Sneeze Fetish Forum

Unexpected Comfort - (35 Parts)

aggedy_ann

This is such an amazing story. You are a really good writer and you capture them so well. Why oh why can't they take your stories and make them into real scripts. I can't wait for more.

Oh, and I absolutely love House letting Wilson sleep against him... so awesome. :yes:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice chapter. I'm guessing that House is annoying Wilson so he'll call Chase and get properly looked after, since House is too sick to do it? Nice. Love House's plots...

silentdreamer789

Yay! Gotta love a sneaky House. :yes:

He wasn’t sure how much time had passed when he became aware of House gently shaking him and calling his name. He slowly opened his eyes to see the soft gray of House’s t-shirt. Realizing he had fallen asleep on the older man’s shoulder, he sat up quickly, a deep blush flooding over him. “Sorry.”

“Didn’t want to wake you, but I would like to get some Nyquil and go to bed. I needed my shoulder back to move.”

“Why didn’t you move me over?” Wilson asked, glancing over at the clock and realizing he had slept the night away,

“I tried a couple times. You kept falling back onto me.”

Wilson blushed again. “Sorry.”

AWWWWW!! House and Wilson cuteness. :stretcher:

Nice chapter. I'm guessing that House is annoying Wilson so he'll call Chase and get properly looked after, since House is too sick to do it? Nice. Love House's plots...

silentdreamer789

Nope...not quite. But there's another new idea. I'm hoping to have the next part up either tonight or tomorrow. Not sure about tonight as I had my nursing assistant exam today and couldn't sleep last night. So, we'll have to see what happens after I get some rest (as I can barely think straight right now

And thanks everyone else for the comments.

And here's some more for you guys:

Both House and Wilson slept well that night especially as both were more tired than either cared to admit. And House had to continue his plan of action, which required plenty of rest on his behalf. House awoke when his leg started hurting, around 8. He took a couple Vicodin and painstakingly made his way down the hallway to the living room where he began shaking Wilson vigorously. “Wake up.” He yelled and Wilson slowly opened his eyes.

“What?” Wilson asked groggily.

“I’m hungry. Make me breakfast.”

“I was asleep, House. What time is it?”

House looked over at the VCR. “8:23 am. Or as it is also known in civilized cultures, breakfast time.”

“I was sleeping, House.”

“I want food.” House whined.

“And I want sleep. Get it yourself.”

“Too sick to cook.” He coughed roughly to prove his point.

“You won’t leave me alone until you have food, will you?” Wilson slowly sat up, leaning against the back of the couch until the dizziness from the change in position faded.

“Nope.” House dropped down on the couch next to him. “It’s Sunday. That means pancakes.” He reminded as that had become their Sunday ritual.

“Not this time. You’ll eat what I make, and you’ll like it.”

“But I want pancakes.” House whined.

“Too much work.”

“Panca-akes.”

“You’ll eat something simple or you’ll make it yourself.”

“Fine. Something simple.” House pouted. If Wilson wasn’t going to give in to his demands, it obviously meant he wasn’t feeling as well as he’d like to be. And that, since House already knew he was sick, there was no reason to give in just to pretend he wasn’t.

“Oatmeal, cold cereal, or toast and fruit?”

“Oatmeal and fruit.” House grumbled, annoyed that he was being denied pancakes.

“Juice or tea?”

“Both.” House turned on the TV, turning his attention there as Wilson walked away.

He increased the volume on the TV and propped his feet on the coffee table. 10 minutes later, Wilson was back with breakfast and set it on the table next to him. “Can you turn that down? My ears and head hurt.”

Sighing loudly, House picked up the remote and decreased the volume a notch picking up his breakfast. “This is an apple. I wanted a grapes.”

“There are no grapes. Eat the apple.”

“Didn’t someone get kicked out of a garden somewhere for doing that? Are you trying to damn me to hell?”

“I doubt you need my help there.” Wilson pointed out wryly.

“Did you put honey in my tea?”

“You didn’t tell me you wanted any.” Wilson protested.

“You know my throat hurts.”

“Drink your tea.”

“I want honey.”

Sighing loudly, Wilson walked into the kitchen and returned with the honey bottle, dropping it into House’s lap. He finished eating his breakfast and picked up both of their empty dishes and took them to the sink before going to the bathroom to take his antibiotic and cold medicine. He came back and started sitting down again.

“I need cold medicine.”

“Couldn’t you have said anything while I was up?”

“I didn’t realize what you were doing. I was caught up watching “Boy Meets World. Hahhrshehhh, ehhhshehhh…ixxxchahh.

Wilson rolled his eyes as House sneezed, followed by several dramatic coughs; he got up and grabbed the cold medicine and the cough syrup, dropping them unceremoniously on the coffee table in front of House.

“Your bedside manner is beginning to slip there, Wonder Boy.”

Wilson slumped down in the chair. “Just take the damn pills and turn the TV down.”

“I did.”

Wilson walked over to the TV and turned it down himself to an acceptable volume.

“Hey!” House protested, turning it back up. Wilson massaged his temples before rubbing the back of his neck. “Oh, go back to bed.” House told him.

“You’re on my bed.”

“I meant mine. I want to watch TV.”

Sighing again, Wilson walked down to the bedroom, flopping on House’s bed and tried to sleep, not sure how long it would be before House bellowed for him again.

Sure enough, it wasn’t even 15 minutes later when House came back in the bedroom. “My show’s over; there’s nothing else on. I want to go back to bed.

Slipping his glasses back on, Wilson walked back to the couch, ignoring the little voice in the back of his mind that told him to stand up to House. He just didn’t have the energy to do so today.

Wilson settled on the couch and found a movie on TV. He had just managed to get comfortable and interested in the movie when he heard House yelling for him. Back to the bedroom he went. “What?”

“I’m out of tissues.” House sniffled.

Wilson turned and got a fresh box from the kitchen to replace it.

“Can I have some water?”

“Why couldn’t you ask me that before? I had to go to the kitchen to get the tissues.”

“Didn’t think of it.”

Wilson fetched a bottle of water for House. “Anything else?”

“Not right now.”

Wilson went back and sat on the couch. There was no use in trying to sleep, he figured. As soon as he got settled, House would yell for him again anyway. Sure enough, 10 minutes later, House was calling out for him.

“What?” Wilson asked from the doorway.

“I need some cough drops.”

Wilson nodded, curtly, heading to the bathroom to grab the cough drops. Throwing them at House, he stalked back to the couch. House smiled quietly to himself once Wilson’s back was turned. His plan was working. Another hour and Wilson would be ready to call Chase.

House kept this up for another hour, hiding the fact that staying awake was draining him. Finally, after an hour, he came out of the bedroom and suggested Wilson go back in there. “I can’t stop coughing enough to sleep.” He explained.

Wilson knew then that he wasn’t going to get decent rest without help. Grabbing clean clothes again, he got dressed, brushed his teeth and hair and called Chase. Just as the blonde had promised, he agreed to be over shortly.

Wilson stepped back into the living room. “Chase is coming over. He’ll be here soon. I told him to just come in.”

“Aww, not again.” House whined.

“Well, if you would let me rest, then I wouldn’t have to call him.” Wilson snapped, turning and walking back to the bedroom.

House sat there, grinning to himself while he waited for Chase to arrive. Plan was definitely working. 20 minutes later, there was a knock followed by the door opening. “You again.” House sighed when he saw that it was Chase.

“Yup.” Chase agreed, setting his backpack on the chair.

“Wilson.” House hollered down the hall.

A few seconds later, they heard a sigh as the oncologist appeared in the living room. “What?”

“Thought you’d want to know Chase is here.”

Wilson nodded, trying not to look as pissed off as he was as he didn’t want to scare Chase away. “Go back to bed, Wilson. I’ll be in in a minute.” Wilson nodded again, walking back to the bedroom as Chase turned his attention back to House. “Do you need anything while I go and check on Wilson?” He asked.

House shook his head. “I’m good. Go examine him first.”

Chase picked up his bag and headed down to the bedroom, rapping on the doorframe. “Come in.” Wilson told him.

Chase sat next to him on the bed. “How are you feeling today?”

“Tired. A bit sniffly and sneezy, but not much.”

“How are your ears?”

“Not as bad as yesterday.”

“Mind if I look you over quick?”

“Go ahead.” Wilson leaned against the headboard.

Chase slipped the thermometer in his mouth, pulling out the otoscope to check on his ears. When the thermometer beeped, Wilson pulled it out as Chase finished with his ears. “Redness is better. Fluid level is still the same. Does your antihistamine have a decongestant? And temp?”

“99°. And yes, it does. Hold on.” Wilson reached for the tissues. “Hihhshuhhh, ihshhuhhh, uhshehhh, ehhshuuu…eii-shuhhh, uhschhh…hihhshchihh, ihhshchuhhh.”

“Bless you. Coughing at all?”

“Only a little when I wake up.”

Chase placed the stethoscope on Wilson’s chest. “Lungs are clear. You need anything before I go deal with House?”

“Just sleep.”

“I’ll let you do that.” Chase pulled the blankets up over Wilson and fluffed the pillows for him.

“I’m sorry that you had to give up your day again.”

“It’s alright, Wilson. Trust me. I may like a clean house, but I hate cleaning it.”

“If House had let me rest, I wouldn’t have called.”

“It’s House. What did you expect?”

“I just feel bad about making you give up your weekend,”

“Well, don’t. I could have said no. Don’t worry about it. Just rest.”

He waited for Wilson to close his eyes before leaving the room. Taking a deep breath, he back to the living room to look over House.

“Sit up,” he ordered, looking at House.

House rolled his eyes and looked over at him. “If I don’t…”

“Then I’ll sit you up.”

“And as I don’t want you touching my ass.” House sat up again. “What do you want?”

“I’m going to look at you.”

House glared at Chase as the young doctor sat next to him. He stuck the thermometer in House’s mouth and waited. “100.4.°” He read pulling it out.

Chase nodded, placing the stethoscope on Houe’s chest. “Lungs are still really congested. Taking the cough syrup?”

“I’m not an idiot.” House reached for his water and took a long drink. “And I’m not Wilson and completely incapable of taking care of myself.”

“Maybe if you let him rest, he’d be better off.” Chase jammed the otoscope in House’s ear.

“Oww…” House whined as Chase pulled the scope out.

“That ear is fine, bit of fluid, but fine.”

“And you’re not checking the other one. My ears are fine. And me not letting Wilson rest has nothing to do with it.”

“How is he supposed to rest if you won’t leave him alone?”

“He won’t rest If I leave him alone. Ihhxchahh.”

“Sure.” Chase rolled his eyes.

“I’m serious. Watch this. Go stand in the hallway so you can see him.” House waited for Chase to stand up and move so he could see into the bedroom. “Wilson!” He yelled. Chase watched as Wilson remained asleep and unmoving. “Remember how fast he was out here when I yelled for him to tell him you were here.” Chase nodded, walking over and sitting back down in the chair.

“Even if I leave him alone, he doesn’t really rest. He won’t let himself fully fall asleep in case I need anything. And when he is awake, he has to check in with me every so often to make sure I need anything instead of kicking back and resting and taking care of himself. Yesterday, I was just going to torture him for the fun of it, but then he called you, so that put an end to it.”

Chase stared at House, looking incredibly confused. House sighed. “Do I have to spell it out for you? Wilson won’t rest and take care of himself. So when he called you yesterday, I hatched a plan. Hehh-shehh, ehhshchuhh.” He paused to blow his nose and cough. “I figured if I tormented him enough today, he’d call you again to come over. Then he’d actually rest.”

“That’s why you leave me alone when I get here?”

“I am capable of doing a few things for myself, and I’m not that needy.” House looked at Chase’s shocked expression. “What? I’m cold-hearted, I’m not heartless.” He rolled over back on the couch. “Now, make yourself useless and get me a cup of tea. Don’t forget the honey. Then go distract yourself coddling Wilson or whatever.”

Chase shook his head and walked into the kitchen. Just when he thought he’d come close to figuring House out.

Guest LiveAndLearn

I LOVE IT! Brilliant with House calling Chase so Wilson would rest. Everything is so in character I can actually hear them saying it as I read. I love House almost as much as I like your fics. PLEASE write more soon.

FANTASTIC! Even better than what I guessed was going on. Really looking forward to more...

silentdreamer789

FANTASTIC! Even better than what I guessed was going on. Really looking forward to more...

silentdreamer789

silentdreamer789

It actually freaked me out how close you were.

