Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

Flowers in the Rain & Other Short Stories by Rosamunde Pilcher. I have to read it for my creative writing class. They are all short stories (if you didn't gather that from the title :blushing: ), usually about romance and happiness. It's such a breath of fresh air from the usual depressing stories my teacher makes us read. For some reason, she seems to thoroughly believe that if the ending isn't sad, the story isn't great. Anyway, I like it a lot.

Another book I just finished reading is Tracker by Gary Paulsen. I always think his work is amazing and this book was no exception.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Right now I'm in the middle of The kite runner by Khaled Hosseini. It started out really promising, but as usual, my interest begin to faid rapidly as soon as romance is presented in the story. :D:wub:

"Hell's Angel-The Life and Times of Sonny Barger"

People who blindly believe what the media, police and politicians say about bikie gangs should read his work.

Truly.

Right now I'm in the middle of The kite runner by Khaled Hosseini. It started out really promising, but as usual, my interest begin to faid rapidly as soon as romance is presented in the story. :D:)

Randomly enough, that book is mentioned constantly throughout my Cognition textbook by the author, for no other reason than because she loved it. Would you recommend it at all, even considering your waning interest, Voos?

Right now I'm in the middle of The kite runner by Khaled Hosseini. It started out really promising, but as usual, my interest begin to faid rapidly as soon as romance is presented in the story. :) :)

Randomly enough, that book is mentioned constantly throughout my Cognition textbook by the author, for no other reason than because she loved it. Would you recommend it at all, even considering your waning interest, Voos?

I'd recommend it. :D It's a well-written, touching story that gives you a fascinating insight into Afghanistanic culture. It's not Hosseini's fault that I have a problem with romance in litterature. :laugh:

I'm reading "Eclipse" by Stephanie Meyer rather sporadically.

I'm also reading my way through two online course books: Death, Dying and Bereavement: Providing Compassion at a time of need and Care at the End of Life through Western Schools.

Lev Grossman, The Magicians. Sort of a seriously-adult Harry Potter novel. (Sex, bad language, existential angst.) But very well-written.

I'm now reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. It's (debatably) an entirely non-fiction novel, and it's really interesting. I'm sure others here have read it, but I really recommend it to those who haven't. It's about two men who murder and entire family, and chronicles the events that lead up to their eventual arrest and execution. Capote actually developed a close personal relationship with these men while following the case, researching for his book, and the way he writes about them is really interesting.

I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Or Philosopher's Stone, depending on where you are) for the third or fourth time. XD I just love those books. ^__^

I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Or Philosopher's Stone, depending on where you are) for the third or fourth time. XD I just love those books. ^__^

*high fives!* :P

I've read all the books, except the seventh, at least four times, thrice in Swedish and once in English. (Book 7 I've only read once in each language :P ) I've listened to them as audio books, both in Swedish and English, and I've read the whole series except the last book aloud to my younger brother.

I started reading the first book when I was 11, the second when I was 12, and so on. Me and Harry went through puberty together. :blush: Ah, the memories... :P

Almost finished Thomas Harris' "The Silence Of The Lambs".

Looking forward to reading "The Eye Of The Moon" by god-only-knows-who around Christmas. :P

I am reading Under the Dome by Stephen King, which is huge and massive and heavy as well, at over 1000 pages. I am almost up to page 700 as of today. I probably would have finished by now since I started about a day after it came out, but I had previously gotten too distracted by Dragon Age, but since my first playthrough of that is finished I can concentrate more on the book. It's not as good as The Stand, or It, but it's entertaining nevertheless.

These days I'm reading Michael Chabon's "Manhood for Amateurs." I'm diggin' it.

Yeah, I thought it was funny.

I need to start a new book, perhaps tonight. I got about a half-dozen from the library today, including one which I'd read before (which I didn't realize until I was a couple of pages into it).

Lev Grossman, The Magicians. Sort of a seriously-adult Harry Potter novel. (Sex, bad language, existential angst.) But very well-written.

Sex, bad language, and existential angst? Sounds like about 2/3 of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Frank Herbert's Dune. I absolutely loved it; apart from a few annoying shifts in POV and several instances of showing rather than telling, the writing is exquisite. I wish I had his imagination.

I'm currently reading the only Stephen King-novel I haven't read before: "Firestarter". I really like it. Not too complicated and not too simple. :blush: