Sneeze Fetish Forum

crashintome

i love reading...and sneezing in books is my fave but its very rare

a book i read lately mentioned the guy took allergy meds do i thought "score! here we go theres gunna be sneezing in this" but sadly there was none >:D

so does anyone know of any books with a fair bit of sneezing in? an idealy a good fiction

and one that definately doesnt have the word sneezing in the title (i would die if someone found out)

also on a diff note - anyone heard of any clips or mentions of anything to do with joaquin pheonix sneezing? he is just dreamy :laugh:

please help :D

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCakeIsAlive

• NoV

• Bondi

• Chanel_no5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only book I can think of is 'The Invisible Man' by H.G. Wells. It mentions sneezing several times (even stifles). It's not a focus of the book or anything, but it's definitely notable >:D

The only book I can think of is 'The Invisible Man' by H.G. Wells. It mentions sneezing several times (even stifles). It's not a focus of the book or anything, but it's definitely notable >:D

thanks...looks interesting too ill definately give it a look :D

I know that I've read a handful of books with sneezing in them... but at the moment most of them escape my memory! Silly me, the only thing that's coming to mind is the Goosebumps series, by R. L. Stine. :lol::blushing: So, if you want to relive your childhood (if you loved the series as much as I did), I can name a few titles. It's been years since I've read any, but a few of them definitely had memorable sneeze scenes. :yes::drool:

Book 8: The Girl Who Cried Monster: Main character is hiding behind bookshelves in an old, dusty library, watching a guy for a long time. Over the span of a couple of paragraphs, she describes how badly she needs to sneeze from the thick dust floating in the air. And yes, she does sneeze.

Book 12: Be Careful What You Wish For: No sneezing as far as I can remember, but apparently one girl has the flu? I don't seem to think it was a big deal though...

Book 14: The Werewolf of Fever Swamp: No sneezing again (sorry), but a few kids get fevers.

Book 20: The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight: A girl has hayfever, and has at least a couple of sneezing fits because, well, she's out on a farm with scarecrows!

Book 35: A Shocker on Shock Street: A girl gets a few spiders up her nose, which she sneezes out. Ew. :lol:

Heh... wow, this is sophisticated stuff. Sorry about that, I couldn't help myself. Hopefully I'll think of something better to add later. :blushing:

If you like Christopher Pike at all, several of his books contain sneezing. Same for Stephen King. I have also read a few romance noves where the authors use random sneezes, which always tickle my fancy.

I thought there used to be a massive thread listing books with sneezing, but I can't seem to find it. Would be a shame if we lost it! I can remember Pollen by Jeff Noon, but it's a sci-fi story if I remember right.

The book Chimera by Rob Thurman has some sneezing in it. It's kind of sci-fi/action about a member of the Russian mafia who's looking for his brother. The main charcter has cat allergies, and they run into cats in the tail end of the book. It was nice. :) I think she goes into some detail about it, too, though of course not full-on fetish descriptions.

Another book by Rob Thurman: In the Cal Leandros series, either Moonshine (book 2) or Madhouse (book 3) mentions that Cal's awesome Gypsy-ninja brother is allergic to dog dander... while they're on a road trip with part-dog werewolves. I can't remember if there's any actual sneezing, but the mention made me happy. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any mention of this in book 5, Roadkill, even though the guys are in a similar situation. One of the disappointments of that book. Sigh.

Edited by Leap-Year Kisses

Stephen King.

In Tommyknockers, the main character sneezes in her sleep several times as she's "transforming". (about 2/3 way into the book)

In ... argh... Drawing of the Three, I think (one of the first three Dark Tower books), there's this massive half-cybernetic bear that has a sneezing fit.

Those are the only two I can actually pick out of my foggy memory LOL

Stephen King.

In Tommyknockers, the main character sneezes in her sleep several times as she's "transforming". (about 2/3 way into the book)

In ... argh... Drawing of the Three, I think (one of the first three Dark Tower books), there's this massive half-cybernetic bear that has a sneezing fit.

Those are the only two I can actually pick out of my foggy memory LOL

I've just checked through the first Dark Tower books, and the bear is in the first section of The Waste Lands. :)

The Stand also has a lot of sneezing in the first few chapters.

I thought there used to be a massive thread listing books with sneezing, but I can't seem to find it. Would be a shame if we lost it! I can remember Pollen by Jeff Noon, but it's a sci-fi story if I remember right.

I seem to think there was another thread too... although I might be thinking of a different one. The one I remember was people listing sneezes from lots of different types of media though. TV shows, movies, books, comics, etc. It was a really long thread that probably could have been broken into a number of smaller threads.

