened the cupboard and grabbed a bowl and a box of cereal. Settling at the table, he poured himself a bowl. “Can you hand me the milk?” He asked.

“I’m making breakfast, House. The macadamia nut pancakes you like so much.” Wilson paused and coughed into his shoulder.

“Not my breakfast, you’re not. Not with a cold. Milk.”

“I don’t have a cold.” Wilson protested, trying to discreetly sniffle.

“Yeah.” House rolled his eyes sarcastically. “You always wake me up by coughing and sneezing. Is there any coffee?”

Wilson set a cup and the coffee pot on the table. “Just because you heard me coughing and sneezing doesn’t automatically mean I’m sick. I do have allergies.”

“That haven’t kicked in yet.”

“How would you know? You don’t have hay fever until fall.”

“I check online.”

“Why? Seeing when you can start taking me to task for my stuffy nose and red eyes?”

“As fun as that is, nope. Make clinic hours easier if I know when I can stop saying ‘It’s a cold, go home.’ And start saying ‘It’s allergies, go home.’ Pollen season hasn’t quite started yet. Ergo, you’re sick.”

Sniffling as quietly as possible once again, Wilson sighed. “Maybe you brought a cat in here to torture me.”

“Yeah. That’s it. I went out in the middle of the night to find some flea bitten fur-ball and rubbed him all over your face and clothes while you were sleeping. You didn’t seem to mind at the time. My guess is you miss-“

Huhhreshhh, ushsheshh…ishhehhh, shehshh.” 2 sets of double sneezes separated by a 7 second pause in between sets interrupted House as Wilson quickly brought his arm up to shield his face, turning away from the stove.

“Aha!” House exclaimed. “You’re sick. You have your sick sneeze, your little 2 sets of 2 with seven seconds in the middle. Allergies are more unpredictable. Other than that, you never sneeze more than once.”

Wilson grabbed a paper towel from the counter and blew his nose. “Okay, fine. I have a cold.”

“And you’re going back to bed, not to work. Finish your breakfast and change out of your suit and back into your jammies, Jimmy.”

“But I have patients-“

“Yes, you do. Cancer stricken immuno-compromised patients who come to see you in an attempt to get healthier, not to get infected with some strain of rhinovirus by you. And who can see one of your underlings.”

“Paperwork and clinic hours.” Wilson tried to protest again.

“Clinic hours…once again, Jimmy, people come to the clinic to get better, not get sick. And in a couple hours, you’ll most likely be feeling so awful that it’ll be hard to stay awake, let alone focus on charts. Remember the last cold you had?”

Wilson nodded, giving a deep sniffle followed by a few harsh coughs.

“Got to hand it to you there. You may not get sick often, but you certainly make up for it when you do. Now did that one turn into pneumonia or was that the one you had before.”

“The one before. Last time turned into an ear infection and bronchitis.”

“Precisely. You either need to get less sick more often.”

Wilson gave House a funny look. “Less sick more often. That doesn’t even make sense.”

“Or you need to take care of yourself when you get sick. I’ll talk to Cuddy when I get in. Try not to spew germs all over the apartment.” Slurping up the last of his cereal, he got up from the table to get ready to head to work, leaving Wilson coughing in the kitchen.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here it is. *grins* I was SO looking forward to seeing this. Sorry that you aren't feeling good. But I *am* enjoying this.

House being all nice and take charge and stuff- that is nice. Jimmy does need to be told to take care of himself sometimes. Wilson's Definately more the caretaker- but it sounds like House has things under control. Go House!!

Again, I'm so struck by the fact that I don't even watch this show, yet all of you authors who write about it seem to have captured the characters so well! I loved this! I can't wait for more! Very cute, especially the part where House analyzes Wilson's sneezes to confirm that it's a cold. :unsure:

And here it is. *grins* I was SO looking forward to seeing this. Sorry that you aren't feeling good. But I *am* enjoying this.

House being all nice and take charge and stuff- that is nice. Jimmy does need to be told to take care of himself sometimes. Wilson's Definately more the caretaker- but it sounds like House has things under control. Go House!!

I totally see Wilson as caretaker extroidinare with one exception - himself. It seems to me that most people who are supreme caretakers tend to consistently put the needs of others before his own. And you can kind of see that in the show (like with WIlson putting his relationship with House above his career and his marriages, Grace, and several other things.) My guess is that he thinks it might be a bit selfish to put himself first. OMG....there is sooooo much potential for Wilson angst.....ooooo....Wilson and Chase angst. Must finish this first though, but it's going in the bunny list.

Again, I'm so struck by the fact that I don't even watch this show, yet all of you authors who write about it seem to have captured the characters so well! I loved this! I can't wait for more! Very cute, especially the part where House analyzes Wilson's sneezes to confirm that it's a cold. :shy:

Sneesee....you need to catch an episode. It's awesome. I'm finally getting caught up on Season 3 and even though getting laid off sucked, it's kinda nice to not work nights anymore so I can catch my shows. And my next job will probably be a day job since I miss working days. (and I get more time to be online with people :rolleyes: and I'm off topic, but it's my thread, so w/e. What can I say - feedback = shiny.

And to tell you the truth....reading sneezefics has gotten me into my main fandoms (House and Harry Potter)

And House must be the diagnostician, even at home, he can't stop it.

There's more coming tonight. I have to go an get my antibiotics for my ear infection and then it's writing time. (Although I wrote a bunch last night but it was set up stuff so not really any sneezing :yuck: Oh well, it's coming.

And here's more. House has to be at work for awhile, so no sneezing until the end.

House headed into PPTH and went straight to Cuddy’s office. Knocking on the door and then opening it, he plopped down in the chair across from her desk, waiting for her to hang up the phone.

A few minutes later, Cuddy hung up and looked at him. “What do you want, House?”

“Wilson’s sick.”

“How sick?”

“He’s got a cold…for now. He won’t be in today.”

“He chose not to come in?” Cuddy was surprised; the wonder boy Oncologist rarely missed work.

“I chose for him not to come in. You remember how sick he got last time.”

“And the time before that.”

“And the time before that.” House continued the thought. “I figured if I can get him to stay home at the beginning, maybe it won’t be as bad this time. But, he’ll be out for a couple days at least.”

“I’ll distribute his appointments among the other oncologists. And work at getting his clinic hours covered. How many do you want?”

“I figured I can make Cameron, Chase and Foreman cover them. They need the experience. And I want to be off as long as he is to make sure he rests.”

“No. House, I’m one doctor down. I can’t be down both of you.”

“You know if someone doesn’t look after him, he won’t take care of himself. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s doing research or paperwork from home right now. Or that he’ll show up later to do work from his office. Do you really want to admit him again? It doesn’t look good when one of your doctors collapses in the clinic.”

“Fine. Three conditions: You will show up to do your clinic hours and meet with your team every day he’s out. And you will be on call for your team. And Foreman’s in charge.”

“Fine.” If Cuddy was surprised by House’s lack of resistance, she didn’t show it. “I’ll go fill my team in.” Slowly standing up, he left Cuddy’s office for his own.

Shaking her head, Cuddy reached for the phone to call Oncology. House must have been concerned about Wilson to not even put up a fight about not getting the days off. He must care about him more than she thought as this was a side of him she rarely saw and hadn’t in years. And he had a valid point. Wilson was great at taking care of everyone around him but not so good at taking care of himself when it came to it. And the last thing she wanted to do was admit him again. And House would keep him in bed at least.

House swept into his office, tossing his backpack in the corner. “Alright team. Few changes this week. Wilson’s sick.”

“And what does that have to do with us?” Chase wanted to know.

“Glad you asked.” House gave a small, somewhat devious, smile. “First off, you three are covering his clinic hours. Chase, starting with you.”

“Why me?”

House shrugged. “You opened your mouth first.”

“Fine. Anything else?”

“Yeah. I’m here for my clinic hours and to meet with you three. After that, you can call me at home if you need me. Probably be like this all week.”

“Is Dr. Wilson ok?” Cameron asked.

“He’ll be fine; right now it’s just a cold, and I’d like to keep it that way. I have two choices: I can either be at home and make sure he rests and doesn’t over-exert himself, or I can cuff him to the sofa every morning before work. And Cuddy won’t let me borrow her handcuffs.”

“Let me get this straight.” Foreman cut in. “You are going to be out for a week because Wilson has a Cold.”

“Yeah. And Cuddy put you in charge.”

“And you’re staying home because Wilson Has A Cold. And Cuddy’s letting you?”

“Yeah. His last cold turned into an ear infection and bronchitis, the one before that, pneumonia, the one before that, pneumonia, before that, bronchitis, shall I continue? Cuddy doesn’t want to have to admit him to the hospital again. Any other statements you’d like to repeat?”

“Foreman’s in charge?” Cameron asked.

“Yeah. And you have clinic duty tomorrow, followed by Foreman, then back to Chase again.”

“For how long?”

“3 hours a day. Oh, you meant, until Wilson’s back. Anyway, no patient yet. Call me at home if you need me. Chase, come with me.” Picking up his backpack, he led Chase down the hall to the clinic, leaving Cameron and Foreman to stare at each other, confused.

“Is he staying home to take Care of Wilson?” Foreman couldn’t help but wonder out loud.

“It certainly sounds that way.” Cameron shrugged.

