Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I'm currently re-reading the Dark Tower-novel "Wind Through The Keyhole", by Stephen King. It's one of my comfy blanket-books, that I keep coming back to as bedtime story. It has a bunch of good quotes as well. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Right now I'm reading "Tess of the D'urbervilles" by Thomas Hardy for a class... I'm 250 pages in and I've cried three times. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

"The World Before Us" by Aislinn Hunter. Picked it up on a whim at a book sale and didn't really have any expectations on it, but it's pretty good so far with nice prose, slightly leaning towards poetic descriptions.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I haven't posted here for a while. I'm currently reading "These Broken Stars" By Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. It's really good. I'm nearly done.

Next, I plan on reading "Baccano: The Rolling Bootlegs" by Ryohgo Narita (light novel)

• 2 months later...

I'm reading The Eight Mountains by Paolo Cognetti at the moment (the version in my native language). It's translated from Italian, but you can barely notice it is. It's my favourite book, I seriously recommend it!

I procrastinated reading “The Grapes of Wrath” for class over the summer so I finally started today now that school starts next week. And... yep, I pretty much screwed myself over for these next few days🙃

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see, I'm not reading one currently, but I did finish reading three books recently.

Baccano: The Rolling Bootlegs by Ryohgo Narita (light novel)

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Perfect Blue: Complete Metamorphosis  by Yoshikazu Takeuchi

• 2 months later...

I recently read Junji Ito's Frankenstein (Part of a story collection manga) (I read the entire manga, and not just that one story)

I also recently read Breaking Into Japanese Literature (in English) by Giles Murray.

I'm currently reading, in English, the New Penguin Parallel Text Short Stories in Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm double-posting, but I bought three books yesterday and I'm  buying another one next week.

I just started reading Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. It's about a world-wide flu epidemic that destroys society. So far, it goes back and forth in time. Chapter 1 was about the encroaching epidemic as it starts and I hope it shows more of the panic and the deaths. That part was fascinating and a little scary.

I'm reading Stephen King's The Outsider, which I think is his newest one. Well, there's another one that might be newer called Elevation, that's really short and has large print, and apparently a lot of people hate it, but I don't know. The Outsider is pretty good so far, though. One of his better 21st Century efforts. :)

6 hours ago, Bondi said:

I'm reading Stephen King's The Outsider, which I think is his newest one. Well, there's another one that might be newer called Elevation, that's really short and has large print, and apparently a lot of people hate it, but I don't know. The Outsider is pretty good so far, though. One of his better 21st Century efforts. :)

That one is on my list. I hope to give it a read very soon. Stephen King is one of my favorite writers. 

I'm reading "Flaneuse" by Lauren Elkin. So far, it's very very interesting. I was a bit weary reading the book at the beginning because I thought it would just be a retread of other stuff on the topic that I've read before but it's picking up very quickly. I hope it stays that way or gets even better. 

Catch-22

yeah, not a hidden gem or anything- everyone knows it's supposed to be good. i just put this one off for so many years for various reasons and it has been one of those novels i was meaning to "get around to".

So far... It's perfect. It. is. stuuuuuupid how perfect it is. Love at first sight 😍

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading non-fiction for the first time in my life- Mark Kermode, Hatchet Job. I am in love with his film criticism.

• 4 weeks later...

Reading:

I Want To Eat Your Pancreas by Yoru Sumino.

On-hold:

Jack Frost The End Becomes the Beginning (Guardians of Childhood Chapter book #5) By William Joyce

The New Penguin Parallel Text Short Stories in Japanese

Recent bought/received:

Fantastic Beasts The Crimes of Grindelwald Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling

Japanese Stories for Language Learners

Short Stories in Russian

---------------

I also wanted to buy Korean Stories for Language Learners (both Japanese and Korean books are by the same company, Tuttle, but not the same authors). However, the only copy they had was sold out.

Skipping to and fro between a fantasy book a friend of mine recently published, and a Poirot murder mystery I got as a present for Christmas :heart:

• 3 months later...

Hey, sorry about posting in a months-old thread, but I finally got back into reading. I haven't read anything recently, but I am reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:38 PM, Cutelittlenose said:

Hey, sorry about posting in a months-old thread, but I finally got back into reading. I haven't read anything recently, but I am reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

EDIT: I apologize, and correct myself: the book I mentioned below was not, I now recall, “It’s Kind of A Funny Story” (though I did love that, too), but was in fact Ned Vizzini’s first book, “Teen Angst? Nah!”

I LOVE that book! I actually bought it from him, when he had a booth at the New York Is Book Country book festival, probably 20 years ago now. So I got to meet him and have my copy signed, and then I met him a few years later when he was doing a reading from something else, and got to tell him how much his books had meant to me over the years. For someone I can’t say I actually knew, I really miss him.

Edited by MyOwnPrivateSFC
Corrected error
  • 3 months later...

I finished Reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. And, I'm currently reading the light novel My Hero Academia School Briefs Volume 1. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Rabbit, Run by John Updike. His style fascinates me, but I loathe the main character. I'd love to have a fiery bitchfest about him with my feminist literary criticism friends. :lol:

I am reading "We were liars" by E. Lockhart. And I think this book is like coffee with vanilla. Strong but it also has this delicate side that makes your heart beat faster. :)

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. A sort of dark, humourless Jane Austen. I don't really even know why I am still reading it, except that it's ALMOST like Austen, and it's fun to compare-troll :lol: