Sneeze Fetish Forum

Another Chase Drabble

aggedy_ann

The scene that was left out of Episode 3.21 (no major plot spoilers im my opinion though)

Fandom: House MD

Characters: All

Summary and Spoilers: This is the scene that should have been included in the episode, "Family." Takes place during ep. 3.21; Nothing is really spoiled except for the fact that Wilson and one of his wives owned a dog and House is taking care of it for the episode. But it’s not really crucial to the plot I don’t think…just crucial to the Chase abuse….Also I changed the end of the episode a bit so that House and Wilson both know that Wilson will be taking Hector with him. There’s a mention of the case from the episode but nothing specific as a bit from the end of the episode but it relates to the Hector subplot. Basically, this is just some allergic!Chase fun. :thumbup:

Disclaimer: Did this happen in the episode? Then, nope, I don’t own them. Also, "borrowed" a few elements from tma's Chase fics (the dog allergy and sneezing in triples)...hopefully I put them back in the right place and she doesn't mind :drool:

They had finished with Nick and Matty. They were resting comfortably and had been released into the care of different doctors until they could be discharged. So the team had returned to the office to finish recording the notes on that case and pick a new one from the files that sat on the table. Chase and Cameron sat next to each other with Foreman on the other end across from House.

They finished wrapping up the case notes and began sifting through files. “This could be interesting,” Cameron suggested. “28 year old female, muscle pain and weakness, head pain, no evidence of trauma…”

“Put it in the maybe pile. Foreman, what have you got?”

“14 year old boy, hallucinations. That’s about the best I can do.”

“And Chase?”

Chase looked up, rubbing his nose. “Not quite done yet.” He sniffled.

“Sorry. Forgot to have them translate the files into British for you.”

“They speak English…and I’m…” He paused, pressing his fist to his nose. “I’m Australian.”

“Just give me what you’ve got.”

Chase opened his mouth to respond and sneezed instead. “Eii-chuhh, chuhh…ehh-chhmm.

“I didn’t mean give me your germs.” House snapped. “I meant what’s in the file.”

Chase took the tissue Cameron offered him and softly blew his nose. “68 year old female…brief losses of vision and consciousness, no signs of seizure actihhh…ihhchuhh, ehhhchuhh, eii-ishhchh…seizure activity.” Swiping at his nose again, he stretched his feet out under the table and jumped as his feet made contact with a small body. Chase, Foreman and Cameron looked around as they heard a small yelp and an irritated growl. “Is there a dog id here?” Chase asked, now knowing where the sneezes had come from.

“He’s only going to be here for a little while. Suck it up Chasie-wasie, and get back to work.” House’s own special brand of sympathy.

Chase noticed Cameron sliding over a box of tissues as his head bent forward again. “Heyy-yushh, eii-yishh, ishhh…hithshchh, eitschoo, heh-chmmpt.”

“Bless.” Cameron gently patted his arm. “I think you should take off now. Do you want me to write you a scrip for anything.” She stood up with him as he sneezed again. “I’ll come with you to get your stuff.” Carrying the tissue box, she guided the sniffling, sneezing Wombat to the staff lounge. As they were already walking out, they could hear House grumbling about wusses on his team and Foreman already starting to berate him for his insensitivity and lack of concern for his employees.

Chase and Cameron entered the lounge, and Chase headed for his locker. “Do you need me to write you an antihistamine scrip?” Cameron fussed. Chase shook his head as he tried to get his eyes to stop watering so he could open his locker between sneezes. Watching him struggle and taking pity, Cameron told him to step aside. “Give me your com.”

“It’s…” He pressed the tissues to his nose. “Sevid, fourte…ehhchuhh, ehichh, iischh…fourteed, eleved. Hihh-chuhh, Chuhishh, eye-ishh.” When she had opened his locker, he stepped back in front of it, pulling a bottle of pills from the top shelf. Opening it and swallowing a pill, he groaned, blowing his nose again. He set the bottle back in the locker, ignoring Cameron as she took it back out and looked at it.

“Why do you have your allergy pills in your locker? Are you expecting House to routinely bring dogs into the office?”

Chase slumped down on the sofa. “Wouldn’t put it past him. I’m allergic to all animal dander. We routinely go into strangers’ houses.” “Eh-chuh, eihhchehh, hihhchuhh.” He accepted the fresh tissue from Cameron and nodded his thanks.

“Didn’t think of that. Are you going to be alright?”

“It’ll take awhile for the pill to take effect, but yeah. I’ll wait for the…” He sighed, pressing the tissues back at his nose. “Eichhmmt, chuhmmpt, heh-ehhchehh.”

“Wait for the sneezing to stop before you drive home?” Cameron finished for him. He nodded in agreement. “I’ll go talk to Cuddy…make sure maintenance cleans in there tonight.” She looked at the tissue box and frowned. Opening her locker, she pulled a travel packet from her purse. “Here, hopefully this will help the tissue supply hold out since it’ll take about half an hour for the meds to kick in.”

“At least.” Chase sniffled, blowing his nose again.

“Call me when you get home.” She told him, slipping quietly out of the room.

Chase sat there for a while, thankful that no one came in to witness his misery. The sneezing was starting to taper off, but that simply meant more torturous buildups. He groaned and ducked his head down towards the couch as a way of hiding when he heard the door open, relaxing slightly when he saw it was Wilson.

Wilson didn’t notice Chase when he first came in. He was on a mission: find his stethoscope. He began searching through the tables and cubbies until he was distracted by several wet sniffles. He turned to see a watery-red-eyed, pink-nosed Chase sitting there. “Are you okay?” He asked, not quite sure what was wrong with the man.

Chase nodded. “House…dog…allergic.” He stammered, face freezing as he waited for the oncoming sneezes. Wilson watched as Chase’s pink nostrils twitched for nearly 15 seconds before his head snapped forward into the tissues. “Ei-chuhh, huhchuhh, ihhshchuhh…chuhh…chushhh, hii-yushh. " He pushed his blonde hair out of his eyes and sighed.

“I’m sorry.” Wilson’s remorse showed on his face. “I had no idea. If I had even the slightest inkling you were allergic, I never would have had House bring him here. I would have picked him up at the apartment. He never said anything. Does he know? Stupid question, of course, he knew.”

“Not that he’d care enough to warn me.” Chase resisted the urge to scrub at his eyes and instead plucked the last tissue from the box to blot at the allergic tears welling up.

“Do you need an allergy pill? I can write a scrip…” Wilson was desperate to help.

“I took one. It’s started kicking in.” Noticing Wilson’s doubtful look, he sighed. “Look, I know I look awful, but really, I’m not as bad as I was.”

“I’d offer you a lift home, but I’m taking Hector back to Bonnie. I doubt you want to be in the car with him.”

Chase shook his head, nose crinkling in agony as he struggled with a stuck sneeze. “Thanks, but no.” He directed his head towards the light and waited. “Hihhh-Chehh! IhhChehh…Chehshehh.”

“Bless you. Do you need anything?”

“Do you think you could find me some more tissues?” He held up the travel pack Cameron had given him. “All I’ve got left, and I know it won’t last.”

Wilson reached into his trouser pockets and pulled out two more travel packs, one closer to empty and one unopened, and a handkerchief. Noticing Chase’s quizzical look, he explained. “I keep the tissues for patients and their families. Handkerchief is mine.” He set the tissues on the couch and held the handkerchief out towards Chase as he noticed the Aussie’s eyes start to flutter again. “It’s clean…carry it mainly out of habit, honestly.”

He pressed it into Chase’s hand as the younger man’s head lurched forward. “Hiihh-Chiihh!.” When Wilson had removed his hand from Chase’s, Chase pressed the handkerchief to his nose. “Ihh-chhuhh…eichihshh.” Chase blew his nose and looked at Wilson. “I didn’t sneeze on you, did I?”

Wilson shook his head. “Nope. Wouldn’t have mattered if you had…allergies aren’t contagious. Sure you’re going to be alright? Do you want a glass of water or anything?”

Chase shook his head, holding up the bottle of water Cameron had given him. “Alright then…I’ll go get Hector out of the hospital.” He headed for the door and stopped. “You haven’t seen my stethoscope by any chance.”

“Sorry.” Chase snuffled. “And thanks.” He held up the handkerchief. “I’ll bring this back tomorrow.”

“Whenever.” Wilson shrugged. “Like I said, I carry it mostly out of habit. Half the time, I’ve already used a tissue when I remember I have it.” Slipping out of the room as Chase’s allergic nose once more took control, he shook his head. House cou…no…should have told him.

He continued on his way to the diagnostics office, entering it as Cuddy stormed out, giving Wilson an angry look. Wilson faced House and gave him a pissy glare of his own. “You could have mentioned Chase was allergic to dogs!”

“Slipped my mind. You really want to be the fourth person to yell at me for that.”

“Cameron, apparently Cuddy, and who?”

“Foreman. Apparently, I should show some concern for the health conditions of my employees.”

“You think! Have you seen Chase?! The boy looks miserable.”

“Where is he?”

“He just left.” Wilson felt he owed it to Chase to not reveal his location to House just so the wombat could face more ridicule.

“Yeah…Cuddy’s making me pay to have the office carpet cleaned since I knew Chase had allergies and brought Hector in anyway. Blaming it all on me.”

“Gee…I wonder why.”

“I didn’t think he was that bad. He breaks into house’s with animals in them.”

“Yeah…I think he prepares for that potential by taking his pills first. You could have said something to him.”

“Like what?”

“Like Wilson’s picking his dog up here…take some Claritin before you come in the office.”

“I’ll bear that in mind for next time.”

“He’s quiet. He’s never this….Is that my stethoscope?” He asked, noticing what was in the dog’s mouth.

House frowned at Hector, throwing Wilson the leash. "Bad dog."

edited because I'm a flake and put the wrong name for Wilson's ex :blushing:

no prob.- they Definately should have put that in there... I mean come On! You've got to know that House would do that. :thumbup:

This part was my Fav. *grins like doof*

They are just TOO cute with each other. I mean... I love the thought of them together. Not together in slashy way **although I have read a couple that were fun** but... more like just like this where they are being all cute and nice to each other and stuff... co-commiserating.

“I’m sorry.” Wilson’s remorse showed on his face. “I had no idea. If I had even the slightest inkling you were allergic, I never would have had House bring him here. I would have picked him up at the apartment. He never said anything. Does he know? Stupid question, of course, he knew.”

“Not that he’d care enough to warn me.” Chase resisted the urge to scrub at his eyes and instead plucked the last tissue from the box to blot at the allergic tears welling up.

“Do you need an allergy pill? I can write a scrip…” Wilson was desperate to help.

“I took one. It’s started kicking in.” Noticing Wilson’s doubtful look, he sighed. “Look, I know I look awful, but really, I’m not as bad as I was.”

“I’d offer you a lift home, but I’m taking Hector back to Bonnie. I doubt you want to be in the car with him.”

Chase shook his head, nose crinkling in agony as he struggled with a stuck sneeze. “Thanks, but no.” He directed his head towards the light and waited. “Hihhh-Chehh! IhhChehh…Chehshehh.”

“Bless you. Do you need anything?”

“Do you think you could find me some more tissues?” He held up the travel pack Cameron had given him. “All I’ve got left, and I know it won’t last.”

Wilson reached into his trouser pockets and pulled out two more travel packs, one closer to empty and one unopened, and a handkerchief. Noticing Chase’s quizzical look, he explained. “I keep the tissues for patients and their families. Handkerchief is mine.” He set the tissues on the couch and held the handkerchief out towards Chase as he noticed the Aussie’s eyes start to flutter again. “It’s clean…carry it mainly out of habit, honestly.”

He pressed it into Chase’s hand as the younger man’s head lurched forward. “Hiihh-Chiihh!.” When Wilson had removed his hand from Chase’s, Chase pressed the handkerchief to his nose. “Ihh-chhuhh…eichihshh.” Chase blew his nose and looked at Wilson. “I didn’t sneeze on you, did I?”

Wilson shook his head. “Nope. Wouldn’t have mattered if you had…allergies aren’t contagious. Sure you’re going to be alright? Do you want a glass of water or anything?”

I absolutely loved this story.

And it's too hard for me to say what I loved the most, but can I just say this could have come off the show:

He never said anything. Does he know? Stupid question, of course, he knew.”

Archived