Sneeze Fetish Forum

advice/help

Guest hollywoodx

Guest hollywoodx

Ok this may seem like an odd question but can anyone give me some tips or ways on how to make people sneeze wihtout them knowing im trying to .. yeah that sounds evil lol. but yeah if you can think of anythin please tell me =D

why not? is it that bad?

It does have potential to be dangerous with not knowing how people will react to irritants/allergens.

The only method I'll advocate is the the looking at people and thinking "sneeze" in your head. Granted, it doesn't work that often, but when it does, it's nice.

My advice is don't even try.

Yeah, she's got damn good advice!

why not? is it that bad?

It's just not very polite to try to make people sneeze without their knowledge. It'd almost be like violating them in a way, I think.

I guess my best advice would be to find someone who might be willing to indulge you. There are certainly many forum members you could chat with, get to know, and then perhaps do that for each other. Ya know? We have lots of super-nice people on here that are more than willing to share.

why not? is it that bad?

If you don't know the person really well, it's hard to say whether you might hurt them. Like Brigidmn said, you don't know how they'll react to certain irritants. And even if they don't have a bad physical reaction, they might get really pissed off if they catch you. Some people might even consider it a type of assault. And if you do know the person really well, it's still probably a good idea to get their consent. I'm not trying to be a fuddy duddy by discouraging you. But the fetish isn't worth getting in trouble over.

That's not "evil." That's just flat out unethical, not to mention disrespectful and thoughtless. Think about this...

Say someone had a fetish for coughing. Would you appreciate them coming up to you and trying to make you hack your lungs out? Sneezing may be sexy to us, but it can be an annoying (and sometimes even painful) experience for someone with severe allergies.

I am of the opinion that whatever you put into this world, you get it back. Think about that for a while. :blink:

~Aku

Guest hollywoodx

well thats why i asked for the advice wich i understand what everyones saying. so ive decided not to do it. and i hope i dont come off as "disrespectful" to anyone now. its not liek that.

There are some moral considerations here but I think sometimes they get a little overinflated. Making someone sneeze independently of their own will in this kind of instance is arguably more ethical than a practical joke, if you take intentions into consideration (because it could be argued that the pleasure that comes from a personal affinity for something is better than the purely sadistic pleasure that characterizes a practical joke) and equally unethical if you do not take intentions into consideration. So your attitude toward this issue should be pretty much identical to your attitude toward practical jokes.

I have to say, I like Resolution's take on the situation.

While I wouldn't deliberately try to make someone sneeze, I wonder about the practicality of ethics and this fetish . . . if one is strictly and truly ethical about making people sneeze, one would feel quite badly about joyful anticipation of allergy season, wouldn't one? Granted, that is not in our direct control, but still . . . there is an element of this fetish that borders on schadenfreude, whether we are deliberately causing people to suffer or not ... when we do not know a sneezer or the sneezer's feelings about things, we are likely to be taking pleasure from someone's suffering -- particularly those of us who enjoy embarrassed sneezers. I don't think it's possible for this fetish to be entirely ethical.

Sneezing powder is outlawed in many areas not just because of what was in it (in some cases), but also because of the reactions it caused in some individuals over a little "joke." I am sorry, but I do take this very seriously because it's almost like "abuse" of the fetish to me. If the person knows you have the fetish and you're being silly with it, that's different. However, making a total stranger sneeze is not wise for more reasons than one. I stand firm on that.

Of course, everyone is entitled to think as they like, but this is why I feel the way I do. :)

~Aku

While I wouldn't deliberately try to make someone sneeze, I wonder about the practicality of ethics and this fetish . . . if one is strictly and truly ethical about making people sneeze, one would feel quite badly about joyful anticipation of allergy season, wouldn't one? Granted, that is not in our direct control, but still . . . there is an element of this fetish that borders on schadenfreude, whether we are deliberately causing people to suffer or not ... when we do not know a sneezer or the sneezer's feelings about things, we are likely to be taking pleasure from someone's suffering -- particularly those of us who enjoy embarrassed sneezers. I don't think it's possible for this fetish to be entirely ethical.

Good point, liricospinto! Personally I've always been quite disturbed by the idea of taking enjoyment from someone else's suffering like this, was it fictuous or not (it's still the same reaction). On the other hand, it looks to me like for many people a big part of the fetish has to do with nurturing instinct and such - hardly unethical. Well, go to movies and you see personal and big-scale catastrophes, broken hearts, senseless violence etc, and the audience is enjoying. After all I doubt that many of us really did want the world to be a happy, care-free place - looks like suffering has it's rightful place. Makes a whole mess of confused ethics, though. I like to think that the will of observing someone else's suffering and to feel pity/empathy etc stems from some basic need to bond with other people. (hope this made sense :) )

i know lol. i just diddnt want ppl to think i was careles or something.

I hope you don't feel jumped on. If it's any consolation, I'm sure there are people in this group who would sneeze for you -- and even pretend that it was you who was making them sneeze.

i know lol. i just diddnt want ppl to think i was careles or something.

I hope you don't feel jumped on. If it's any consolation, I'm sure there are people in this group who would sneeze for you -- and even pretend that it was you who was making them sneeze.

Who are these people? Do I know them?

[Oops; I'm not at all disappreciating those wonderfully kind people who have sent me .wavs.....]

But why are we talking about people suffering? Most people are not even aware that they sneeze. And many, feticshists or not, enjoy sneezing. In fact I've read that it is normal for children to enjoy sneezing, a natural and relieving reflex, until perhaps cultural taboos take over. I suspect that really very few people actually dislike sneezing, though they may dislike other symptoms of disease.

