Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies... it's hilarious, and a massive improvement on the original Austen :yuck:

I just bought this recently, and totally forgot I had it! I am going to start reading it this week, can't wait!

Yesterday I started and finished The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood, and loved it! The story line was full of enough twists to keep me interested, and I like his writing style, very easy to read.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Good call on saving it, Bondi - I only realised that half of the story was essentially missing once I was too far into A Feast for Crows to stop.

Are you liking the series thus far?

I think it's a good series, though it's not the best thing ever written the way some people make it out as. A lot of stuff in there is the type of stuff that I like better in retrospect, after you see where it all leads to and once more pieces are filled in, if that makes any sense. I enjoyed Game of Thrones more than Clash of Kings; I know opinions are all over the place in terms of that. I'm only 150 pages into Storm of Storms, so I can't judge that one yet. I don't necessarily think that the characters are as deep as everyone makes them out to be, but they're well written and I like most of them. I like Tyrion, as everyone else does, though I enjoyed him more in Game of Thrones than in Clash of Kings. I know a lot of people hate Sansa, and but I like her character. I didn't care about her much either way in Game of Thrones, but really liked her in Clash of Kings. Daneres (I know I'm not spelling her name right) is okay, I guess, though I've forgotten a lot of her chapters in both books, and while I know that she's supposed to play a major role in upcoming books, her chapters seem so disconnected from everything else that's going on, though hopefully that will change. In Clash of Kings, I was fairly bored with Bran's chapters during the beginning of that book, whereas once they start in with the prophesy stuff, and then with Theon's takeover from Winterfall, they started becoming really enjoyable for me. The writing style is really good, though some of the chapters can be a bit too long and meandering, which becomes and even greater problem for me because there aren't any scene breaks and one scene just gels into another and into another until the chapter is done. That last thing is just a personal thing with me, and not necessarily a criticism of the chapters themselves.

"Watchlist." Every chapter is written by a different mystery (or suspense) writer. It's remarkably good.

The newest book in a kid's series (:)), Maximum Ride. It's the sixth book and while I do read the series intensely, I can't help but laugh at how overly dramatic it is almost the entire way through. Think of the three most cliche action movies you can and combine their plotlines into one, and you've pretty much got Maximium Ride.

I'm reading my Psychology textbook xD It's really interesting, even if it does have the word "textbook" on the front :D Luckily I get to do some Psychology papers as part of my Bachelor of Education :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost done with A Shine of Rainbows. I saw a commercial for the movie, so naturally, I looked for the book first.

"The Chronicle of Classical Music." It's cool -- history and social impacts on composers, arranged chronologically. I bought it after I was talking music with someone who mentioned Palestrina, and I could not for the life of me remember a thing about Palestrina, not to mention what century he lived in. (I didn't have Google available at the time.)

Lots of fanfic! :hypoc: No, really, I'm still working on all the (canon) Sherlock Holmes stories. I have a new Tess Gerritsen and a new Jonathan Kellerman (but NOT one of his Alex Delaware's; I'm up to date on those) waiting for me to have both the time and space to read a hardcover (or two). And I'm currently reading Lynn Truss's "Eats, Shoots, & Leaves" whenever I'm on the train. *is a bibliovore*

Still reading Storm of Swords, which is the third book of Song of Ice and Fire (keep wanting to call it song of Fire and Ice and think it has a better ring to it :D ), and am about halfway through it and it is a vast improvement over the 2nd book. It seems to have a lot more direction overall and doesn't meander nearly as much as Book 2 did. I'm not sure if I like this one better than Game of Thrones yet.

Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub (sequel to The Talisman). Awesome so far :bounce:

Just finished the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' - Steig Larsson - trilogy. Totally the greatest books I've read in AGES.

Now rereading 'Carrie' - but really should read Frankenstein/Macbeth/Dracula/The Bloody Chamber for the exam in a few weeks ...

Just finished the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' - Steig Larsson - trilogy. Totally the greatest books I've read in AGES.

I bought that book MONTHS ago, my Dad read it and RAVED about it xD I still haven't got round to it...I keep meaning to...:wub:

Currently reading Brain Sense by Faith Hickman Brynie. "The science of the sense and how we process the world around us". Very interesting :bounce:

I bought that book MONTHS ago, my Dad read it and RAVED about it xD I still haven't got round to it...I keep meaning to...:rolleyes:

You should - you won't regret it! :gap:

I had some trouble with the Swedish names at first, but when you get into it, yet hooked.

Now rereading 'Carrie'

OMG, me too! :laugh:

Hehe, it's soooo freaky but I kind of love it. :P

Currently reading Brain Sense by Faith Hickman Brynie. "The science of the sense and how we process the world around us". Very interesting :)

Mmm, I'm gonna have to look for that, sounds right up my alley (I love neuroscience).

Currently reading Brain Sense by Faith Hickman Brynie. "The science of the sense and how we process the world around us". Very interesting :)

Mmm, I'm gonna have to look for that, sounds right up my alley (I love neuroscience).

Yeah, you'd love this book then! It's absolutely packed with the processes of neurons firing and so on. Very interesting, though some of it is kind of difficult to understand :blushing: The author does seem just a bit biased about some things though xD

Now reading Everything You Ever Wanted to Ask About Things That Could Kill You.

Edited by Kiwifruit

I'm reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, mostly because it sounded so completely awful that I was so morbidly curious I had to give it a shot.

So far, not bad, actually :)

I am reading total FLUFF right now. :winkkiss: It's called Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger. Chick lit, for sure. But hey, I just read Frankenstein. :( I'm ready for something fun!