Sneeze Fetish Forum

crashintome

sillystarsmoons

I had a children's book with sneezing it's called Robert The Rose Horse its a Dr Suess book by Joan Heilbroner

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCakeIsAlive

• NoV

• Bondi

• Chanel_no5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading all of these REALLY makes me want to publish my Novel! Perhaps I'll see it listed here someday...

:lol:

Seaside Letters by Desinse Hunter has sneezing in it. I actually posted the scene in the book with in the stories section, if you want to read it.

• 1 month later...

I read a book years ago called The Stargazer by Michele Jaffe. It was a mystery/romance book and towards the end the main female character sneezes a lot due to an allergy to some kind of flower. It's been one of my favorite books ever since I read it and not just because of the sneezing (although it definitely helps!) It's the first in a series of four. I've only read the first 2 and so far only Stargazer has any sneezing in it. But I highly recommend it and its a good book even if you don't read the three that come after it. The romance scenes are really graphic though. Hope that doesn't bother anyone.

A few male from memory.

A Thousand Bones by P.J. Parrish has a male detective catch a cold in this fantastic mystery novel. Quite a number of sneezes iirc, and he's walking around with tissues the whole time. Awwww~

One of the Sookie Stackhouse books mentions Sam's hayfever, but I don't think they ever touched base on this one (DAMNITDAMNIT).

Richard Jury has a few books in his series with a very secondary but reoccuring character is always sick and/or allergic to something constantly. There are so many books in the series and I had a list of the ones with sneezing in them, but I'll have to update this when I get home.

Ok just some randomness. :hug:

One of the Sookie Stackhouse books mentions Sam's hayfever, but I don't think they ever touched base on this one (DAMNITDAMNIT).

Can anyone elaborate on this? Sam is my favorite character from those books and I'd LOVE to read/see him sneeze. :D:wub:

Can anyone elaborate on this? Sam is my favorite character from those books and I'd LOVE to read/see him sneeze. :D:wub:

Dead As A Doornail: Chapter One

Sam was the bartender, the bouncer, and on occasion the cook, but lately we'd been lucky in getting our positions filled: Sam's seasonal allergies had hit hard, making him less than ideal as a food handler. The new cook had shown up in ...

Googlebook searched Sookie Stackhouse "allergies". Sadly, that's the only time they mentioned it, afaik.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Sam is my favorite character from those books and I'd LOVE to read/see him sneeze. :):wub:

Dead As A Doornail: Chapter One

Sam was the bartender, the bouncer, and on occasion the cook, but lately we'd been lucky in getting our positions filled: Sam's seasonal allergies had hit hard, making him less than ideal as a food handler. The new cook had shown up in ...

Googlebook searched Sookie Stackhouse "allergies". Sadly, that's the only time they mentioned it, afaik.

I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse novels to date, and I'm afraid I don't recall any sneezes in any of them. But if there were any female, I may have forgotten out of disinterest. I don't think True Blood mentions Sam's allergies either. Rats!!

Well, there's no sneezing, but I know Les Miserables has some excellent stuffy-talk on the part of Joly (the hypochondriac med student). So, y'know, if you're willing to go through 1400+ pages of some of the best literature ever written, there's a little bit of a bonus in there. Slightly hampered, unfortunately, by the fact that he and all his friends DIE in the name of their incredibly noble cause within the next 24 hours, but still...

Ughhh...

Let me remember something.... I'm a tiny little bookworm, I read anything!!!!

Harry Potter and a Chamber of Secrets - Snape (!!!), but sadly, nothing special

House of Night, first novel

The Alchemist by Michael Scott- Scatty, allergies

There is also sneezing in lots of Stephen King's novels (that guy could have a sneezing fetish):

IT, part one- Pennywise, in a shape of a werewolf, because of the sneezing powder

Lisey's Story, part two- Scott Landon, as a kid, and because of a cold (as an aduld) , a week before his death

This is all I can remember right now...

I really wonder if L.E. Modesitt is a sneeze fetishist. I loaded a bunch of pirated books onto my Kindle and did a search for sneezing (yes, I practice sustainable piracy and buy them in hardcopy if I like them enough to re-read, rather like I would use a library, no flames please) - anyway, several of his books have two- or three-page sequences where people have sneeze attacks, and there are characters who sneeze repeatedly throughout books of his.

I would second the book Invisible Man by H.G. Wells. Certainly enjoyable book! <3

Another that hasn't been mentioned yet is Howl's Moving Castle by Diane Wynn Jones. While the movie was made famous by Miyazaki, the novel in my opinion is slightly superior for one reason... Howl catches a massive cold and sneezes/blows his nose all the time for two or three chapters in the middle of the book. Quite lovely and involves some care-taking for those of you who like that. Overall, the book is very well written, magical, and very entertaining.

I found the manga online :(

http://manga.animea.net/howl-s-moving-cast...r-1-page-1.html

I don't have time to read it though. If somebody find's any sneezes, could you please point them out to us? Thank youu!

I've noticed in a couple of Carl Hiaasen paperbacks that (female) characters sneezed without advancing the plot. Very entertaining writer too.

