Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I'm reading more comics. Preacher by Garth Ennis. It's one of those things that's probably bound to offend everybody. But it has great characterization and good plots (so far; I've only read the first volume) so there's plenty of substance too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Just finished "The Book of The Dead", by Patricia Cornwell, and really hope the following books are better... :(

Reasonable Doubt by Wayne Howell. Good book, about weird crimes and so on :P I do love my true crime books...I have one on criminal psychology I'm going to read next :o

The Harlot's Handbook - Harris' List, by Hallie Rubenhold.

It was a present from someone who didn't know what the title meant but saw the words Jane Austen and Darcy on the back and thought: ooh, Darcy, she'll like that. :)

I've read the introduction now and it actually seems interesting... and quite amusing. :lol:

Reading Stephen King's "IT" again... for what's surely the 100th time. My first King. It was love at first sentence. :laugh:

Reading Stephen King's "IT" again... for what's surely the 100th time. My first King. It was love at first sentence. :heart:

I adore Stephen King, but this book scared me so badly I can't keep my copy in the bedroom... :)

I'm re-reading "Cloven Hooves" by Megan Lindholm, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's into fauns! I really like the main character.

Howard Jacobson, "The Finkler Question." Won the Booker Prize this year, I think deservedly so. Hysterically funny. *is reminded to post a particularly amusing passage in her blog*

Passion by Louise Bagshawe. I really enjoyed most of it, but found the ending disappointing :P

I've been reading (and in some cases, re-reading) a bunch of Sherlock Holmes stories the past couple of days. I believe the most recent one was 'The Devil's Foot'.

Unless of course you count 'The Complete Book of Woodworking' as really reading.

• 5 months later...

Suddenly thought of this thread and decided to revive it. ^^ Because books are awesome.

I've just finished Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and well... nothing like I expected but really quite an awesome book. :) Not particularly scary though in my opinion.

Right now I'm reading Cosmotheoros by Christiaan Huygens, the 1698 English translation as it was written originally in Latin and well, my Latin really isn't quite that good. :lol: Surprisingly enough it reads like a novel and I'm very much enjoying it. I quite like his arguments about why life on other planets must be similar to the life on our planet. :)

@Sigrith You'll have to tell me something about that tomorrow, for it sounds very intriguing!

I've just finished Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers. It's an exquisitely delightful book about women in Shrewsbury College, Oxford, and Ms. Sayers's charming amateur detective Lord Peter Wimsey. It's full of fun and jokes and light-hearted banter with a really serious intelligent theory thrown in here and there. Highly recommended. :D

I go through books like nobody's business. Right now I'm obsessed with a sci fi - romance novel series (yeah, I know :laugh: ) by J.D. Robb.

And on the nonfiction side I'm reading Gary Taubes' book called something like Good Calories, Bad Calories, Spark by John Ratey, and David Kessler's book from a couple of years ago about food addiction.

Rereading Stephen King's 'Different Seasons', I love the story 'Apt Pupil'. I don't think there are many authors who could get away with writing something like this in just this tone. I tried to describe it to a friend recently, and made it sound awful, but then, I'm not Stephen King!

still have a long way to go on it, but i have been reading "What Would Napolean Hill Do"

It takes the books "Law Of Success" , "Think And Grow Rich", and "Think And Grow Rich, The Workbook"

it takes Napolean Hill's 17 principles of success, Brings it all together, analyzes, annotates, and presents it all in the one book

Re-reading Stephen King's Dark Tower-series again, so I'm just started on the first book; "The Gunslinger". :wub: Gotta love King... :)

I'm also in the middle of reading a short story collection with scary stories by an author whose name I can't recall right now.

...and yesterday I finished a non-fiction book about sects. THAT was interesting. :wub: