Sneeze Fetish Forum

Writers' group - what it is, and how to join

Lynne

I thought we had an announcement up here, but I guess we forgot to post one, so here it is. (Thank you Vetinari, for pointing out the lack!)

The staff have created a Writers' Group for people who write a lot of fics. Basically, being part of this group allows you to edit your posts beyond the normal time range permitted, as well as being able to edit your post titles from the index. We created this in response to a perceived need - many people were asking moderators or admins to move/rename/edit their posts for them, and we thought it would be simpler for all of you if you could just do it yourselves, rather than wait around for someone else to do it smile.png There's no special badge of honor, title, or any visual clue once you're in this group (at least, I don't think there is). It's just added features on your account.

In order to become a member of the Writers' Group, just send a PM to an administrator. We do review your posting habits when you apply, so please wait until you've written at least one or two stories smile.png

Happy writing!

Edited by Joal 555
Edited out names of ex administrators
  • 3 years later...

No, there are no other advantages. The reason for introducing the group was in order to allow writers who wrote multi-part stories to edit their titles so as to be able to update to let people know when they had added new parts. And as I explained above, you can't apply for the group unless you have already been fully validated and can use the PM function.

• 5 months later...

Vet--hello after a long absence(I was Hopeless Romantic a few years ago).So great to be back!

If l write a story using the P.M. feature,how do l then transfer it to Stories(under the heading of Observations,Stories and Artwork)?Being unable to save what's written so far is really a problem without a "save" option so it can be finished later.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Sorry I missed this post until now. Presumably the best option would be to use "Copy" and "Paste". If you are not familiar with how to do that:

1. Highlight the text you want to copy. Press and hold the left button on your mouse/touchpad, then move the cursor over the parts of the text you want to copy. They should be highlighted, (often in blue). When all the sections you want are highlighted, then take your finger off the left button.
  2. Click on the right button on your mouse/touchpad. A list should appear which includes the option "Copy". Click on "Copy"
  3. Move to the area of the forum you wish to post in and open up a new topic or post. Place the cursor in the area where you want to post your story and again click on the right hand button. This time there should be the option "Paste". Click on "Paste" and your text should appear.

Hope that helps.