Sneeze Fetish Forum

Unexpected Comfort - (35 Parts)

aggedy_ann

Thanks you guys. I'm having a Lot of fun writing sick, grumpy House. And ready to go insane Wilson. And desperate to have a part in the story Chase (who is insisting that I keep writing about him). I'm working on more when Chase allows me too. Unfortunately, I start classes on Monday, so writing time will drop a little, but I have a feeling that if this is like any other fic that I'm being forced by muses to write, I'll find plenty of time. (And if Wombat decides to start being patient.)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 3 (Sorry it's so short):

He awoke with a start several hours later, inwardly groaning when he realized that it was his nose that had woken him. With no time to reach for the tissues, he ducked his head into his arm and shoulder. “Huhhruhshh, uhhshuhshh…uhhshhuhh, huhhrushhhuhh…uhhhshehhh, uhruhhhshooo…ruhhshshhh, uhhshurshhh.” Raising his head and reaching for the tissue box, he saw House, now awake, glowering at him.

“I was sleeping.”

“So was I.” Wilson pointed out, blowing his nose loudly.

“Must you be so loud? My head hurts.”

“My head hurting never stops you.” He paused and looked at his watched. “It’s nearly 11. That means we can both take some Nyquil and go to bed. Which means I need the couch back. Why don’t you go and get into bed, and I’ll bring you some water and Nyquil.”

“Don’t wanna get up. I’m sleeping here.”

“Until 3 in the morning when you decide your leg is bothering you, and you come and wake me up to make me move. If you sleep here, you’re staying here.”

I’ll stay here. Too tired to move anyway. Why is it that you always feel worse once you admit you’re sick?”

“Because you’re giving yourself permission to be sick. You promise you’re going to stay on the couch all night and not wake me up to switch.”

“As fun as that would be, don’t feel like it.”

Wilson nodded. “I want to get your temperature before you got to bed.” He pulled himself out of the chair, realizing how worn out he still was. Even if House let him rest all weekend, which was doubtful, work on Monday was still going to be a challenge.

“Ihhchahh, hihhchehhh.” A double from House snapped him out of his musings, and he headed to the bathroom for the thermometer and Nyquil. Downing his shot of it in the bathroom, he rinsed out the cup, refilling it for House and heading back into the living room.

He handed the dosage cup and the thermometer to House before ducking into the kitchen to grab House a bottle of water. He reached for his own bag of equipment and sat next to House on the couch, waiting for the thermometer to beep. Slipping it out of House’s mouth, he read it. “100.5°.” He informed him as House downed the Nyquil and took a sip of water and a Vicodin. “Sure you wouldn’t be more comfortable in bed?”

“Don’t wanna get up.” House buried his face in Wilson’s pillow and coughed.

“Alright. Let me look you over quick.” House glowered at him as if to ask if that was completely necessary. “Sit up. You can examine me when I’m done.”

House slowly rose. “Don’t wanna.”

“What have you been saying to me all week? Don’t care.”

He pulled out his stethoscope and otoscope. “Turn and face me. And don’t you dare sneeze on me.” He ducked and raised his hands in front of him as House wrinkled up his face as though he were about to sneeze. “Real mature.” He commented as House’s face relaxed again.

“Hey, I honestly thought I was going to sne…ehhchahh…see, there it is.” He took the tissue Wilson handed over and scrubbed at his nose.

“Bless you.” Wilson rolled his eyes. “Symptoms.”

“Headache, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, congestion and fatigue.”

Wilson nodded. “Ear or sinus pain?” House shook his head as Wilson gently pressed on his swollen glands. “That hurt?” He asked reaching for the stethoscope.

“Not really.” He sat there, breathing deeply as Wilson listened to his chest and lungs.

“I think we may need to get you some cough syrup. Your chest is pretty congested.”

“The Nyquil has a cough suppressant.”

“Which isn’t going to help during the day time. I’ll get you some tomorrow. And I think something with an expectorant would be more beneficial. Break up the gunk in your chest and keep it from turning into pneumonia.” ‘Because you with pneumonia is Not something I want to deal with.’ He thought.

He placed a speculum on his otoscope. “Say ‘ahh.’ Throat’s irritated. I already know that the inside of your nose is going to be irritated from the amount of sneezing and blowing you’ve been doing. Ears.”

Grumbling, House allowed Wilson to look quickly in his ears. “Satisfied?”

“Yeah. Go to bed. Hopefully, your fever will be down in the morning.”

“Night Wilson.” House grunted, lying back down and pulling the blanket over his head.

“Good night, House.” Wilson headed down the hall to the bedroom, wondering how long he’d be able to sleep before House woke him.

Even though I don't know these characters well at all, this is very easy to picture. The dialogue flows perfectly. Great job!!! :wheels:

I'd say poor House, but I'm enjoying his misery far too much. :bounce: I will say poor Wilson though, as he has to deal with both a cold AND a sick House. Which just isn't fair. Not that would have stopped me from forcing it upon him anyway :wub:

LMAO! I love the sticky note idea! XD *snickers* So very House like.

Thanks, hon. Actually the sticky notes is a Wilson thing...he's labeled his food in a few episodes, so I figured 'let's carry that one step further (and I almost typed one strep further...not that I'm devious or anything like that :rolleyes: )

And yes, Very Poor Wilson. I'm really going to have to make this up to him. :wheels:

^_^ I love sick House, but better yet a sick Wilson too! Ahh it makes the sun shine all the brighter. Dialogue flows like a dream and i love the fact that despite their bickering they still manage to say goodnight to each other. The insatiable double act! ^_^ Okay getting a little too gushy about this but it really is fantastic

moooore please....God its true...in the end we are all junkies :hug:

love it love it love it

Sara

XX

*grmbles loudly at post stealing computer* I posted a response after part II - the sticky note thing- BRILLIANT!!

Chase and Wilson talking= LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

and

“You could at least be sympathetic. I was all nice and caring when you were sick.”

“As much as you can be.” Wilson muttered under his breath. “I’m sorry. How are you feeling, House?” He lifted his hand and pressed it against House’s forehead.

“Won’t work. You can’t feel my fever if you have one of your own.”

Wilson sighed. “Do you want me to go get the thermometer?”

That was very cute.

and from part 3

Wilson nodded. “I want to get your temperature before you got to bed.” He pulled himself out of the chair, realizing how worn out he still was. Even if House let him rest all weekend, which was doubtful, work on Monday was still going to be a challenge.

GAH! You are going to KILL me! ^_^:hug:^_^

moooore please....God its true...in the end we are all junkies :rolleyes:

Fanfic...more addictive than crack and less dangerous :D

*grmbles loudly at post stealing computer* I posted a response after part II - the sticky note thing- BRILLIANT!!

Chase and Wilson talking= LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

and

“You could at least be sympathetic. I was all nice and caring when you were sick.”

“As much as you can be.” Wilson muttered under his breath. “I’m sorry. How are you feeling, House?” He lifted his hand and pressed it against House’s forehead.

“Won’t work. You can’t feel my fever if you have one of your own.”

Wilson sighed. “Do you want me to go get the thermometer?”

That was very cute.

and from part 3

GAH! You are going to KILL me! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We All know Wilson loves post-its!

Chase is going to be Wilson's sanity in this I think.