And now, here's more (with a slight return of emo!wilson)

Chase returned with House’s tea and prepared to sit down in the armchair. “Do you need anything else?” He remembered to ask before he sat down.

“I’m good.” House kicked his feet up on the coffee table and took a sip of his tea. “Drinkable. Once again, impressive, Wombat. How’s Wilson?”

“Ears are still full of fluid, but the redness is almost gone. Temp’s closer to normal.”

“How close?”

“99°.”

House nodded. “Better. Hopefully, if he rests, it’ll be normal by tomorrow. How are his lungs doing?”

“Clear. Breathing’s good. He’s just really tired.” Chase peeked down the hall at the sleeping Wilson. “He always sleep this much?”

“When he’s sick, yup. Pretty much.” House coughed and took another drink of the tea. “Anyway, we’re done talking, you can go distract yourself somehow. Go coddle Wilson or something.” He set the mug on the coffee table and curled up on the couch.

Chase pulled his book out of his bag and leaned back in the chair. He immersed himself in the book, listening for Wilson. He spent half an hour listening to House’s snoring before he heard movement from the hallway. He looked up to see Wilson slip into the bathroom. A few minutes later, he saw Wilson step back into the hallway and head towards the living room.

“He sleeping?”

“Yeah.” Chase answered. “For about half an hour. How did you sleep?”

“Pretty good.” He rested his hand on the back of the couch as Chase stood up.

“You should be sitting.” Chase pointed to the armchair.

“I’m ok. I was just going to get something to drink and go back to bed.”

“Why don’t you go lie down, and I’ll bring it to you. What would you like?”

“Just some tea. Raspberry, please." He turned as Chase pointed him in the direction of the bedroom.

Chase went into the kitchen and made two cups of tea before going into the bedroom. He sat on the edge of the bed and handed a cup to Wilson.

“Thanks.” Wilson took the cup and sat up, leaning against the headboard. “How’s House?”

“Sleeping. Temps 100.4°. Lungs are sounding better.”

Wilson nodded, rubbing his nose and setting his tea on the nightstand. “Hihhschihhh, ihhhschihhh...iihhhschuhhh, uhshchuhhh.”

“Bless. How are you Really feeling?”

“Tired. My ear hurts. But mostly just tired.”

“Headache?”

“Just a little.”

“When did you take cold medicine this morning?”

“Around 9. Can’t take anymore until after lunch.”

“Ibuprofen or aspirin?”

“Aspirin would be great.” Wilson smiled.

Chase nodded, getting up off the bed and setting his cup down. “Ear drops?”

“Couldn’t hurt.” Wilson nodded, gently rubbing his ear.

“Need anything else?”

“Just some water if it’s not too much trouble.”

“Sure. I’ll be right back.” Chase left the bedroom, closing the door behind him, seeing House sit up on the couch. “Hey. You need anything?”

“Wilson wake up?”

“Yeah. His ear’s bugging him, and he’s got a headache. So, I’m grabbing some stuff for him; you need anything?” He repeated.

“Not really. I was going to get some water. Ihhshchahhh. Go take care of him; I can get it.”

“He wants some water, too; I’m on it, House.”

“Thanks.” House leaned back against the back of the couch and propped his leg on the coffee table, massaging it gently. Chase came back a minute later and handed House a bottle of water.

House grunted his appreciation and pulled his Vicodin out of his pocket, sighing as he closed his eyes. “Need anything else?”

“Yeah.” House glanced at Chase. “For you to go away and leave me alone.” He picked up the remote and began flipping through the channels.

Chase shook his head and ducked in the bathroom to grab eardrops and aspirin for Wilson. As he prepared to head back into the bedroom, he heard a few rough sneezes from House. He turned to look at his boss and watched as House blew his nose, then noticed him looking and shot him a look that clearly read ‘I’m fine; go take care of Wilson.’

Chase rapped on the doorframe and slipped into the bedroom. Wilson was lying there with his eyes closed.

“Wilson?” The oncologist opened his eyes and looked at him. Chase handed him the aspirin and waited for him to take it. Chase sat down on the bed next to him. He uncapped the eardrops as Wilson turned his head.

Wilson waited for Chase to put in the drops and place the small wad of cotton in his ear before leaning back against the headboard and picking up the tea again. “House still sleeping?”

“He’s awake. Sounds like he’s pretty miserable. Even when he’s not exaggerating to earn extra sympathy.”

Wilson nodded, blowing his nose. “He need anything?”

“I got him some water. Other than that, he’s got the TV remote. I think he’s pretty tired as well.” Chase chose his words carefully, trying not to give Wilson any clues to House’s plot. Wilson nodded, yawning. “Still tired?”

“Not sleepy tired. Just body drained tired.”

Chase understood what Wilson meant and smiled. “You want to switch with House so you can watch TV?”

Wilson shook his head. “Not really. Getting him to move is always tricky. Besides, if he’s got the TV, then maybe he’ll be distracted enough to leave you alone and rest himself.”

Chase nodded, avoiding looking directly at Wilson. Hiding lies and secrets under close scrutiny were never his strong points; especially when the one scrutinizing him knew the original plotter so well.

“He has been rather well behaved for you; quite odd since he insisted on running me ragged before you got here.”

“Maybe he wore himself out.” Chase suggested, praying Wilson would buy that.

“Maybe.” Wilson mused, noticing Chase relax slightly as he agreed. “Or…”

He paused and fumbled for a tissue. “Or, he has some sort of insane…plot…huhsheshh, uhhshehh…uhhshishhh, ihhshihhh…some sort of plot that involves secretly wanting you here so I don’t have to take care of him.” He noticed Chase tense slightly when he said that and grinned.

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to tell him I know. I’m certainly not going to let on that I know either. Did he say why he was doing this?”

Chase looked down at the bedspread. “He said that if it was just the two of you here, you’d spend more time focusing on taking care of him and not take care of yourself. And that he knew after yesterday, if he didn’t leave you alone you’d call for backup.”

“But if he leaves me alone, then I can rest.”

“He says you don’t. And, that’s been proven.” He read Wilson’s glance at him and continued. “Well, to start with, you clearly don’t feel well, yet are more concerned with him. And he says you don’t let yourself really sleep if you’re taking care of him.”

“How on earth would he know how asleep I am?”

“He proved his point. When I first got here, he yelled for you, and you were right out in the living room. Later, he had me watch as he yelled for you, and you didn’t even move.”

