Sneeze Fetish Forum

Secret Santa in July

ooo

Yay... can't wait to see who I got... it is like Christmas. Are we/can we post these stories in the story section or are they just for the specific person?

Hee, yay! I'm so glad people are as excited about this as I was.

Yes, the idea is definitely to share the stories in the stories section! :( I'll think we'll have a sort of staggered posting, so two or three people posting each day after the deadline, just so we don't flood the story area and make it too overwhelming for everyone to read? And so that the people who are worried about the deadline can post a bit later. But still getting that idea kind of sorted out, so don't take my word for it! I'm working this out a bit as I go along.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we writing stories with multiple parts, or just one part? I probably won't mind doing multiple parts, if the person wants it.

Heehee, I am SO excited to find out my person too! And, of course, to read the story for me :(. Haha, this is so much fun! It's a really, really great idea.

^^ I second that. I know you mentioned earlier that there would be a minimum, but would you want there to be some sort of a maximum as well?

That being said, I'm super excited for this. I've never written anything for anyone else before, and I can't wait to give it a try! :(

Are we writing stories with multiple parts, or just one part? I probably won't mind doing multiple parts, if the person wants it.

Heehee, I am SO excited to find out my person too! And, of course, to read the story for me :lol:. Haha, this is so much fun! It's a really, really great idea.

^^ I second that. I know you mentioned earlier that there would be a minimum, but would you want there to be some sort of a maximum as well?

That being said, I'm super excited for this. I've never written anything for anyone else before, and I can't wait to give it a try! :(

Hey guys, YAY, thanks for your enthusiasm! :blushing:

Instinctively I want to say, no, there won't be an upper word limit. It just seems counter-intuitive to me! If you want to write a multi-part story, I'm sure your recipient will be thrilled! So basically, as long as you're above the lower word limit, do what you like :innocent: I'm not sure how that would work with the posting deadline but we could cross that bridge when we come to it. Probably it would make sense just to post the first (reasonable length) part on your posting day and go from there.

That said, none of this is exactly set in stone - I've never done this before so if anyone has any clever (or even not clever!) opinions/things I haven't considered, do feel free to let me know.

Hi guys! Just letting everyone know I'm closing the sign-up now, since (I think/hope) it's either the 27th or very late on the 26th in all parts of the world.

The three people who PMed me earlier today are fine :P

I'll get onto you all soon with PMs asking for prompts!

ETA:

Just to let everyone know, I’ve matched everyone up and will be PMing you all over the next few days asking for prompts. I made it about three quarters of the way through the list today but it’s a slow process and RL is not running particularly smoothly this week, so it might be a few days before I get on to everyone.

If you’ve got questions at any point feel free to PM me or post in this thread :D It might take me a few days to get back to you, though, so don’t panic.

ETA2:

RL? What RL? Sleep? What sleep?

I've now (I hope) PMed everyone asking for prompts. If there's anyone out there who sent in a form and hasn't received a PM or an email please let me know! Thanks to the people who have already written back :cryhappy:

Update: thanks to everyone so far who has sent me prompts! I'm making my way through passing them on, very slloooowwwly in any spare seconds I can find this week. (Sorry to anyone who's eagerly awaiting prompts!).

Just wanted to answer a question a couple of people have asked: I'm asking for and passing on multiple prompts to give the authors a bit of leeway/choice with what they're writing - but no, you don't by any means have to answer all the prompts! I do have Plans for the leftover prompts so don't feel like you have to worry about that :D That said, if you do want to write more than one of the prompts (for example, in a series of drabbles), feel free!

Okay, hope that clears things up a bit!

May I ask if you have a deadline picked out? I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks is all, and I'm not sure yet if I'll have steady internet. But my mom has pomised we can go to an internet cafe if the rental house has none. XD

May I ask if you have a deadline picked out? I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks is all, and I'm not sure yet if I'll have steady internet. But my mom has promised we can go to an internet cafe if the rental house has none. XD

I'm prettty sure I answered your question in my PM a couple of days ago, but just in case, and for anyone else out there who is wondering - this is the info I've been sending in PMs with the prompts:

"Fics will be posted: about two a day in the weeks surrounding the 25th August (Christmas in August!) - so, roughly, the 18th - 31st , just so we don’t spam the board.  If you think you're going to need longer than the 18th, let me know and I'll assign you a posting date towards the back end."

If anyone hasn't received this PM yet, don't panic! There will be a few of you, and it will be because I haven't received the prompts from your recipient yet, and as soon as I do I'll find time to get them on to you! I just thought in the meantime, I'd post here in case anyone was wondering about the deadline.

Oh yeah, I was wondering about that, because I haven't gotten my prompts yet :). But the deadline seems to be a while enough away that it doesn't matter, so that's fine :laugh:.

Oh yeah, I was wondering about that, because I haven't gotten my prompts yet :). But the deadline seems to be a while enough away that it doesn't matter, so that's fine :laugh:.

Hmm, actually you should have yours! The PM's in my sent folder...did it not arrive? Let me know if it didn't, and I'll send it again :rolleyes:

Oh, I see it now! I'm so sorry - I got it at the same time as another PM, so I didn't see it. Will go look now :). Yay, I'm exicted, haha!

Um, should I have mine yet...? I'd like to get started as soon as possible so I have time to write well rather than having to rush it, but if you still haven't got the prompts then no problems, I have plenty of time :cry:

Um, should I have mine yet...? I'd like to get started as soon as possible so I have time to write well rather than having to rush it, but if you still haven't got the prompts then no problems, I have plenty of time :cry:

Just PMed you :hug:

Okay! Everyone should now have their prompts – please let me know if anyone’s still waiting on a PM.

Posting dates! (All August)

16th - 18th MusicaDiabolos

18th Bongo, everest

19th 27jaredjensen, Leap-Year Kisses

20th scarlett_ohara2, PaperThings

21st Blah-San

22nd Sen Beret, tFM!

23rd Dusty15, catmuffinz, Grey On A Sunday

24th Jazz.

25th ooo

26th Sneesee, saulasneezes

27th High On Lullabies

28th blush, kristen

29th glowstick03

30th mads3rv3r

31st obsessed, ickydog2006

After the 31st: Kiwifruit, *lovely_lily*

Just to make life easy, when you're posting, please include the following:

- The words: "Secret Santa: for [your recipient]", somewhere in your post Title or Subtitle, so it's clearly visible.

- The prompt(s) you chose to write from, somewhere in your post (mainly because I have Plans for any leftover/unused prompts, and also so people can see what you were working from).

Note: there are a couple of questions I’ve been asked several times, so I thought I’d try to clarify here in case I’ve been unclear.

1. The lower word limit is 1,000 words. This means we’d like you to write at least roughly that much. If you want to write more, that’s absolutely up to you and I’m sure your recipient will be happy!

2. I asked for and passed on multiple prompts, to give authors a bit of choice. You are only required to write one of them. If you want to write more of them, again, absolutely up to you. (Authors who prefer drabbles may do this to fill the word limit, for example).

3. If you want to write more than one of the prompts, but think you can only get one finished by the deadline, that’s fine too – just please let me know which prompts you’re still working on so I don’t include them in my Leftover Prompts Plan.

4. Prompts are intended as idea-starters, not as absolute checklists. If there’s a part of the prompt that refuses to incorporate itself, that’s okay, don’t kill yourself trying to get it in. I’m only going to ask that everyone make an effort not to include anything their recipient dislikes.

So excited to see what you’ll all come up with!

Lastly, I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone participating! I was really nervous about this idea but it’s been so much fun, and the best part’s still to come! And special HUGE thanks to scarlett_ohara2 for talking me into this and then calmly listening to (reading?) me stressing about it at two in the morning. ^_^

Lizzie ^_^

P.S. I feel like I say this every three seconds, but I’m quite a shy person by nature so I know I’d need a lot of encouragement. Any questions, or if you feel like you’re stressing out and won’t make the deadline, or you’re worried you don’t know enough about your recipient, or you can’t handle the prompts, or you’re just having a bad day and need someone to shout at, etc…feel free to PM me. RL gets kind of crazy so it might take me a few days to get back to you but I’ll do my best to help or pass your question on to scarlett_ohara2 if I know I won’t have time.

Wait...is that the 29th my time or 29th American time? :twisted:

And again: thanks so much, ooo, for all the time and effort you've put into this :twisted:

Wait...is that the 29th my time or 29th American time? :bleh:

ooo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's just whatever time zone you're in. So... just whenever it is the 29th for you, that's when you can post! (Don't worry about what time it is here in the US... we're a little behind sometimes, :D )

I'm so sad I missed this! Such a lovely idea...I'll have to make sure not to miss the next one ^.^

Aw, I'm sorry you missed out! I am already having crazy thoughts about running another one closer to actual Christmas, so...

I can't believe how many people are playing! That's AWESOME!

*bounces*

^^ Agreed. New stories every day for two weeks? I so can't wait!!!

Right?? Yay, I'm so glad you guys are excited about this :D Thanks :heart:

I had a moment of thinking today was the first day of Secret Santa. D'oh.

Ahh, but it is!

(Yes, it changed a few minutes ago. I'm just messing with your head. But YAY, it has commenced!)

Quick FAQ, based on several PMs I've received :lol:

I'm busy the day I'm supposed to be posting. Is it okay if I post the night before or the next morning?

That's REALLY REALLY okay. Please don't stress. Thanks for caring enough to check, though, to all the people who have asked!

My prompt gives away the ending of my fic. What should I do?

I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry! You could spoiler the prompt at the start of your fic, or post it at the end, or any other way you can come up with, really! As long as I can find it when I go looking :blushing: If you'd really rather not post the prompt at all, that's okay, just let me know and I'll either figure it out or PM you to check.

I'm really stressed out that I won't be done by my posting date. What are the consequences if I don't finish on time?

Uh, nothing! If I've come off like I'm going to be super-military-disciplinary about this then I'm so sorry. I promise I'm not that scary!

That's not how I want this to be at all. I'd love for it to be a fun experience for everyone involved, but it's definitely not supposed to be a stressful one! The posting dates were there just so twenty-six people didn't spam the board all at once with massive amounts of fic...and so that the fun of this challenge could last for the whole two weeks!

Obviously we're hoping that everyone will be able to complete a fic eventually so that everyone can receive one as well! But I think everyone here is grown up enough to understand that sometimes life gets in the way of our very best intentions, and that sometimes patience is a necessary virtue.

So, in summary:

:) << This is not me. Except when I'm feeling especially kinky :sillybounce:

I'm not going to make my posting date. What should I do?

Okay, so no one's actually asked me this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Number one: don't stress. Number two: PM me, let me know how you're going and that you don't think you can make it. If you have an idea of when you'll be finished, let me know and I'll move your name; if you have no idea, let me know and I'll take your name off so you can post when you're ready. :laugh:

And, not a FAQ, but because I've had a few of these: Just a note on PMs that need a quick response.

If you've got a question that needs a fast response, you're totally welcome to PM me and if I'm home I'll do my very best to get back to you quickly. BUT. I'm a) in Australia, so when most of you are awake, I'm probably asleep, and b ) at Uni or at work 8-6 most days. So, chances are probably slim that you'll catch me online exactly when you need me!

If you've got a question that needs a quick answer (under 24 hours), you might want to try PMing both me and scarlett_ohara2 in the hopes that one of us might be home and online? Otherwise I do make an effort to check my PMs when I get home at night, so if it's an urgent question I'll get back to you :laugh:

Okay and lastly, thanks to everyone who's posted so far. This is so EXCITING!

If you've got a question that needs a quick answer (under 24 hours), you might want to try PMing both me and scarlett_ohara2 in the hopes that one of us might be home and online? Otherwise I do make an effort to check my PMs when I get home at night, so if it's an urgent question I'll get back to you :lmfao:

Yes, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions! I'm in the U.S., so for those of you who are more in that time zone, I can probably get back to you sooner than ooo can. Happy writing! :huh:

• 3 months later...

Sorry to thread-bump this, everyone! I made myself a masterlist of the fics posted for the Secret Santa, to help with some prompt-sorting I had to do, and I thought it might be useful to someone, somewhere, at some point :heart: If someone finds a missing fic or a broken link, feel free to let me know!

Secret Santa Masterlist

Original

For catmuffinz: 5 drabbles by glowstick03

For obsessed: Let it Snow by Sneesee.

For Kiwifruit: What You Get by obsessed.

For saulasneezes: Hayfever in March? by High on Lullabies.

For High on Lullabies: At The End of Her Rope by Blah-San.

For Sneesee: Untitled by Grey on a Sunday.

For Leap-Year Kisses: History Repeating by Dusty15.

For glowstick03: Swordplay by PaperThings.

Criminal Minds:

For MusicaDiabolos: Untitled by Jazz..

For Jazz.: Reid has a cold by ickydog2006.

Fullmetal Alchemist:

For Blah-San: Untitled by Sen Beret.

Glee:

For kristen: Airborne by ooo.

Grey’s Anatomy:

For Grey on a Sunday: Untitled by kristen.

Harry Potter:

For glowstick03: A Hero Down and The Better Twin by PaperThings.

For Dusty15: Happy Christmas by Leap-Year Kisses.

How I Met Your Mother:

For Sen Beret: Ewok Night by Bongo

iCarly

For Bongo: Untitled by tFM!.

South of Nowhere

For tFM!: Nurse Ashley by saulasneezes

Supernatural

For scarlett_ohara2: Abominable, or, They Exist and They Love Each Other by mads3rv3r

For mads3rv3r: One of Those Days by ooo.

For ooo: Shot Through the Heart by scarlett_ohara2.

For 27jaredjensen: The Trouble With Ewoks by MusicaDiabolos

For *lovely_lily*: Grape Juice by 27jaredjensen.

Sweeney Todd

For PaperThings: Always and Never by catmuffinz.

Teen Titans:

For Blah-San: Untitled by Sen Beret.

White Collar:

For ickydog2006: Untitled by everest.

Archived