And now we have a reason for Chase to come over :twisted:

And here is the latest installment...sorry it took awhile. I had to convince a certain Muse to let me work on this instead of starting on the sequel. Chase, hon, there's an order for these things.

Wilson got lucky. House not only let him sleep through the night but let him wake up on his own the next morning. Of course, it probably helped that when he had woken up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom that he had placed the cold medicine and another bottle of water on the coffee table within House’s easy reach. Coughing slightly and sniffling, he reached for his glasses and a tissue to clear his nose out. Realizing that his stomach was grumbling for breakfast, he padded softly down to the kitchen.

“About time you woke up, Sleeping Beauty.” Came a sharp remark from the couch.

Wilson looked at his watch. “It’s 9 am.”

“And I’ve been up since 7 wanting more tea.”

“Kitchen’s right there. You’re a big boy, Greg…allowed to use the stove and everything.”

He held up his cane. “Sick cripple.” He blew his nose loudly and tossed the tissue on the table.

Running his hands through his already messy bed-head, he headed for the kitchen. “Breakfast?”

“I already ate.”

Wilson did a sharp pivot on his heel, a bit too quickly as it turned out, and he grabbed the doorframe to steady himself. “You got yourself something to eat, yet couldn’t make yourself a cup of tea!”

“Tastes better when you make it.” House tried softening Wilson up. “Besides, all I did was grab a banana off the counter.” He coughed roughly. “Tea, please. My throat hurts.” He whined softly.

Wilson sighed and continued into the kitchen, wincing at the sound of House’s grating, over-exaggerated coughs. When he headed out to get House some cough medicine later, he was definitely going to pick up some Excedrin as ibuprofen never helped with the pain of a sick House as much.

Knowing that after so many days of little to no appetite, he was going to fill up a lot quicker than normal, he selected a yogurt from the fridge after putting on the teakettle. Since his throat wasn’t bothering him that much, he selected the same apple-cinnamon flavor Chase had picked the day before, pulling out another lemon teabag for House.

“Hihhchishhh, ihhchihhh…chihshhehh, ihhtshcehhh.” He managed to pluck a napkin of the table in time to cover his sneezes. Resisting the childish urge to wad it up and chuck it at House, he opted for the more mature option of tossing it in the trashcan.

“You better not be sneezing in my tea.” Came a raspy yell from the couch.

Sighing, Wilson stood up and walked to the doorway. “Now, how could I do that when the water hasn’t even finished heating?” The whistle of the teakettle punctuated his sentence and he headed back to the stove, removing it from the burner. Placing the tea bags in the cups and adding a large amount of honey to House’s cup, he poured the water in. He carried the mugs and two spoons to the living room and settled in the recliner, setting House’s tea and spoon on the coffee table. “Your tea, sire.” House rolled his eyes at Wilson’s comment. “Must we watch the Saturday morning cartoons?”

House nodded, increasing the volume.

Wilson rubbed his temples and sighed. “I’m going back to bed since it doesn’t look like you’ll be vacating the couch any time soon.”

“Whatever. You Do need the beauty sleep. Honestly, you’ve let yourself go with this cold. When Was the last time you shaved?”

“More recently than you.” Wilson sighed and headed back to the bedroom. “I’ll go and pick up some cough syrup in a couple hours.”

“Good. Grab me another box of tissues before you go to back to sleep.”

Wilson turned and walked back into the kitchen, grabbed a box of tissues, and, this time, did chuck it at House.

“You throw like a girl.” Was House’s only comment.

Wilson shook his head, walking back to the bedroom again. He settled back down in the bed and had just begun to drift off to sleep when he his cell phone went off. Wilson looked at it and groaned. House. From the living room. He ignored the ringing and walked back into the living room. “What?”

“My head hurts.”

“You know where the ibuprofen is. Or take your Vicodin. Or both. I don’t care.”

“Can you get it?”

Wilson sighed, walking to the bathroom for the ibuprofen.

He set it on the table. “Anything else?”

House shook his head and Wilson headed back to the bedroom.

And again, he was almost asleep when the cell phone rang. House. Again. And he couldn’t turn it off; there could be a patient emergency. And House would just yell for him until he came out there anyway.

Dragging himself out of bed, he walked down the hall. “Now what?”

“I’m hungry.”

“So eat.”

“Can you make me something?”

“Something easy.”

“Oatmeal.”

Wilson nodded, heading back into the kitchen. House is manipulating you and taking advantage of this the little voice in the back of his head told him, but he pushed it away, reminding himself that House had caught the cold from him in the first place. He owed it to his friend for that.

“Hatschoo, hehtchuu.” He started slightly as House’s sneezes shook him out of his reverie. As the microwave beeped, he took the bowl of water out and stirred in the oatmeal packet.

He brought the bowl in to House and slid it across the table. “Better?”

“Ehhh-chuhhh.”

“Bless you. Now can I go back to bed?”

“No. I want my bed after I eat.” House mumbled, spooning the oatmeal into his mouth.

“Fine.” Wilson sat in the recliner as he waited for the older man to finish eating and vacate the couch. 5 minutes later, the couch was his. Repositioning the pillows and the blankets to his comfort, he settled back down. This time, he was left alone for nearly half an hour.

He sighed as he heard the cane tapping down the hall. Looking up, he saw House standing over him. “What?” Irritation flashed momentarily through his eyes, not that House noticed or cared.

“Can’t sleep. I want to lie down and watch TV.”

Wilson sighed for what felt like the millionth time that morning. Standing up, he grabbed his a change of clothes and headed for the bathroom. Obviously, House was resenting the fact that he had slept through the night and now was not going to allow him to get any sleep at all. If Sunday passed the same way, work on Monday was definitely going to be a challenge. After showering, changing, and brushing his teeth and hair, he felt strangely tempted to call Chase. The younger man Had offered to help if he needed it, and judging from the fatigue he was feeling, he needed it.

He slipped into the bedroom to pick up his phone and dialed the Aussie’s number. After a few rings, Chase picked up. And at this point in his day, that “Hello” was the first thing starting to go right.

“Chase? It’s Wilson.”

“Hey. I was wondering if I should call. I didn’t want to wake you or anything though. How are things going?”

“Considering he won’t let me rest for longer than half an hour, pretty draining. If tomorrow goes like this, I don’t know how I’ll make it through work on Monday.”

“Need some back-up?”

“Are you sure you don’t have anything else going on? I’d hate to disrupt your plans.”

“Let’s see, second Saturday of the month…it’s cleaning day around here. It’ll be tough, but I think I can let the dust bunnies live another day. Do you need anything before I come over?”

“If you could pick up some cough syrup with guiafenisen for House and some extra strength Excedrin for me, I’d really appreciate it.”

“No problem. I’ll be there in about a half hour.”

“Wilson!” House called from the bedroom door.

“Just a second...What?”

“Bed back. I want to be in here now.”

“Fine.” Wilson walked back to the living room. “Well, I’ve been moved back to the living room. Time to try to curl up on the couch. Just a sec…second.” He said again but for a different reason. “Hihhihhtschhh, ihhtshcihh…hihhhtshhchh, ihhxtvchuh. ‘Scuse me.”

“Bless you. Do you need anything else? I know House stocked up pretty good yesterday, but is there anything You might want that he wouldn’t have thought of.”

“Ummm…” Wilson paused and thought. “Actually, some Sprite would be great.”

“Cough syrup with expectorant, Excedrin and Sprite. Got it.”

“Thanks so much. I’ll leave the front door unlocked in case I fell asleep.”

“Alright. I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Thanks, Chase. See you in a bit.”

Wilson settled back in the couch and fell into a light sleep, not wanting to fall too deeply asleep as he knew once he did, House would be in there to make him move again.

:wub: It's just brilliant! :P I really CAN'T wait until Chase comes over...LOL :hug: Don't fight that Muse!!! :P (Not that I'm not in love already with the House/Wilson parts :P , but...Chase is Chase...you know! :blushing: )

Part 5: (wherein Chase makes it over)

Wilson was dozing lightly on the couch when he heard a sharp rap at the door followed by the squeak of the door hinges. He looked up and saw Chase standing there, looking a bit uncomfortable. Wilson sat up and turned to face him. “Come on in.”

Chase entered the apartment, setting the 12 pack of Sprite on the floor and pulled the Excedrin out of the bag, passing it to Wilson. “Here’s the cough syrup for House.”

“Thank you.” Wilson opened the Excedrin and popped two of them, taking the can of Sprite Chase handed him. “You can sit down.”

“How’s your ear and temp?” Chase asked, still standing there.

“Ear still hurts; no idea on the temp.”

Chase picked the thermometer off the table and went to the kitchen to rinse it off. He came back and sat next to Wilson on the couch, handing it to him. Wilson slipped the thermometer under his tongue and waited for Chase to slip it out when it beeped. “You’re under 100°. 99.8°. You’re getting better anyway. Symptoms?”

“Sneezing, congestion, headache, earache, just a tiny bit of a cough.”

Chase nodded, pulling out his medical equipment. “Lungs first?”

“Why not.” Wilson sat there breathing evenly as Chase held the stethoscope to his chest.

“Your lungs are clear. I think the only other thing I need to look at is the ear unless your throat’s bothering you at all.”

“Throat’s fine. It’s been a bit irritated when I wake up, most likely from everything draining while I’m sleeping. Once I get something to drink, it goes away.”

“Just the ears then.” Chase peered gently into Wilson’s ears, being extremely careful not to bump or jar the infected one. “Looks a bit better. The fluid’s gone down. Are you remembering to put cotton in when you shower? And using the eardrops?”

“Yeah. The eardrops really help with the pain. Do you want to go look at House?”

Chase could hear the man coughing from down the hall. Given the fact that he was most likely coughing as loudly as possible in order to extract every possible ounce of sympathy from his roommate, Chase decided to wait until Wilson was taken care of before checking on his boss, who probably wasn’t going to appreciate it anyway. “I’ll wait until you’re settled. Need anything?”

Wilson shook his head, settling back down. “Now if I can just stay here long enough to get a bit of sleep.”

“I’ll make sure House stays put for a couple hours; then if he wants to be out here, you two can switch for a couple hours or until you decide you want to be awake.”

“Th…” Wilson trailed off as he reached for a tissue. “Ihhschihhh, hihshchiishh…ihhhrushhh, ruhhhshooo.”

“Bless. Try to go to sleep; I’ll be back out here in a bit.” He took the crumpled tissue from Wilson and tossed it in the nearly full wastebasket. “I’ll empty this quick…where do you keep the garbage bags?”

Wilson yawned. “Same closet as where you put the grocery bags yesterday.” Chase emptied the garbage and replaced the trashcan within easy reach of Wilson. “I set the bag by the back door as it didn’t have anything that would leak on the floor, and I wasn’t sure where to take it.”

“I’ll get rid of it later. It’s just tissues, mainly. They can sit there until later tonight.”

Chase nodded. “I’ll go look at House, get some cough syrup in him.” He picked up his things and stopped in the bathroom to wash his hands.

“Ehrshahh, hahchehh, Hapshuu.” Chase could hear House sneezing as he approached the bedroom.

“You know that exaggerating everything so you know Wilson hears you is just going to irritate your throat more, right?” He asked, rapping on the doorframe.

“What are you doing here again?” House demanded as he blew his nose again.

“In the area, thought I’d stop by. Sit up.”

“You’re the one Wilson was on the phone with. And no.”

“Yes and yes. I’ll sit you up if I have to.”

“You’ll keep your roaming hands of my rear, thank you.” House slowly sat up and glowered at the thermometer wielding Chase, snatching the thermometer from him. “100.6°.”

“And I suppose you’re going to play doctor now.” He groaned when Chase sat on the edge of the bed.

“Breathe.” Chase pressed his stethoscope to House’s chest, frowning as he heard the congestion in the older doctor’s lungs. “Wilson was right…you need an expectorant.”

“Did you happen to bring me one?” Chase handed over the bottle. “So you’re not completely useless.” He opened the bottle and prepared to take a shot of it.

“Not yet.” Chase took the bottle away from him and set it on the nightstand. “First, let me finish. Second, you’ll take a proper dose, not just a swig out of the bottle. Symptoms.”

House rolled his eyes. “Like it isn’t obvious.”

“Anything I can’t see?”

“Sore throat and headache.”

Chase pulled out placed a speculum on the otoscope. “Say ahh….throat is pretty irritated. I’d recommend coughing normally since Wilson can hear you at normal volume.” He replaced the otoscope in House’s left ear, followed by his right. “Ears are okay.”

“Duh, they feel fine.” House paused as a sneezy look crossed over his face and his nose scrunched. “Hah-chehh.” Sniffling loudly, he rubbed his hand across his face. “Now, cough syrup.” Chase poured him a dose of the cough syrup and handed it over. “About time. Now why are you here? Wilson was taking care of me.”

“Wilson’s is going to sleep for awhile. Which means that for at least the next two hours, you’re staying in here so he can sleep.”

House didn’t respond, but at least slid back down and rolled into a comfortable sleeping position. Chase shook his head. At least dealing with House this time had been relatively painless, most likely due to the man’s condition. Deciding not to risk House’s wrath by saying anything further, he quietly stepped out of the room and went back to the living room.

“Hihhruhshhh, uhshhshehhshhh…rishehshh, rehshhh…hehhhchhhuhh, ihhhchuhhh…uhhhchhahh, uhhrchhehhhhshh.”

“Bless you again.” Chase waited for Wilson to blow his nose before speaking again. “Sure you have everything?”

Wilson nodded. “Sorry I won’t be the best company.” He yawned again.

“Don’t worry about it.” Chase settled down in the armchair and reaching for his bag. “I brought a book. Found something you like on the TV?”

Wilson nodded, pulling the blanket up to his chin. “Sorry for making you miss your cleaning day.”

“Don’t worry about it. The dust bunnies were grateful for the extra day of life. Unless you need help again tomorrow…then they can have an extra week.”

“If I do, I’ll help you clean.” Wilson blew his nose again and closed his eyes.

“You don’t have to, but I’ll never turn down cleaning company. I told House he’s staying put for at least two hours so you can have a nap. Sleep well.” He switched on the lamp next to the chair and opened his book, waiting for House to call for him.

Very glad Chase is there to take some of the burden off of Wilson. :jawdrop: I'm continuing to love this, brigidmn, thank you!! :yes:

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Wilson and Chase = LOVE. Cannot wait for wombat to catch it and then guiltySickWilson and SickChase..............EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll be like Christmas. :jawdrop::yes: Happy dance o' joy!