Edited by Raining Strawberry

There definitely was a Stephen King thread at one time.. I think! lol Maybe we should sticky a book thread as we do with other media!

Also there are sneezes in Stephen King's "A Doctor's Case" in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes collection... Sherlock Holmes is allergic to cats in it. I think there was also a sneeze in Desperation.. but it was pretty gross in that the cop sneezed blood over the windscreen of his car while driving.

I think I have a few (all M, by the way). Margaret Doody, Aristotle Detective (don't laugh - it was a Christmas present!) has a decent amount of sneezing towards the middle of the book, when the main character catches a cold. Flann O'Brien's At Swim-Two-Birds features an odd description of a character sneezing (not supposed to be a very attractive person if I remember well). One of the short stories in Italo Calvino's Marcovaldo has Marcovaldo himself sneezing from having been buried under a pile of snow. Tolstoy's Four Reading Books - but I'm not sure if this is the actual title in English; a collection of semi-pedagogical short stories for children - contain this one tale about a thief who seeks refuge under a heap of tobacco leaves... you can imagine the rest. A scene in Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals has the main character's older brother fall into a river or pond, catching a cold, and succumbing to a sneezing fit (although I believe it is only described in sound terms, as the narrator was in another room?). This is all I can think of now!

The Hunters' Haunt, by Dave Duncan has a good amount in it, from a sick minstrel.

And Leap-Year Kisses... thank you for the head's up. I've been reading those books and that gives me a little extra to look forward to.

The Princess Test by Gail Carson Levine has some sneezing. The main character is out in the rain and catches a cold. A lot of sneezes are mentioned and some are even peppered into the dialog :bday:

One of my favorite sneezing books is Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody (Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody in the US I believe?). It involves traveling snuff: you sniff it, and sneeze, and instead of the snuff flying out of your nose, it stays still and you move :popesmiley:

'The Hobbit' - J.R.R Tolkien. :popesmiley:

If I remember correctly. Bilbo falls into a river and catches a cold from which he sneezes multiple times.

In the Darkover novel 'Rediscovery' by Marion Bradley, Ysaye suffers from a lot of allergies. She sneezes at least twice in the books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_Power

Awful islamic terrorists take the white house hostage novel... seriously bad, I read it on a plane because someone had left it in the departure lounge!

BUT... the retired marine who shows him into the building is allergic to dust and they have to crawl through very dusty crawl spaces... and I found those pages very enjoyable lol

There definitely was a Stephen King thread at one time.. I think! lol Maybe we should sticky a book thread as we do with other media!

Also there are sneezes in Stephen King's "A Doctor's Case" in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes collection... Sherlock Holmes is allergic to cats in it. I think there was also a sneeze in Desperation.. but it was pretty gross in that the cop sneezed blood over the windscreen of his car while driving.

oooh yes, I remember that story. I was particularly fond of it, as I'm a big Jeremy Brett - Holmes fan :D

Hero by Perry Moore :laugh:

It's sort of about superheros, but it is honestly one of the best books I've read in awhile!

One of the main-ish character's super power is to make people sick; and he sneezes throughout the whole book :hug:

Just a warning though; There is mentioning of vomiting.

YES. I love that book. I think I made a thread for it when I first joined; in fact, if I remember correctly, that was my very first post or close to it.

I LOVE LARRY (the sneezy character) SO MUCH. (SPOILER): Especially when it said he sneezed uncontrollably through the funeral.

YES. I love that book. I think I made a thread for it when I first joined; in fact, if I remember correctly, that was my very first post or close to it.

I LOVE LARRY (the sneezy character) SO MUCH. (SPOILER): Especially when it said he sneezed uncontrollably through the funeral.

um, um, um, um, EPIC. :hypoc:

I LOVE LARRY TOO, ohmygod. AGREED; The funeral was all sad but Larry sneezing through it just made my life :laugh:

I love how we read a lot of the same things, Paper. (can I call you that? D: )

AND BTW;

I'mreadingTheHungerGamesnowc:

There's quite a bit of sneezing in the novelization of the movie Stargate from Daniel Jackson due to allergies. I had actually posted all the sneezy quotes I could find from that book awhile back but can't seem to find the post anymore.

For anyone who missed my post a few weeks ago, pretty much all the books by David Mitchell have got sneezing in them in some form or another (mainly male). I would particularly recommend 'number9dream' and 'The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet' for fans of male sneezing! Excellent books both - enjoy :(

If I recall, there were quite a few instances in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon in which the main character, Jamie Fraser, sneezes from an allergy to hyacinths (in the second book, Dragonfly in Amber) as well as colds etc. There are also mentions of other characters sneezing on ocassion.