The Unfinished Sneeze

gonnasneeze

I was just wondering after listening to many WAVs, how common unfinished sneezes are. By unfinished sneezes I mean ones where the first syllable is pronounced but the next syllable never arrives.

It’s like. . .

“Uhh. . .HUTT. . .(???)”

or

“Uhh. . .HUTTtsssssssssch!. . .(???). . .”

Please share whether you. . .

1. Sometimes or frequently sneeze this way.

2. Encounter those who do

3. You enjoy hearing aborted sneezes.

4. You like or dislike it when you sneeze this way.

I think it can be cute sometimes, but it gets annoying when it happens to me. I wouldn't say it turns me off, but it's just bothersome.

1. Sometimes or frequently sneeze this way.

uhm....i guess about half the time i do, as i tend to stifle a bit, like if im working in the lab and cant use my hands to smother or something. ill cut off the last syllable in hopes of catching the whole thing.

2. Encounter those who do

uhm....most of the people i know tend to just either let them out, so...i dont really encounter it often...

3. You enjoy hearing aborted sneezes.

ok....so especially if its part of multiples....like one full one, and then one missing syllable....oh MAN does that get me going.....*drools thinking about it* because i just sit there waiting for it....

4. You like or dislike it when you sneeze this way.

i dont have any preference......i guess it only matters if im sneezing for someone and they have a prefernce... *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I rarely ever sneeze, and when I do I rarely ever sneeze twice. However, when I do sneeze twice in a row, I sometimes feel a third coming on...but I nearly always abort it. It is like my body doesn't want to give me the pleasure of sneezing three times in a row lol.

For some reason though, I find aborted sneezes exceedingly humiliating. For me, sneezing in public is bad enough, but building up a sneeze in public and not finishing it is just so embarrassing!!! Does anyone else feel this way?

Guest LadyErisana

I had the same incident this morning. I very rarely sneeze myself, and today for some reason I decided to sneeze twice and i swore i was going to sneeze a third one, but i managed to stall it. I also hate sneezing in public lol!

Archived