“Maybe we should check the water. Anyway, I’ll go see Cuddy about getting files for a new patient.”

~~~~~~~~House and Chase go to the Clinic and see patients, then Chase goes back to the office and House goes back to his apartment~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

House opened the apartment door, fully expecting to see Wilson sitting at the kitchen table working or cleaning. Instead, there was Wilson, sprawled out on the couch in a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt, blanket half covering his body. Several crumpled tissues piled in the small trashcan and a nearly empty box of tissues lay on the coffee table next to half a glass of orange juice and a bottle of water and a medical journal. Apparently, Wilson had tried a bit of reading and had given up. Entering the kitchen, he set the grocery bags on the table. As he had suspected, the kitchen had been cleaned up. Leave it to Wilson, no matter how sick he was, he still had to make sure the dishes were done, the kitchen was clean, and the leftovers neatly labeled and put away.

Shaking his head at his friend’s obsessiveness, he began to put the groceries he’d bought away. More orange juice – fridge, canned soup, peanut butter – cupboard, bread, crackers – counter, tea – other cupboard above the coffeemaker, tissues, cold pills and cough drops – left on the table. Quietly, he pulled out a small soup pan and opened a can of soup into it, setting it on the stove to heat. Filling a much with water, he set it in the microwave for a few minutes while he absently stirred the soup. As the microwave softly beeped, he pulled out the cup and set a tea bag in there, gently pressing down on it with a spoon. Once the soup was hot, he poured some in a bowl and set both on the table while he went to wake Wilson.

Walking back into the living room, he reached over and shook his roommate’s should. “Wilson.” He called loudly.

Wilson brought his arm up to cover his mouth as he shook with several coughs. Sitting up and sipping his water, he looked at House, confusion in his eyes. “Have I been asleep all day?”

House looked at him. “It’s 1:30 in the afternoon. You’ve probably only been asleep for a couple hours.” Reaching for his backpack he sat on the edge of the coffee table. “I’m going to take a look at you.”

“I’m fine, House.” Wilson prepared to stand up. “What did Cuddy say?”

“Stay on the couch. And you’re out until you’re better. Fever?”

“Don’t know. Why are you home so early?”

“To make sure you rest. I go in for clinic hours and team meeting, otherwise I’m on call.” House gently pressed on Wilson’s throat and behind his ears. “Any of that hurt?” Wilson shook his head. “Glands are swollen, and you feel warm. I’ll get a temperature in a bit.”

He reached into his bag for his stethoscope and otoscope as Wilson reached past him for the tissues. “Ihhshehhh, hiihhreshhh…ehshuhh, hurheshhoo.

“Done?” House waited for Wilson’s nod before switching on the otoscope. “Say ahhh and warn me if you’re going to sneeze again.” Wilson nodded, following House’s directions, feeling really to horrible to fight with him. “Throat’s okay...you’ve been coughing?” Wilson nodded. “It’s a bit red, but probably just irritated from the coughing. Now ears.” He placed a speculum on the scope and peered into Wilson’s left ear, then his right. “A bit of fluid, but no redness or swelling. Ears hurt at all?”

“No.” Wilson started. “Nee…ehh…eed to –“

Understanding, House handed him a fresh tissue in the nick of time. “Uhhreshh, rehhshehh…ruhshooo, uhrhshooo. Ugh.”

“Bless.” House waited for him to blow his nose. “I want to listen to your chest.”

“Is that really necessary? It’s just a cold.”

“You’ve been coughing. I want to listen to your breathing.” Sticking his stethoscope in his ears, he placed the other end against Wilson’s t-shirt. “Deep breaths.” He reminded.

“You do remember that I am a doctor, House. I know how to do this.”

“Stop talking and breathe.” House listened intensely to Wilson’s lungs as the oncologist took slow deep breaths. “How long have you been wheezing?”

“What? House, I haven’t been wheezing at all.” Shaking his head, House handed him the earpieces of the stethoscope so Wilson could listen to his breathing. “House, it’s barely anything.” He protested.

“Have you used your inhalator?” House demanded. Wilson shook his head. “I suggest you start. Where is it?”

“Pants.” Wilson pointed to the chair, bringing the tissues up to his nose again. “Huhhreshhh, ehshhuhh….itshchushh, hurrschschhuhhshh.” Blowing his nose, he leaned back against the couch, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

House tossed him the inhalator. “Sinus pain? What color is it when you blow your nose?”

“Just a headache and a sore nose. And my snot is clear. It’s not sinusitis.”

“Not yet. Use your inhalator. And lunch is in the kitchen. Do you feel up to eating at the table or do you want to stay here?”

Wilson made a move as if to get up, then reconsidered. “Here, to be honest. I feel completely awful.”

House nodded, going into the kitchen and first carrying out the soup, bringing the tea and cold pills on the second trip. Handing the pills to Wilson, he sat next to him on the couch. “Take these. After you eat, it’s back to sleep for you.”

Awwww!!! *melts into puddle of goo* That is so cute- House bossing everybody around and Making Wilson rest. *grins*

And LOL!! :) I Loved Foreman- and I could Totally see him saying what he said- and the expression on his face when he said it. hehehehe... that was brilliant.

Oh... and also Total House to leave Cuddy with the impression that he would be doing clinic when he had no intention of doing it. :drool:

Can't wait for more. :twisted:

Awwww!!! *melts into puddle of goo* That is so cute- House bossing everybody around and Making Wilson rest. *grins*

And LOL!! :lol: I Loved Foreman- and I could Totally see him saying what he said- and the expression on his face when he said it. hehehehe... that was brilliant.