Thanks everyone...I'm soo glad it the weekend, so I have more time to write :yes:. Glad you all like it.

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Wilson and Chase = LOVE. Cannot wait for wombat to catch it and then guiltySickWilson and SickChase..............EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll be like Christmas. :lol::blushing: Happy dance o' joy!

And you *know* I have tons of ideas planned for them :jawdrop: Those two boys together are just tooo much fun.

Alright...finally have the next part done (or at least where I felt I could pause things to post it.) It gets a bit long, so sorry...lots of Chase interaction with both of them ;)

Chase watched over Wilson as he closed his eyes and relaxed. After a few minutes, the brunette’s breathing deepened and evened out. Smiling at the sight of a sleeping Wilson, Chase quietly leaned back in the chair, opening his book, deciding to look in on House every half hour unless the man requested his presence.

Chase kept one eye on the clock while the other was trained on his book. He pulled a Sprite out of the pack he had bought for Wilson and quietly set his feet on the coffee table, taking care not to disturb any of the things Wilson had sitting there. Surprisingly, in the first half hour, House did not call for him at all; Chase had expected to be up and down every five minutes as his boss used him as his personal slave.

Deciding it was time to get up and check on the older man, Chase quietly rose from the chair, marking his spot in his book and placing it on the table. Grabbing a bottle of water from the kitchen, he made his way down the hall. He tapped lightly on House’s doorframe and slipped in. His first instinct upon seeing the man tangled in the bed sheets was to chuckle which quickly switched to concern when he saw the beads of sweat dripping off of him as well as the restless movements that had let to the mummification in the sheets.

Crossing over to the bed, he placed the water on the nightstand and, clearing his throat to alert him to his presence, rested a hand briefly on House’s damp forehead. Alarmed at what he felt, he gently shook the man. “House!” He worked at keeping any alarm or concern out of his voice while attempting to convey the urgency of the situation. “Wake up!”

“Wha…” House awoke, disoriented. “What are you doing here?”

“I need to take your temp.” Placing a hand behind House’s back, he helped him to a sitting position, placing an extra pillow behind him to support his back. He slipped the thermometer into House’s mouth and waited, frowning while detangling him from the sheet.

“What’s wrong?” House asked when Chase pulled the thermometer out of his mouth.

“Your fever spiked. 101.2°. Have you taken your Vicodin lately?”

“Not since I woke up…around 7.”

“Where is it?”

“House gestured to the nightstand drawer with one hand, clamping the other hand over his nose. “Hahhchehh, ihhhchahh.

“Bless.” Chase muttered, pulling out a bottle of Vicodin. “I’m sure your leg could use this, and the acetaminophen will hopefully knock down the temp. I’d give you Tylenol, but I don’t want you overdosing on the acetaminophen.” He shook out two pills and handed them to House along with the bottle of water. “Drink this. I’ll be back in a minute. I want to get that fever down.”

Chase headed to the kitchen and grabbed one of the chairs from the table, followed by his book from the living room. Stopping in the bathroom, he grabbed a washcloth and ran it under cool water. With everything in tow, he returned again to House’s bedroom. He placed the chair next to the bed and helped House to lie back down. “I’ll take your temperature again in about an hour or so.” He sat down next to him. “Try to go back to sleep.” Chase gently bathed House’s face with the damp cloth, stopping after 15 minutes and placing the cloth on his forehead. Leaning back in his chair, he picked up his book and resumed reading.

House slept fitfully at first, relaxing once the Vicodin and cold cloth took effect and began to lower his fever. Chase relaxed slightly but kept a watchful eye on his boss and an open ear in case Wilson needed anything, changing the cloth on House’s forehead every so often as it lost its coolness.

Chase started slightly when he heard a slight rap and a sniffle from the bedroom door almost an hour and a half later. He looked up to see Wilson standing there. “I was wondering where you went. I woke up and you weren’t there, so I waited a bit for you to come back. Then I figured I’d come and see what he was forcing you to do.” Wilson noticed the cloth on House’s forehead. “Is he ok?”

“His fever spiked about an hour and a half ago. I was just about to wake him to re-check it.

Wilson nodded, covering his nose with his elbow. “Huurhsehhshh, uhhhruhshh…ruhhhshooo, uhhhrishhhehhh.”

“Bless.” Chase gently shook House awake. “House, I need you to wake up. I need to check your temperature again.”

“G’wayy.” House mumbled, trying to roll away from Chase.

“House…” Chase continued shaking him gently.

“Let me help.” Wilson stepped to the opposite side of the bed. “House…wake up. We need to get your temp.”

Realizing that resisting the two men’s attempts to wake him would prove futile; House slowly sat up, coughing. “Why?”

“Your fever spiked up awhile ago. I want to recheck it to see if we got it down.” Chase explained.

Wilson settled on the bed next to House and helped him sit back up. “I don’t want my temperature taken; I want to sleep.” House whined.

“You can sleep in a couple minutes.” Wilson told him gently. “But Chase said your fever went up rather quickly. We need to see if it’s gone down any.” He looked at Chase. “What was it?”

“In about a half an hour it went from 100.5° to 101.2°”

“Yeah…House, we’re going to take your temp, and then you can go back to sleep.” Wilson reassured him.

House looked at Wilson. “Okay. Hehhchahh, iihxxchahh, huhh-ushhhshahh.”

“I’ve got the thermometer, House.” Chase told him and after a bit of prompting from Wilson, House turned his head, allowing Chase to slip in the thermometer. “100.8°. Much better. And you’re sleeping better than you were.”

“Fine.” House reached for a tissue and blew his nose. “Can I go to sleep now?”

Wilson looked over at Chase as the younger man nodded. “Of course.” He helped him slide back down in the bed and pulled the sheet over him “Got everything you need?”

“More water?”

”Sure.” Wilson handed over the water bottle he had grabbed for himself and hadn’t yet had a chance to open. “I’ll grab another one when I go back to the couch. Hungry?”

House shook his head. “Tired.”

“Okay, but you need to eat later then.” Wilson told him gently.

House nodded, yawning and closing his eyes. “Sleep first.”

Wilson and Chase quietly slipped out of the room. “He certainly is rather compliant right now.” Chase remarked.

“He must be feeling pretty awful. And when he gets feverish, he tends to be a bit more malleable. Almost, well, human. If he’s not feeling that bad, he’ll resist and torment you, so he must be feeling pretty bad. I know I a..was. What did you give him for his fever?”

“I gave him some of his Vicodin.” Chase looked down. “He hadn’t had any for about 4 hours, and I figured giving him that would keep him from overdoing the acetaminophen.”

Wilson nodded. “That’s what I would have done.” He turned and headed into the kitchen.

“Hungry?” Chase asked.

Wilson nodded. “Yeah.”

“Do you want to rest, and I can make you something?”

“Ummm, if you don’t mind. Although I think I’m going to sit in the kitchen with you if that’s okay.”

“Feeling up to it?”

Wilson nodded. “Mostly just tired. But I get sick of being on the couch all the time. I’d like a change of scenery.”