Well, I don't think anyone would object to the delicious smell of airfreshener, so I shall continue to use it, especially in areas where there is a lot of dust.

Guest hollywoodx

well one thing that i forgot to say before was it wasnt jsut to make anyone sneeze, just one person i know well. i wasnt going to go around making everyone do it. i was just curious.

Count . . . I don't know anyone (non-fetishist) who actually enjoys having a cold or an allergy attack. I agree that most people don't mind regular sneezing, but the type of sneezing that many fetishists seek is often connected with discomfort.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with that. However, I do think that being "ethical" about the fetish is a leetle bit on the ridiculous side. Responsible, yes . . . but if, as a fetishist, I take pleasure in seeing/hearing someone have a miserable hay-fever sneezing fit (and I do take pleasure in that, unapologetically) then in my opinion, I'm really not much more ethical than someone who would consider it OK to induce someone without his or her being aware of it. I don't think there's any way around the knowledge that the person whose sneezing I'm enjoying is probably uncomfortable, possibly embarrassed, and certainly wishing it would stop. I would call that a form of suffering.

My only point is that it seems to me to be easy to take what is actually a nonexistent high ground in regard to ethics and the fetish. Granted, that is my opinion, and in saying so, I mean no disrespect to those who feel otherwise. For myself, I don't feel badly about enjoying sneezing, and in my case, there is absolutely nothing nurturing or caretaking about my enjoyment of male sneezing; I don't find it endearing, or cute, and it doesn't bring out the nurse or mother in me . . . so I can't excuse it by saying that my enjoyment of sneezing is empathy-related. And honestly? If I thought I could induce someone safely without their knowing about it, I'd probably do it. I wouldn't do it with sneezing powder, etc., but if I knew that someone I was dating had an allergy to a certain kind of scent, soap, etc., chances are that I would accidentally deliberately wear it. I don't see that as more unethical than enjoying an allergy fit that I wasn't involved in causing.

Again, just my take on it, and I realize that the official position of the forum regarding inducing is different than my own.

Eh, I like suffering. A LOT. Bring on the misery! I'm a cold-whore at heart and SUFFER, dammit.....!

However....we have had a few individuals on this forum who have used residual clouds of pepper spray to "secretly induce" people as well as some who have even introduced allergens into air conditioners. I'm sorry....that's going too far.

Now, my mate is allergic to cats. Do I hold the cats and then hug him? Uh, YES. He picks up the cats as well, though. I don't go to extremes to see/make him sneeze. I'd much rather him just start on his own with no "prompting" from me. If he's allergic to something, do I wear it? Sometimes. I feel naughty and I like it. I can wash off the perfume or change my shirt at any time and I never let him get TOO miserable. Plus, he's in on it. He knows I'm doing it. He allows it. It's give and take.

There are some things that I simply WILL NOT do, however. If I'm sick, I won't "try" to give it to him. If I know he's not feeling well, I won't "try" to make him allergic. I wouldn't mess up our AC with pollen just to hear him sneeze. That's too damned far.

It's when people start doing things like this that cause me to have a problem. So no, I'm not being ridiculous when I speak of those particular ethics regarding the fetish. There ARE ethics involved and some people cross the boundary between "having the fetish" and "controlled by the fetish" in extreme ways.

~Aku

Count . . . I don't know anyone (non-fetishist) who actually enjoys having a cold or an allergy attack. I agree that most people don't mind regular sneezing, but the type of sneezing that many fetishists seek is often connected with discomfort.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with that. However, I do think that being "ethical" about the fetish is a leetle bit on the ridiculous side. Responsible, yes . . . but if, as a fetishist, I take pleasure in seeing/hearing someone have a miserable hay-fever sneezing fit (and I do take pleasure in that, unapologetically) then in my opinion, I'm really not much more ethical than someone who would consider it OK to induce someone without his or her being aware of it. I don't think there's any way around the knowledge that the person whose sneezing I'm enjoying is probably uncomfortable, possibly embarrassed, and certainly wishing it would stop. I would call that a form of suffering.

My only point is that it seems to me to be easy to take what is actually a nonexistent high ground in regard to ethics and the fetish. Granted, that is my opinion, and in saying so, I mean no disrespect to those who feel otherwise. For myself, I don't feel badly about enjoying sneezing, and in my case, there is absolutely nothing nurturing or caretaking about my enjoyment of male sneezing; I don't find it endearing, or cute, and it doesn't bring out the nurse or mother in me . . . so I can't excuse it by saying that my enjoyment of sneezing is empathy-related. And honestly? If I thought I could induce someone safely without their knowing about it, I'd probably do it. I wouldn't do it with sneezing powder, etc., but if I knew that someone I was dating had an allergy to a certain kind of scent, soap, etc., chances are that I would accidentally deliberately wear it. I don't see that as more unethical than enjoying an allergy fit that I wasn't involved in causing.

Again, just my take on it, and I realize that the official position of the forum regarding inducing is different than my own.

I think we essentially agree, lirico. Just popping back to say that the late Enoch Powell {a uk politician and scholar] claimed that he really enjoyed having a cold; but then he also said that he performed better on a full bladder, so as well as being a nutter, he may have had various semi fetishes. It seems likely that non-fetishists who enjoy sneezing also enjoy having hay fever; I have got that impression from some people.

If you know someone is going to sneeze anyway, it seems silly not to arrange fro them to sneeze in your presence; why should they sneeze in a pub lavatory when the same sort of airfreshener and the like can be provided in more comfortable surroundings? I am NOT suggesting random public attacks on complete strangers, and I agree that anything of that nature is unwise in the extreme. But it doesn't seem to me that one should go without pepper for fear that it might make someone else at the table sneeze.

Archived