• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

I just finished the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. (Well, the first four books anyway. Apparently the fifth and final one comes out at the end of the year.) They are not the type of book I would have ever picked up on my own, but they were highly recommended by a crazy amazing author on the red board, so I felt I had to give them a shot. I was not misled. =) They were really fun and exciting!

You might also like the Highlander series she does... if you like KMM.

Guest bbwsnzr

I'm probably one of the last people to read it, but I'm reading "Wicked", the book the musical was based off of... but I haven't seen the musicle either... :lmfao:

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Really good book so far. And I just finished Fat by Rob Grant, which was a bit disapointing, but raised some interesting concerns.

Just finished "I See Rude People," by Amy Alkon. She's a stitch, although I tried one of her ideas to confront a rude cell phone user sitting next to me at the movies, and I thought I was gonna be punched out. Didn't happen though.

The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch

It's an excellent book, very well written and interesting. A good read for animal geeks. Hence, a read for me.

As an added bonus, it has sneezing parts in it.

• 3 weeks later...

ABC showed Charlie Brown Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone for the 55th time, so I took out the book and leafed through it.

A Writers Tale by Russell T Davies with Benjamin Cook

A series of email and other correspondence about the detailed writing process and behind the scenes during the making of Doctor Who from 2007 to 2009 (700 pages of fascinating insight into the best TV show in the world!)

:drool:

I read that a while back. Sedaris is great. Right now I'm reading The Road to Woodstock, by Michael Lang. He was the organizer of that little music event in the summer of '69.

• 4 weeks later...

"Bushido", the "go-rin-no-sho" by miyamoto musashi ( I don't really understand most of it) and ember from the sun by Mark Canter

Reading Clash of Kings, part 2 of Song of Ice and Fire, and am 210 pages into it.

Also reading Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman, though almost done with that.

Being only thirteen and all, I am a little childish on reading.

I am currently reading Paint The Wind by Pam Muñoz Ryan, and Children of the River by Linda Crew.

Both are very good, but a little childish, so I suggest not looking into them.

Although Children of the River is a very romantic teenage love story :unsure:

Reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It's life-changing. :unsure:

OK, you sold me! I need more happiness.

Currently I am readying the Dresden Files: Small Favors. I highly recommend the series for anyone who likes Fantasy Adventure.

I'm probably one of the last people to read it, but I'm reading "Wicked", the book the musical was based off of... but I haven't seen the musicle either... :P

No, I haven't read it either. ;)

At home I'm reading Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz, at work I'm reading The Back Room by Ann Copeland.

I'm reading Bodysurfing by Anita Shreve. Not something I'd normally pick up, but a patient recommended it to me and it was at Barnes and Noble for $6.98! :) I do like it though.

Dresden Files: Turncoat. Looking forward to the next sequel in April as well.

Also reading an interested text on Aikido as well. The technical is only so, so but the through process is interesting.