Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hoarseness and loss of voice

Jorm

I know this has been talked about here and there, but I don't think we've ever actually had a thread specifically devoted to it. And I've been going through a faze :)

I've been slightly obsessed recently with people sounding really hoarse and/or losing their voice, mostly in terms of it being as a result of sickness, but also as a result of talking overusing their voice. There's just something about it that I've been finding really attractive recently and it's been taking on a big role in my fantasies of late. I just like everything about it. The scratchiness of the voice, the need to clear one's throat, the way people's voices sometimes seem to come in and out when they're losing it. I suspect part of it is that it pushes some of my hurt/comfort care taking buttons. The image of someone, preferably a man for me, with a scarf wrapped around their sore scratchy throat sipping tea all miserable and sickly :D Makes me slightly giddy. :laugh:

Does anyone else find that loss of voice and hoarseness or sore throats factors heavily into your fetish at times?

I feel like my sneeze fetish bred mini-fetishes/attractions to all sorts of cold-related things, and this would be one of them :blushing: So much so that it doesn't even necessarily have to come with a bad cold or sneezing for me to go "Awww!" :laugh: (#AwwwFactor)

I *love* the sound of a broken, weak, or wavering voice... it does push my hurt/comfort buttons. I come at it mostly from a crying fetish perspective, though. Never thought of other situations... but I suppose someone's voice that is cracking for other reasons could also potentially push those buttons... hmmm, why not? I basically like that they can't control it and sound weaker than normal... yep, that vulnerability/awww thing...

Aaaah yes. I'm starting to realize the beauty of hoarseness. :laugh: I wouldn't rate it at stand-alone fetish status, just a mini-fetish, like zneeze said. My enjoyment of it in fics depends on my mood... and unfortunately I haven't seen too many people in real life (outside of family) who have been hoarse on a sexy level. Boo. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that now, especially since it's cold/flu season. :laugh:

And yes, someone feeling the need to drink tea and wear scarves is tremendously appealing. :blushing:

I *love* the sound of a broken, weak, or wavering voice... it does push my hurt/comfort buttons. I come at it mostly from a crying fetish perspective, though.

Oh I enjoy this very much too. And the whole "about to cry" voice... wavering and strained, oh my :)

The image of someone, preferably a man for me, with a scarf wrapped around their sore scratchy throat sipping tea all miserable and sickly :winkkiss: Makes me slightly giddy. :heart:

:) !

I also like the idea that an attractive man doesn't give his voice enough rest while having a (preferably messy) cold, and loses it. There's something so incredibly helpless about that, my maternal instinct goes on an overdrive.

Oh, God yes. I love it when people lose control over their voices. It can be because anything really, from pain or strong emotion to sickness and physical damage. Voices really is my thing, my big THING-thing, and I could spend forever just listening to and analyzing a nicely broken male voice, over and over. The rasp of hoarseness, increased voice depth, throat-clearing, audible swallowing, the wet little 'click' at the back of the throat that comes from dislodging phlegm or tear-mixed mucus... all unintentional sounds and voice-changes like that are insanely sexy to me, and my liking for this kind of things only seem to get stronger with time.

Edited by VoOs

I always react if people sound hoarse, and I do it in that good way. And as you say, I like it even when it's a result of people overusing their voice. I suppose it's connected to the cold-fancy of mine. Colds infallibly bleed into to the voice like malicious red ink to a snow white sheet of absorbing paper... *odd metaphor is odd* Perhaps it's because I relate to what I really like, and... wait, whatever. I really like affected voices. Loss of voice is fantastic as well. Not something you encounter daily, but when I do I'm always amazed.

And I can even like being hoarse myself, for some reason I can't explain.

So. yes. I love it. :heart:

Wow...how strange that this topic would come up! I get hoarse 3 or 4 times a year for about a week each, usually secondary to either an allergy flare-up or a cold. Last year I spent 6 weeks out of the year hoarse...<_< Two concerts, three bad allergy flare-ups, and one cold.

The reason I say it's strange that this came up is because I woke up hoarse this morning, and with a scratchy throat. I feel okay so I'm thinking allergies. What a bunch of poo. :hug:

Oh, God yes. I love it when people lose control over their voices. It can be because anything really, from pain or strong emotion to sickness and physical damage. Voices really is my thing, my big THING-thing, and I could spend forever just listening to and analyzing a nicely broken male voice, over and over.

Unf, me tooooo.

And I agree with those of you that say it must push some of your hurt/comfort care taking buttons. That's definitely a big part of it for me.

As an aside, because I’m all about this show these days and because I was re-watching this episode last night,

(on youtube) from "Supernatural" that features my most favourite hoarse/broken!voice of all time if anyone's interested. Actually, this is the only clip featuring that that I’ve come across on any of my fave TV shows, but you know, it’s still awesome. (The cause is the after-effects of strangulation, with a side of man-tears, and apparently the actor was sick during filming as well, fyi. And there are big spoilers for s4 of the show, if that matters to you.)

The only time I get hoarse myself is from talking too much, and I kind of like it. I have a little girly voice normally, and telemarketers, etc. always ask if my mom's home when I pick up the phone.

yes! i love the whole sick/stuffy/runny noses and a sore throat! it's so sexy! it has definetly become a mini fetish of mine! <3

I love it, too!

Seeing as I don't really have a sneeze fetish, but I just love the idea of an attractive guy having a cold so much.

Most of the time, it doesn't even turn me on sexually that much, but it just makes me so *satisfied*. Anynone know what I mean?

So yeah, hoarse voice is great. And that can sound amazingly sexy, of course.

I am a big music fan and I love it when a (preferrably attractive) singer is struggling at a gig because of sickness. And has to mention/apologize for it.

Unfortunately, most of the bands I really like don't have the hottest singers...

As I posted before, I can't stand Jared Leto and his pretentious arrogant personality, but he is too gorgeous to be ignored, and he has A LOT of voice problems and sounds really sexy then.

Also, Chris Cornell of Soundgarden fame, apologized at an Audioslave gig I was for being sick and sounding like crap.

What I find interesting is that there different kinds of hoarseness. Like the voice can get deeper or higher. I often find when someone is really hoarse, their voice isn't all gravelly, but rather higher pitched. I wonder what it depends on.

I saw this thread and it came up my mind that I just saw this movie trailer "Stone" and it has Edward Norton in it that has a really scratchy voice.

Here's the link if someone is interested :(

Anyway from my side hoarse voice is not so vital but it does tingle me and I happen to truly appreciate it from times to times :D

Edited by MissyLovesSneezes

Oh, yes!

Hoarse/broken voice (dang, I like the way I can say it in Finnish... .__.) is something almost too lovely to hear (and, of course, if someone has lost their voice... :drool:)... Preferably due to sickness. If I know someone has lost their voice because of overusing it, it prettymuch dissapoints me... Though I do still like it, just not as much.

...And the way a sore thorat feels...

Edited by Sitruuna
Wow...how strange that this topic would come up! I get hoarse 3 or 4 times a year for about a week each, usually secondary to either an allergy flare-up or a cold. Last year I spent 6 weeks out of the year hoarse...:) Two concerts, three bad allergy flare-ups, and one cold.

The reason I say it's strange that this came up is because I woke up hoarse this morning, and with a scratchy throat. I feel okay so I'm thinking allergies. What a bunch of poo. :D

You might think it's a bunch of poo, but I think it's totally hot! :D

I feel like my sneeze fetish bred mini-fetishes/attractions to all sorts of cold-related things, and this would be one of them :yes: So much so that it doesn't even necessarily have to come with a bad cold or sneezing for me to go "Awww!" :P (#AwwwFactor)

I feel the exact same way. My sneeze fetish has bred other mini fetishes like coughing, even smoking (to a lesser extent), cold fetish, runny nose fetish, sniff fetish (very slight), hoarse voice, and so on...

I found this forum only a few days ago, and was shocked to find threads about hoarseness and colds, sniffing, etc. I thought I was just weird.

I love hoarse voices. I don't like it in myself when I wanna sing (which I love), but I love hearing it in other people, either from colds or otherwise. I don't much like the high squeaky voices, more the deeper, whispery/scratchy types.

Good stuff!

• 2 months later...

I like it in other people, but not when it's my voice. My throat has been bugging me and I finally gave up trying to sing today because I knew my voice sounded like crap. I think attempting to sing just made it worse *cough* :-(.

I don't like being hoarse or losing my voice..but I think it's adorable when that happens to other people. Though, if it drives me batty to be that way, I can only imagine how the other person feels!

I think my reply before might have lacked some of the feeling it should have had... And it didn't tell all it should have told!

This whole hoars voice -thing is actually bigger part of my fetish than sneezing. Or as big. I don't know. Usually they might be at the same level but every now and then one of them kinda like... comes more to the surface or so. Anyways, I need a whole bunch of other things to go alnog with the sneezes to enjoy them. But colds totally do it for me. There is nothing better than a man with a very bad cold~:yuck::P

Also... Does anyone of you have a link to this one youtube video where there's a man lieing down on a bed or something, playing a quitar, singing with this lovely, hoars voice, the lyrics tell how he's having a bad cold? x33 Still some time ago I could find that video easily, but now I just can't find it... Makes me sad.

Also, my last post was full of spelling mistakes. xD It bothers me...

Edited by Sitruuna
Oh, God yes. I love it when people lose control over their voices. It can be because anything really, from pain or strong emotion to sickness and physical damage. Voices really is my thing, my big THING-thing, and I could spend forever just listening to and analyzing a nicely broken male voice, over and over. The rasp of hoarseness, increased voice depth, throat-clearing, audible swallowing, the wet little 'click' at the back of the throat that comes from dislodging phlegm or tear-mixed mucus... all unintentional sounds and voice-changes like that are insanely sexy to me, and my liking for this kind of things only seem to get stronger with time.

Oh gosh, I just agree with every part of this. I love colds, but I don't even need sneezing, just the voice.