Oh... and also Total House to leave Cuddy with the impression that he would be doing clinic when he had no intention of doing it. :drool:

Can't wait for more. :twisted:

I think Foreman has No idea what is going on with House. He's not being mean and cruel and heartless. Foreman's world is off kilter, although I doubt he minds being in charge. And you know House likes to tell people what to do.

House managed to escape Wilson's clinic duty, but Cuddy's on to him - he can't get out of his own. :)

And here's the third installment. I have a feeling this is going to be a long story.

House watched intently as Wilson managed to eat half the bowl of soup and finish the tea before pushing the dishes aside. “You’re coughing less.” He pointed out.

Wilson nodded grabbing his napkin and pressing it to his nose. “Hurrheshhh, ehshhehh…ruhshhooo, uhshooo…hitschhhehh, hehthschhh…uhhhtshchuhh, itshchahhh.”

House could almost see him counting to 7 between the pairs of sneezes and could see the pain in the oncologist’s eyes and he blew his tender nose on the rough napkin. “Bless.” Noticing that the tissue box on the table was empty, he slowly dragged himself off the couch, snagging the box to toss it in the kitchen trashcan. Returning a few moments later with a fresh box tucked under his arm, the bag of cough drops clenched between his teeth and a glass of water in his free hand, he placed everything on the table and sprawled out in the armchair. Opening the box, he slid the tissues over to Wilson. “So how are you feeling?”

Wilson shot him a Look. “I thought you said I was supposed to go back to sleep.” He slithered down on the couch and wrapped the blanket around himself.

“And I still need to check your temperature.”

“It’s a Cold. Plus I just had hot soup and tea, so that will throw the thermometer off.”

“I’ll get it later. If you are running a fever, it’s probably low-grade. Your eyes aren’t glassy. And how are you feeling?” Again with the Look from Wilson. “Hey. I have to ask; it’s my job. And you know that Cuddy’s going to call later for an update.”

“I’m absolutely finde.” Wilson sniffled. “No cough, no sore throat, no stuffy nose, no fever, no snde…eeerrhushhh, herrushh…uhshehhh, rusheshhhhshhh… Do sdeezig. See House, I’b absolutely fide. Do reasod for you to be worryig. Do reasod for Cuddy to call. Do reasod for be dot to be at work.” His sarcasm was ruined by the sudden sneezes and resulting stuffy nose.

“Yeah.” House snarked back. “All the healthy people I know can’t pronounce ‘m’s and ‘n’s.”

Wilson blew his nose several times. “I think you can see how I’m feeling.”

“Wrong. I can see your symptoms. But I can’t see how you feel.”

“You’ve had colds before. You know how they feel. At least you certainly whine enough when you’ve got one.”

“I didn’t ask you how it feels to have a cold. I asked you how it feels to have this cold so I can judge how bad it is. You can’t see every symptom.”

“If I answer, will you leave me alone and let me sleep?”

“Oh all right. You never are any fun when you’re sick, Jimmy.” This time, Wilson managed to hold his pissy glare. “Fine. I’ll let you sleep.”

“Good. Especially since you already told me to sleep. My head hurts. My throat hurts. My nose hurts. I’m exhausted. I’m sick of blowing my nose, and I swear to God if I…” He broke off and grabbed the tissues. “Hhuureshhh, uhhsheshh…hhhirreshh, huhrshhh. If I sneeze onde more timbe-“ He broke off to cough.

“You’ll what?”

“Hondestly, I dond’t know. I’m goig to sleep.” He blew his nose fiercely and rolled over to face the back of the couch, burying his face in the pillow. “And don’t try anything with me while I’m sleeping.” He warned, although it lost the sternness considering it was muffled by the pillow.

“Who, me? I already told you, you’re no fun when you’re sick.” Grabbing the remote from the coffee table, he flipped to a home repair show and leaned back in the chair.

“Yeah.” House snarked back. “All the healthy people I know can’t pronounce ‘m’s and ‘n’s.”

:hyp: Of course they do. :P That line was great!!

House... try something while Jimmy is sleeping?? :D

Did I mention that I So adore sick Wilson. *snuggles*?? And sneezing mid-sentence.... :wheels: Gotta love that.

Am totally loving this so far can't wait to see more. :D

Am totally loving this so far can't wait to see more. :drool:

Here here! Any chance of House catching the cold, or is this strictly sick!Wilson only? Either's good, I just really LOVE sick!House...especially if he hides it to take care of Wilson...

Anyway, can't WAIT to see what happens next,

silentdreamer789

House... try something while Jimmy is sleeping?? :innocent:

Did I mention that I So adore sick Wilson. *snuggles*?? And sneezing mid-sentence.... :wheels: Gotta love that.

Am totally loving this so far can't wait to see more. :heart:

Yeah...he couldn't resist himself.

Am totally loving this so far can't wait to see more. :innocent:

Here here! Any chance of House catching the cold, or is this strictly sick!Wilson only? Either's good, I just really LOVE sick!House...especially if he hides it to take care of Wilson...

Anyway, can't WAIT to see what happens next,

silentdreamer789

I'm not sure if House is going to catch this or not. As planned right now, it's just a Sick!Wilson story, but stories don't always go as planned. I think House may catch this from Wilson, but as planned right now, it'll just be shown at the end. But that does leave the possibility open for a sequal, which I think I like better. I'll decide when this story is done.

And both you guys have me blushing.

Anyway, here's part 4: (And it gets a bit emotional)

House jumped slightly as the phone next to him rang. Looking at the TV, he realized he must have dozed off while watching Wilson sleep, as he was now watching some show on fashion. Clearing his throat, he answered, the phone. “House.”

“It’s Cuddy. Why didn’t you answer your cell?”

