Cafe Bar Observation

rhinoceros

In a cafe bar with some friends recently, I heard a welcome sound from the table across the way, and looking across I saw a young woman, maybe mid-twenties, casually - maybe even scruffily - dressed - hunched over and studying a menu on the table before her with great concentration. The sound I had heard was the start of a snotty blow, and she was using a bunched up large and apparently well-used handkerchief, which appeared to be white with a striped border. She was blowing two-handed. As I looked over the blow changed from snotty to honking, and there was a kind of stereo effect as the blow changed from a wet blow through both nostrils, to a one-sided honk, and without a break in the honking sound she changed to the other nostril, finishing off with a quick wipe before returning the hanky to her pocket, her head not moving during what turned out to be quite a long loud honk.

Quite a nice and different treat, and they didn't put it on the bill!

Rhino

Quite a nice and different treat, and they didn't put it on the bill!

Rhino

My goodness, I wouldn't have minded if they did put it on the bill! A pretty young woman blowing her nose into a handkerchief with such gusto is a rare and wonderful sight! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

• 5 years later...

Archived