Sneeze Fetish Forum

Unexpected Comfort - (35 Parts)

aggedy_ann

Just finished reading this and all I can say is guhhh! :drool:

I don't actually watch House, but from the one episode that I watched before switching to Heroes, you've nailed the characters.

FYI, when a person uses an inhaler with a cold, the medicine loosens up the gunk in the chest--hence, coughing. So it doesn't just ease the pain--it forces you to cough up stuff until there's nothing left to cough. For 5 minutes. Oh, and if you are luck *notice the sarcasm* you get this lovely bitter-enough-to-make-you-gag taste on your tongue.

Can you tell that I use an inhaler????

Good work!

-LGR

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished reading this and all I can say is guhhh! :winkkiss:

I don't actually watch House, but from the one episode that I watched before switching to Heroes, you've nailed the characters.

FYI, when a person uses an inhaler with a cold, the medicine loosens up the gunk in the chest--hence, coughing. So it doesn't just ease the pain--it forces you to cough up stuff until there's nothing left to cough. For 5 minutes. Oh, and if you are luck *notice the sarcasm* you get this lovely bitter-enough-to-make-you-gag taste on your tongue.

Can you tell that I use an inhaler????

Good work!

-LGR

I have had that happen when I've had stuff in my chest to cough up, but on other occasions when my lungs are just irritated from being sick, my inhalator just works at making my chest less tight without a lot of coughing. That's what happens to me most often, where it's just irritation and inflammation rather than anything sitting in my lungs. But if I'm not careful, then I'll wind up with gunk sitting in my chest.

I think it depends on where you are in terms of getting the cold. If I wait until I've needed it for a couple days, then I'm coughing up gunk like you said, but when I use it when I first get sick and can tell my breathing isn't where it should be, then it just improves my breathing.

I think we're both right here.

Thanks for hte feedback.

This is just too marvellous! So funny, so sneezy. The references are hilarious, and the characters are spot on, down to the obsessive diagnosing and bickering. The photo scene is severely erotic; has this ever been done before, and if not why not?

It looks as if there's going to have to be a separate subforum for Housefics soon, and to show my incipient fangirldom, may I just remark that in Series I episode 9 it is clearly indicated that House only calls Wilson Jimmy sarcastically, to make fun of the pally attitude of others. However, even House could scarcely resist "Jammies, Jimmy".....

This is just too marvellous! So funny, so sneezy. The references are hilarious, and the characters are spot on, down to the obsessive diagnosing and bickering. The photo scene is severely erotic; has this ever been done before, and if not why not?

It looks as if there's going to have to be a separate subforum for Housefics soon, and to show my incipient fangirldom, may I just remark that in Series I episode 9 it is clearly indicated that House only calls Wilson Jimmy sarcastically, to make fun of the pally attitude of others. However, even House could scarcely resist "Jammies, Jimmy".....

I don't know why the photo thing hasn't been done before; isn't that what camera phones were made for? :laugh:

"Jammies, Jimmy." had to be in there (although I can't picture House using the word Jammies unless he's being a bit condescending.)

He does call Wilson Jimmy in episode 11 on Season 2, but he's in a *really* good mood that day (showed up for work early and everything) and in the one with the baseball player, Wilson wants the card signed "To Jimmy." I think using his first name is only something House can really do when they are alone together and in a situation like this. Otherwise, must keep up 'prickly I hate everything" demeanor.

Wow. Wilson and House are my favorite pairing at this moment. And I love this story. Thanks so much for writing!

-QS

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

A/N: So far, Wilson has not been revealed to wear glasses on the show, but seeing as how RSL does, for my intents and purposes, Wilson wears contacts when he's at the hospital.

Next installment:

It took House a few minutes to remember where he was when he woke the next morning. It’d been quite awhile since he had spent the night on his couch, especially since it had been occupied by Wilson for the past 2 weeks. Popping a couple Vicodin, he slowly and quietly limped to the bedroom for a change of clothes. Wilson was still sound asleep, blanket twisted around him. Grabbing clean clothes, he headed for the bathroom to get ready for work. Deciding to stop off on the way to work for bagels and a cup of coffee, he scrawled out a note for Wilson and left it on the table next to the cold pills.

Wilson woke a few hours later with a pounding headache. His eyes widened when he looked at the clock; apparently this cold had knocked his internal clock out of whack.

He prepared to rush for the phone to tell Cuddy he’d be in as soon as he could when he remembered House and Cuddy were making him take the week off. Pulling a tissue from the box beside the bed, he blew his nose in a vain attempt to relieve the congestion. Blinking, he realized that his contacts needed to come out, so he dragged himself out of House’s bed and into the bathroom. After taking out his contacts, showering, and all that other getting ready stuff, minus shaving and hair styling, he headed for the kitchen to grab some juice to was down some cold medicine and a couple aspirins with.

He saw the box of cold pills on the table and noticed the note underneath.

Wilson-

Didn’t want to wake you when I left this morning. I’ll be back around 1:30 again. There’s leftover soup in the fridge. Leave the dishes – I WILL DO THEM AFTER DINNER! Call me if you need anything, and I expect you to spend the day resting either in bed or on the couch. No cleaning, no research, no sneaking into the office. Rest and fluids…Doctor’s Orders.

House

Taking out two of the pills, he downed them with a glass of water before heading to get his pillows and blanket from the bedroom. Remaking his bed on the couch, he curled up there, picking up the remote and channel surfing until he found an old movie on TV, falling asleep halfway through.

Wilson awoke with a start when he heard the front door bang shut. Raising his head, he looked at House as the older man came in. Snuggling back against the pillow, he slid his glasses back on as House sat down in the armchair.

“Took your contacts out.”

“They were dried out after sleeping in them. Besides, I’m sleeping all the time and not going anywhere anyways.”

“I noticed…didn’t even bother to shave. Letting yourself go with this cold.”

“Shut up. When was the last time you shaved anyway?”

“How are you feeling? I’m supposed to call Cuddy and let her know.”

“Same as yesterday, what do you think.”

House fixed him with a look. “Fever?”

“Probably.” He sighed when he caught House’s glare. “I went back to sleep after my shower. I haven’t taken my temp. I woke up around 10:30, took the cold pills and was back asleep by 11.”

House picked the thermometer up off the table and handed it to him. “Take it.”

His face going blank again, Wilson instead reached for the tissues. “Hold…hhhtshchushh, huhchushhh…uhshooo, uhhreshhh.” Blowing his nose, he took the thermometer from House and stuck it in his mouth. “It’s 100.4°.” He reported dutifully.

“It’s gone up since yesterday. What time did you take the cold medicine?”

“Around 10:30. What time is it?”

“It’s after 2. I would have been home sooner but got held up in the clinic. I think you should take some more cold pills. And have some soup.”

“Still not hungry.”

“Still don’t care. I need to tell Cuddy you ate. And you’re not getting ice cream again unless you eat some real food.”

Knowing that it was pointless to argue, Wilson sat up on the couch wrapping his blanket around himself. “Fine. I’ll eat.” He grabbed the remote and started flipping through the channels.

“And I’m supposed to bring it to you again.”

“I’m sick; you’re making me eat. Works for me. You’d make me do it if it was you.”

Rolling his eyes, House limped into the kitchen to heat up the soup for Wilson. “Tea?” He yelled from the kitchen.

“Sure.” Wilson called back, being rewarded for straining his voice with a brief coughing fit. Taking a drink out of his water bottle, he sighed, leaning back against the couch. This was day two of his cold, and he was already wishing it was over. Well, actually, he had started wishing that on day one. Shivering slightly, he reached for the sweatshirt he had discarded earlier and slipped in on and wrapped the blanket tighter around himself. Oh well, he figured, even if he wasn’t hungry, the soup and tea would warm him up.

House came back a few minutes later with the bowl of soup. “I’ll be back with the tea in a minute; any thing else?”

Wilson shook his head. “I’ve got water, cough drops and tissues. Don’t think I need anything else.”

House came back with a Mountain Dew under his arm and the tea in his free hand. He fished the cold pills out of his pocket and tossed them at Wilson. “Take those and eat.” He ordered.

“Yes, doctor.” Wilson rolled his eyes, swallowing the pills and picking up the bowl of soup. “I’m not going to finish this, you know. You didn’t have to give me so much.”

“Eat what you can.” House fixed another look on him, snapping back the tab on his Mountain Dew and using it to wash down a couple Vicodin. “You need to get better and come back to work; I’m sick of having to pay for my own lunch.”

“So that’s why you’re taking such good care of me; you just want me there for you to steal food from.” He handed House his spoon. “Here, you can steal my soup.”

“Nope. That’s got your cold germs on it. I can get non-contaminated soup out of the fridge. Eat up.”

Wilson rolled his eyes, taking another spoonful of soup. Again, he finished about half the bowl before putting it aside. House frowned as he surveyed the amount left in the bowl. “Seriously, not hungry. Not going to force it.”

“What am I supposed to tell Cuddy?”

“That I ate. You don’t’ have to give her details. Huhrushhh, uhshuhh…uhrhshoo, huhruhshhooo.” He sneezed into a hastily grabbed tissue and sighed, pushing his glasses back up on his nose.

“Did you finish your tea?” Wilson nodded. “Go back to sleep.”

“What tricks are you planning to pull on me this time?”

House sighed. “None. I guess, since you’ll just cry again.”

“Is there a time limit on how long you can act like a normal human being?”

“Umm…yeah. I think so.” Rolling his eyes again, Wilson rolled over on the couch and pulled the blanket over his head. “I’ll look you over again when you wake up.” House informed him and smiled slightly when Wilson’s grunt indicated he’d heard

Great chapter. Caring House is sooooooooo hot! Particularly loved the ending. Looking forward to the next chapter already...

silentdreamer789

Grrr... I Swear that computer is eating my responses sometimes. Ok... well... that just gives me a chance to re-read. Mwahahaha!

Ok... firstly- RSL with glasses= HOT so any excuse to contemplate Wilson with glasses- is in my opinion, a good one. :winkkiss:

“Eat what you can.” House fixed another look on him, snapping back the tab on his Mountain Dew and using it to wash down a couple Vicodin. “You need to get better and come back to work; I’m sick of having to pay for my own lunch.”

“So that’s why you’re taking such good care of me; you just want me there for you to steal food from.” He handed House his spoon. “Here, you can steal my soup.”

“Nope. That’s got your cold germs on it. I can get non-contaminated soup out of the fridge. Eat up.”

Wilson rolled his eyes, taking another spoonful of soup. Again, he finished about half the bowl before putting it aside. House frowned as he surveyed the amount left in the bowl. “Seriously, not hungry. Not going to force it.”

“What am I supposed to tell Cuddy?”

“That I ate. You don’t’ have to give her details. Huhrushhh, uhshuhh…uhrhshoo, huhruhshhooo.” He sneezed into a hastily grabbed tissue and sighed, pushing his glasses back up on his nose.

TOOOO cute. Firstly Mt. Dew and Vicodin... that cracked me up and I could just totally see that.

And would St. Gregory House steal food from his best bud?? :shy: hehehe.... And Wilson is too funny... he So would just offer it up without stopping to think.

Oh... and I evidently somehow missed the whole thing with him pushing his glasses back up. AWWWWWWW!!!!! *Melts into a total puddle o' goo* Ok... yes I know that I am a dope... but that is just beyond cuteness.

Huhrushhh, uhshuhh…uhrhshoo, huhruhshhooo.” He sneezed into a hastily grabbed tissue and sighed, pushing his glasses back up on his nose.

Ooooh!

