• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a red nine

• Chanel_no5

• Nicole

• Lynne

• 3 weeks later...

The last of my beef stroganoff that I made for the week.  Honestly it is very yummy, because I cook to my own tastes and to please myself, which in this case involves using obscene amounts of garlic and dumping in way more spices than any reasonable recipe would recommend.  :laugh:

• 3 months later...

Enjoyed a salad with homemade dressing my wife prepared for me. Great healthy lunch!

Tonight my roommates cooked Dominican food for me as a surprise, and I have to say, I'm in loooove 😍 If you ever have the chance to try it, I totally recommend! The evening was full of good food, good vibes, rum and plenty of dancing ❤️

13 hours ago, MessyOnMain said:

Tonight my roommates cooked Dominican food for me as a surprise, and I have to say, I'm in loooove 😍 If you ever have the chance to try it, I totally recommend! The evening was full of good food, good vibes, rum and plenty of dancing ❤️

Dominican food???  I love ALL kinds of food, but never had Dominican.... please elaborate, if you could :)  I'd love to know what it was because now I want to try it!

8 hours ago, rysosneezy said:

Dominican food???  I love ALL kinds of food, but never had Dominican.... please elaborate, if you could :)  I'd love to know what it was because now I want to try it!

Absolutely! They made their family's recipe for La Bandera! It's chicken, beans, avocado, rice and the most delicious sauce. It sounds kind of basic just writing it jaja, but look it up to see some pics! It's soo tasty

2 hours ago, MessyOnMain said:

Absolutely! They made their family's recipe for La Bandera! It's chicken, beans, avocado, rice and the most delicious sauce. It sounds kind of basic just writing it jaja, but look it up to see some pics! It's soo tasty

I just came home from dinner, full and not even wanting to eat more, but now looking that up, I am suddenly hungry again!! :)

just had a nice little dinner with my friend from France who made potatoes au gratin sooo good.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:06 PM, Melody said:

just had a nice little dinner with my friend from France who made potatoes au gratin sooo good.

Holy moly I'm jealous.  That's one of my all time favourite foods.

As for me...look, some days are all about eating a carefully proportioned balance of healthy fresh foods to nourish and power my body and mind...and some days are about devouring an entire 10 inch pizza dripping with every topping imaginable in one sitting and chasing it down with a can of Monster. No regrets! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Cadbury's Creme Egg...gotta enjoy as many as possible during that magical window in time that they appear!

On 4/4/2023 at 8:40 AM, Spacesneezeman said:

An entire lemon just to prove a point. (I wish I could say I was joking)

Would love to know what you were trying to prove!!

I ate sauerkraut as an after dinner cleanser.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:10 AM, Just Older said:

I would also like to know this and also does "entire lemon" include the peel? Or just the inside stuff?

As for me...a chicken pie.  But not just any chicken pie.  Oh, not to me.

Let me tell you all a little story. These chicken pies, I fell in love with them a while back. They were so yummy and good and I would enjoy them when I wanted a treat.  And then...they disappeared.  They were everywhere and then I couldn't find them in any supermarket, small shop, convenience store, anywhere. I looked everywhere.  If I was in an unfamilar town, I would have a quick check for chicken pies.  They company was still making them, but they were not being sold in my locality, even though plenty of that brand's other stuff is sold in abundance.  And hopping on a plane to buy frozen chicken pies would be a bit silly.  They'd defrost by the time I got them home! (not that I didn't consider it once or twice... :laugh: ) The manufacturer released a vegetarian version with meat substitute chicken, and I enjoyed those for a while, and then they, too, disappeared from my life, leaving me grieving for the yummy taste once more.

Today I ventured into a new supermarket, a chain I have never shopped in before because this is the first time I've seen it, I didn't think they had them here (I am trying so hard not to give away my location here, LOL).  They had a lot of brands from the locality where the chicken pies are still happily sold so I got my hopes up and dared to check...and lo and behold, what did they have?  Chicken pies. Boxes and boxes and boxes of chicken pies.

They taste just as wonderful as I remember.

1 hour ago, SleepingPhlox said:

They taste just as wonderful as I remember.

Oh this is awesome!! I had a favourite frozen snack that I would always buy and then they suddenly removed it from stock and I haven't found it anywhere for about a decade. So I definitely know the feeling! So glad you found it again! ^_^ 

I'm currently eating chocolate. Trying to gather courage to go to the grocery store and buy some stuff so I can eat dinner tonight as well. If it's even open. Who knows on this day? :lol: They're usually open every day, even holidays, so, fingers crossed. Unless I want to eat Ramen. But then I have to do the dishes for a clean pot. And ugh. 

2 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Oh this is awesome!! I had a favourite frozen snack that I would always buy and then they suddenly removed it from stock and I haven't found it anywhere for about a decade. So I definitely know the feeling! So glad you found it again! ^_^

Dude, my love for these pies goes deep.  They have the same taste and texture of certain pies I used to eat when I was younger which are definitely not sold here.  ONLY these pies are a match, any other pies are so different.  So it's like nostalgia for these pies which I liked because of nostalgia for other pies... :laugh: I hope you have a similar luck with your frozen snack!

Back on topic, I am sadly not eating another chicken pie, but lemon and parsley salmon with raw spinach leaves.  Brain food, yo!

On 4/6/2023 at 2:10 AM, Just Older said:

I ate sauerkraut as an after dinner cleanser.

I basically told a friend that I'd be able to eat an entire lemon with a straight face. (This included the peel)