Sneeze Fetish Forum

crashintome

Ah yeah The Gamble is lovely, she mentions colds quite a bit, are any of her other books like that? Only read this one.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCakeIsAlive

• NoV

• Bondi

• Chanel_no5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have only read that one unfortunately, but the second one of the colorado series is on my to read list!

• 2 weeks later...

In "The Bobbsey Twins' Search for The Green Rooster" there is a nice (short) female sneezing-while-hiding scene . I've had the book since early childhood and I keep it in a safe place

I don't know if this is on the list already, but in "The Scarlet Pimpernel" by Baroness Orczy(?), there's a sneezing fit. The book is about an English nobleman who pretends to be a rich fop to hide his vigilante activities as the Scarlet Pimpernel (kind of like an early Bruce Wayne). He helps French aristocrats escape post-Revolution France. In the book, there's a scene where he tricks the French Minister of Justice into taking pepper, thinking it's snuff, and escapes during the following sneezing attack.

It's a pity we don't see this in either film adaption. In the newer A&E version, the guy is pretty handsome. blushsmiley.gif (And the actor playing the Pimpernel. He has...kind of a big nose. whistling.gif And I love the chemistry he has with his wife).

In Susan Cooper's "Over Sea, Under Stone". One brother sneezes when they find a trapdoor into a dusty attic, and she describes (in detail, with buildup) the other brother sneezing as he gets to the top of the ladder.

In "Anne of Windy Poplars", the fourth book in the "Anne of Green Gables" series, there's a scene where Anne has a cold while one of her younger female students/friends barges in to accuse her of trying to steal her "boyfriend". She sneezes a lot (which prevents her from interrupting the other girl's rant), and they spell them out as "kershoo". I can't remember which book it's from, but there's another scene where another friend is telling her about being proposed to while she was ill, and that she "sneezed three times during it".

Don't think I've seen it posted here but 'The Way of Kings: The Stormlight Archive' contains reference to sneezing (but sadly no actual sneezing...yet) when a female character talks about her allergies to flowers and the violence of her sneezing fits. I say 'yet' because I have not started the rather epic sequel 'Words of Radiance' and there is still every chance that this character's allergies may play into the plot... Anyway, it happens in Chapter 3: City of Bells if you're interested.

On an aside, is anyone else obsessed with this series? Maybe I should start an Off Topic thread...

I get a daily deals sort of email for my kindle and this one popped up today:

A Malady of Magicks

By Craig Shaw Gardner

What if a wizard were allergic to magic? Between sneezing fits, Ebenezum and his apprentice Wuntvor race to find a cure in this hilarious, rollicking adventure from a New York Times bestselling author.

Here's a link for more info-- http://www.amazon.co...lady of magicks

Thought it was worth mentioning! The kindle version is on sale for .99 until Feb 1.

I just came across this recently. I haven't read it yet, so I don't know how much sneezing there is in the book, but there's sneezing right on the first page. The plot of this book seems like a fetish fic if ever I saw one. So fess up, which one of you wrote this? :laugh:

It should be noted that this book is the first in a trilogy so I'll bet there's sneezing throughout all three books. The other two books are A Multitude of Monsters and Night in the Netherhells.

I sense this book is probably more good for a laugh than actual fetish material though, unless old wizards with long flowing beards like Gandalf or Dumbledore do it for you. If I read this book it will probably be because I'm looking for something funny to read rather than looking for fetish material.

• 3 weeks later...

In Book 42 of the Animorphs series, the group have to shrink down to 1/100 of an inch and go into their friend, Marco,'s nose to get the villains out, who previously crawled inside to kill him. He sneezes once before his friends shrink down and then he sneezes again while they're inside his nasal passage.

Here's a link to a sample of the book, which includes Marco's first sneeze: http://www.angelfire...iSample/42.html

The Dresden Files books mention sneezing a few times. The main character, Harry Dresden (Chicago's only professional wizard/private investigator) sneezes several times in the first book, Storm Front, due to a scent tracking spell. (I don't think any of them are spelled out, but it's definitely mentioned several times.) That, of course, got me really excited, but then there was little or no sneezing for a long time... Until book 13, Ghost Story, in which sneezing is mentioned several times. Although there is no actual sneezing, a couple of these descriptions did tickle my fancy so to speak:

One character, Molly, mentions that she thinks she's getting a cold.

Dresden narrates, "I remembered the way tears felt, sliding free of my eyes, the annoying blockage of congestion when I had a cold, and a thousand other things..."

And my personal favorite, also narrated by Dresden, "It was a little ticklish, taking the shield down in time to allow the grenades to pass by, then bringing it up again, the wizardly equivalent of interrupting a sneeze, but I pulled it off."

I think it was mentioned one other time in that book, but I don't remember when.

Also, in Black Heart, book 4 of the Vampirates series (which is about - surprise - vampire pirates), a girl has a sneezing fit after being in the cold water.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before but since I did a search with no results I'll list it here anyway.

In "The White Dragon" by Anne McCaffrey, Jaxom (m, 18, young Lord Holder and dragonrider of the white dragon Ruth) falls ill to a serious disease known as fire head which at the onset has signs and symptoms similar to a cold.

A chill shook Jaxom and he sneezed. Shells, if he was heard sneezing about the Hold, he'd be subjected to some of those noxious medicinces Deelan foisted on everyone... He escaped the dosing only because he kept out of Deelan's way by staying in his own quarters... He hoped that his sneezing would abate by evening.
He had achieved a respectable map of D'ram's cove when a knock on the door broke his concentration. He sniffled mightily before calling permission to enter. His voice didn't seem too affected by the congestion in his head.
Jaxom was conscious of a stuffiness in his head, a tightness in his throat and a general sense of unfitness. Under his breath he cursed himself for that moment's thoughtlessness that was going to make his first Threadfall mighty uncomfortable... He sneezed several times as he dressed. That cleared his nose, but left his head aching. He put on his warmest underfur, heaviest tunic, pants and extra liners in his boots. He was sweltering when he and Ruth left their quarters.
Jaxom sneezed once more, an exhalation that rocked him back on his heels.

Are you all right? Ruth's eyes whirled faster in concern.

"For a damn fool who's caught a cold, yes, I'm all right. Let's get going. I'm boiling inside these furs."

Jaxom took Ruth to collect their firestone sack... While Ruth was chewing, Jaxom got himself a large mug of steaming klah, hoping it would revive him. He felt miserable, his nose clogging repeatedly. Fortunately the noise of so many dragons chewing stone masked his fits of sneezing.
The exhilaration of combat drained from Jaxom and his physical discomfort began to manifest itself. His head felt twice its proper size, his eyes were unaccountably filled with grit and ached hotly. His chest felt tighter, his throat raw. The illness had a good hold on him now. He'd been a fool to fight Thread. To compound his miseries, he didn't even have any sense of personal achievement after four hours of bloody hard work. He was thoroughly depressed.

And then a whole chapter of caregiving after a very dangerous, fevered, and delirious illness. No more sneezing but a long and slow recovery to regain strength.

When he woke, feeling rested and restless, he remembered not to move his head. He began to cast back through distorted memories of being hot and cold. He distinctly remembered reaching the cove, staggering into the shade, collapsing at the best of a redfruit tree, struggling to reach the cluster of fruit, longing for the liquid to cool his parched mouth and throat. That must have been when Ruth realized he was ill.
"Please drink all this juice," she said, and he felt the straw against his lips. "Another good sleep now and you're over the worst of it."

"You're a healer?" Jaxon was dismayed. Her voice had sounded so young.

"Certainly. You don't think they'd entrust the life of the Lord of Ruatha Hold to an apprentice? I've got a lot of experience getting people through fire-head."

Okay, this isn't an anglophone book, but appatently it's been translated to English and it's available on Amazon. :P

Croatian modern classic, Cyclops by Ranko Marinkovic, contains quite a few male sneezes, and there is also some awkward joking regarding the fact a female character's name is somewhat an onomatopeia of sneezing.

Besides that, it's quite a badass book. It's sort of similar to Joyce's Ulysses and it contains a shitload of literary references. A hard but enjoyable read. Kinda sexist, though.

• 1 month later...

In a weird book I'm reading (The Sword of Anton) there's a little girl who makes living things with her brothers and sisters. She mentions making sneezing flowers at one point.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this already (haha, just woke up and I'm too tired and lazy to check), but "When Santa Fell to Earth" by Cornelia Funke has a sneezy bit or two (near the middle I believe).

Niklas ends up catching a cold, and the Nutcrackers sneeze when they smell a real Santa (though that's not exactly all that attractive in my opinion... But Niklas more than makes up for it <3).

Erm... I think that's all. Been a while since I've read it, sorry ^^;

Also, just realized that most of my favorite books involve at least a bit of sneezing... XD

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this already (haha, just woke up and I'm too tired and lazy to check), but "When Santa Fell to Earth" by Cornelia Funke has a sneezy bit or two (near the middle I believe).

Niklas ends up catching a cold, and the Nutcrackers sneeze when they smell a real Santa (though that's not exactly all that attractive in my opinion... But Niklas more than makes up for it <3).

Erm... I think that's all. Been a while since I've read it, sorry ^^;

Also, just realized that most of my favorite books involve at least a bit of sneezing... XD

Hey, A-Place-to-be! I know you, you're from DA!
  • 3 weeks later...

I just scanned this entire thread to make sure the book I was thinking of hadn't yet been mentioned. Spellbinder by Melanie Rawn has a fair amount if sneezing. The protagonist (female) has an allergy that becomes a significant plot point. No spelled out sneezes, but some nice descriptions and the sneezing becomes more important as the book goes on. There is a sequel, Fire Raiser, but much less sneezing in that one, sadly.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet, but in God Emperor of Dune, which is the forth book in the Dune series, Nayla, who is a relatively minor character, sneezes when a bunch of kids give her flowers and she smells the flowers.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet, but in God Emperor of Dune, which is the forth book in the Dune series, Nayla, who is a relatively minor character, sneezes when a bunch of kids give her flowers and she smells the flowers.

Maybe my minds playing tricks on me, but I think there is also sneezing in Heretics of Dune (5th in the series?) when a female character is exploring a spice-filled chamber. I remember the edition I had had been attacked by bookworm and I was desperately trying to make out the words from the scene through the holes ;lol;

I haven't read Heretics of Dune yet (I plan on starting later today) but I guess that's something else to look forward to. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I finished Heretics of Dune today, and the female who sneezes from the spice is Darwi Odrade. I can't find any artist renditions of what Nayla in God Emperor of Dune might look like online and her physical descriptions in the book are kind of weird, what with the square head and all, but I kind of picture her as being a bigger and more athletic woman and we'll leave it at that since I don't think an adaptation of God Emperor of Dune would ever be made or would even work too well. :P I guess it's kind of weird because throughout the book series, people ingest the spice and I'm sure they inhale it but no one else has ever sneezed from it, but hey, since finding a sneeze that I would actually find enjoyable at all in a book is extremely rare, I'm not going to complain about it too much. :P I do wish that Heretics of Dune was a better book than it was, but I did enjoy parts of it, and I hope that Chapterhouse will be a return to the higher standard that Frank Herbert set for himself with the other four.

The main character in Courting Cate sneezes a few times (merely mentioned) in the first pages of the book due to residual sawdust in her father's cabinet shop. I was rather surprised to run across any mention of sneezing, considering the genre.

• 1 month later...

Stephen King's "Revival" has a few sneezes in it. I'm about 2/3 through, so I'll report if there's more later, but yep. The King is back in business.

(also, is a damn good story. Better than most of his work lately.)

^ male or female?

Oh, sorry. Male. Of course, King's sneeze interest doesn't seem to involve the ladies very often. :rolleyes:

In Clive Barker's Sacrament, there's this one minor character who sneezes whenever he gets sad, upset, depressed, etc. and in the chapter he is in, he sneezes a lot, and it is said that his whole family is like that and they were this huge sneezy mess during a funeral a while ago. And then afterwards it's never brought up again and I don't think we ever see that character again either. Kind of weird since Clive Barker doesn't usually include sneezing in any of his books at all.