Sneezing and sighing wearily mmmmmmmmmm........ :blink:

Great chapter. Caring House is sooooooooo hot! Particularly loved the ending. Looking forward to the next chapter already...

silentdreamer789

He is being a bit caring, isn't he. But he does have ulterior motives, I think.

Grrr... I Swear that computer is eating my responses sometimes. Ok... well... that just gives me a chance to re-read. Mwahahaha!

Ok... firstly- RSL with glasses= HOT so any excuse to contemplate Wilson with glasses- is in my opinion, a good one. :drool:

TOOOO cute. Firstly Mt. Dew and Vicodin... that cracked me up and I could just totally see that.

And would St. Gregory House steal food from his best bud?? :drool: hehehe.... And Wilson is too funny... he So would just offer it up without stopping to think.

Oh... and I evidently somehow missed the whole thing with him pushing his glasses back up. AWWWWWWW!!!!! *Melts into a total puddle o' goo* Ok... yes I know that I am a dope... but that is just beyond cuteness.

I love him in glasses....he needs to wear them on the show, like when he's doing lab work or x-rays or something like Cameron does. Seriously, I need to make a list and send it in to TPTB lol.

I had originally written beer for Mt. Dew, and then was like, umm...wait, it's 2 in the afternoon on a workday. Figured Dew would fit him...think House likes his caffiene.

Ooooh!

Sneezing and sighing wearily mmmmmmmmmm........ :)

Wilson is a bit tired of being sick. But he must deal with it....evil laugh that I am really no good at inserted here.

And on to the next segment (I've lost count lol)

House sat in the armchair, deciding to use the time to catch up on his subscription to “The New Yankee Workshop.” He’d managed to get a few weeks behind in his viewing schedule after having been distracted his recent O.C. marathon. He was just getting into it when the phone rang. Grabbing it right away so it wouldn’t deserve Wilson. “House.”

“It’s Cuddy. How is he today?”

“Fever’s up. He ate about half a bowl of soup again and went back to sleep. I told him I’d look him over when he woke up. He’s still whiny and convinced I’m going to play pranks on him.”

“Gee…I wonder where he’d get that idea. How high is his fever?”

“100.4. It was 100.1 yesterday.”

“Anything else different?”

“Not really. He’s not that hungry; he’s still coughing and sneezing. He’s sleeping a lot. It doesn’t look like he tried to do anything today.” House answered.

“Is he sleeping now?”

“Yes. That is why I answered on the first ring. Didn’t want to wake him up. ‘Course his snoring is getting on my nerves.”

“House, his nose is stuffed up; he’s just trying to breath. He can’t help it. Call me when he wakes up and after you examine him if it’s before 6. Do I have to remind you to be nice again?”

“No. He gets all weepy when I pick on him, so I’ll leave him alone.”

“House!” Cuddy seemed ready to yell at him. “Just get him better, okay. I’ll talk to you later.”

House sighed as he hung up the phone with Cuddy. Apparently she wasn’t going to be any fun either, all concerned about Wilson and such. Leaning back in the chair, he continued to keep one eye on Wilson and one eye on his program. As usually happened, when House managed to actually remain in one place long enough, he dozed off again, his light snores mixing with Wilson’s deeper congested ones.

Again it was Wilson who woke him, this time when the younger man began coughing. He passed the half-empty can of Dew over to him and watched as Wilson took a long sip. “Thanks.” He whispered raspily.

“You ok?”

“Fi-“ He stopped to clear his throat. “Fine.” He finished in a more normal tone of voice. “What time is it?”

House checked his watch. “5:28. You’ve been asleep for a couple hours.”

“Oh.” Wilson seemed disappointed to hear this. “I was hoping it was time for more cold medicine…hihhcheshhh, cheshhihhh…ihhhruschhh, herrchushhh.”

“Feeling worse?” He gave a pointed glance towards the thermometer.”

“A little.” Wilson caught the meaning of House’s look and picked up the thermometer, sticking it in his mouth.

“I’ll look over when that’s done.” He waited for Wilson to pull the thermometer out of his mouth and look at it. “What is it now?”

“100.6°”

“Any new symptoms since yesterday? Throat still hurt?”

Wilson shook his head. “My ear hurts now. And my head is killing me.”

House crossed over to the sofa, placing his stethoscope and otoscope on the table. “Let me know if you need to sneeze.”

Wilson nodded as House put the earpieces of the stethoscope in his ears. “Hold on.” He reached for the tissues and held them in front of his face. “I have to sneeze; it just won’t come out.” House nodded, picking up the otoscope. Flipping it on, he directly shone it into Wilson’s eyes for a few seconds. Wilson’s eyes squinted as his pupils dilated. “House…wha…ahhrishhh, rishhhehhh…uuhhruhhshooo, huuhshoo…huhh-uhhshooo, ruhhshooo…arhhshehh, huhhshheshhhh.” After blowing his nose forcefully, he deposited the tissues in the wastebasket. “Thaks.” He sniffled.

“No problem.” House placed the stethoscope on Wilson’s chest. “Breathe…breathing is better. You’re barely wheezing at all. Using your inhalator?”

“Not since this morning. My chest was a bit tight when I woke up.”

“Breathing is good now, but if you think you need it, keep using it.” Picking the otoscope up again, he looked at Wilson. “Which ear is worse?”

“Left.”

House nodded, looking at the right ear first, then switching to the left. “Congratulations, James Evan Wilson. You are the winner of a lovely case of Otis Media. I’ll call Cuddy and see if she’ll get you some antibiotics and drop them off on her way home. Any preferences?” Wilson shook his head, reaching for House’s Mountain Dew again. “Hey!”

“It’s already been contaminated with my cold germs.” Wilson helpfully pointed out.

“Keep it.” House grumbled. “What was I thinking when I passed it to you?”

“That your friend was coughing and needed something to drink.” Wilson suggested, reaching for more tissues. “Ihhrsheshhhh, uhhsheshhh…huuuhreshhhuhh, uhrshhahhh.”

“Bless. And that was a rhetorical question, meaning it did not need an answer.” He picked up the phone and dialed Cuddy’s office number. “It’s House…He’s got an ear infection; can you write up a scrip for Augmentin, 500 mg, 10 days, and pick it up for him and drop it off here?…Thank you.” Hanging up the phone, he turned to Wilson. “She’ll be here in about half an hour with the antibiotics in case you want to primp for her.”

Wilson’s only response was to give House the finger before slowly getting up and walking to the kitchen. House sighed, grabbing his cane and following the younger man. “You cannot take any more cold medicine for a few more hours.” He reminded him.

“I know.” Wilson snapped. “I was getting some more water.”

“How bad is your headache? Do you want some ibuprofen? Vicodin?” He forced a neutral expression on his face. It looked like Emo Wilson was gone, and it was now time for Crabby, Irritable Wilson.

Wilson opened the cabinet above the sink and pulled out a bottle of aspirin. “I’ve got it.” He shook out two tablets and swallowed them.

“Ready for dinner?”

“Not hungry.” He walked past House to go back to the couch.

“Don’t care. What do you want for dinner?”

“Nothing.” Wilson sank back down on the couch and pulled the blanket up around him.

Grumbling, House limped back into the living room. “What do you want for dinner?”

“I said I wasn’t hungry.”

“You need to eat. More soup? Ice cream if you eat it before Cuddy gets here?”

Wilson didn’t respond, only took one of his pillows and placed it over his head.

House sighed, sitting back in the armchair. “What’s wrong now? Do you want me to apologize for asking if you wanted to primp for Cuddy?”

“Just leave me alone, House. My head hurts, and my ears hurt. Can’t I just sleep?”

“Will you eat later if I let you sleep now?”

“Will you leave me alone if I say yes?”

“Are you saying yes?”

“If I can go and sleep in your bed again, then I’m saying yes.”

House paused. “You can nap there now. But you can’t have it tonight. My leg can’t handle another night on the couch.”

“Fine. I’ll eat later then.” He picked up his blanket and pillows and headed down the hall to House’s bedroom.

Awww!!! Cuddy's coming. This should be fun. Poor Wilson *suppresses an evil grin*

Hanging up the phone, he turned to Wilson. “She’ll be here in about half an hour with the antibiotics in case you want to primp for her.”

Wilson’s only response was to give House the finger before slowly getting up and walking to the kitchen. House sighed, grabbing his cane and following the younger man. “You cannot take any more cold medicine for a few more hours.” He reminded him.

“I know.” Wilson snapped. “I was getting some more water.”

“How bad is your headache? Do you want some ibuprofen? Vicodin?” He forced a neutral expression on his face. It looked like Emo Wilson was gone, and it was now time for Crabby, Irritable Wilson

*tsk, tsks to Wilson* "Oh come now- like you don't have an innate inner preener? I don't buy it." lol!

Can I just say that the different versions of Wilson- too cute. I mean it is totally all him- but Emo Wilson- Crabby, Irritable Wilson... just too cute.

I will shyly admit that I have never watched House :drool: , but I tell you, I may just have to now!

brigidmn, your writing is amazing!! The dialogue is so sharp and so real, and of course caring/comforting gets me every time. :hug: And I love the humor, too.

Poor Wilson with his ear infection now, too! :) I hate those. Hope he'll be on the mend soon. :drool:

Thanks for a great story, looking forward to more!

Can I just say that the different versions of Wilson- too cute. I mean it is totally all him- but Emo Wilson- Crabby, Irritable Wilson... just too cute.

I'll second that! Loved this chapter, as usual. Some great sneezing. Looking forward to Cuddy getting there...

silentdreamer789

Awww!!! Cuddy's coming. This should be fun. Poor Wilson *suppresses an evil grin*

*tsk, tsks to Wilson* "Oh come now- like you don't have an innate inner preener? I don't buy it." lol!

I'm actually amazed that he didn't want to get up and at least shave for Cuddy. He must be miserable. And there's going to be a third side of Wilson making a brief appearance.

I will shyly admit that I have never watched House :omg: , but I tell you, I may just have to now!

brigidmn, your writing is amazing!! The dialogue is so sharp and so real, and of course caring/comforting gets me every time. :hug: And I love the humor, too.

Poor Wilson with his ear infection now, too! :drool: I hate those. Hope he'll be on the mend soon. :omg:

Thanks for a great story, looking forward to more!

Jules - first off, welcome to the forum, and yes, you must check the show out. Thanks for the compliments and feedback.

Thanks Ickydogg and Silentdreamer...you guys are all so good at making me blush :omg:

And for some more:

House ran his hands through his hair as there was a knock on his door. He made his way over it and opened it to reveal Cuddy standing there with the antibiotics.

“Planning to invite me in? I’d like to see Wilson.”

House stepped aside to let her in, taking the antibiotics from her and walking towards the kitchen. Cuddy surveyed the apartment, looking, presumably, for signs of Wilson. “Where is he? House, what did you do with him?”

“Relax, Cuddy.” House finished filling a glass with water. “He’s in the bedroom. He’s all grouchy now.”

“House. He’s got a cold and an ear infection; he most likely feels awful. Of course he’s not in the best mood. Lay off him. You’re certainly no picnic when you’re sick. Or even when your hay fever is acting up. When you’re miserable, you have to make everyone else miserable. At least Wilson prefers to be left alone and not inflict his misery on everyone else.”

House rolled his eyes at Cuddy’s little speech. “I’m letting him sleep in my bed, aren’t I? I even slept on the couch last night so he could sleep better. I Do need to buy a new couch. So he can at least be nice and happy.”

“House!” Cuddy was exasperated now. “Let me see him.”

“He’s sleeping.”

“Yeah, and you’re going to wake him up to make him take the antibiotic because you want to get it into him as soon as possible.” She started down the hallway for House’s bedroom, pausing at the doorway for him to catch up and open the door.