“I don’t know how he could have figured that out.”

“He probably noticed how you sleep normally as opposed to when you’re taking care of him and how fast it takes you to respond to him.

“Figures that he never stops being observant.”

“He cares about you. When he’s awake out there, he’s asking how you’re doing.” He paused as he noticed Wilson’s eyes mist over. He gently rubbed his back. “It’s ok.” He murmured, less awkwardly that House had done a few days earlier.

Wilson sniffled and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. “Sorry. I’m just really worn out.”

“It’s ok. Why don’t you rest, and I’ll start making something for lunch.”

Wilson nodded, leaning back against the pillows. Chase gently rubbed his shoulder, brushing his hair off his face. “I’ll come get you when it’s time for lunch.”

Wilson nodded, closing his eyes again.

“Bless. How are you Really feeling?”

AWWW!! Wombat... you are just SO cute. *melt*

Chase nodded, avoiding looking directly at Wilson. Hiding lies and secrets under close scrutiny were never his strong points; especially when the one scrutinizing him knew the original plotter so well.

“He has been rather well behaved for you; quite odd since he insisted on running me ragged before you got here.”

“Maybe he wore himself out.” Chase suggested, praying Wilson would buy that.

“Maybe.” Wilson mused, noticing Chase relax slightly as he agreed. “Or…”

He paused and fumbled for a tissue. “Or, he has some sort of insane…plot…huhsheshh, uhhshehh…uhhshishhh, ihhshihhh…some sort of plot that involves secretly wanting you here so I don’t have to take care of him.” He noticed Chase tense slightly when he said that and grinned.

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to tell him I know. I’m certainly not going to let on that I know either. Did he say why he was doing this?”

Firstly... the first part... just SO true of Chase.

Secondly... ok... you just KNOW what Wilson sneezing mid-sentence does to me.... :drool: :drool:

And lastly... I can SO hear Wilson saying the last part.

He paused as he noticed Wilson’s eyes mist over. He gently rubbed his back. “It’s ok.” He murmured, less awkwardly that House had done a few days earlier.

Wilson sniffled and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. “Sorry. I’m just really worn out.”

AWWWWWW!! That is cute. That seemed like the type of thing that when a person just isn't feeling good might push the misting over button and Chase is just SOOO unobtrusively sweet.

Cannot wait for more. :o

“Chase shook his head and ducked in the bathroom to grab eardrops and aspirin for Wilson. As he prepared to head back into the bedroom, he heard a few rough sneezes from House. He turned to look at his boss and watched as House blew his nose, then noticed him looking and shot him a look that clearly read ‘I’m fine; go take care of Wilson.’

Loved this bit - I can just imagine House doing that. I really like how you show the different ways that House and Wilson react to being sick. And that House really does care for Wilson, but has do to it in 'secret' so no one notices...

Very well written, as usual - I can't WAIT for more...

silentdreamer789

Thanks guys. And wow, me...2 updates on this in one day (and would you believe that I actually got some other stuff accomplished today as well ;) )

Thanks tma for the lunch suggestion.

Chase went into the living room where House was watching TV. “Hungry?”

House glanced at him. “Meh…I could eat.” He shrugged.

“Anything in particular?”

“Something edible. Think you can handle that?”

Chase rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen, sighing inwardly as he heard House stand up and noisily follow him. He looked over at House as the older man draped himself in a chair. Chase opened the fridge and looked through it. “Do you have anything requires actual cooking?”

“No. Why should I?” Chase shook his head and opened the freezer as House spoke again. “You know…French fries sound good.”

“You don’t have any.” Chase pointed out.

“So go get some. French fries and a chocolate shake sounds good.”

Chase was about to point out that fries and a shake were not the best meal in the world, but House had a point as well; it did sound good. “And what’s Wilson going to eat?”

“He likes strawberry. Get him a strawberry shake and a chicken sandwich.”

Chase shook his head, not believing he was letting House talk him into this. House stood up and headed back to the couch, returning to his “Beauty and the Geek” marathon. He pointed to Chase’s keys and wallet on the table and then pointed to the door. “I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

Chase closed the door behind him as House got up and headed for the bedroom. “Oi, Wilson.” He yelled.

“House.” Wilson sighed and slumped against the pillows. “What’d you do to Chase?”

“Sent him for food. I wanted a chocolate shake, and we didn’t have enough milk. I told him to get you a strawberry one and a chicken sandwich. It’ll take him at least 20 minutes to get food and get back. You want to come join me on the couch?”

“So it’s easier for me to attend to your every whim?” It wouldn’t be until well after they both were better that he would even think of letting House know that he knew the plan.

“Just come sit on the couch. It’s a change of scenery.”

Wilson sighed and slowly stood up, following House to the living room. He sat on the couch next to him, resting his feet on the coffee table. “What the hell are you watching?” He asked.

“Some ‘Beauty and the Geek’ marathon.”

“Remind me to block VH1 eventually.” Wilson leaned back against the couch.

“You won’t. You’d die if you couldn’t get your fill of bad reality TV. Hehhhchahh, ichchahhh, ihhxxchhh.

“Bless.” Wilson pulled on his ear as House blew his nose. “How are you doing?”

“I’m alright. It’s just a stupid cold.”

“So you’re already to go back to work tomorrow.”

“I don’t feel that good.” House coughed weakly and sniffled. “Cuddy says I have to be back on Tuesday.”

“No clinic duty though. Who’s covering you?”

“My team, I guess. I’ll have you pass that along tomorrow. Hehxxchahh.” House sniffed and leaned against the couch. “How are you?”

“Just worn out, that’s all.”

“How’s your ear?”

“Pain’s somewhat better. Mostly just feels full.”

“Dizzy at all?”

“It comes and goes. Getting better. It’ll be a nice change to go back to work tomorrow.”

“Just don’t work too hard. You still need to rest, you know.”

Wilson rolled his eyes. “I know. Besides, I have a feeling that most of the day will be spent behind my desk catching up on paperwork and talking to my staff to find out how my patients are doing.”

“You were gone a week. I doubt much happened.”

Wilson punched House lightly on the shoulder. He looked as if he was going to give House some sort of retort but instead turned his head away. “Huhh-urhshhh, ruhhshehhh…uhhshuhhh, huhruhhshhh.” He took the tissue House handed him just as a second set overpowered him. “Hihh-irhhshhh, hihhh-ihhrishhh…ahh-hahhrihhshhh, ahhh-hhahrishhehhh.”

“Bless.” House mumbled, looking curiously at Wilson, noticing that he second set had seemed to take longer than usual.

Wilson tossed the tissue in the wastebasket. “I hate it when I’m sick and my allergies start kicking in.” he complained. House nodded; even though normally Wilson’s allergy sneezes didn’t follow a pattern, when he was sick they took the same pattern of his cold sneezes, much to Wilson’s chagrin and House’s enjoyment of said oncologist’s embarrassment.

“Take your pill?”

“Last night before bed. I can have some more cold medicine in about half an hour.” He answered as Chase came through the front door bearing a cardboard tray of drinks and a bag of food.

“Alright, food.” House cheered. “Took you long enough.”

“You would send me out at the height of lunch rush and then complain about how long it took.” Chase handed House his chocolate shake, then handed Wilson the strawberry before sitting down himself with his vanilla shake.

House watched as Chase pulled out two sandwiches from the bag before handing it to him. He took the sandwich Chase held out and handed it to Wilson, then dug in the bag for his fries, pulling the cover off of his shake. “Thanks.” He grunted with his mouth full.

“Thanks, Chase.” Wilson said, taking a small bite of his sandwich and watching as House dipped a fry into his shake. “House, that’s disgusting. And we have company.”

“Chase is used to it.” House pointed out.

“He’s actually got a point. That’s partly why he usually eats with you. Foreman won’t let him join us.” Chase passed the napkins over to House as Wilson chuckled quietly, which fortunately for him, didn’t turn into coughing this time.

Chase looked on as Wilson tried to force napkins on House. “You realize that this is my bed that you’re threatening to drip ice cream all over. Just eat your fries and drink your shake like a normal person.”

House rolled his eyes at that as Chase tried not to laugh. “This is normal for House.” He pointed out, quickly moving his head to the side. “Eiichuhh. ‘Scuse.”

“Bless.” Wilson told him as House looked at Chase curiously.

“Hay fever.” Chase rubbed at his nose with a napkin. He finished his shake and watched with Wilson as House kept dipping his fries into his. When he ran out of fries, he recapped his shake and drank it.

The three of them finished eating as House started yawning again.

“Ready to go back to sleep?” Wilson asked him.

“Yeah.” House nodded, standing up. “I’ll let you have the TV for awhile.” He slowly made his way down the hallway to his bedroom.

Wilson looked over at Chase. “He can take some more cold medicine if you want to look him over again. Otherwise, I can.”

“I’ll do it.” Chase looked firmly at him. “You need to rest.

House rolled his eyes at that as Chase tried not to laugh. “This is normal for House.” He pointed out, quickly moving his head to the side. “Eiichuhh. ‘Scuse.”

“Bless.” Wilson told him as House looked at Chase curiously.

“Hay fever.” Chase rubbed at his nose with a napkin.

:drool: Poor Chase-y... There is a price for helping House and Wilson. :drool::drool:

brigidmn, I am so excited that you posted twice and I cannot wait for more! You made my :drool: day.

Oh! My! God! :drool: This story is amazing! Wilson is love :drool: and I totally loved the Chase part at the end! :drool:

YOU MUST ADD SOME MORE AND SOON! :blush: Because I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hope your muse will force you to write some more right away!) :drool:

No prob. :drool:

“Remind me to block VH1 eventually.” Wilson leaned back against the couch.

“You won’t. You’d die if you couldn’t get your fill of bad reality TV.”

hehehe.... that cracked me up.

“He’s actually got a point. That’s partly why he usually eats with you. Foreman won’t let him join us.”
And I can SO see that being the case.

And :drool: Chase.... sure it is just hayfever..... :drool: :drool:

The more the merrier... at least for us. *Wait.... did that sound mean?? :blush:*

Thanks everyone. Chase isn't sick yet, or at least that's what he tells me. He swears it's just allergies, so hmm....maybe in a few days he'll be more willing to admit it (although I wouldn't blame him if he didn't as Wilson has been giving me plenty of ideas for Chase torture).

Anyway, this next part is kinda short and dialogue-y, but also some cuteness. Hope you like it.

Chase stood up and slipped into the bathroom to grab the cold medicine for House and Wilson. “I’ll be back in a few.” He said, handing a packet of pills to Wilson. Wilson nodded, swallowing the pills and watching as Chase walked down to the bedroom.

Chase rapped on the bedroom door, entering House’s bedroom. He handed House the cold medicine along with a bottle of water. “I need to look you over again.”

“Nope. Don’t wanna. Give me drugs and let me sleep.”

“I’m at least taking your temperature. I doubt anything else has change.” When House opened his mouth to protest, he shoved the thermometer in. “Shut your mouth.” He managed to give his boss a suitably pissy glare, and House closed his mouth, realizing Chase wasn’t going to give up.

It beeped and he pulled it out. “100.3°. Drugs.”

Chase sighed and handed the pills over to House who downed them with the shot of cough syrup rather than the water. Chase shook his head.

“What?” House asked.

“Washing your drugs down with drugs. At least your temp is down a little bit.”

“I can see that for myself. Why must you always state the obvious?”

Chase rolled his eyes and sighed. “Wilson…” He paused as House looked at him expectantly. “Does he typically get emotional when he’s sick?”

House rolled his eyes. “God, yes. He’s worse than PMS-y Cameron. What did you say to get him to start bawling now?”

“I didn’t – Nothing. I just told him I didn’t mind giving up my cleaning weekend to help out here. And he didn’t start bawling, just got a little weepy.”

“He’s done it to me twice already since he got sick. Pushed himself into an asthma attack the last time.” He noticed Chase’s eyes widen slightly. “I probably didn’t help matters any.” He softly admitted, begrudgingly. “Hihhtchahh, ihhschahhh, hatshchuhh. This is the first time in a long time he’s been sick where it hasn’t caused asthma problems.”

“Bless. I’ll let you go back to sleep.” Chase told him, filing the information on Wilson in the back of his mind in case he ever needed it later.

“Don’t tell him I told you about the asthma and his crying spurts when he’s sick. He’ll murder me. Although I think he’s trying to, as I feel half dead as it is. But he gets a little touchy about anything that could make him appear as anything less than the “Wonder Boy Oncologist. If he wants you to know, he’ll tell you.”

Chase nodded. “Go to sleep, House. I’ll check back with you in awhile.” He closed the bedroom door and went back to sit on the couch with Wilson.

Wilson had managed to find a movie on TV, and was leaning against the back of the couch, watching it, blanket draped loosely across him. Chase sat down on the couch next to him. “I should get your temp again.” He handed the thermometer to Wilson, who was much more cooperative and slid it in his mouth.

“98.8°.” He reported to Chase who smiled. “Even if it’s not completely normal by tomorrow, it’ll be close enough for Cuddy.” He reached over for a tissue and handed it to Chase who looked at him quizzically. “You’re sniffling, a lot.”

Chase blushed and took the tissue from Wilson and quietly blew his nose. “Sorry.” He rubbed his eyes. “Allergies are always bad at the beginning of the season. Well, they’re normally bad anyway, but they’re worse at the start of the season.”

Wilson gave him a sympathetic glance. “I know. It takes awhile for the medication to fully start working and for your body to adjust a bit. Even with all the medication in my system right now, I’m still feeling mine a bit.” He rubbed at his nose and sighed.

“If he’s going to behave himself, you could head home.” Wilson told him.

“I have a feeling if I leave, he’ll start up again. He wants you to rest. And I Really don’t mind. Really. If I wasn’t here, I’d be sitting at home, cleaning or reading by myself. Trust me. The townhouse gets a bit lonely.”

“No pets?”

“Allergic to animal dander.” Chase responded. “And well, I’ve never been crazy about birds. I’ve had fish and lizards before, but, well, they’re not the greatest company.”

“No, they’re not.” Wilson chuckled. He turned his head to the side and pulled a tissue from the box. “Hihh-ihhrishh, uhhhrishhh…huh-uhshushhh, uhh-uhhhshooo.” He blew his nose and turned back to Chase. “Sorry. Those have been building for awhile.” He paused, reaching for the tissues again. “And I’m n-not do-huh-done. Huhhshuhh, huh-uhhshuhh…uhhh-huhrushhh, uhh-huhrshchh. Ugh. Excuse me. I cannot wait until this cold is gone, and I can go back to sneezing normally.” Catching Chase’s confused glance, he elaborated. “The only time I sneeze like this is when I’m sick. Two sets of two, seven seconds in between. And if my allergies kick in when I’m sick, they follow the same pattern. Otherwise, I just sneeze in random amounts. Say, Steve isn’t going to set off your allergies, is he?”

Chase shook his head. “I haven’t had too much of a problem with rats; it’s mostly larger animals that get to me, dogs, cats, horses, rabbits. With rodents, it’s the bedding that will get to me.”

“Same with me. With the bedding, I mean. It gets to House, too, which is why he doesn’t use it. So you’ve never had any pets?”

“Mum bought me a dog for my fifth birthday. Had it for about 3 hours, sneezed the entire time, so Dad put it out in the garage and had me in for allergy testing the next day. By the time we got home from the appointment, Mum had given it to my cousins. You?”

“Dogs growing up and a dog with my second wife. Julie bought us some cats, but they only lasted about a month since it turns out I’m allergic to cats.”

“That sucks.”

Wilson shrugged. “Never was much of a cat person anyway. Julie wasn’t too happy. If it had just been sneezing, I probably would have put up with it. But, it started interfering with my asthma, and I just wasn’t up for dealing with that.” Wilson yawned into his fist.

“Getting tired again?”

“A little. Not sure if I could fall asleep though.”

“Why don’t I move to the chair, and you can lie down and watch the movie, maybe nod off.”

“Actually, sitting up feels good right now.” Wilson propped his feet on the coffee table and leaned back. “You can stay here. If I’m going to fall asleep, I’ll fall asleep this way just as easily.” He propped his pillow behind his head and relaxed.

This whole Wilson/Chase conversation was brilliant! :yes: I love how they care about each other! :twisted:

What kind of torture do you have in mind?? :yes::o Thanks for the update! :D And I'm hoping for more, more, more, more :o just because it's addictive...

This whole Wilson/Chase conversation was brilliant! :laugh: I love how they care about each other! :lol:

What kind of torture do you have in mind?? :lol::bleh: Thanks for the update! :laugh: And I'm hoping for more, more, more, more :innocent: just because it's addictive...

Thanks...I can't give anything away on the torture Wilson has planned (as well as the really nice things he has planned as well), so you'll have to wait until this story is done, so I can start posting the other one (and writing more than just bits and pieces here and there).

This part and the next part for sure are light on sneezing, but still worth the read for all the yummy interaction between the three.

And here's more:

Chase picked up his book from the coffee table and rested his legs against the coffee table as well. He watched as Wilson became engrossed in the black and white movie on the television, keeping one ear open in case House beckoned for him. . Wilson sat quietly listening to the movie with his eyes closed but never really falling asleep.

They both heard House yell for Chase awhile later, and momentarily forgetting the younger doctor was there, Wilson started to get up, only to be stopped by a firm and gentle hand on his arm. “I’ve got it. You need to be resting so you won’t be a zombie tomorrow at work.”

“Sorry. I forgot you were here for a minute. You’re so much quieter than House.”

“A marching band is quieter than House.” Chase pointed out. “I’ll go see what he needs.” He continued his way down the hall to check on the diagnostician. “What?” He asked from the doorway.

“I want more tea.” House informed him rapidly, turning his head as he succumbed to several powerful sneezes. “Hihhxxtchahh, ixxchahh, hitschahh, huhhkushhehhh, uhhhreshhuhhh.” He gave his nose a loud, trumpeting blow and looked expectantly at Chase.

“Bless you. Lemon with honey again?”

House shook his head. “Peppermint.”

“Stomach bothering you?”

House shook his head. “No, not really. I just want something different.”

“Define ‘not really.’”

House rolled his eyes. “My sinuses are draining into my stomach, so it’s a little upset. The tea will take care of it.”

“Are you sure you don’t want a bucket or an anti-emetic?”

“Just the tea. I’m not going to get sick. I go through this every fall with my hay fever. It’s just annoying. Like your questions and the fact that you’re standing there, Not getting my tea. If you’re not going to do that, you can leave. You Do want Wilson to rest, don’t you?”

Chase turned from the bedroom and walked back to the kitchen to brew House a cup of tea. A few seconds later, he turned as he heard Wilson walk in behind him. “Oh, I thought you’d fallen asleep again.”

“Nope. I’m not sleepy tired, just worn out. What did House want?”

“Tea. You want some?”

“Sure. He want lemon and honey again?”

Chase shook his head. “Peppermint.”

Wilson nodded, sitting at the kitchen table. “His stomach’s bothering him.”

“Yeah. He said he’s not going to be sick, though.”

“He won’t. He’s got a strong stomach. It’s just irritated from the nasal drainage. Just gives him one more thing to whine about is all.” He took the cup of tea Chase placed on the table and absently stirred it.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” Chase set a second cup down on the table and carried the third to the bedroom.

“About time.” House snapped when he handed over the cup. “Now, be gone.”

Chase sighed and headed back to the kitchen, sitting down across from Wilson and taking a sip of his tea.

“House starting to get to you?” Wilson asked.

Chase shrugged. “He’s been worse. At least this time, he’s got more of an excuse.”

“Good point, considering how awful I felt. Even though he doesn’t have the ear infection to deal with, the lack of movement is hard for his leg to deal with. So, he’s got to be feeling nearly as bad.”

“Probably. It’ll be fun when he comes back to work.” Chase rolled his eyes. “Cameron’ll be fussing over him, and he’ll be taking his irritation out on the rest of us. Usually winds up being Foreman, as he’s the one that opens his mouth the most when House is like that.”

Wilson gave a low chuckle, followed by a cough. He took another sip of tea and looked at Chase. Chase looked back at him, noticing that Wilson didn’t look as haggard and worn as he had yesterday.

“You going to make it through work tomorrow?” He asked.

“I think so. It’ll be a long day, but yeah, I should be fine. Not going to enjoy wearing a mask every time I see a patient, but I don’t want to pass this on to them.”

“Well, if there’s still no patient for us, I can help you catch up with your paperwork. Cameron’s off tomorrow, too, otherwise, you know she would. She keeps House’s up to date.”

“For the first time in years.” Wilson pushed his tea aside and looked around the kitchen quickly before ducking his head into his sleeve. “Huhh-uhhrishhh, uhh-rihhshehh…uhh-huh-uhshooo, heh-hetsschoo.”

“Bless you.” Chase got up from the table and fetched Wilson the tissue box from the living room.

“Thanks.” Wilson took a few and blew his nose, wincing at the tenderness. “I will be so glad to be healthy again.” He sighed, rubbing at his ear. He finished his tea and got up to place the cup in the sink. “You want to watch a movie?”

“Sure.” Chase agreed, getting up from the table and following Wilson to the living room. Wilson held up “Rebecca” and Chase nodded his agreement. Wilson popped in the DVD and settled on the couch, indicating to Chase to sit next to him. The two men propped their feet up on the coffee table and watched the movie until House came limping out of the bedroom just as it was ending.

He dramatically draped himself in the armchair and sighed. “Need something, House?” Wilson asked.

“No.” He looked at Chase. “You’re still here?”

“He was going to head home after the movie.” Wilson told House and Chase nodded.

“I’ve got to get laundry done.” Chase said. “You two need anything before I go?”

“No. We’re good. Have a good night, Chase.” Wilson said.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Chase headed for the door and slipped out.

House and Wilson stayed in the living room watching Hitchcock movies until around 10, when earlier then usual in preparation for work tomorrow, Wilson dosed House with the ny-quil and sent him to bed.

And next will be WIlson's first day back at work.

“A marching band is quieter than House.” Chase pointed out. :laugh::laugh::laugh: This was funny :laugh: I'm still laughing..I have no idea why, maybe 'cause it's so true :bleh:

I've thought you won't give details away about where you're going with the story. :cryhappy: I'm sure it's gonna be something that is worth the waiting!

I love the interactions between them. These 3 together are the cutest ever. :whistle:

Again...I know it's a stock phrase...but WRITE MORE PLEASE! :laugh::notworthy: I'm here, bouncing around, waiting for the next part! :hug:

ok... firstly is it pathetic to Squee that they were watching "Rebecca"? I loved both the book and the movie. *grins*

They both heard House yell for Chase awhile later, and momentarily forgetting the younger doctor was there, Wilson started to get up, only to be stopped by a firm and gentle hand on his arm. “I’ve got it. You need to be resting so you won’t be a zombie tomorrow at work.”

“Sorry. I forgot you were here for a minute. You’re so much quieter than House.”

AWWW!! Loved that.

“Probably. It’ll be fun when he comes back to work.” Chase rolled his eyes. “Cameron’ll be fussing over him, and he’ll be taking his irritation out on the rest of us. Usually winds up being Foreman, as he’s the one that opens his mouth the most when House is like that.”

Oh.... SOOO true.

“I think so. It’ll be a long day, but yeah, I should be fine. Not going to enjoy wearing a mask every time I see a patient, but I don’t want to pass this on to them.”

Awwww!!

Can't wait to see more. This is definately helping me with my House withdrawl. The summer is Too long. Although for some reason October seems just as long- prob. because they tease us- give us a few episodes and then deprive us for an entire month.

And now, Wilson has his first day back at work (or at least I've got the first half of that written anyway):

Wilson woke early the next morning as he knew the week of being sick had caused him to look rather worn and haggard, so extra time would be required in getting ready. He didn’t want to scare his patients after all. He started the shower, brushing his teeth and popping his antibiotic and cold medicine while he waited for the water to heat up. Once he was in the shower, he stayed in as long as he could, enjoying the feeling of the hot water over his sore muscles. Finally, he got out and quickly got dressed, taking extra time to make sure he looked his best.

Heading towards the kitchen to grab some fruit and a quick cup of coffee, he ran into House. “Going to work?” House sniffled.

“I’ve been off a week. And they need me back with Finnegan being on vacation.” He rubbed his wrist under his nose as he walked into the kitchen.

House followed him into the kitchen and sat at the table. “Get me some juice.” He ducked his head down. ”Hehh-chahh, uhhchahh!”

“Bless you.” Wilson placed a glass of juice and a banana on the table. He poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down with his own banana. “Going to be okay at home by yourself today?”

“You know, there have been times where I’ve gotten sick before you moved in here. Obviously I did just fine then. Why should now be any different?” He coughed roughly and finished his juice, tossing the banana peel towards the trash.

Wilson stirred his coffee, looking at House critically. Realizing he was being a bit silly and that House had taken care of himself in the years between the time Stacy left and now, he finished his banana and coffee. “Anything you want me to pass on to the tuh-team? Hhuhh-uhhshuhh, uhh-ruhhshehh…hihhtshuhhh, huhh-uhhruhshooo.”

“Let Foreman know it’s his turn to cover my clinic hours. Tell them to work on getting a new patient. Otherwise, work on research and paperwork.”

Wilson nodded, blowing his nose and checking to make sure that he had stuffed a handkerchief into his pocket when he was getting ready. He threw his banana peel in the trash and picked House’s off the side of the trashcan and tossed it in as well. “I’ll see you later. And when I call to check up on you, answer the damn phone.”

House nodded, sneezing loudly as he headed off towards the couch.

Wilson grabbed his jacket and left for the hospital. Upon arriving, he went directly to his office as he was there earlier than usual, owing to the amount of paperwork he knew was waiting for them. Setting the alarm on his computer so he’d remember to go over to the diagnostics office when the ducklings arrived, he checked his daily schedule and began catching up the notes from his staff as they had covered his appointments the week before.

Wilson sat there for an hour and a half, reading files and blowing his nose from time to time until the alarm he had set went off, startling him. Looking over, he saw that the lights were now on in House’s offices, so he walked over and entered.

Chase was sitting there with a file, reading it intently. Wilson cleared his throat and Chase looked up. “Hey. There’s coffee if you want some.” He waited for Wilson to pour himself a cup. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired and sniffly.” Wilson sighed, sitting down across from Chase. “Got a case?”

“Yeah. 32 year old male. Fever, confusion, dizziness, vomiting, and seizures. Foreman should be here soon and then we’ll get to work. I’m assuming House isn’t coming in.”

Wilson shook his head, rubbing his nose. “Foreman’s supposed to take his clinic hours today. No Cameron?”

“She took a long weekend to visit family. She’ll be back tomorrow. And you can remind House I’ll be late since I have a dentist appointment so Cameron and I switched clinic hours again.”

Wilson nodded, turning away from Chase. Chase heard him inhale sharply, grabbed a few tissues and pressed them into Wilson’s hand. Wilson nodded his thanks and pressed them over his face just in time. “Hihhhtschhh, ihhxxtchh…hihh-chmmpt, ixxchmmpt.” He caught Chase giving him a sharp look and sighed. “Huhrushhuhh, ruhhshehhh…uhhruhhshhh, hiiiruhhshahhhh.”

“Bless you.” Chase and Wilson turned to see Foreman hanging up his coat.

Wilson blushed slightly as he blew his nose. “Thanks. I’m supposed to let you know that you’re supposed to take House’s clinic duty today.”

Foreman sighed. “Figures. Feeling better?”

“Getting there. My ear’s still really bothering me, and I’m still a bit sniffly and sneezy. House will be back tomorrow; I don’t have any patients until this afternoon, so if you need anything, I’ll be in my office.” He stood up and turned to leave as Foreman poured himself a coffee and sat down to look over the file with Chase before leaving for the clinic

Wilson found himself quickly re-engrossed in his paperwork and lost all track of time. He also didn’t notice his growing fatigue or really notice when his head hit the desk in sleep.

Chase looked up as Foreman came back in and washed his hands. “I’m done with clinic duty. We can discuss the patient and the results from your tests after lunch.”

Chase nodded, rubbing his nose. “Sure. Regroup in about an hour, then.” Foreman nodded and left the room. Chase walked over to the kitchenette for the water he had started heating up before Foreman had come in and poured it over a tea bag. He knew Wilson probably wasn’t going to be very hungry, but he figured he’d bring him tea and try to talk him into going to the cafeteria and eat something.

Picking up the mug, he walked over to Wilson’s office, noticing that the lamp shone through the blinds. He knocked on the door and heard no response. Peeking through the blinds to see if Wilson was in his office, he momentarily froze when he saw Wilson slumped over on his desk. Reacting a second later, he tried the doorknob, relieved to find it unlocked and rushed in, setting the tea on a bookshelf.

“Wilson!” He shouted. “Wilson, are you ok?” He gently shook Wilson to get a response and was extremely relieved a few seconds later when Wilson looked at him, an extremely confused expression on his face.

“What’s wrong?” He yawned, trying to figure out what was going on.

“I saw you with your head down on your desk and panicked. I guess you fell asleep doing paperwork.”

Wilson blushed. “Sorry, must be more tired than I thought. I didn’t mean to scare you.” He sighed. “Hold – Hiihh-hiihrishh, uhhh-huhshhehhh…uhh-ushhuhhh, uhh-huhhshuuu.”

“Bless.” Chase crossed back over to the doorway and picked up the cup of tea he had set on the bookshelf, setting it on Wilson’s desk. He sat down on one of the chairs and looked at Wilson. “Feel up to lunch?”

Wilson took a long sip of tea. “Thanks.” He said, indicating the mug. “I am a little hungry, but I really should stay here and work on paperwork since I fell asleep.”

“Some food might help perk you up a little bit.” Chase pointed out. “When do you have a patient?”

“Umm, 1:30. What time is it?”

“It’s about 12:15. You can take a bit of time for lunch and then come back and get ready for the appointment. You should eat something.”

Wilson nodded, slowly standing up. “I should take some more cold medicine, too since I took it around 6.”

“What time did you get here?”

“Around 8.”

Chase shook his head. “It’s time for a break. And before you say anything, your nap doesn’t count. C’mon, let’s go get some food.”

He led Wilson down to the cafeteria and watched carefully as the older man ate a cup of soup and half a sandwich, not noticing that his own appetite wasn’t as it normally was.

:laugh::drool: I've already expressed my admiration...so nothing remains for me at this point than to say: MORE MORE MORE! :bleh: I would like to read the next part ! :laugh::cryhappy::P:twisted::blushing:

Thanks guys. There should hopefully be more later tonight if I stay focused lol. Sadly, this story's almost over (which makes me sad) but then there's the Chase-Centric sequel (which should turn out to be Chase-Centric despite the face that this was supposed to be House-Centric and lost it at times and the sequel makes me happy esp. as chunks of it are already being written :rolleyes:)

But as I get to write some Pissy!House for this next part, I'm excited.

Archived