Yes, I love him! Also, in his book, "Sick Puppy," the main male character is mentioned having a sneezing fit, much to my delight.

• 1 month later...

Today I encountered a book that looked uhm... promising in fetishy terms, so I decided to leaf through it and note down the title. The book is originally written in French and I'm not sure whether it's translated into English (yet). It's about a nose that's congested and travels to find the 'great handkerchief' and meets other congested noses on the way (it's written in congested-speak). They meet Sergeant Pepper who apparently brings relief to many of the noses but not all and the quest continues. :P

- Olivier Douzou; Le Nez

I dont know, if these books were published also in your country. But there exist several (10?) (very good) crime stories from the Swedish authors-couple Maj Sjöwall / Per Wahlöö. (I only would know some of the German titles, and I think, its not very helpful :-() The main character, "officer" Beck several times catches a cold, sneezes and has to blow his nose. But this is only "by the way", has nothing to do with the story. And I don´t remember at which part of the books it was, so you would have to read a lot - but the stories are good - describing the life in Sweden in the 70ies and early 80ies.

I'm nearly done with a book called A Great and Terrible Beauty (second time reading it! It's AMAZING beyond belief. And it's steampunk! :D ), and there's only one sneeze---from a girl named Felicity about halfway through, after she is pushed into a lake by her friend Gemma---but, for those who are into it, there are multiple mentions of females having runny noses. In fact, one character, Ann, has been described---word for word--- as having a "perpetually runny nose."

So. Yes. I would recommend it, even if there weren't all the fetishy talk going on in there.

Edit because I didn't mention the author! Her name is Libba Bray. She's pretty popular---in America, at least---so any decent sized library should have the book.

Edited by Galaxy

snapback.pngspoider, on Sep 17 2010, 12:32 AM, said:

I would second the book Invisible Man by H.G. Wells. Certainly enjoyable book! <3

Another that hasn't been mentioned yet is Howl's Moving Castle by Diane Wynn Jones. While the movie was made famous by Miyazaki, the novel in my opinion is slightly superior for one reason... Howl catches a massive cold and sneezes/blows his nose all the time for two or three chapters in the middle of the book. Quite lovely and involves some care-taking for those of you who like that. Overall, the book is very well written, magical, and very entertaining.

I found the manga online :)

http://manga.animea.net/howl-s-moving-cast...r-1-page-1.html

I don't have time to read it though. If somebody find's any sneezes, could you please point them out to us? Thank youu!

Since this is just a "screenplay manga" unfortunately it contains only screen caps from the movie. So no sneezes. :/

Edited by Tangerine
  • 2 months later...

Resurrecting this old topic (for a reason tonguesmiley.gif ), but here is an update on the Rachel Morgan books that I have mentioned last year in this thread, since I have now finished all 9 that have been released so far (the 10th is due next month and the author is contracted to write 6 more). These might be spoilers for those who want to read the series, but here goes.

Demons in this universe sneeze when someone summons them and continue to sneeze until they respond to the summoner. Since Rachel is revealed to be at least part-demon later on in the series, this applies to her.

Because of this, Rachel sneezes a lot from Book 5 onward, except for Book 7, where this is only one mention of sneezing and Rachel doesn't actually sneeze in that book. Other characters sneeze as well in the book series, but Rachel does it the most. One of the chapters in book 5, when she finds out about this, could easily pass as a story written by one of us. The rest of the sneezing scenes aren't nearly as overboard or detailed, but still more so than most other sneeze instances in a published book and this is one of the few instances out of the many books with sneezing in them that I've read that the sneezer is someone who I would want to see or hear about sneezing. :P The books themselves aren't the best things ever written and they certainly have their flaws, but they're entertaining enough and it would be worth checking them out. :)

Dealing with Dragons is a book I remember from my childhood - it's about a rebellious princess who runs away from her kingdom to live with the dragons. There was one part in particular that I read over and over and over again... one of the dragons has an allergy attack because he ate a wizard. XD I found the part if anyone wants it.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread before (but correct me if I'm wrong) the fourth Percy Jackson book (Battle of the Labyrinth) has some sneezing from a cyclops called Tyson, who is apparently allergic to Satyrs. From memory there were 3 or 4 mentions of sneezing in that book.

Hellllo~ Does anyone read The Saga of Darren Shan a.k.a Cirque Du Freak or The Saga of Larten Crepsley. For those who don't know, The Saga of Larten Crepsley is a fairly recent prequel series to The Saga of Darren Shan. I love both series and their wonderful author sooo much.

I bought the second in the Larten Crepsley series as soon as it came out and, much to my delight, it happens to include some very interesting chapters. And by interesting I mean a sexy orange-haired vampire sick in bed for chapters at a time. If I'm not mistaken, there is sneezing, nose blowing, and mentions of handkerchief using, not to mention a crazy fever that follows Larten through a good chunk of the book. (Apparently vampire sicknesses last a lot longer than human ones <3)

Besides that, the whole sick thing is actually somewhat plot relevant. I seriously could have died when I started reading... certain parts. Anyway, definitely worth checking out.

Oh Darren Shan, never stop writing. Ever.

• 2 months later...