Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I've just started in The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion. I read and fell in love with two of his earlier novels, but I'm not too sure about this one yet. 

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

On 4/21/2017 at 4:34 PM, D-DOG said:

I love those kinds of books! I found a summary on amazon but I am still unsure, would you recommend it?

Yes! I would highly recommend it

• 3 months later...

((Sorry, I know this is an older thread.))

Clannad HD (visual novel) (Steam/PC) by Key (company)

Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch

Assassin's Curse: Kyoshi's Saga Book One by: A. R. Kent

The rough guide to manga by Jason S. Yadao

• 3 weeks later...

Still reading Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard.

At some point I want to read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight translated by Simon Armitage but I haven't yet

I recently read Sold by Patricia McCormick.

I'm reading Disney's Before Tomorrowland and Ollie's Odyssey by William Joyce.

I'm also reading my textbooks for class. (Russian and Accounting)

I just finished Be more chill by Ned Vizzini and I'm not sure what to think of it. I like the story and it has an interesting twist at the end but I'm still a bit disappointed. 

I think tthe problem is that I've been listening to the musical adaption a lot lately and only found out there was a book afterwards. So now I noticed everything that's different or wasn't included and it was just strange. Some of the characters' traits were changed completely in the musical which honestly bugs me a bit. But that's not the books fault and it still was fun to read. I think I'll have to find more books by the same author, I really like his style. He manages to take a serious topic and make it easy to read and sometimes even funny without making you uncomfortable. 

I generally try and read a few books at a time, but right now the books I'm reading, I feel super lame about since I'm a librarian, are ones everyone already knows/has read - I'm rereading the Harry Potter series, working on "Ready Player One", and then a few J books for my children's lit class. I just started reading "Good Me, Bad Me" as well, I got an advanced copy from the library so I'm not sure if it's in stores or not yet but I think it is by now!

I'm reading Michael Crichton's Congo. Not as preachy as the two Jurassic Park books or State of Fear. Gotta love the long and thorough descriptions of 1970s computers, though. :lol:

I might read IT again after this, since it's been 17 years since I first read it. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

I've recently read Junji Ito's Dissolving Classroom.

I'm reading Disney' Before Tomorrowland.

And I'm reading my textbooks for class. (Russian and Accounting)

OK everyone, I don't care what you're reading right now, because you have to put it down RIGHT THIS SECOND and go get your hands on The Power by Naomi Alderman. I have never been more serious about anything than this. READ. THAT. BOOK. READ IT. ALL OF YOU.

I repeat: The Power. Naomi Alderman. 

Read that book. Read it yesterday.

At the very very least, read the first three and the last eight pages. If that doesn't draw you in to the rest of the story, at least you'll have food for thought to last you a while. 

18 hours ago, Marche Funèbre said:

OK everyone, I don't care what you're reading right now, because you have to put it down RIGHT THIS SECOND and go get your hands on The Power by Naomi Alderman. I have never been more serious about anything than this. READ. THAT. BOOK. READ IT. ALL OF YOU.

At the very very least, read the first three and the last eight pages. If that doesn't draw you in to the rest of the story, at least you'll have food for thought to last you a while. 

*reads summary* wellp, might have to read it :D

I'm reading Disney's Before Tomorrowland.

I'm also reading Another by Yukito Ayatsuji.

And I'm reading my textbooks for class. (Russian and Accounting)

Troll Bridge by Terry Pratchett.  It's actually a bit more wistful than you would think a story about a old Conan-type fighting a troll would be.

• 4 weeks later...

The Clever Guts Diet by Dr Michael Mosley. 

This book is not really about loosing weight, its primarily about Gut microbes, how they work, and how you can improve and maintain this very important part of your physiology.

Written in a highly accessible and clear way, this man is one of the few TV gurus that is worth taking seriously. A must read for all those who are interested in this subject.

On 20/10/2017 at 5:13 PM, March Hare said:

Just saw this- and yes yes! I agree.

I loved this book. It gets a bit bonkers at certain points, but it's really cool. It's not too long either (if you are a poor reader like me).

Give it a go! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Philip K Dick's Dr. Bloodmoney, or How We Got Along After the Bomb, which is about a community of people trying to survive after the Earth has been covered in nuclear bombs. The narrative is kind of on the choppy side, but otherwise I really like this book. It does have a lot of characters, possibly a bit too many for a 266-page book, but they're all developed well enough to carry the book and for you to care about what happens to them and to give at least some of them their own interesting quirks. It's a lot better than the Philip K Dick book I read last week The Crack in Space, which has a great concept but I didn't find the actual book engaging at all. But the quality of Dick's works range from really, really good to abysmal train-wreck territory and whatever might be in between, so that's par for the course.