A Hanky A Day?

rhinoceros

For those of us who prefer handkerchiefs to tissues, do you always replace the hanky in your pocket / bag / sleeve / cleavage / purse / whatever daily? If it's been lightly used, are you likely to use it for another day? If it's not been used, do you replace it anyway?

Myself, I will reuse a hanky that's been only lightly used - always making sure that I have a clean spare.

Rhino

Hi Rhino

I use a fresh hanky every day. Even if I have only used the hanky once for a light blow I still prefer to leave the house with a clean one in my pocket. If I have a cold or allergies then I will often use one hanky during the day and then grab a clean one if I'm going out for the evening. I haven't ever carried more than one hanky on me at a time though when my allergies are next really bad I may, though I guess a more common sense approach would be to take a few of those pocket packs of tissues. ;)

HH

For those of us who prefer handkerchiefs to tissues, do you always replace the hanky in your pocket / bag / sleeve / cleavage / purse / whatever daily? If it's been lightly used, are you likely to use it for another day? If it's not been used, do you replace it anyway?

Myself, I will reuse a hanky that's been only lightly used - always making sure that I have a clean spare.

Rhino

I always carry two hankies. I take a fresh hanky daily, even if it's been only lightly used. If the second hanky hasn't been used at all, I'll carry it for a second or even third day. Usually by this time I'll have found some reason to use it, then I'll start the next day with two clean ones.

Oh-oh... I'm starting to feel unhygienic...

Rhino

Please don't feel bad, each of us needs to decide on our own hanky habits; the main thing is to use your hanky!

• 3 months later...

I only change my hankie about once a month but I don 't really use it that much. The thing is, I' m embarassed to use a tissue in public so I always carry a hankie around. But when I 'm alone I blow my nose with tissues. In fact I only take a clean hanky when I' ve blown my nose in public a few times (which doesn' t happen that much).

I always put a clean one in my pocket each day, even the previous one has been used a couple of times. It's all part of my morning routine, putting on my trousers then opening up a draw and getting a handkerchief.

Rhino

if I am at home with a cold and using a hanky, I might use the same one for several days ( cuts down on laundry) but if I am out in public with a cold will change to a fresh hanky daily

I will take the lightly used hanky with me again the next day . If i have a cold/allergies I'll take a second hanky but otherwise I get by with just one.

Archived