Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ironing

A big collection

Yes. And yes. I either iron them when they are still damp from the washer, and then spray them after with orange blossom water, or I dry them in the clothes dryer, spray them with orange blossom water to dampen them, and then iron them dry. They come out smooth and have a very light fragrance to them. No starch. Never.

I always dry them in the clothes dryer, and iron them too. About that specific drawer : I have got several. There is the bedside drawer, but also one in the room where I iron (I need them there), and even in my desk at work I keep a (secret) stock. And isn't there a place in my car where I keep several too ...

C

I always wash them then put them in the tumble dryer to dry and then iron them. I always iron them so that I fold it in half lengthwise then fold it across for the next fold so I'm left with a quarter then fold again and again. I always prefer this as then I can easily open up just a quarter and blow then re fold.

I always keep them in a seperate drawer, the only other thing this drawer contains is some fragrances and cufflinks, though now my hanky collection has grown to around 40, they're taking up more room and I'll need to re-home the frangrances and other stuff soon!

Can't imagine how you store hankies if they're unironed as they don't lay flat in the drawer or in your pocket, and never in my opinion, look clean!

HH

Do people iron their handkerchiefs and do you have a specific drawer which you put them in ?

I never iron mine. If I fold them carefully after taking them out of the dryer, they tend to flatten on their own. And I like them to have a little bit of "body" in my pocket, which they tend to lose if oppressively ironed. :-)

Like most other people here l always iron them and they are all kept in a seperate draw. However l always unfold them before l put them in my pocket as l too like some 'body' in my trouser pocket and do not like it too flat!

Like most other people here l always iron them and they are all kept in a seperate draw. However l always unfold them before l put them in my pocket as l too like some 'body' in my trouser pocket and do not like it too flat!

Hmmmm, that's funny that you do that. Why bother with ironing, one would think. But nice that you're specific in your preferences. I iron and don't like bulging pockets, bu then I'm not a conspicuous handkerchief user. I tend to be discrete about blowing my nose.

Take care,

C.

C'mon guys, we've evolved! Why do people iron things? Life's too short. There are more fun ways to spend your time. When the martians arrive they will roll their eyes - all 6 of 'em - that we do something as pointless as ironing.

That is all.

Archived