Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneeze Fetishism Hereditary?

liricospinto

I'm pretty sure my brother has a thing for sneezing, too.

When we were playing (this is totally weird), sneezing was involved quite a lot. :laugh:

And he always seems a little different when the subject comes to sneezing. I don't know how to explain.....

But I'm too afraid to ask, just like you.

When I was that age, I wouldn't have dared immitate a sneeze in front of anyone. I do remember saving the pretend sneezes for my dolls and stuffed animals when I was all alone.

Me to..........me to! :laugh:

Barbies as well.

Guest G Sneeze
When I was that age, I wouldn't have dared immitate a sneeze in front of anyone. I do remember saving the pretend sneezes for my dolls and stuffed animals when I was all alone.

Me to..........me to! :laugh:

Barbies as well.

I actually did that with one of my childhood friends with our stuffed animals. I'd love to know if she has the fetish too, or if she was just going along with me for some other reason. :lmfao:

And I thought I was alone on that. I feel embarrassed to have come out on something similar to this. .___.U ... I had like a small stuffed bear, elephant, etc. I was also a spoiled brat, lol. XD :laugh:

Being adopted myself I can't say much regarding my parents. (But no evidence that [my adopted parents] had it in any case. Just to be clear.) But man - my three year old son? ALWAYS making the fake-sneeze sound. Someone sneezes, and he imitates it for like ten minutes after.

It's kind of annoying actually. :P

I can definitely relate. My three year old daughter does this CONSTANTLY! Drives me crazy! But, I htink for children, it is mostly just funny, and that's why they do it. I think if he did have it, he'd probably have a somewhat different recation when someone sneezed. When I was that age, I wouldn't have dared immitate a sneeze in front of anyone. I do remember saving the pretend sneezes for my dolls and stuffed animals when I was all alone.

So, does he or doesn't he? Guess you won't know for awhile. I really hope none of my children have it. I have three girls, and I wonder. I mean, I'd probably go ahead and be open about it, but (and this will sound selfish), I'd hate to end up having to share this fetish with any of them someday. Ya know? But then, I wouldn't want them to walk around their whole life, like I did, wondering what was wrong with them. It's quite the sticky situation for me.

By 6 or 7 I was deifintely too self-consious about it to imitate a sneeze.

At 3-4 though, I don't think I would have been enough aware to know any better.

I cannot read the kidlets stories with any sneezing in them- if it does by any chance- I try to rush past it. It is interesting though... they won't reference that they've sneezed if they did- they more likely will saying something about having coughed (and I don't Want the s.o. to correct them- because I don't want to think about it).

My daughter- last week was blessing the s.o. about 5 times in a row after She had sneezed which was odd and semi amusing. And then of course I had to wonder/worry a bit about if they were picking up something odd in that I Only bless the s.o. Hmmm... *trying not to dwell on this though* :P

I am one of those people who loves analyzing things with no single definitive answer (that are open-ended and have multiple interpretations), although for most of this thread, I've been playing around and not seriously analyzing.

re: nipple stimulation haha-- I detect strong sarcasm here, right count? Lord knows that I certainly agree with something that I think is a main point of some of your posts here - that unusual turn ons get labeled a fetish and people try to figure out what caused the turn on. However, no one tries to figure out why someone likes to kiss or whatever, except to say that it's natural and coded into our biology.

But even if our fetish is genetic, biological/evolutionary explanations can still be interesting.

It sounds to me, count, as though you may feel a nurtury explanation of the fetish is the same thing as calling us weird and deviant. I may be misinterpreting the gist of your points though. I don't think that a nurture explanation is akin to labeling us weirdos. At the same time, I think that many things that are genetic are labeled as birth defects and disabilities and so on. So I think that nature and nurture can both wind up labeled as deviant.

. . . .

And another thing; since apparently only some ladies get a sexual thrill from having their nipples stimulated [ although again it would seem to be an evolutionary advantage], we must assume that this pleasure is not inherent. So it must have been caused by some key event in their early lives [heaven knows what]; ...!

I tend to agree that early influences somehow give rise to our fetish. But I'm not of a philosophical bent, so for me, analyzing this is neither enjoyable nor productive, because there is no definitive answer. (Which is not to say that I disapprove of others analyzing it; whatever floats your boat; have at it.) :wub:

I am one of those people who loves analyzing things with no single definitive answer (that are open-ended and have multiple interpretations), although for most of this thread, I've been playing around and not seriously analyzing.

I'm all about giving people relatively definitive answers. . . .can't be a lawyer and not do that. :wub:

Right -- I study English literature -- you get the picture.

I'm all about giving people relatively definitive answers. . . .can't be a lawyer and not do that. :wub:

Yeah, but I was an English lit major undergrad. . . . guess law school beat that right out of me! :blushing:

:bounce: Too funny!

Yeah, but I was an English lit major undergrad. . . . guess law school beat that right out of me! :blushing:

I'm all about giving people relatively definitive answers. . . .can't be a lawyer and not do that. :yes:

Funny , really, many academics I've encountered have been utterly committed to a definite viewpoint; while lawyers often have to argue both sides of the same question; or is that just me being awkward?

re: nipple stimulation haha-- I detect strong sarcasm here, right count? Lord knows that I certainly agree with something that I think is a main point of some of your posts here - that unusual turn ons get labeled a fetish and people try to figure out what caused the turn on. However, no one tries to figure out why someone likes to kiss or whatever, except to say that it's natural and coded into our biology.

But even if our fetish is genetic, biological/evolutionary explanations can still be interesting.

It sounds to me, count, as though you may feel a nurtury explanation of the fetish is the same thing as calling us weird and deviant. I may be misinterpreting the gist of your points though. I don't think that a nurture explanation is akin to labeling us weirdos. At the same time, I think that many things that are genetic are labeled as birth defects and disabilities and so on. So I think that nature and nurture can both wind up labeled as deviant.

. . . .

And another thing; since apparently only some ladies get a sexual thrill from having their nipples stimulated [ although again it would seem to be an evolutionary advantage], we must assume that this pleasure is not inherent. So it must have been caused by some key event in their early lives [heaven knows what]; ...!

I tend to agree that early influences somehow give rise to our fetish. But I'm not of a philosophical bent, so for me, analyzing this is neither enjoyable nor productive, because there is no definitive answer. (Which is not to say that I disapprove of others analyzing it; whatever floats your boat; have at it.) :winkkiss:

I largely agree, sapphire, that a middle way is the answer, and can STILL lead to deviant labelling. I think that , starting from the usual position that I was a freak, the discovery of a hereditary factor made me feel at least that it wasn't "my fault"; and it seeems, stilll, the most obvious explanation; and I hadn't discovered Psychopathia Sexualis until much later.

As I said, it is al very odd; again, why should it be regarded as normal to like having your earlobes fondled but not your nose? It may be fashion; toesucking was not trendy till the Duchess of York, and The Last Emperor.

I think my mistrust of nurture arises from the "We are all equal" line; especially when it is coupled with cuddly Cartesian dualism; oops, I mean that it's heredity if you're beautiful or good at games or, oddly, music; but anything mental is nurture; our minds are tabulae rasae.

Recently, some eminent neurologists have been telling us that in fact it's all in the synapses, or somewhere [and geneticists in the genes]. In fact I recall that when boichemistry ruled the earth it was all hormones.

I see what you're saying count; it makes sense.

Funny , really, many academics I've encountered have been utterly committed to a definite viewpoint; while lawyers often have to argue both sides of the same question; or is that just me being awkward?

. . . .

I tend to agree that early influences somehow give rise to our fetish. But I'm not of a philosophical bent, so for me, analyzing this is neither enjoyable nor productive, because there is no definitive answer. (Which is not to say that I disapprove of others analyzing it; whatever floats your boat; have at it.) :P

I largely agree, sapphire, that a middle way is the answer, and can STILL lead to deviant labelling. I think that , starting from the usual position that I was a freak, the discovery of a hereditary factor made me feel at least that it wasn't "my fault"; and it seeems, stilll, the most obvious explanation; and I hadn't discovered Psychopathia Sexualis until much later.

As I said, it is al very odd; again, why should it be regarded as normal to like having your earlobes fondled but not your nose? It may be fashion; toesucking was not trendy till the Duchess of York, and The Last Emperor.

I think my mistrust of nurture arises from the "We are all equal" line; especially when it is coupled with cuddly Cartesian dualism; oops, I mean that it's heredity if you're beautiful or good at games or, oddly, music; but anything mental is nurture; our minds are tabulae rasae.

Recently, some eminent neurologists have been telling us that in fact it's all in the synapses, or somewhere [and geneticists in the genes]. In fact I recall that when boichemistry ruled the earth it was all hormones.

Archived