Huhhreshhh, ehhtshchahh…hitchessh, uhhschahhh.” Wilson’s sneezing was the first thing they heard upon opening the door. “Uhhhreshhhuhh, hurehhshhh…ruhhshooo, huhhreehshhooo.”

“Bless you.” Cuddy told him gently, walking over to where he sat on the bed. After waiting for him to blow his nose, she lightly pressed that back of her hand against his forehead, frowning at his temperature. “Have you been resting?”

“I told you he was. Why can’t you believe me?” House interrupted.

“House, I was asking Wilson, and I never said I didn’t believe you. I just want to hear it from Wilson.”

“I’ve done pretty much nothing but sleep. I tried reading on Monday, but felt too lousy to concentrate. So I’ve been dozing off watching TV ever since.”

“How are you feeling?”

“Lousy. Headache, earache, congestion, a bit of coughing, sneezing as you just heard.” He cleared his throat and took the pill and glass of water from House and swallowed it. “Thanks.”

“Eating?”

“Yes. Not hungry, but I am eating. And I’m drinking lots of water.”

“Good. I’m going to let you get back to sleep until House wants you to eat dinner. I’m assuming dinner will be late as you didn’t have lunch until after 2.”

“Yeah…probably eat around 7 or so.” House answered from the doorway.

Cuddy nodded, walking to join House at the door. “Feel better soon, James.” She said gently as Wilson curled back up in the bed, pulling the blanket around him. House walked with Cuddy to the door. “Call me if he gets worse, ok. Otherwise I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Are you sure? I mean, with the ear infection developing, someone should stay here with him constantly. I mean, we don’t need him getting dizzy and falling on his way to the bathroom…”

“Nice try, House. But you caught the ear infection early, so the antibiotics should knock it right out. Bottom line: You Are Still Doing Your Clinic Hours And Meeting With Your Team. No Excuses. I’ll see you Tomorrow.” Cuddy opened the door and stepped out, closing it behind her.

House glared at the closed door. Apparently there was no way he was going to get out of clinic duty. Darn Cuddy, he grumbled as he made his way back to the kitchen.

Grabbing another Mountain Dew out of the fridge, he went back to the chair and quickly lost himself in “New Yankee Workshop” again.

When he had finally caught up on his viewing, he checked his watch. 7:30. Time to make Wilson eat some dinner. Swallowing a few more Vicodin, he began the trek down the hall to his bedroom. Knocking on the door, he opened it. “Wilson?” He reached out and gently shook the younger man’s arm.

Wilson’s eyes opened a few seconds later. “What?” he mumbled blearily.

“It’s 7:30. Time to eat something. And you can have more cold medicine.”

“Not hungry.” Wilson rolled away from House in an attempt to go back to sleep.

“Don’t care. We had a deal. You got to sleep in here, so now you have to eat something. Time to get up.”

Wilson glared at House. “Fine.” He slowly got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. Sitting at the table, he looked at House. “So, Greggy, what’s for dinner?”

House sighed. Apparently, not only was Crabby, Irritable Wilson visiting, but it looked like there was going to be an appearance by Childish, Passive-Aggressive Wilson. “What would you like?” he asked as nicely as he could.

“Cold medicine and to go back to sleep.”

“Cold medicine is on the table. And you can go back to sleep once you eat something. What would you like? How’s your throat?”

“My throat’s fine.” Wilson muttered peevishly, reaching for the tissues that had been left on the table from last night. Folding two in half, he prepared himself for the incoming sneezes.

“Wilson?” House turned to look at him and saw the pre-sneeze expression in his eyes and the tissues covering the lower half of his face. Turning back to sink, he filled a glass with water, setting it on the table.

Hiihhreshhh, rehhhsheeh…ahhrshhushhh, ruhhshooo.” Wilson blew his nose and reached for the box of cold pills. Taking two out of the blister pack, he reached for the water House had placed on the table and took them.

“What do you want for dinner or should I just make anything?”

Wilson shrugged. “Don’t care.”

“Fine.” House sighed, pulling out a loaf of bread. “You’re having a peanut butter sandwich.”

“Yuck.” Wilson made a face.

“Then you tell me what you want!” House snapped, exasperated. At the shock in Wilson’s eyes, he regretted it momentarily, not that he’d let Wilson know. Sighing, he took a minute to recompose himself. “Wilson, if you don’t want what I’m going to make, you need to tell me what you want instead. Stop acting like a 5 year old. I know you don’t feel well and want to sleep, but you won’t get better if you don’t eat. If you don’t want a sandwich, that’s fine, but you need to suggest something else. I’m not letting you go back to bed until you eat, especially now that you’re on antibiotics.”

Wilson sighed. If he ate, House would go away for a bit.

“Do we have any yogurt?”

House opened the fridge. “Strawberry or Vanilla?”

Wilson sighed. “Strawberry.” He took the yogurt and spoon from House and began eating.

Throwing the empty container in the trash, he headed back to the bedroom to get his pillows and blanket to make up his bed on the couch.

House poked his head in the living room as he had started filling the sink to wash the dishes. “Do you want some tea?” He asked.

“Yeah.” Wilson answered quickly, bringing his arm up to shield his face. “Ihhhshuhhh, uhhhrishhh…ihhtshchahhh, huhhhrehhshooo.” Flushing even though House wasn’t in the room, he blew his nose and fluffed out his pillows on his couch-bed.

House finished the dishes and made a cup of tea for Wilson. Tucking a beer and a bottle of water underneath his arm, he headed into the living room where Wilson had curled back up on the couch and was now flipping through the TV channels. House set the tea and water on the coffee table and opened his beer. Wilson found “Some Like it Hot” on TV and began watching it, quickly answering House’s questions about why there were men dressed as women before finally telling him to shut up and watch the movie. House stopped talking but not before telling Wilson he’d wake him when it was time for more Nyquil.

Jules - first off, welcome to the forum, and yes, you must check the show out. Thanks for the compliments and feedback.

You're most welcome, and thank you for the warm welcome to the forum! :omg: I'll definitely give the show a look. :omg:

Once again, loved this latest section!! :drool:

“Where is he? House, what did you do with him?”

That just about had me rolling on the floor... what a gem of a line!!!! :laughing:

d'oh.... poor House... no getting out of working more. Unless Wilson feels crappier... but than if Wilson feels crappier there might be more whining. Dang! He's pretty much stuck. lol!!

I bet House would be willing to try to pawn Wilson off on Cuddy or Cameron right about now.

I just hope that Wilson doesn't try anything stupid with House not enforcing things. *Starts feeling like House and yells "Sleep!!" but partly doesn't because of secret evil enjoyment of Wilson-suffering :drool:*

“Where is he? House, what did you do with him?”

That just about had me rolling on the floor... what a gem of a line!!!! :laughing:

I agree - hilarious! Loved the appearance of passive aggressive Wilson, too. Looking forward to more,

silentdreamer789

You know, if House managed to catch Wilson's disease, he could definitely get out of clinic duty.

I wonder if my wishing it will make it so.

*wishes*

Guest writingnotes
You know, if House managed to catch Wilson's disease, he could definitely get out of clinic duty.

I think I've watched far too much House for my own good. It took me a minute to realise you meant Dr. Wilson's cold, and not actually Wilson's Disease. :innocent:

But having revealed my nerdery for all to see, I now feel the need to gush about the fic. This is so completely enjoyable - all the elements and characters I love wrapped up in a well-written package. The sneezing is just the shiny bow on top. :laugh: Your characterisations are spot on, and I love seeing these new facets of Wilson. And of course, the dynamic between my two favourites on the show. So good. Thank you for writing this.

The pun was intended. Nice to know that someone got it. :o

I did have to read it twice before going oh yeah, his cold, duh, since Wilson's isn't contagious. Yeah, that is a side effect from watching the show...minds goes straight to all of these major diseases.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, and now onto part 8, I think.

And also, I know Wilson complained about a peanut butter sandwich in the last part; he was just being difficult, he wants me to inform everyone that he does like peanut butter, at least as much as he does irritating House;

House did wake Wilson later that night to give him some Nyquil before retiring to bed himself. He woke at his normal time the next morning and was pleased to see Wilson on the couch, still sleeping, although a bit more restlessly. He replaced the cold medicine and the antibiotic on the kitchen table on top of the note from yesterday, hoping Wilson would sleep until he got home and hopefully even after he got home. House was tired and not in the mood to deal with any more of Wilson’s personality changes even though he knew they would end when Wilson felt better.

Adding a reminder to take the antibiotic with some food when he woke up to the note, he grabbed his backpack and headed for the door. Wilson woke when he heard the front door close. He was a bit miffed that House had walked right past him without waking him to say anything, but he had more pressing matters to attend to at the moment. Fumbling around in his nearsighted darkness, he managed to locate the box of tissue just in time. “Huhrcheshh, uhheshhhuhhh…hhiitshahhh, hheehhrshhoosh…huuhchuhhh, chuhhshooo…huhhhrushhh, uhhhshooo.”

Rubbing his nose with the damp tissue, he first located his glasses, then reached for more tissues to blow his nose. Sighing, he got up to brush his teeth and grab some more medicine. He walked into the kitchen to get something to drink and smiled slightly when he saw the note, the box of cold medicine and the bottle of antibiotics on the counter. Filling a glass with water, he swallowed the three pills. Sticking a piece of bread in the toaster, he also prepared a cup of tea. He finished eating and after an agonizing moment’s hesitation, placed the dirty dishes in the sink for House to wash later. Refilling his water bottle and grabbing a glass of orange juice, he made his way back to the couch.

He picked up the remote and took a sip of the orange juice. It was all he could do to swallow it as the tea had not yet washed all of the toothpaste out of his mouth. Grabbing the water, he took a long swallow to rid himself of the taste. Flipping through the channels to find something suitable to watch, he snuggled back into the couch. Sleep did not come as easily this morning, but he eventually managed to nod off halfway through “High Anxiety.”

He was dozing when House came home, so the sound of the door closing and the cane on the wood floor was enough to wake him. “You’re awake.”

“More or less. Have fun at work?” He sat up wearily.

“I had Cuddy on my case all day. Reminding me to make sure you slept and ate and took the antibiotics. Honestly, I did go to medical school.”

“And of course you scored oh-so-highly in patient care.” Was Wilson’s wry response.

“Must be feeling better if you can mock me.”

“Ear doesn’t hurt as much, headache comes and goes, other than that, still feel like I’ve been run over by a monster truck.”

“Look on the bright side; it’s day three…if you rest, you’ll be a lot better by the weekend and ready to go back to work on Monday.”

“I don’t think I can do anything But rest. Although it’s getting harder to fall asleep…probably from sleeping so much.”

“Banging your head at the wall might help.” Came House’s unhelpful suggestion.

“It hurts enough as it is. I just feel better when I’m sleeping.”

“You’re easier to wake up.”

“I know.” Wilson sighed, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand.

“Well, are you ready to fight about lunch now?”

Wilson shook his head. “I am a little hungry,” he admitted. He winced as House dropped his cane on the floor and gave him an over-exaggerated look of shock.

“You’re Hungry!” House exclaimed, clutching his chest dramatically. “You’re not going to fight with me over lunch! Oh, my Lord!”

“Shut up.” Wilson smiled in spite of himself, getting up and walking towards the kitchen.

“Stay on the couch and rest.” House stopped him. “I’ll bring lunch to you.”

“House,” Wilson protested. “I’ve been on the couch almost all day. I think I can handle sitting at the table for a bit. Besides, I’m sore from laying on the couch all night and morning.”

