• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

I started reading Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier two days ago for my TAG class. I'm then going to watch the movie :) It's great so far, but it's taking me forever to read, because the pages are rather big, and the font is rather small. I'm used to reading 80 pages in one reading session, not over the period of two days :)

• 2 weeks later...
I started reading Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier two days ago for my TAG class. I'm then going to watch the movie :laugh: It's great so far, but it's taking me forever to read, because the pages are rather big, and the font is rather small. I'm used to reading 80 pages in one reading session, not over the period of two days :lol:

Cold Mountain is a great book, but the writing is very dense, so don't get discouraged; it's worth the effort. :laugh:

I started reading Angelology by Danielle Trussoni, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

re-reading The Talisman by Stephen King & Peter Straub so that I can finally read Black House (which my ex-husband lent me like 3 years ago LOL)

re-reading The Talisman by Stephen King & Peter Straub so that I can finally read Black House (which my ex-husband lent me like 3 years ago LOL)

Ahhhh, I loved those books! I'm reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, and The Invisible Enemy: A Natural History of Viruses by Dorothy Crawford :)

Just finished the seventh book in the Dark Tower-series by Stephen King.

Okay, I've read all of them like three times before, or more, but this time I read them all in a row. Why does everyone hate the ending so much? I think that's the absolute perfect ending for a story like that. :)

[Thing I've been thinking about... is IT (the monster) a Todash monster that escaped Todash space? Hmmm... :) )

Ah well. The question is what am I supposed to read now?

Ah well. The question is what am I supposed to read now?

anything by margaret lawrence :) my fav is 'the diviners'. after i finish new york (which is also pretty interesting if you are into historical fiction) i may just have to read it - again! :lol

Nothing, but I just bought a couple of books for a business trip I'm leaving on tomorrow. I'm looking forward to reading on the plane.

Until this summer as I'm finishing my biology major, I'm reading up on interesting teaching material. The most recent is a really fun read that I'm about half way through, Teaching Outside the Box: How to Grab Your Students By Their Brains by LouAnne Johnson. Its enjoyable and seems useful since it has plenty on real life tips regarding classroom organization and management as well as little pedagogy which are all things that my bio major will certainly not teach me :)

I'm actually re-reading a series I really enjoyed.

In Japanese, it's called boku no hatsukoi wo kimi ni sasagu (I give my first love to you). The English release is called My First Love.

Guy with severe heart condition + childhood friend/girlfriend + high school shenenigans + dire need for heart transplant = a really cute story!

oooo Good series! :puke: I really enjoy that one. I need to reread it as well!

I'm actually re-reading a series I really enjoyed.

In Japanese, it's called boku no hatsukoi wo kimi ni sasagu (I give my first love to you). The English release is called My First Love.

Guy with severe heart condition + childhood friend/girlfriend + high school shenenigans + dire need for heart transplant = a really cute story!

Until this summer as I'm finishing my biology major, I'm reading up on interesting teaching material. The most recent is a really fun read that I'm about half way through, Teaching Outside the Box: How to Grab Your Students By Their Brains by LouAnne Johnson. Its enjoyable and seems useful since it has plenty on real life tips regarding classroom organization and management as well as little pedagogy which are all things that my bio major will certainly not teach me :puke:

daystar, did you know she's the teacher that the movie Dangerous Minds is based on? I've read that book, and she truly is gifted at reaching students :crazy:

Rework, by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson.

Apparently, I'm the only fetishist who exclusively reads non-fiction.

James Frey - My friend Leonard

before this book I read his "A million little pieces" ... AMAZING books!

I'm reading the seventh harry potter book right now for the first time. I am enjoying it very much, except for a few cerian parts already that have made me cry :wub: I'm almost halfway through it

I'm reading the seventh harry potter book right now for the first time. I am enjoying it very much, except for a few cerian parts already that have made me cry :wub: I'm almost halfway through it

I absolutely howled while I was reading this book! It's stunning.

I'm currently reading "Stanley and Africa".

Until this summer as I'm finishing my biology major, I'm reading up on interesting teaching material. The most recent is a really fun read that I'm about half way through, Teaching Outside the Box: How to Grab Your Students By Their Brains by LouAnne Johnson. Its enjoyable and seems useful since it has plenty on real life tips regarding classroom organization and management as well as little pedagogy which are all things that my bio major will certainly not teach me :bleh:

daystar, did you know she's the teacher that the movie Dangerous Minds is based on? I've read that book, and she truly is gifted at reaching students :D

Didn't know that! I will have to investigate that :laugh: thanks for pointing that out to me!

Rework, by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson.

Apparently, I'm the only fetishist who exclusively reads non-fiction.

Birds of a feather. I'm mostly into non fiction these days :blushing:

Currently reading "The Gates of November" by Chaim Potok

Edited by Mayor McSneeze

I'm reading A Storm of Swords, which is book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm only up to page 52 of it so far. I don't know what I'll read afterwards since I think I'm going to just save A Feast for Crows for when Dance of Dragons comes out, since those two books are supposed to happen at the same time anyway.

Good call on saving it, Bondi - I only realised that half of the story was essentially missing once I was too far into A Feast for Crows to stop.

Are you liking the series thus far?

Whoa, de-lurking twice in a day! But I couldn't resist a book thread...

OK, this week, I just finished "Dr. Frankenstein's cabinet", a book about cinema's views on scientists, extrapolating those views to theorize about general perceptions... extremely good; and Jose Saramago's "The elephant's trip".

I'm halfway through Mark Costello's "Big if" (my mum lent it, I love the prose so far, not sure about the anecdote), Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" and the "Baghavad Ghita".

That, of course, in addition to some college stuff, chemistry, physics and biology. And a shitload of comicbooks.

I'm reading "The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes" (yeah, yeah, I know, no one's surprised :angry:). So far, I've read the first two books (the novels "A Study in Scarlet" and "The Sign of the Four") and the first *checks* two stories of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" (the third book, and the first compilation of short stories). I'm really enjoying them...and, honestly, I don't think it's mainly because of the movie!