Chase smiled. “I understand. I should check your temperature again as well.” Walking over to the sink, he rinsed off the thermometer and handed it to Wilson. Complying, Wilson stuck it under his tongue.

“99.5°. Closer to normal.”

“That’s good. You’ll be able to go back to work on Monday.” Chase smiled. “What would you like for lunch? I know House stocked up pretty well on soup, but I can imagine you might be sick of that.”

Wilson laughed. “Just a little bit.

“Let me look and see what I can come up with. Although knowing House, it might be difficult to find something edible.”

“You’re forgetting I live here now.” Wilson smiled, crossing over to one of the lower cupboards. “He still thinks this is full of cleaning supplies.” Wilson opened the cupboard to reveal a stash of “real” food.

Chase peered inside the cupboard at the selection of food, herbs, and spices. “How does a pasta sound? I can make a pretty decent garlic butter sauce.”

“That does sound good.” Wilson agreed.

Chase pulled out a box of fettuccine noodles along with garlic, basil and oregano. “If you’ll show me where the pots and pans are, I’ll get started. Wilson pointed out to Chase where the pots and pans were kept, then sat at the kitchen table while Chase prepared lunch.

A little more than half an hour later, Chase had lunch for the two of them dished up and on the table. Chase poured Wilson a glass of water and sat down across from him, waiting for Wilson to start eating. “It’s good.” Wilson told him. “Thank you. It’s nice to have someone Actually cook for me for a change.”

“Not a problem. I can’t picture House doing much more than opening a soup can or making a sandwich.”

“No, he doesn’t. Although he’s been rather nice about doing the minimal amount of cooking needed this week.” He looked up as he noticed Chase noticing that he was picking at the noodles in front of him. “It’s good, really.” He reassured Chase. “I just haven’t been hungry all week so it doesn’t take long to fill me up.”

“That’s alright.” Chase smiled. “You can eat more later if when you’re hungry again. Don’t want to force it. Do you want to show me where there’s a container I can put the leftovers?”

“Sure.” Wilson got up slowly and fetched Chase a plastic container.

Chase spooned the leftovers into the container and set it in the fridge. “I’ll clean up the kitchen quick if you want to go back and rest on the couch some more.”

“I can help.” Wilson insisted, grabbing a napkin from the table. “Just a sec.” Chase watched as Wilson’s eyes squinted shut, and he pressed the napkin to his nose. “Huhhhrushhh, uhhrhushhh…uhhhtschhoo, ruhhhschooo.”

“Bless; are you sure?” Chase asked, rolling up his sleeves and filling the sink with water.

Wilson blew his nose and tossed the napkin in the garbage. “Yeah.” He stood up and stood next to Chase at the sink.

Chase frowned at how pale Wilson appeared and knew that the older man was still pretty worn out. “I’ll wash, you can dry.” He handed Wilson the dishtowel, switching off the tap. 45 minutes later, Wilson and Chase had finished the three days of dirty dishes when Chase looked over to notice that Wilson was shaking slightly. “Wilson, are you ok?” He reached out and caught hold of the man’s elbow.

Wilson looked at him. “I’ll be ok. Just got a little dizzy.”

“You’re shaking. You should sit down.” He helped Wilson back to the chair. “You’re really worn out.”

“I’m fine.” Wilson attempted to protest.

“I think you need to rest some more.” Chase suggested lightly, getting Wilson a fresh glass of water. “Drink this.” Chase waited for Wilson to drink the glass of water, pulling out a chair and sitting across from him. He gently pressed his wrist against the older man’s forehead, watching him closely. “Still dizzy?”

“Getting better.”

“Think you can make it to the couch if I help you?”

“I feel a lot better now. Probably just not used to standing up that long.”

“I’m still going to help you over there. House will kill me if I let you fall.” Wilson smiled, faintly, but still a smile. “I want to look at your ears again.” He helped Wilson stand, giving him a second to get his bearings. “Ready?” With Wilson’s nod, he followed and guided him back to the living room, making sure to stay close enough to catch him if he got dizzy again.

Chase made sure Wilson was comfortably sitting on the couch before sitting on the coffee table in front of him. “Ears. Do they feel any worse, or did they before you got dizzy?”

“The right one felt like there was more fluid in it before I started feeling dizzy. And, actually, it felt like there was fluid in the left one too.”

Chase picked up the otoscope and gently peered into Wilson’s ears. “The left one isn’t red; the right doesn’t look any redder; there is a bit more fluid in there though.” Chase’s brow furrowed as he pondered over this. Rubbing his hand against his eyes, he looked at Wilson closely. “Do you have any allergies?”

“I’m already on antibiotics…that should have taken care of it, or we should at least wait until I’ve finished them.”

“I don’t mean drug allergies; just regular allergies…dust, mold, hay fever?”

“Hay fever, but it hasn’t kicked in yet. At least that’s what House told me on Monday. He says checking the pollen count in the spring makes clinic hours easier.”

“Sounds like something House would do. And they’ve started kicking in a bit. I started noticing mine yesterday. And with the cold, it probably makes it harder to tell.”

Wilson nodded, rubbing his nose. “My allergy pills should be in the bathroom in the toiletry bag. Otherwise House has Benadryl stashed somewhere.”

Chase looked at his watch. “It’s 4:30, almost. Is your pill 12 or 24 hours?”

“24.”

“You want to go with the Benadryl first. That way you won’t have to remember to take your pill at a weird time everyday or be miserable for awhile while you set it on a schedule you prefer.”

“It doesn’t help much with the symptoms, but I think it does helps a bit with my ears.”

“I think the cold medicine’ll take care of most of your symptoms. Mine haven’t been bad at all…just noticing that I’ve been a bit congested from time to time, and my eyes itch a bit.”

“Benadryl, since I’m not noticing them. But you’ll have to wake House to ask where it is.”

“I should look in on him anyway. I’ll be right back.” Chase watched as Wilson leaned against the back of the couch, then got up and headed to House’s bedroom

*GRIN*

“He must be feeling pretty awful. And when he gets feverish, he tends to be a bit more malleable. Almost, well, human. If he’s not feeling that bad, he’ll resist and torment you, so he must be feeling pretty bad. I know I a..was. What did you give him for his fever?”

*Snuggles Wilson* That was TOOOO cute. Sure.... was.... yeah... I don't think so... :twisted:

Awwww... Chase was so cute taking care of House. Poor House... if he isn't being a miserable so and so he must Really be feeling horrible.

“You’re forgetting I live here now.” Wilson smiled, crossing over to one of the lower cupboards. “He still thinks this is full of cleaning supplies.” Wilson opened the cupboard to reveal a stash of “real” food.

OMG.... :lol: that was great! hehehe

“I can help.” Wilson insisted, grabbing a napkin from the table. “Just a sec.” Chase watched as Wilson’s eyes squinted shut, and he pressed the napkin to his nose. “Huhhhrushhh, uhhrhushhh…uhhhtschhoo, ruhhhschooo.”

“Bless; are you sure?” Chase asked, rolling up his sleeves and filling the sink with water.

Wilson blew his nose and tossed the napkin in the garbage. “Yeah.” He stood up and stood next to Chase at the sink.