“You can rest in the bedroom after lunch.” House told him but allowed him to continue into the kitchen. He picked up his cane from the floor and followed him, waiting as he grabbed the juice from the fridge and a glass and sat down. “What do you want for lunch?”

“Not sure.” Wilson thought for a few minutes. “Turkey sandwich.”

“Wow. Solid food. You are feeling better.” He paused. “Or, you’re trying to make me think you’re feeling better so I’ll let you go back to work sooner.”

Wilson opened his mouth to respond, then ducked his head into his elbow. “Hahhrishhh…ahhrshishhh…ihhhrshchahhh, hiihhhreshchhuhhh…ihhhtsschuhhh, hiirrtshchooo…ahhruhhshooo, ayyuhhhschoo.”

House used the moments while Wilson was busy with his nose to survey the contents of the fridge. “Bless. We’re out of turkey. Chicken okay? When did you last take cold medicine?”

“Chicken’s fine. And right now.” Wilson responded, reaching for the pills. “And I’m just sick of canned soup.”

House turned from where he was layering sliced chicken breast on a slice of bread. “What do you want on the sandwich?”

“Just mayo.”

“Anything with the sandwich?”

“Let’s start with the sandwich, then see.” He rinsed out the glass that had held his orange juice, opened the fridge and refilled it with apple juice as House set the sandwich on the table. “Looks good.” Wilson ate half the sandwich before looking down at the table.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry…just not as hungry as I thought I was.”

“Half a sandwich isn’t a lot of food.”

“House…there must be a quarter pound of chicken in here. Besides, when have I ever eaten a whole sandwich? You always take the other half before I can get to it. I did eat breakfast.” He ended, hoping that would help.

“What did you have?”

“Cinnamon raisin toast, peanut butter, and tea.”

“1 piece or 2?”

“2. Look in the sink.” House took a look in the sink and placed his head against Wilson’s forehead. “What are you doing?”

“Checking to see if you’re delirious since you left dirty dishes in the sink.”

“Figured you owed a couple turns.” Wilson coughed slightly and reached for the juice.

House gave him a truly House look. “All right, you’re excused.” He picked up the uneaten half of the sandwich and took a bite. “You wanna go back to sleep or lay on the couch and watch TV? I gotta look you over again either way though.” He swallowed the last of the sandwich. “Cuddy’s orders.” Standing up, he followed Wilson to the living room where Wilson dutifully sat on the couch awaiting House’s examination.

He sat there patiently while House looked in his ears and throat and listened to his chest and waited for House to give a verdict. “Left ear is still red and inflamed, right ear’s fine. Throat’s ok, breathing is good…this is day 3 right?” Wilson nodded. “Looks like we may have made it through you getting sick without it turning into something respiratory related. The antibiotics’ll should help prevent that, and you’re still using your inhalator if you need to right?”

Wilson nodded in affirmation. “I used it again this morning, but other than that, I haven’t needed it. The only reason I used it this morning is because things didn’t feel quite Right, and that brought it back to normal.” House looked at him expectantly. “Headache comes and goes. Ear still hurts. No dizziness or nausea. Throat feels fine; minimal amount of coughing. It’s now mostly just sneezing and congestion; small amount of sinus pain, but nasal discharge is not discolored in anyway, so it’s not sinusitis, just congestion. Any thing else?”

“Nope. Sounds good. Where would you like to rest? Couch or bed?”

“Here for now. It’s not as easy to fall asleep as it was the first couple days.”

House shrugged grabbing the remote and flipping through the channels, stopping when he found a movie that fit both his and Wilson’s tastes. Wilson draped the blanket around his shoulders and snuggled against his pillows in the corner of the couch while House took the spot in the chair, carefully placing his leg on the coffee table and popping another Vicodin. “Leg bothering you?”

“Same as usual.”

Wilson stood up. “Take the couch so you can stretch out and put some heat on it. I want to sit up anyway.” He set his blanket on the floor while he went to the bedroom to get House’s pillows and the kitchen to microwave a heat pack. He placed the pillows on the end of the couch and handed the heat pack to House, who stretched out across the couch. “Thanks.” He mumbled quietly.

“No probl…ehhh…em…Ihhhshchuhhh, Ihhruhshh…uhhshehhh, huhhhuhhshuhh. Ugh. Sorry.” Sitting down in the armchair, he wrapped his blanket around himself and turned his focus to the TV. He managed to doze off for a bit before another brief coughing spell interrupted him. Reaching forward to grab his water, he noticed that House had nodded off on the couch. Not wanting to disturb House, he quietly grabbed a cough drop off the table and slipped it in his mouth, picking up the remote to find something else on television.

He had just selected a new program when the phone rang, and he grabbed for it before it could wake House. “Hel-“ He stopped and cleared his throat again. “Hello.”

“Wilson?” It was Cuddy. Calling to check up on the two of them again, and apparently surprised to have him pick up the phone. “Where’s House?”

“He fell asleep. Do I have to wake him?”

“Please No. He’s already spent half his time at work in my office tormenting me. How are you feeling?” She heard him sigh on the other end. “I know, I know, you’re sick of people asking you that, but…”

“I’m starting to feel a little better. Ear still hurts, but my throat’s not sore at all anymore. I’ve got a bit of a headache. Still have somewhat of a cough. All that’s left is…hold on.” Directing his face into his left arm and setting the phone down, a powerful fit took hold of him. “Hihhshuhh, uhhhshuhh…huhhtshchhehhh, ehhhschhehhh…hihhtschooo, ihhshchhehh…hehhhschuhhh, uuuhhruhhshooo…hahhrshhooo, ahhrshehhh…hehhh-hhuhchhuhhh, uhhhchhhehh.” Sniffling, he rubbed at his nose the best he could and picked up the phone, amazed that the sudden fit hadn’t woken House. He could still see the older man’s chest rise up and down so it was clear that he was still alive, so Wilson ceased worrying and assumed that he was simply tired. “Sorry, Cuddy, excuse me.”

“God Bless You. All that’s left is the sneezing?” She guessed.

“Yeah.” Wilson felt his face grow hot and knew that he was blushing and it wasn’t an increase in his temperature. He tried to sniffle as silently as possible, feeling too self-conscious to blow his nose while on the phone. “Just sneezig ad codgestiod.”

He heard Cuddy trying to hold back a chuckle at his congested speech. “Blow your nose, James.” She told him, sensing his discomfort. “It’s not going to bother me, and you sound like you need to.”

He set the phone down again and grabbed a couple tissues, working at clearing as much of the congestion as possible out of his nose. “Sorry.” He apologized when he picked the phone back up.

“It’s alright, Wilson. At least you put the phone down. I swear House tries to sneeze as loudly as possible into it.”

Wilson laughed. “He really does believe that the louder his symptoms are, the sicker he is. God, I hope he doesn’t catch this. I’ll Never hear the end of it.”

“He won’t. The two of you never seem to catch anything from each other.” Cuddy reminded him, just as he had told House two days earlier. “I’ll let you get some more rest. I’ve got a donor meeting in a few minutes anyway.”

“I’ll see you on Monday.”

“If you’re better by then. That means No Fever, Wilson. Just take care of yourself through the weekend, and I’m sure you’ll be able to come back by then. I’ll talk to you later.”

Wilson hung up the phone with Cuddy and focused back on the TV, falling asleep soon after. It was dark when he woke again; House was still sound asleep on the sofa. Had to hand it to him – that man Could sleep. Coughing lightly, he reached over and switched on the lamp. He looked at the clock on House’s VCR and noticed that it was nearly 8:00. Gritting his teeth, he prepared to wake House. Reaching out, he shook the older man’s arm, calling his name.

House awoke with a start. “Wha…Huh…What time is it?” He turned to sit up and grimaced at the pain in his leg.

“It’s almost 8.” Wilson sniffled, rubbing his nose with a tissue. “Should we order dinner?”

“Pizza?”

“Whatever you want. I’m not all that hungry.” He handed House the phone and waited while House ordered pizza. Wilson headed into the kitchen to grab beers for himself and House. 45 minutes later, the pizza had arrived, and they were both sitting on the couch, eating. Wilson flipped through the channels and found “Rear Window” playing, so they ate in silence, watching the movie.

House watched as Wilson picked at his pizza, just managing to eat 2 pieces, and smiling. Good to know his appetite was coming back. He’d most likely eaten more today than in the previous 2. His thoughts were interrupted when he started coughing briefly. Wilson turned his attention from the movie and onto House, giving him a questioning look. Holding up the beer in his hand, House gave a half smile. “Swallowed wrong.” He explained casually.

Wilson nodded, yawning and wiping at his nose with the damp tissue in his hand. Reaching for a fresh tissue, he carefully blew his nose, being careful not to be too forceful with his tender, pink nostrils.

“Go take some more cold medicine.” House told him. “And get me another beer while you’re up.”

Wilson nodded, as his face went blank. Fumbling quickly for a tissue, he managed to bring it to his nose just in time. “Hiihchishh, ihhchihhh….hihhhchuhhh, uhhhrchuushhh.”

House looked at him. “It is almost 10. You could take the Nyquil now if you wanted.” Wilson nodded, picking up the leftover pizza and heading for the kitchen. Returning, he set his water on the table and handed House the beer before going to the bathroom for the Nyquil.

He came back to see House sitting in the chair and that his stuff had been tossed back on the couch. “Figured you might want your bed back.”

He nodded again to House as he set about arranging his pillows and blanket just right on the couch before lying down, making sure his water and tissues were in easy reach. “Thanks. How’s the leg?”

“It’s alright.” House flipped through the channels and sighed. “There’s nothing on. I’m going to bed.” He slid the remote across the table to Wilson who watched as he slowly rose from the chair and stiffly walked down the hall to the bedroom.

Yay! Sounds like House is coming down with it...hope it takes everyone ages to notice...Wilson is the only one who really knows when House is hurting, at least in the show, and he's sick too, so maybe House will go undetected for a while...? Hope so, LOVE it when a character hides being sick.

anyway, can't WAIT for more,

silentdreamer789

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok.... can I just Totally gush on this???

Sniffling, he rubbed at his nose the best he could and picked up the phone, amazed that the sudden fit hadn’t woken House. He could still see the older man’s chest rise up and down so it was clear that he was still alive, so Wilson ceased worrying and assumed that he was simply tired. “Sorry, Cuddy, excuse me.”

“God Bless You. All that’s left is the sneezing?” She guessed.

“Yeah.” Wilson felt his face grow hot and knew that he was blushing and it wasn’t an increase in his temperature. He tried to sniffle as silently as possible, feeling too self-conscious to blow his nose while on the phone. “Just sneezig ad codgestiod.”

He heard Cuddy trying to hold back a chuckle at his congested speech. “Blow your nose, James.” She told him, sensing his discomfort. “It’s not going to bother me, and you sound like you need to.”

He set the phone down again and grabbed a couple tissues, working at clearing as much of the congestion as possible out of his nose. “Sorry.” He apologized when he picked the phone back up.

“It’s alright, Wilson. At least you put the phone down. I swear House tries to sneeze as loudly as possible into it.”

Wilson laughed. “He really does believe that the louder his symptoms are, the sicker he is. God, I hope he doesn’t catch this. I’ll Never hear the end of it.”

Cutest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm totally in this whole Cuddy/Wilson (not necessarily -ship)happiness overload. GAH!!!!! Him all blushing and self-conscious and cute and dahagkhgfaharoanvaj........ power of speech is gone.

Oh... and I saw that there was an interrupting speech set- which I died. AND the whole- "hang on..." AND the "sorry" EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CuteSickWilsonLOVE OVERLOAD

*is now happy and singing and dancing*

Archived