House pulled the phone out of his pocket and turned it on. “Forgot to turn it back on after clinic hours. What do you want?”

“How’s Wilson doing?”

“He’s sleeping.” House took his cell phone and snapped a picture of Wilson, who had shifted from his stomach to his back and was lying there, mouth slightly open. Pressing the send button, he sent the picture to Cuddy’s cell phone. “Should I wake him for you?”

He heard Cuddy stifle a giggle as she received the picture on her cell phone. “House. No. Let him rest. And Be Nice to him. How is he?”

“He’s no fun.”

“He’s sick, House. You are taking time off to take care of him. This isn’t a vacation for him to entertain you. How is he?”

“He’s been coughing and sneezing, low grade fever; he says his head hurts, he’s tired, and he’s sick of blowing his nose. I don’t know how much he ate for breakfast, but he did clean the kitchen afterwards. It looks like he tried to read for a bit, but when I came home he was sleeping. Woke him up for lunch – he ate half a bowl of soup. Hold on. It looks like he’s going to sneeze again. Let’s see if it wakes him up. And if I can get a good picture”

“House –“ There was no response, but a few seconds later, her cell phone buzzed with another photo message from House of Wilson, face crinkled up as he was about to sneeze. “House!” A second message appeared of Wilson actually sneezing. “House!”

“And it woke him up.” House replied as she heard Wilson sneezing in the background.

“That was not nice.”

“Were they good pictures?”

“Where what good pictures?” Wilson saw the evil smirk on House’s face and was instantly suspicious.

“Put him on.” Cuddy ordered. “And get back to taking care of him, not tormenting him.”

House handed the phone to Wilson. “Cuddy.”

Wilson cleared his throat and took the phone. “Hello…like death…sleeping mostly…He’s What!” Wilson picked up his cell phone from the coffee table and looked at the text messages Cuddy had sent. “I’ll talk to you later, Cuddy. I’ll be back in as soon as I can…Fine, I’ll be out all week then. You’re sure everything is covered…Okay, have them call me if they have any questions. And now I have to kill House.” Pushing the button on the cordless to turn it off, he glared at House. “You were taking pictures of me!?!?”

“Cuddy wanted to know how you were doing. I thought I’d show here.”

“I asked…” He reached for more tissues. “You to leave me alone. Obviously, you couldn’t. Go…hihhshuhh, ihhrisshhh…uhrushehhh, uhsheshhh.” He paused to blow his nose. “Go back to work.”

“Nope. Cuddy said I get to stay home to take care of you. Unless my team calls and needs me, I’m here for you.”

“You can take care of me by leaving me alone. By letting me sleep and Not taking pictures of me while I’m sleeping, coughing or sneezing. Or anything else. God, I wish I were at home right now.”

“What, back to your cheating wife?”

“At least she left me alone when I was sick.”

“Or more correctly, she pushed you to go to work and to stay away from her so she wouldn’t catch anything. Anyway, she kicked you out. Like it or not, this is home.”

Wilson didn’t respond. Instead he picked up his pillows and blanket and rose off the couch. “Where are you going?”

Wilson stopped and glared at him. “Your room.”

House stood up. “Umm…how about no. You’re already spreading germs over most of my apartment, keep my bedroom out of it.”

“Then you go in there.”

“I’m watching…” He glanced at the TV. “What Not to Wear.”

“Then I’m going to lie down in your room. I’m taking my own pillow and blankets. If you can’t leave me alone, then you can let me have your bed.” Wilson snapped. “I knew coming here was a mistake.”

House sighed. And time for Emo Wilson to rear his head. He always got this way when he was sick. “Okay, okay, you can sleep in my bed.” House vainly hoped that would placate him so he’d go back to sleep.

“Why did this have to happen now? Now I’m stuck here instead of at my house in my bed. And you’re stuck takig care.” He stopped and pressed his arm up to his face. “Uhhsheshh, huhshehh…itscheshhh, isheshhuh…ihhtshschhh, tshcuhhh…ihhchushhh, chushhuhh.” Sniffling, he rubbed his nose and headed towards the bedroom.

“Bless.” House stuck the tissue box under his arm and grabbed Wilson’s glass of water. “Alright. Bedroom. I know it’s not yours, but it’ll have to do.” Following Wilson into the bedroom, he set the tissues and water down on the night table and pulled his pillows and blankets off the bed, throwing them into a corner.

“Can’t you ever pick anything up and put it away neatly?”

House pondered that for a minute. “Nope. Lay down.” He waited for Wilson to throw his pillows on the bed and lie down. As soon as Wilson was situated on the bed, he draped the blanket over him.

“I’m sorry you’re stuck taking care of me.” Wilson’s brown eyes brimmed with tears. “I’m sorry this had to happen now. I’m sorry my wife threw me out, and this was the only place I could think of to come. Why do I have to be sick now?”

“Wilson…” House sighed and sat down next to him. “You’re sick because you push yourself too hard, you’re stressed because of everything with your wife. And instead of dealing with things at home, you kept pushing yourself at work. And you’re upset and emotional because you’re sick.”

“I’m sorry.” Wilson sniffled, and House could feel his body shaking. Wilson always had at least one emotional, tear-filled day where he beat himself up over everything.

And this was the second time House had had to deal with it. “Wilson, please, don’t do this. You know I’m horrible at this.” He patted his shoulder awkwardly.

“I’m sorry, House. I’m sorry I had to get sick and be a burden to you. I’m sorry this didn’t happen before Julie kicked me out.”

“Wilson.” House sighed. “You need to sleep.” He felt Wilson’s body keep shaking. “I’ll be right back.” He stiffly got off the bed and hobbled to the bathroom returning a moment later. “Sit up, Jimmy.” He handed him a tissue. “Blow your nose.” He waited for Wilson to blow his nose. “Take these.” He handed Wilson two small pink pills and his water.