Chase frowned at how pale Wilson appeared and knew that the older man was still pretty worn out. “I’ll wash, you can dry.” He handed Wilson the dishtowel, switching off the tap. 45 minutes later, Wilson and Chase had finished the three days of dirty dishes when Chase looked over to notice that Wilson was shaking slightly. “Wilson, are you ok?” He reached out and caught hold of the man’s elbow.

Wilson looked at him. “I’ll be ok. Just got a little dizzy.”

“You’re shaking. You should sit down.” He helped Wilson back to the chair. “You’re really worn out.”

“I’m fine.” Wilson attempted to protest.

“I think you need to rest some more.” Chase suggested lightly, getting Wilson a fresh glass of water. “Drink this.” Chase waited for Wilson to drink the glass of water, pulling out a chair and sitting across from him. He gently pressed his wrist against the older man’s forehead, watching him closely. “Still dizzy?”

“Getting better.”

“Think you can make it to the couch if I help you?”

“I feel a lot better now. Probably just not used to standing up that long.”

“I’m still going to help you over there. House will kill me if I let you fall.” Wilson smiled, faintly, but still a smile.

DIED from CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!! :huh::eek: So much cuteness... :blushing: Err.... umm... I'm not Slightly addicted am I?? :innocent: la la la...

When Chase gets ill too can we put together a nursing team to go over and look after all of them. I'll volunteer for a shift. :lol:

Vetinari, tma, we can divide this into 3 8 hour shifts between the three of us...:twisted:

And this next part is kinda short, but, well, I personally find it kind of cute, so I couldn't wait to get more written to post. (Plus I'm kinda supposed to be working on a paper thingy about when I used behavior modification this week, and I'm stuck there since I don't think I did, so...yeah, posting)

Gritting his teeth, Chase reached out and shook House firmly, but gently. “House.”

A couple seconds later, House slowly opened his eyes. “What?” he asked after a brief, harsh coughing spell.

“First, when did you last take any cold medicine?”

“Not sure…before you got here.” He sniffled deeply, rubbing fiercely at his nose. “I could use some more.” House slowly propped himself into a sitting position. “Huhhrshahh, uhhhchahhh.” House sneezed at a much more reasonable volume.

“I’ll be right back. Need any water or juice? Hungry?”

“Not hungry. Have water. Just pills.” House reached for the Vicodin bottle Chase had left on the nightstand.

“Just wait. I want to get your temperature again.”

House rolled his eyes. “Why?”

“Because your fever spiked this morning. I want to see what it is after the Vicodin wears off a bit. I’ll be back in 2 minutes with the cold pills.”

House sighed. “Fi-ine. Just don’t be as inept at fetching pills as you are with everything else.”

True to his word, Chase was back in less than 2 minutes with the thermometer and pills. Jamming the thermometer into House’s mouth, he waited while the grumpy doctor pouted. House pulled it out the second it beeped and slapped it into Chase’s palm, already grabbing his Vicodin with his other hand. Chase handed over the cold medicine and looked at the thermometer. “Hasn’t changed.”

“Fine. Good. You can leave now. I’ll let you know if I need anything.”

“One more thing…Wilson said that you would know where the Benadryl was.”

“What makes you think I’m going to share my antihistamines with you? If you can’t remember to take a pill, that’s your problem.”

Chase took a deep breath. “It’s for Wilson, not for me.”

“Why does he need it?”

“His ears are bothering him again; the fluid level’s increased slightly. Spring allergies have started to kick in, so he’s going to take some Benadryl so he doesn’t have to take his allergy pill at an odd time of day,”

“His allergies haven’t kicked in…pollen hasn’t kicked in yet.”

“You have fall allergies.”

“I checked online.”

“When?”

“Tuesday.”

“It’s Saturday. I started noticing mine Thursday night.” Chase stared pointedly at House until the misanthrope turned away to muffle a few sneezes into his arm. “Ruhhshehh, ahhhshehh, hahhreshhh. Fide.” House blew his nose and began to lie back down. “Bathroom closet…middle shelf. Now go away.”

“Thanks.” Chase left the bedroom rather quickly and House had to hold back a slight grin. He had felt too lousy this morning to torment the blonde, but now that he wasn’t feverish and shaky, he could put some more effort into it. He’d find ways of keeping the Wombat busy a bit later, but for now, sleep was his most pressing need.

Chase grabbed the bottle of Benadryl out of the bathroom and headed back to the living room. He saw the expression of pain on Wilson’s face and stepped quicker to his side. “Wilson? You okay?”

Wilson nodded slowly. “Ear hurts. Just flared up all of a sudden.”

Chase nodded, pressing the bottle into Wilson’s hand. “Take that. I’ll get you the eardrops and some aspirin.” He slipped back into the bathroom where he had seen that Wilson had stashed the eardrops. Grabbing a clean washcloth of the shelf, he ran the water until it warmed up and dampened the cloth. Carrying the aspirin, eardrops, washcloth and a cotton ball. He came back into the living room and sat next to Wilson. “Take the Benadryl?” When Wilson nodded slowly, he handed him the aspirin. “And take these…last time you had cold medicine?”

“Before lunch.” Wilson swallowed the aspirin and sighed.

“I want to put drops in again.” Chase told him, standing up and shaking the bottle. “Lie down.” When Wilson was lying on his side, Chase bent over him, gently pulling down on his earlobe to put drops in. He gently tucked some cotton in the ear and, without thinking about it, gently brushed Wilson’s bangs off his forehead. “I’m going to set this on your ear for a bit. Let me know if it makes things worse though.” He lightly draped the washcloth over Wilson’s right ear and gently rubbed his shoulder before straightening up. “What?” he asked, seeing the smile on Wilson’s face.

“Nothing…It’s just…this is different. I haven’t really had anyone take care of me that gently and carefully in a long time.” Chase looked at him, surprised; he thought that Wilson would have had all sorts of people all over him whenever he got sick. Seeing the look on Chase’s face, Wilson elaborated. “House is…well, House. And my wives were never much on the care taking thing, well…Bonnie was, to a point…if I was sick more than a few days, she got tired of it. And, well, she wasn’t very good at it.” Seeing Chase nod, he continued. “You’re good at it. It’s nice…it feels…nice.”

“Thanks.” Chase ducked his head down, blushing slightly.

Seeing his unease, Wilson quickly changed the subject. “How’s House?”

“He’s turning back into his cranky old self. Short, direct, to the point. Give me pills and go away. I took his temp again…no change.” Wilson nodded, yawning. “Benadryl starting to kick in?”

“Yeah. Just a li..little.” Wilson struggled through the sentence, managing to hold off a huge yawn until the end. “I’m sorry; this makes me really sleepy.”

“That’s alright. Just rest. The cloth isn’t making your ear worse, is it?”

Wilson shook his head. “Feels better.”

Chase bit back a smile as Wilson’s next yawn nearly split his face in two. “Get some rest. Like I said, I brought a book. And now that House is feeling slightly better, I’m sure he’ll keep me busy enough.”

Wilson smiled, closing his eyes. Within minutes, he had fallen asleep, and Chase picked up his book and continued reading until House yelled for him.

So yeah, enjoy the cuteness...more later.

Sighs happily! :lmfao:

And here's another update. Sorry it took awhile...got a bit stuck on the House Chase interactions. Anyways, here it is:

Chase managed to sit there enjoying the silence for nearly 15 minutes before he heard House yelling from the bedroom. Standing up, he quickly hurried down the hall before House could wake Wilson. “What?”

House looked at him. “That was fast.”

“I didn’t want you to wake Wilson.”

“First, have you ever tried waking Wilson? His alarm clock and the phone will do it…otherwise you have to yell and shake him, especially when he’s sick. And since you gave him Benadryl, yelling isn’t going to wake him. Trust me.”

“As I know you’ve most likely tested that. What do you need?”

“Water. More cough syrup. Tea, lemon, add honey.”

Chase glanced at his watch. “I’ll go start the tea and get the water and cough syrup.”

Chase began the tea in the microwave and returned to House’s bed bearing water and cough syrup. He filled the small cup and handed it over to House who downed it instantly, grabbing for his water. “Did you have to get the worst tasting stuff in the store?”

“You’re complaining about the cough syrup!? Please. I’ve seen the contents of your liquor cabinet.”

“Stay out of there.”

“Don’t worry about that. The stuff you’ve got is vile. I’ll go get the tea.” Chase left for the kitchen again and returned carrying the tea. “Lemon, with honey.” He handed the cup over to House.

“Fine. You can go.” With a wave of his hand, he dismissed Chase from the room.

Shaking his head, Chase headed back to his chair in the living room and resumed his post. Picking up his book, he rotated between watching Wilson sleep, reading and listening for House. He had lost track of time when the phone rang.

Glancing down at the caller id, he recognized Cuddy’s number and decided he’d best answer in case she was trying to reach House or Wilson for an emergency. “Hello.”

“Chase? Sorry, I must have misdialed. I meant to call over to House’s.”

“No, you’ve got the right number. I’m over giving Wilson a hand. Is something wrong?”

“No. I was just calling to see how they were. Can I talk to one of them?”

“They’re both sleeping. I’d rather not wake House, and Wilson took some Benadryl, so House said he’s going to be extremely difficult to wake up. Can I help you?”

“Sure. How are they?”

“House is…surprisingly well behaved. Which is interesting as Wilson said he was running him ragged earlier. His fever spiked up earlier but it’s back down again. He’s been sleeping most of the time; when he needs anything, he’s been very short and to the point. Wilson’s sleeping now. He’s pretty worn out. Allergies are kicking in so his ears have been bothering him a lot worse.”

He heard Cuddy sigh on the other end. “Figures.” She interrupted. “He winds up with problems with his ears half the time when he gets sick. I had hoped we could avoid having his allergies kick in while he was still sick. That does explain why he’s taken Benadryl, and yeah, you’ll have your hands full if you try waking him up, but continue.”

“He’s sounding a lot better. He’s eating a bit but fills up quick. He’s been helping out with things but tires quicker than I think he realizes. I think as long as he remembers to rest and not over exert himself when he comes back to work, I think he’ll be ok. I’ll check on him from time to time on Monday to make sure he’s taking care of himself.” The last sentence was said more to himself than to Cuddy, he realized as he paused for breath.

“How long have you been there?”

“Since around 11:30. Wilson called me since House wouldn’t let him get any rest, and I told him I didn’t mind helping out. Although I think the fever House had earlier wore him out pretty good, so he’s been leaving us alone.”

“Of course it’ll help for Wilson that we changed the clinic duty rotations, and he won’t have any for a month. And we just need to keep him from taking any of House’s since it’s his month.”

“I think the three of us can keep covering it. I don’t mind; I don’t think Cameron does either.”

“And Foreman-“

“Isn’t so crazy about it. But he’ll have no choice with House sick.” Chase paused as he heard House yelling for him from the bedroom. “Sounds like House is awake. You want to talk to him?”

He heard Cuddy sigh. “I suppose I should. I’ll never hear the end of it if I don’t.”

She heard House’s yelling get louder before it stopped, only to have it replaced by House sneezing in the background.

“Ahhhrushhh, ruhhshehh, ahhhsheehhh. Took you long enough to get in here. I know I said it’ll be really hard to wake Wilson but you didn’t have to try.”

“Bless you. I was on the phone. What do you need? Talk to Cuddy.”

He thrust the phone at House as the older man snapped at him to get a glass of orange juice. Moments later, Chase was back with House’s juice and listened to him finishing his conversation with Cuddy.

“Anything else?” He asked when House hung up the phone.

“Hungry.”

“What would you like?”

“Food.”

Chase bit his tongue to keep from snapping at the acerbic diagnostician. “Anything in particular? Soup? There’s some pasta left from lunch.”

“I’ll try that. Wilson make it?”

Chase shook his head. “No, I did.”

“You eat any of it?”

Chase rolled his eyes. “Yeah.”

“Then I’ll try it.” He reached for his cane and prepared to stand up.

“What are you doing?”

“Just when I thought you managed to find a second brain cell to keep your one company. I’m standing up, what does it look like.”

“I just thought you’d want to eat in bed.”

“Nope. Bored. Change of scenery. Want to see if you’ve destroyed my kitchen. Ahhsheshhh.” Standing now, he grabbed his tissue box and slowly made his way to the kitchen where he dropped himself into a chair, grimacing as he massaged his leg.

“You alright?” The question was out of Chase’s mouth before he could stop it, and he mentally kicked himself at his stupidity.

“Just ducky. Ready to go run the Boston Marathon, I’d say.” Catching a Wilsonesque glare from Chase, he sighed. “I’m a bit stiff from being in bed all day. Food.”

Chase went over to the fridge to pull out the leftover pasta for reheating. When it was done, he set the plate on the table in front of House. “What would you like to drink?”

“Beer.”

“Don’t think so. Water, juice or tea?”

“Water.” House sighed, forking noodles into his mouth. “Surprisingly, this is edible. Impressive.” He paused to cough harshly as Chase set the glass of water on the table.

Chase pulled out a chair across from him and sat down with his own glass of water. “Symptoms?”

“Can’t you wait to play doctor until I’ve finished eating?”

“And if I can’t?” He was baiting House. He knew it, and yet, he couldn’t stop himself.

“I won’t answer until I’m done.”

“Let him eat. He’s more cooperative when he’s full.” Wilson’s voice from the doorway startled both of them, and they looked up.

“Sleeping Beauty awakes.” House commented before going back to his pasta.

“Nose woke me. I have to sneeze eventually.” His voice rose on the last syllable and he swiftly brought his arm up to his face as his head bobbed forward. “Huhhrushh, uhhshuhhh…ihhhshuuu, huhhhshhuhhhshhh.” Wilson straightened back up only to have the tickle return. “Uhhcheshhh, chehhshhuhhh…uhhhchuhhh, huhhhchuhhh. Ugh.” He looked up in time to catch the box of tissues House threw over. “Thanks.”

“Bless. Ears feeling any better?”

“A little.” Wilson yawned, gripping the door frame.

“Come sit down.” Chase ordered, hopping up to get Wilson a glass of water. Wilson slowly walked over and sat down next to House, dropping the tissue box on the table.

“Aren’t you supposed to be getting better?” House demanded of Wilson.

“I’m working on it. I’m just really tired, House.”

“Which explains why Wombat is here taking care of me instead of you.”

“Would you rather it was Cuddy?”

“No.” House grumbled. “She called and talked at me about not missing too much work.” He pushed his empty plate away and reached for the tissues. “Ihhshchahh.”

“Well, she knows you well enough.”

“Fine. Can I have my couch back?”

Wilson yawned again, taking the glass of water from Chase. “Thanks. Yeah, I should get up for awhile anyway. Let Chase spend some time at his place since I’m sure he’s got better things that he could be doing.”

“Not too much. Just grocery shopping since I’m putting off cleaning. You sure you’ve got everything under control.”

“Now that I’ve got some rest, yeah, I can handle it. I’ll walk you out.”

The three of them walked to the living room, where House flopped down on the sofa, giving Chase a dismissive wave.

Wilson walked with Chase to the hallway. “Thank you so much for coming over. I really needed the rest. He knows that, and, well, you know how he is.”

“Not a problem. Think you’ll need any help tomorrow?”

“Not sure yet. Depends on how the rest of the night goes and tomorrow starts out.”

“Just call.” Chase put his hand on Wilson’s shoulder. “And hang in there.”

“I will. Thanks.”

Wilson slipped back into the apartment as Chase heard House start yelling for him again.

“You’re complaining about the cough syrup!? Please. I’ve seen the contents of your liquor cabinet.”

“Stay out of there.”

“Don’t worry about that. The stuff you’ve got is vile. I’ll go get the tea.”

:D this interchanged cracked me up!

“Can’t you wait to play doctor until I’ve finished eating?”

“And if I can’t?”

I didn't realise that I had such a naughty mind... I read this and a wicked grin magically appeared on my face. lol!!

First... :) the Wilson sudden apperance. *grins like doofus* And voice hitching... EEEE!!! and yawning (prob. with rumpled bed-head *sigh*)

And that is SO cute and SO Wilson to deflect like that...

Can't wait to see more! This is SO fun. Gotta LOVE the boys.

First... :winkkiss: the Wilson sudden apperance. *grins like doofus* And voice hitching... EEEE!!! and yawning (prob. with rumpled bed-head *sigh*)

And that is SO cute and SO Wilson to deflect like that...

Can't wait to see more! This is SO fun. Gotta LOVE the boys.

I had a feeling you'd like that part. SuperWilson in to save the day. And of course he had bed-head. He knows House doesn't care and he's too tired to care if Chase cares.

And now, have some more:

Wilson fetched House the water he had been yelling for and settled in the armchair, looking over at his roommate. “What?” House asked.

“You couldn’t let me have one day of rest, could you? Run me all over the place, yet the minute Chase gets here, you leave him alone. Why?”

“Cuz after I spent the morning torturing you, I was too tired to do much more than insult Chase.”

“I think you’re sicker than you’re admitting.” He gave House a penetrating stare. “Symptoms?”

“This again. God, Wilson, must you be such a mother hen?”

“Yes. Symptoms?”

House rolled his eyes. “What do you think? You had the same cold. Ahhrshehh. My head hurts, and I’m coughing and sneezing, and I have a fever, apparently. I doubt Chase can screw up taking a temperature.”

“I want to listen to your chest again.” House sighed as Wilson walked over to him with the stethoscope. “I’ll let you look at my ears as well.” He sat on the couch next to House and placed the diaphragm of the stethoscope on his chest, listening to his roommate’s congested breathing. “I think they sound a little better; cough syrup probably helped.”

“So Wombat did something right. Doesn’t mean we need to throw a party or anything. Huhhshehhh.” He shook his head after sneezing to clear it a bit and took the otoscope Wilson handed him. He carefully looked into his friend’s ears, noting that while the redness and swelling had decreased, there was a marked increase in fluid, just as Chase had said. “Other than an increase in fluid, they’re looking better.” He admitted, begrudging the fact that Chase had been right.

Wilson nodded, yawning. “Figured as much.”

“Still tired?”

“Benadryl.” He leaned back against the couch as House picked up the remote to find something on the TV. “Not that you’ll let me sleep, of course.”

“You took Benadryl. I know how that knocks you out; I don’t think I have a choice in the matter. What time did you take it?”

“Around 4:30.” He looked at the clock. “Couple hours ago, so I’ll be fighting to stay awake for a few more.”

“You want to watch this?” House asked as he found a semi-intriguing movie on.

“Doesn’t matter.” Wilson leaned forward to pluck a tissue from the box on the table. He held it and waited as House settled into the couch. “Huhhshchehh, uhhschehh…ehhhshcuhhshh, uhhhchuhhh.”

“Bless you.” House mumbled as Wilson blew his nose and leaned back again. He gave a few rough coughs before refocusing his attention on the movie.

Wilson couldn’t have told you what the movie was or anything that happened 5 minutes after it began as the Benadryl overpowered him and before he knew it, he had fallen asleep, sitting up on the couch.

Or so he thought. He wasn’t sure how much time had passed when he became aware of House gently shaking him and calling his name. He slowly opened his eyes to see the soft gray of House’s t-shirt. Realizing he had fallen asleep on the older man’s shoulder, he sat up quickly, a deep blush flooding over him. “Sorry.”

“Didn’t want to wake you, but I would like to get some Nyquil and go to bed. I needed my shoulder back to move.”

“Why didn’t you move me over?” Wilson asked, glancing over at the clock and realizing he had slept the night away,

“I tried a couple times. You kept falling back onto me.”

Wilson blushed again. “Sorry.”

House shrugged. “I’m not going to tell anyone. Besides, I was kinda cold from the fever, and you kept me warm. But now, it’s bedtime. Come on, Jimmy, time for pills and Nyquil.”

He got up and walked to the bathroom, Wilson following behind him. As Wilson rummaged for his allergy pills and the antibiotics, House poured them each a shot of Nyquil. “Cheers.” He toasted, handing a cup of the green liquid over to Wilson and downing his. Wilson followed suit, but instead of dry-popping his pills like House did with the Vicodin that followed, he got himself a glass of water for his.

“Got everything you need for the night?”

“Yeah. Now go get some more rest. You’ll need it for tomorrow. Ihhshehhh…hihh-ehhshuhhh.”

“Bless. And of course, since obviously you can’t let me rest.” Wilson sighed, heading back to the couch.

House headed to his bedroom, knowing that if he was going to spend the morning running Wilson ragged, he’d better get some rest too. He didn’t fully have the energy to drive Wilson nuts, but he knew that if he did, Wilson would phone Chase again, and the younger Aussie would be back. You could just call Chase yourself. The nagging voice in the back of head reminded him. No, it would work best if Wilson was the one to call. There was a method to House’s madness here, and unfortunately, it meant that he’d most likely have to fill Chase in on it. He sighed, switching off the light and curling up in his bed. He’d explain to Chase in the morning, once Wilson had him over here.

House headed to his bedroom, knowing that if he was going to spend the morning running Wilson ragged, he’d better get some rest too. He didn’t fully have the energy to drive Wilson nuts, but he knew that if he did, Wilson would phone Chase again, and the younger Aussie would be back. You could just call Chase yourself. The nagging voice in the back of head reminded him. No, it would work best if Wilson was the one to call. There was a method to House’s madness here, and unfortunately, it meant that he’d most likely have to fill Chase in on it. He sighed, switching off the light and curling up in his bed. He’d explain to Chase in the morning, once Wilson had him over here.

SQEEEEEEE!!! A mystery! :winkkiss:

Wilson can fall asleep on me if House gets tired of it.

Archived