Have you ever been blessed...

haeeshoo

The other day at work, a colleague passed by my table

and blessed me for sneezing. Only one problem: I never sneeze audibly in public...

Of course it was a different colleague who sneezed.

I was (too) quick to (fiercely) deny that the sneeze had been mine, but afterwards I thought this

must have seemed like a weird reaction... after all... in non-fetishist people's mind, what

does it matter who sneezed? I guess I experienced instant panic... :yes:

Anyway, has it happened to you? How did you react?

How would you react?

YES! For some reason a couple times in the past my parents have thought some of my coughs were sneezes. Uh, no. It kind of ticked me off (and still ticks me off on the rare occasions I do cough in public and people bless me). I'm always like, "I didn't sneeze..." and end up feeling kind of embarrassed. And annoyed. And...argh. Why can't people just say nothing? (Or do as I do and say "Don't die" when someone sneezes or coughs - it works all-around!)

hahaha. I say that to my gf when she coughs or sneezes. People always bless me for coughing too, yet it's never noticed when i actually do sneeze...

Yes, this has happened to me before. The funny part is, I very rarely sneeze in front of other people. Last summer, I was on the phone with a friend of mine and she said something funny. I laughed, only it was more like a snort. Immediately, she politely said, "Oh, bless you!" I laoughed and said, "I didn't sneeze, but thank you." I explained that I had laughed. It was nice of her to bless me, though, Very cute.

Oh sure. I've had times where I have been blessed and never sneezed. :)

I've also had a time where I was blessed right before I was about to sneeze and cuz of that I lost it. ;)

Haha. Yeah. I walked completely innocently into the kitchen the other day, and my mother immediately asked me if I had just been sneezing. I had not. WTF was that about? I, of course, denied it far too strenuously, but my mum is one of these people who makes a BIG DEAL out of sneezing. Very annoying. So apparently now she's starting to imagine hearing me sneeze, even though I never, ever do in front of her, and definitely stifle whenever either of my parents are in the house. I don't know. Mums, eh? :twisted:

ETA: Utterly OT, but oohh, 200 posts at long last, and OMG I'm finally a member instead of a poster! It's only taken me four years :laugh:

I have been blessed for:

• Coughing
  • Sniffling
  • Rubbing my nose
  • Someone else sneezing next to me

Bah, I can't stand it when that happens. If I cough, I actually make sure to put a few extras in there so that everyone KNOWS I was coughing! :twisted: I find this helps.

Whenever someone does that to me, I admit I'm a little "cool" about it. I won't hesitate to inform the person that I didn't sneeze and further more, I will usually add that a blessing is a waste of time anyway, since I have no soul. :innocent: People usually refrain from saying ANYTHING to me about it EVER again. :twisted:

~Aku

One time at work someone randomly blessed me in front of a fuck ton of people. I don't know what she heard that made her think I sneezed, because I didn't hear anything, and I have radar ears when it comes to sneezing.

What made it worse was the way she said it. It was all emphatic, like I'd done something profound and stunning. She was like "BLESS you!" So I stood there stammering like a moron. I don't even like to say the word "sneeze." So even though my mind was screaming "I didn't sneeze!" I couldn't make myself say it. I'm stoopid. :P

That's a tough situation for people who hate the whole public sneezing thing (like me too).

I've never been blessed for a sneeze that I didn't sneeze, but I have accidentally blessed someone else for a realistic sounding fake sneeze because I wasn't following the conversation closely enough. Duh! It made me feel stupid.

One time at work someone randomly blessed me in front of a fuck ton of people. I don't know what she heard that made her think I sneezed, because I didn't hear anything, and I have radar ears when it comes to sneezing.

What made it worse was the way she said it. It was all emphatic, like I'd done something profound and stunning. She was like "BLESS you!" So I stood there stammering like a moron. I don't even like to say the word "sneeze." So even though my mind was screaming "I didn't sneeze!" I couldn't make myself say it. I'm stoopid. :P

This has happened twice to me and it didn't freak me out or embarrass me at all, only cause it was my partner and I WISH I could sneeze in front of her, so...although I did both times correct her and say no, I didn't actually sneeze, I didn't mind that she thought I had momentarily.

One time was on the phone. I coughed and it made that sort of too-close-to-the-phone muffled sound that could be anything from a cough, sneeze, burp, laugh, snort, etc. She said "bless you" sort of distractedly and I said, no that was a cough.

Then the other time was in bed, and I yawned and she said, half asleep, "bless you" and I said "What?" And she said, "bless you. You sneezed" and I said, "No I didn't. I yawned" but she'd already fallen asleep again. LOL.

It'd happend to me... someone next to me sneezed in school and the teacher blessed me instead :o I got so mad and kind of flipped out... got sent to the principal's office... I seriously got sent there... of course I was a trouble maker in school to begin with (and I'm embarressed about being a trouble maker now... my past cost me my future :winkkiss: ). I've changed since then though, I was 12 when this happened.

Happened to me before in an airplane. Someone behind me sneezed and the guy in front of me turned around and blessed me. O.o''

C thinks it's funny to bless me for stupid, random things. Like yawning. Or clearing my throat. Or stretching. Anything that DOES NOT sound like a sneeze nets me a blessing.

...And nets him a slap!! All in good fun, though.

The other day at work, a colleague passed by my table

and blessed me for sneezing. Only one problem: I never sneeze audibly in public...

Of course it was a different colleague who sneezed.

I was (too) quick to (fiercely) deny that the sneeze had been mine, but afterwards I thought this

must have seemed like a weird reaction... after all... in non-fetishist people's mind, what

does it matter who sneezed? I guess I experienced instant panic... :yes:

Anyway, has it happened to you? How did you react?

How would you react?

I can't remember it ever happening to me, but if it did I would find it amusing. I wonder though what the reaction would be for someone who never sneezes in front of anyone else ? Embarrassment for having been thought to sneeze or satisfaction that someone could think that you had.

I've also had a time where I was blessed right before I was about to sneeze and cuz of that I lost it. :winkkiss:

I shared an office (in my army days) with a girl who used to growl and snap at me for even looking at her right before she had to sneeze for scaring it away :omg: she used to protest about being blessed before sneezing (which I never do) and accused me of thinking about blessing her (which my my stupid grin grow wider :laugh:) good times :P

But to answer the original question, never been blessed for a sneeze I didn't sneeze, but I've been blessed for coughing, but just by one friend who does that, I've tried reasoning about how blessing's for sneezing and not coughing but we always end up at a dead end on that one :twisted:

Archived