Sneeze Fetish Forum

New Anime - Omamori Himari

Yuzuki

Oddly enough, it feels like I just saw this anime. Under the name Nyan-Koi. And that's not even making note of the cat allergy gimmick. This anime's production values just feel really similar. Style's a bit different I suppose, but it still feels like an anime I just watched. Heh.

I saw Nyan Koi as well ^__^

Nyan Koi's plot is completely different to Omamori Himari though

and by a different author. (I thought it might have been the same author that did Nyan Koi when I first watched it though XD)

I think I prefer the drawing style of Omamori Himari...there's just something about the eyes.

Honestly, I think this anime looks ridiculous... but I will probably find myself watching it anyway just for the adorable sneezes. :D If that weren't a factor, though, there's no way I'd watch past the first episode. The premise looks like a bunch of anime cliches all thrown together and the art is not even a style I prefer.

Nyan Koi had a few issues as well (Oooh the fan service...) but at least they did it in an amusing way and the story was original and good enough to make up for it. I absolutely love that series. So far I haven't seen one ounce of originality yet in Omamori Himari but who knows, maybe it'll surprise me. B) I sure hope so because I'd rather not suffer through a bad anime just to see all the cute little sniffles and sneezes.

Honestly, I think this anime looks ridiculous... but I will probably find myself watching it anyway just for the adorable sneezes. B)

Then we're two. :bday: Cute, allergic boys really is the only thing that could ever make me want to watch fanservice-filled anime like this.

But! I'm not complaining! The sneezes are adorable, and oh, those red, teary eyes... *purrs* :D

Great find, Yuzuki!

Is it just me or do there seem to be fads over the years with manga/anime? If there's a cat allergies fad beginning, I know I won't be complaining. :yay:

It wasn't nice of that girl to sit on him.

And by the way, really? His parents died on his birthday? How many times have we seen that done? ):l

Clichés or not, they can make a million anime/manga with guys allergic to cats that somehow have to be around him alot over and over and I will be one veeeery happy panda for the rest of my life. /bliss!

Yuzuki, thank you SO much for bringing this to attention. VERY cute sneezes, and after thumbing through the manga a while ago, I know I'll totally keep up on it! :yay: Yeeeeeeee!!!!

Damn! I really do hope this is becoming a fad! As Kisa said, "Cliches or not"! I have to third VoOs and Spider_sneezes, I would never watch this anime if it weren't for the allergies. It is kinda too bad though. Himari and the water chick (forget her name) are kinda hot, and being bi I can enjoy a little animated cleavage mixed in with my pretty boys, but it's way over done and there's nothing more to any of the characters.

But plot, or lack there of, aside, I absolutely love the animation of the sneezes.

Though, am I the only one who finds Yuto's voice kinda weird for his character? He's one step from being a shota but his voice sounds like a 30 year old.

(goes off to find manga)

Though, am I the only one who finds Yuto's voice kinda weird for his character? He's one step from being a shota but his voice sounds like a 30 year old.

I know! I was thinking the same thing; his voice doesn't fit at all. However, despite the many, many flaws that this anime presents, I have a feeling that those wonderfully animated sneezes will make it worth it.

Oh, and I couldn't agree more with everyone. Few things would be more awesome than a fad consisting of gloriously sneezy anime boys... :heart:

Actually, I'd probably watch this one either way. It's only about 1 peg down from Shakugan no Shana, which I really enjoyed and seemed had a similar setup, and while the plot ins't as serious or intense, the art is very similar and they've noticeably cranked the fanservice up a notch.

In any case I like this one rather a bit better that Nyan Koi, which I've kind of quit watching, since the whole cat-allergy hook was really the only reason I checked it out in the first place, and that dropped off to almost an afterthought a couple of episodes in. I imagine this one will do the same, but I'm enjoying it more in it's own right, so I'll probably keep an eye for it one way or the other.

(And yeah, it's cliche, but 99% of them are. I like 'em anyway! LOL)

((And yeah... definitely cool if sneeze-fetishy stuff catches on over there. Next time I hope it's with a girl! LOL))

Episode 3 has a REALLY cute fit around the middle of the episode. Those red watery allergic eyes are making me MELT. :wacko:

That fit was just too adorable! I have no idea what's going on in the story because I skipped right to the sneezes but it doesn't matter. It still made me 'aww'. :D I also love the attention that this anime gives to the eyes. You don't see that very often.

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: awwww just finished watching omamori himari...

but were are the other episodes :drool:

the anime ends with episode 11

does anyone knows when it will be updated???? :hug:

Episode 3 has a REALLY cute fit around the middle of the episode. Those red watery allergic eyes are making me MELT. :omg:

Actually, it's only about five minutes in. No, I didn't just scour the episode looking for it... :rolleyes: But oh was that adorable! I like how they call an allergy attack a 'rejection response'.

Episode 3 has a REALLY cute fit around the middle of the episode. Those red watery allergic eyes are making me MELT. :omg:

Actually, it's only about five minutes in. No, I didn't just scour the episode looking for it... :laugh: But oh was that adorable! I like how they call an allergy attack a 'rejection response'.

A question for those who's been following this anime: are there any more sneezy episodes worth checking out?

I just can't force myself to sit through any more episodes without knowing if there's any fetishy goodness waiting. :rolleyes:

Archived