Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Distraction Before Dinner" (m) oneshot

tma

A/N I *do* have another story in *GASP* another fandom in the works.. but this bunny came and nipped at my heels until I wrote it, and *SHOCKED GASP* finished it.

Title: "Distraction Before Dinner"

Author: tma

Fandom: Durrrr... House

Disclaimer: I borrow... I don't own. No harm intented. I wish that I could make money off my obbession- but sadly- not. lol!

Spoilers: none

Rating: G (fluff alert)

Pairing: Wilson and Cuddy sitting in a tree... lol!

Summary: Wilson and Cuddy have a date and Wilson has a bit of a problem. I know... pretty plotless, but still... :P

Feedback: Is better than chocolate. Specific is crack. And anything with characters (if you know them) is gold. Thanks!

“A Distraction Before Dinner”

“He…here. These are for you.” Wilson stammered a bit as he handed the bouquet of gold, burgundy, and deep lavender flowers over to Cuddy. He kept his head slightly bowed, for some reason too afraid to look her full in the face, but yet he had to know what she thought of his offering.

He noticed the slight flush to her cheeks, the way that her mauve tinted lips parted into a small oval of surprise/ pleasure. “They… they’re gorgeous. The colors, the flowers… my favorites. Wilson…”

At that he looked her full in the face, and quirked his brow at the use of his last name. He was used to it at the office, and there it felt right, and appropriate. Never would she use his first name anywhere near House- which also was a good thing. House didn’t need extra bait. Somehow if he was picking her up to go out to dinner it didn’t seem right.

Lisa was always quick on her feet, and easily deciphered Wilson’s meaning. She cleared her throat, lowered her long lashes and amended, “James”. God he loved the way that she said it. It was almost a purr. Smart and devilish woman that she was, he knew that she knew exactly how much he enjoyed hearing her say it.

When she raised her eyes to his, James had to catch his breath at the sight of the sparkle in her wide brown eyes. “How did you…” she began.

Again, it was Wilson’s turn to be abashed, “I noticed that the arrangements in your office usually have sunflowers, roses, and hydrangeas. Not a usual combination. Very distinctive and breathtaking.” He was forgetting himself. Losing track of whether he was speaking about the flowers or about the woman holding them. “I..I’m glad that you like them” he murmured, rubbing absently at the back of his neck.

She leaned forward seductively, “I do”.

Wilson gave a low chuckle and scrubbed with the back of his right hand at his nose against a sudden flutter of soft, persistent tickles. There was something… But then Cuddy… Lisa (he had to keep reminding himself) backed up, turned to bring the flowers into the house, and it was forgotten as he became mesmerized by the gentle sway of her hips and the curves of her body.

She turned and beckoned him in. “I just have to put these in water and finish up a couple of things and I’ll be right with you.” Wilson nodded politely, being the type of person who liked to dress to impress he took things like a woman’s last minute primping ritual in stride. “Do you want a drink or anything?” she added belatedly, biting at the front of her lower lip at the fact that she hadn’t thought of that right off.

Wilson chuckled. “No thanks. I’m fine. Can I help with anything? I could take care of the flowers for you,” he offered helpfully.

She smiled a relaxed, genuine smile that lit up her face. If only he could put that smile on her face more often. Lisa was very driven, very busy, and gave so much to her job, that sometimes Wilson felt like she didn’t quite know how to be just her. Not that he was much better- his inner critic argued. She showed him where the vases where and thanked him.

“My pleasure,” he said gallantly. He went straight to work getting out a vase that would display the flowers to their best advantage, filling the vase with water, trimming the stems and arranging them just so.

He was finishing up when she came out, an admiring smile on her face. As she came closer she asked him, “Where are we going tonight?”

His breathing became uneven as some unknown persistent itch invaded his sinuses. He bit the tip of his tongue and struggled to say, “Luigi’s and th…then the siiii..symphony…excuse me” he turned away quickly and viciously squelched the trio of sneezes that came… “eXchmpt… eichphmt… KeiTchuh I’m sorry. Is that a good plan for the evening?” his ears burned, and he pressed on so as not to interrupt the evening.

Cuddy briefly debated blessing Wilson, but decided to let it go. She grabbed her coat to go, but then Wilson, ever the gentleman, deftly relieved her of it, and helped her into it.

“Thank you.” She murmured. “You’re good. You should teach a class or something.” She quipped.

“My pleasure. How do you know that I don’t?” he countered with a lift of one bushy eyebrow, and a gleam in his brown eyes- that immediately faded and became vacant as a look of sneezy desperation claimed his face. “eiiXtchmpt… hehTchmpt… KTchmpt… heh… sorry. “ he breathed, seeming to have lost the last one. These were suppressed too, with greater effort then the last set. A flush crept down his face and his eyes were watery.

“Bless. Are you alright?” she asked, looking him over with a cool, assessing gaze.

He nodded, looking down at his shoes. “I’m fine.” At her skeptical look, he threw up his hands and chuckled. “Honestly. Want to check my vitals?”

Cuddy studied him for a minute and then turned on her pump encased heel. The oncologist let out a soft, almost imperceptible sigh of relief. Then, as if to call his bluff, she turned, came in close and put a hand on his forehead. The thought of Cuddy playing mother hen to him was simultaneously amusing and endearing.

The moment that she drew close, he instantly found his breathing becoming erratic. Wilson’s nostrils twitched frantically and he struggled to keep his breathing as even as he could.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she removed her hand, “Well… you aren’t running a fever…”

“See? I’m f…eXcmpt, hmnxt, eitchmpt ‘cuse me.” At the expression on her face he threw up his hands and responded in exasperation. “Really.” He proclaimed- elongating the word.

“Well… you don’t look sick.” Cuddy said hesitantly, not wanting to miss their outing, but not wanting Wilson to feel worse.

She backed away and looked him over. “If you are fine then what is the matter?”

He ran a hand through his hair. “I’m really not sure.” He admitted.

“You’ve got to be allergic to something,” she pondered with an “I’ve got it” gleam in her eyes.

Wilson countered, “But I don’t have any allergies.”

Cuddy smirked, “People don’t sneeze that many times for no reason. Something seems to be aggravating you.” At the last two words, she lightly tapped a long, manicured fingernail on the tip of his nose.

As his fingers instinctively went up to pinch his quivering nostrils, she playfully batted his hand away.

“James,” she said shaking her head, making her deep brunette curls swing to and fro, “That isn’t good for you.”

He turned away quickly, barely putting up his arm as a shield, before giving into a small fit. “EiTchuh… huh.. ReTchuh… heeeehReiShuh…” it continued for half a minute. Deep, shuddering sneezes. When he was done, he wiped at his eyes. “Ugh… god… I…I’m sorry.”

She laughed. “You’re fine. Like I’ve never heard a fit? Did you forget that Mr. “I have hayfever- therefore I should get out of clinic duty” reports to me?”

Wilson shook his head and chuckled. Then he ran his fingers through his tousled brown hair. “I hope I wouldn’t be that bad.”

“You’re not. I’m just trying to figure this out.” She walked over to the counter to pour herself some water. She gestured to it, but he shook his head. “Were you having any problems earlier?”

“Nope. I’ve been fine.”

“The flowers!” she exclaimed.

The oncologist shrugged. “They don’t bother me in your office, and I didn’t even sniffle when I was putting them in the water.”

“What else?”

“You.” He said slowly, cheeks burning with embarrassment.

“What?” she was puzzled.

“Come here.”

She quirked a dark brow at his request, but spared him further embarrassment by stepping toward him.

As she drew closer, she saw his features transform. His jaw dropped, his lashes fluttered, his head seemed to irresistibly tilt back.

“Me?” she whispered.

He nodded and quickly turned away, “EiShuh… IsHuh.. EiTchuh…Chmpt. Pardon. Seems to be.”

“Bless.” She almost went to give him a sympathetic hug to ease his flustered misery, but then at the wry look that he gave her (he had read her intention) backed away.

“But what?” she wondered. “My shampoo… or my perfume? I’m not sure what I can do if it’s the shampoo, but if it’s the perfume I could wash it off.”

Wilson sent up a silent prayer that it was the perfume. At least until Cuddy shoved her wrist under his nose and sent him into another trembling fit of sneezes.

When he had finally finished, Cuddy regarded him warmly, “Bless. You poor guy. I hope that I’m not making you regret taking me out. I’ll wash up and I promise that I’ll be right back.”

Wilson sighed and nodded. “At least it wasn’t the shampoo.”

Oh is this the one that the forum "ate"? And...gasp! A new fandom??? Oh, I am insanely curious as to what the next story will bring, that's for sure! What could it be?

Now, on to proper feedback!

What the? You are making me LIKE Cuddy? What is the world coming to? There is something in the way that you write the description of her: for example the "sparkle in her eyes" that make her seem very human and makes me like her far more than I do on the show!

I don't know why but this line:

The oncologist shrugged. “They don’t bother me in your office, and I didn’t even sniffle when I was putting them in the water.”

just seemed like the cutest thing ever! And I liked the bit at the end about her putting her perfumed wrist under his nose to test it! :P

I'm not sure I know the characters well enough to say if they were specifically in character or not but from the episodes I've seen, it really seems to fit. I have some perceptions about Wilson's nervousness in this being totally in character for him. But I don't know his character very well and I don't want to draw conclusions that do not fit!

Simply Divine :yes:

Wilson....his nervousness was dead on. And Cuddy...so businesslike...having to get to the bottom of things, to Wilson's relief, I'm sure.

And his stifling...I can see him being more unrestrained when he is alone or with House or something like that...but other than that, even though he knows he shouldn't, he'd have to stifle for fear of seeming rude.

And of course he'd notice the flowers in her office.

And, gahh...the rubbing his neck...I just love it when he does that.

She turned and beckoned him in. “I just have to put these in water and finish up a couple of things and I’ll be right with you.” Wilson nodded politely, being the type of person who liked to dress to impress he took things like a woman’s last minute primping ritual in stride.

And of course he does. Because we know that he spent at least an hour in the bathroom making sure he looked just right. (Wilson...you know you did, don't give me that look.)

“My pleasure,” he said gallantly. He went straight to work getting out a vase that would display the flowers to their best advantage, filling the vase with water, trimming the stems and arranging them just so.

Okay...that is just adorable...and Hot.

“Thank you.” She murmured. “You’re good. You should teach a class or something.” She quipped.

“My pleasure. How do you know that I don’t?” he countered with a lift of one bushy eyebrow, and a gleam in his brown eyes- that immediately faded and became vacant as a look of sneezy desperation claimed his face. “eiiXtchmpt… hehTchmpt… KTchmpt… heh… sorry. “ he breathed, seeming to have lost the last one. These were suppressed too, with greater effort then the last set. A flush crept down his face and his eyes were watery.

“Bless. Are you alright?” she asked, looking him over with a cool, assessing gaze.

He nodded, looking down at his shoes. “I’m fine.” At her skeptical look, he threw up his hands and chuckled. “Honestly. Want to check my vitals?”

Cuddy studied him for a minute and then turned on her pump encased heel. The oncologist let out a soft, almost imperceptible sigh of relief. Then, as if to call his bluff, she turned, came in close and put a hand on his forehead. The thought of Cuddy playing mother hen to him was simultaneously amusing and endearing.

The moment that she drew close, he instantly found his breathing becoming erratic. Wilson’s nostrils twitched frantically and he struggled to keep his breathing as even as he could.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she removed her hand, “Well… you aren’t running a fever…”

“See? I’m f…eXcmpt, hmnxt, eitchmpt ‘cuse me.” At the expression on her face he threw up his hands and responded in exasperation. “Really.” He proclaimed- elongating the word.

OMG...just adored this bit. His humor and her calling him on it.

Wilson countered, “But I don’t have any allergies.”

Cuddy smirked, “People don’t sneeze that many times for no reason. Something seems to be aggravating you.” At the last two words, she lightly tapped a long, manicured fingernail on the tip of his nose.

As his fingers instinctively went up to pinch his quivering nostrils, she playfully batted his hand away.

“James,” she said shaking her head, making her deep brunette curls swing to and fro, “That isn’t good for you.”

He turned away quickly, barely putting up his arm as a shield, before giving into a small fit. “EiTchuh… huh.. ReTchuh… heeeehReiShuh…” it continued for half a minute. Deep, shuddering sneezes. When he was done, he wiped at his eyes. “Ugh… god… I…I’m sorry.”

She laughed. “You’re fine. Like I’ve never heard a fit? Did you forget that Mr. “I have hayfever- therefore I should get out of clinic duty” reports to me?”

Of course you don't, Wilson. :rolleyes: And her tapping his nose, just yummy. And I can just see his embarassment at the attack in front of her. And I love how he barely had time to shield them. And in his embarassment, I can see him forgetting that she deals with House on a daily basis, not to mention she's a doctor and has undoubtably seen worse than a few sneezes.

Wilson sent up a silent prayer that it was the perfume. At least until Cuddy shoved her wrist under his nose and sent him into another trembling fit of sneezes.

When he had finally finished, Cuddy regarded him warmly, “Bless. You poor guy. I hope that I’m not making you regret taking me out. I’ll wash up and I promise that I’ll be right back.”

Wilson sighed and nodded. “At least it wasn’t the shampoo.”

Mmmm...a bit of gratuitous Wilson torture there...in the interest of science of course. And I'm sure she'll make it up to him for the beginning turning out so badly. Poor Wilson. (I love it but I do feel bad for him sometimes...just makes it more endearing :rolleyes:)

This was awesome...I had to read it three times before I could start taking it all in.

Again, don't watch this show, but LOVE this fic! Just brilliant, tma! :yes:

I've never watched House, but this story really makes me want to watch it. (Goes to find the TV Screen to find when it's on. . . . ) What a great fic, tma! Totally brilliant. And I'd say that even if it weren't about allergies. . . . .

It's midnight, so this will royally suck as far as reviews go, but I felt you needed one as soon as I read it.

And um, I don't think any of this is in order. :wub:

I can totally picture Wilson teaching a class in flower arranging. Not sure how well that bodes for Wilson though...

I definately thought he'd be allergic to the flowers, which is a bot contrived. This was way better.

I hate Cuddy/Wilson, but I liked it when you wrote it. You captured them both well and meshed them perfectly. I enjoyed their allergy banter.

Pinching his nose to try to stifle? :drool:

Yes, clearly the Wilson muses must be obeyed, even when plotting for some secret fandom. They will not be denied.

Oh My God! I love the rubbing his neck part. So Wilson!

Overall an adorable story. This review didn't give justuce to how much I love Wilson it.

Awww, I really enjoyed reading that dear, particularly this exchange:

He noticed the slight flush to her cheeks, the way that her mauve tinted lips parted into a small oval of surprise/ pleasure. “They… they’re gorgeous. The colors, the flowers… my favorites. Wilson…”

At that he looked her full in the face, and quirked his brow at the use of his last name. He was used to it at the office, and there it felt right, and appropriate. Never would she use his first name anywhere near House- which also was a good thing. House didn’t need extra bait. Somehow if he was picking her up to go out to dinner it didn’t seem right.

Lisa was always quick on her feet, and easily deciphered Wilson’s meaning. She cleared her throat, lowered her long lashes and amended, “James”. God he loved the way that she said it. It was almost a purr. Smart and devilish woman that she was, he knew that she knew exactly how much he enjoyed hearing her say it.

When she raised her eyes to his, James had to catch his breath at the sight of the sparkle in her wide brown eyes. “How did you…” she began.

Again, it was Wilson’s turn to be abashed, “I noticed that the arrangements in your office usually have sunflowers, roses, and hydrangeas. Not a usual combination. Very distinctive and breathtaking.” He was forgetting himself. Losing track of whether he was speaking about the flowers or about the woman holding them. “I..I’m glad that you like them” he murmured, rubbing absently at the back of his neck.

She leaned forward seductively, “I do”.

Wilson gave a low chuckle and scrubbed with the back of his right hand at his nose against a sudden flutter of soft, persistent tickles. There was something… But then Cuddy… Lisa (he had to keep reminding himself) backed up, turned to bring the flowers into the house, and it was forgotten as he became mesmerized by the gentle sway of her hips and the curves of her body.

It's the way they are so used to being professional and using surnames that it is difficult to "switch gear" into a social situation that's the sort of attention to detail that I particularly like about your fiction. LOL...And it's the sort of thing that's pretty much guaranteed to make me warm to a character.

Archived