“What?” Wilson asked, still crying somewhat.

“Just take them. You need to sleep.”

It took a minute for Wilson to recognize the pills. “Benadryl?” he snuffled, swallowing them.

“It’ll make you sleep. That’s all it ever does for you. And you need sleep.” He recovered Wilson with the blanket. Wilson curled up and buried his face in the pillow, still crying softly.

“You’re not a burden.” He patted Wilson’s shoulder again. “And I am no good at this.” He sat there for awhile, trying to comfort his friend until he felt Wilson’s body stop shaking with silent tears and felt his breathing relax into deep breaths indicating that he was asleep again, and sleep, even a drug induced one, was exactly what Wilson would need.

Hobbling back into the living room, he settled down in front of the TV to await Cuddy calling again.

A/N: I figured that if he was sick, that would be when Wilson would have the hardest time controlling his emotions. And with everything he's going through, he probably did need to just lose it for a few seconds. I don't really like the fact that House gave him stuff to make him sleep, but I get the feeling that that wouldn most likely be House's way of dealing with it as He's not the comforting type.

*grins*

The pics- LOL!! Too funny.... I can picture Cuddy going, " :blush: "

“Then I’m going to lie down in your room. I’m taking my own pillow and blankets. If you can’t leave me alone, then you can let me have your bed.” Wilson snapped. “I knew coming here was a mistake.”

House sighed. And time for Emo Wilson to rear his head. He always got this way when he was sick. “Okay, okay, you can sleep in my bed.” House vainly hoped that would placate him so he’d go back to sleep.

Awww!! I could see that- I could picture Jimmy getting all peevish and such with House and House trying to placate him to just stop the whining. lol!!

And yeah.... House would definately rather "dose" Wilson than do something like reading him a story or something to help him sleep. It made me feel sorry for Wilson though- since I'd generally think that Wilson would only go for the Benedryl induced sleep if he was feeling Really crappy- which it sounds like he is.

Awwww!!! Looking forward to more. :twisted:

Yay! Very House. And I will love you for ever if you do a sequel with House catching it but being stubborn about accepting care. Or just a sequel at all, actually. Or just the next chapter of this. It's soooooooo good!!!! :innocent:

silentdeamer789

Woahhhh this is SO good, thanks! Have sat at home all day having a House marathon and this is so nicely written and in character that I could hear all the voices and picture each scene perfectly! But I have to agree that I'd looove House to get sick too ;0)

*grins*

The pics- LOL!! Too funny.... I can picture Cuddy going, " :rolleyes: "

"Then I'm going to lie down in your room. I'm taking my own pillow and blankets. If you can't leave me alone, then you can let me have your bed." Wilson snapped. "I knew coming here was a mistake."

House sighed. And time for Emo Wilson to rear his head. He always got this way when he was sick. "Okay, okay, you can sleep in my bed." House vainly hoped that would placate him so he'd go back to sleep.

Awww!! I could see that- I could picture Jimmy getting all peevish and such with House and House trying to placate him to just stop the whining. lol!!

And yeah.... House would definately rather "dose" Wilson than do something like reading him a story or something to help him sleep. It made me feel sorry for Wilson though- since I'd generally think that Wilson would only go for the Benedryl induced sleep if he was feeling Really crappy- which it sounds like he is.

Awwww!!! Looking forward to more. :D

House just couldn't leave Wilson alone. Cuddy was most likely torn between wanting to laugh and wanting to take care of Wilson. At least it gives her an idea of how she is. But yeah - House probably shouldn't have a camera phone.

And this story needed some emo!Wilson; you know he has to feel sorry for himself sometimes.

With the benadryl, yeah, as much as I dislike the idea personally, it was a House thing. I can't see him sitting there, patting Wilson's arm and rubbing his back and telling him not to cry and that it's gonna be ok. Just Not House. He is Not the warm and fuzzy comforter guy. And yeah, Wilson's at the point where he wants to sleep.

Silentdreamer - you've just given me the plot bunny for the sequel: thinking something along the lines of House does catch this, but wants to hide it from Wilson because Wilson's not totally better yet and he doesn't want him to feel guilty. And it would be set immediately after this one.

Estrelleta: Thanks for the feedback. House getting sick is unclear as to when and where, but it'll happen to set things up for the sequel. Otherwise, this is just Wilson.

And now for Part 5:

House found a movie on the television and dozed off watching it. The apartment was silent for a few hours, except for the low volume of the TV program and Wilson’s congested snores, of course. House woke up when he sensed someone moving about the living room. He opened his eyes to see Wilson in the far corner where he stored some of his clothing.

"Why aren't you in bed?" He asked.

"I got cold, thought I'd get a sweatshirt." Wilson pulled a gray sweatshirt out a box and shrugged into it.

"Fever's going up. I'm going to get your temperature now." He slowly rose and walked stiffly to the bathroom, leg protesting the whole way. Due to his unplanned nap, he'd missed the time for his Vicodin. Returning to the living room with the thermometer, he handed it to Wilson who was now sitting on the couch. Pulling his Vicodin from his pocket, he downed a few and looked expectantly at Wilson.

Wilson sighed, sticking the thermometer in his mouth. Fortunately, House was impatient and had one of the newer, faster thermometers instead of a 3-minute mercury one, and it beeped slightly less than a minute later. He took at look at it as he pulled it out of his mouth. "100.1°"

House frowned slightly. "And you've got acetaminophen in your system."

"I do?"

"There was some in the cold medicine I gave you at lunch."

"And that was how long ago?"

House looked at his watch. "About 5 hours. I guess it is time for you to take some more." Grateful the Vicodin had started to kick in, he went back to the kitchen, coming back with more pills and a fresh glass of orange juice as well as another box of tissues under his arm, figuring it'd be easier to keep a box here and a box in the bedroom rather than force Wilson to remember to carry them back and forth.

Wilson had grabbed his blanket and was now bundled up on the couch. "Thank you." He said thickly, taking the pills and juice from House. House opened the box of tissues and set them on the table. "I've got an open box in the bedroom."

"I know that." House flopped back down in the armchair. "But I figured this way you wouldn't have to remember to carry them with you. Or try to make me go get them when you forget them in whatever room you're not in. Just me and my misguided attempts to make your life easier."

"House, please."

House looked at Wilson and saw the fatigue and weariness on his face. And remembering how he had felt to see Wilson crying earlier, he decided now was not the best time to bait him. Perhaps in a couple days, he'd be able to have a bit more fun, but a moody Wilson never meant a good time. "Hungry?"

"I should eat something." Wilson shrugged.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not really." Wilson sighed, suddenly grateful that House had had the foresight to bring another box of tissues into the living room. Reaching for several, he looked at House apologetically. "Sorry. Hold ond." House waited while Wilson pressed the tissues to his nose and froze in anticipation. "[i[Huhhrcheshh, cheshhuhhh...uhhchushhhh, hitchushhh." He blew his nose and winced at the sound and the soreness in his nostrils. "I'mb not really hungry, but I should have something to eat."

"You're not nauseous at all, are you?"

"No. My stomach is fine. Just not very hungry."

"Is there anything you feel like eating?" Wilson shook his head, coughing. "Soup, jell-0, pizza, Chinese, peanut butter sandwich, ice-cream, sushi?"

Wilson had to stifle a giggle at the last one. "House, I don't even want sushi when I'm not sick. Although," He raised his eyebrows hopefully, "ice cream sounds really good."

"It's not the best thing for dinner, but you Do need to eat." He walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer. "Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, Rocky Road, or Butter Pecan?"

"Strawberry." Wilson walked into the kitchen. "No wait, Mint Chocolate Chip. No, I can't decide...a little of both."

Making a face at the combination, House put a small scoop of each in a bowl and set it on the table for Wilson, then set about making a sandwich for himself. "You know I'm not going to let you do this every night while you're sick." He reminded.

"I know."

"I'm only doing it so I can tell Cuddy you ate when she asks."

"I kn-" Wilson brought his wrist up to his nose and turned away. "Hihhtschhh, ihhtschhh...uhhschhhh, ihhtschhh." He took the paper towel that House pressed into his free hand. "Ihhtxxt, Hhihhnxxt..."

"Stop stifling." House ordered.

Wilson shot him a quick, sneezy glare. "Hihhtrushhh, herushhhuhhh...uhhshushhh, ruhhshehhhshhh...huhruhhshoo, uhh-uhhrushhoooo."

"Bless." He grabbed the last unopened box of tissues from the table, thanking God he had had the foresight to buy the three-pack of Kleenex, and tossed it to Wilson.

Depositing the paper towel in the trash, Wilson opened the tissues and tried his best to clear his nose out.

"You know that you always sneeze more when you try not to. And you realize that if you keep trying to hold them back, you'll probably wind up sneezing your nose off."

"Okay, sneezing your nose off is most likely a medical impossibility. I'm sure it's possible but most likely not probable."

House sat down across from him with his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Eat your ice cream so you can go back to bed."

"You mean back to the couch where you can pick on me while I'm sleeping. Just for my own knowledge, how many people did you send the pictures of me sneezing to?"

"Cuddy, and Cuddy, and, oh yeah, Cuddy. You want to watch a movie? Or would you rather just sleep?"

"If you're going to watch a movie, then I might as well watch it too. It's going to be on while I'm falling asleep anyway."

"You're not sleeping on the couch tonight."

Wilson looked confused. "Then where am I sleeping? Kicking me out because I'm sick. My germs are already all over the apartment anyway. Besides, If you get this, it'll be the first time in years we've passed anything between us."

"I looked in on you a few times while you were sleeping earlier. You slept better in the bed than you did on the couch. Maybe it was from the diphenhydramine, maybe it's because the bed's more comfortable...I don't know. But tonight, and Only tonight, you're taking the bed. My leg can't handle more than a night on the couch."

"Are you sure?" Wilson asked cautiously.

House sighed. "Yeah. Did you want to watch a movie? You can curl up on the couch for that."

"Umm, sure. And you're sure about this bed thing? I don't to put you out."

"Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't have told you you can have my bed if I didn't mean it. Vertigo?"

"I'm not dizzy...did I look dizzy?"

"I meant the movie. You wanna watch Vertigo?"

"Sure." Wilson coughed, finishing his ice cream.

"Go get your pillows and blanket and get comfy on the couch. I'll make you some more tea."

Wilson nodded. "I should do the dishes."

"The dishes can wait."

"The bowl had ice cream in it. You can't just let it sit."

House took the bowl to the sink and rinsed it out. "You rinse them...see no more ice cream." He set the bowl and his plate in the sink. "And then they can wait until tomorrow. You, couch."

Wilson went back into the bedroom and carried his things into the living room to make up the couch. A few minutes later, House came into the living room bearing a fresh mug of tea for Wilson and a beer tucked under his arm for himself. Setting everything on the coffee table, he slipped the Hitchcock DVD into the machine and started it.

"Thank you." Wilson sniffled, picking up the tea.

"How's your throat?"

"Sore." Wilson situated himself on the couch to watch the movie.

"Anything changed since earlier?"

Wilson shook his head, coughing again.

"Used your inhalator since lunch?" Wilson shook his head. "Use it again." He gestured to the coffee table where it lay. "It helped with the coughing which'll help with your throat, and it could keep this from turning into bronchitis or pneumonia if we keep inflammation out of your lungs." He waited while Wilson used the inhalator. "And it's 7:00. You can have some Ny-quil around 10:30 since you took the pills at 6:30."

"Sounds good." Wilson pressed his head against his the pillow and settled back to enjoy the movie.

House spent the time half watching the movie, half watching Wilson, smiling as he nodded off barely half an hour into the movie. When the movie was over, House flipped through the channels until he found a program that managed to capture his attention.

Around a quarter to 11, he gently shook Wilson to wake him up. "Hey, Jimmy, it's time for you to get up and go to bed."

Wilson looked groggily at House. "What tibe is it?"

"Getting close to 11. C'mon, let's get you to bed. You're going to need to give me a hand bring my stuff out here."

"Already did." Wilson gestured to the blankets and pillows that were sitting in the corner.

House gave a wry grin as Wilson vacated his sofa. "I'll be in in a minute." He told him. "Grab you a fresh bottle of water and some Ny-quil."

Coughing again, Wilson nodded, walking towards the bedroom. He once again made up the bed and settled into it. House came in, setting the water on the nightstand and handing him a small dosage cup with green liquid. Wilson downed the shot of cold medicine, making a face at the taste. "I know it's nasty, but if it tastes good, it doesn't work.” After making sure the tissues and water were within Wilson's reach, he hobbled to the door and switched off the light.

I'm enjoying this story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

And I, too, wouldn't mind too much is House caught it next.

Squeeeee!!!! *big happy grin* You had House offer to pop in "Vertigo" That is too cute.

And Wilson not sure about type of ice cream to have- that was cute.

Umm, sure. And you’re sure about this bed thing? I don’t to put you out.”

“Of course I’m sure. I wouldn’t told you you can have my bed if I didn’t mean it. Vertigo?”

“I’m not dizzy…did I look dizzy?”

“I meant the movie. You wanna watch Vertigo?”

“Sure.” Wilson coughed, finishing his ice cream.

And

Wilson nodded. “I should do the dishes.”

“The dishes can wait.”

“The bowl had ice cream in it. You can’t just let it sit.”

House took the bowl to the sink and rinsed it out. “You rinse them…see no more ice cream.” He set the bowl and his plate in the sink. “And then they can wait until tomorrow. You, couch.”

were my favourite parts. Will be happy to see more. :drool: :drool:

Squeeeee!!!! *big happy grin* You had House offer to pop in "Vertigo" That is too cute.

And Wilson not sure about type of ice cream to have- that was cute.

Umm, sure. And you’re sure about this bed thing? I don’t to put you out.”

“Of course I’m sure. I wouldn’t told you you can have my bed if I didn’t mean it. Vertigo?”

“I’m not dizzy…did I look dizzy?”

“I meant the movie. You wanna watch Vertigo?”

“Sure.” Wilson coughed, finishing his ice cream.

And

Wilson nodded. “I should do the dishes.”

“The dishes can wait.”

“The bowl had ice cream in it. You can’t just let it sit.”

House took the bowl to the sink and rinsed it out. “You rinse them…see no more ice cream.” He set the bowl and his plate in the sink. “And then they can wait until tomorrow. You, couch.”

were my favourite parts. Will be happy to see more. :drool: :drool:

That is from Chapter 3 of House's Handy Guide to Housekeeping. "Just rinse the dishes out...you can wait for days to wash them."

What can I say? Horror movies (especially classic suspenseful horror) are great when you're sick. And Had to have a Hitchcock reference. Vertigo...offers a bit more humor than say...Psycho.

More is coming.

Vertigo is definately a classy, suspenseful, romantic movie- just the type of thing that Jimmy would watch... plus it just made me think of his office with the huge poster. hehehe...

"House's Handy Guide to Housekeeping" :drool: I like that. It could also be "House's Handy guide to House-keeping" written for Cuddy and Wilson. Sorry... up too late am now goofy. :drool:

Silentdreamer - you've just given me the plot bunny for the sequel: thinking something along the lines of House does catch this, but wants to hide it from Wilson because Wilson's not totally better yet and he doesn't want him to feel guilty. And it would be set immediately after this one.

WoooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I shall worship at your feet. Seriously. Also, loved this chapter. You get both characters really well.

silentdreamer789

The characterisation in this is fantastic. Can't beat a good Housefic I say! I look forward to reading the rest. :)

"House's Handy Guide to Housekeeping" :lol: I like that. It could also be "House's Handy guide to House-keeping" written for Cuddy and Wilson. Sorry... up too late am now goofy. :blushing:

House's Handy Guide to House-keeping is a seperate book. Chapter 1: Keep writing those Vicodin Scripts, Jimmy.

Chapter 2: Cuddy, it's going to save the patient, just let me do it.

Getting here late, tired, and stupid. Um..."love it!!!!"? :blush:

Abyssinia,

Barrie

Archived