Sneeze Fetish Forum

Nose blowing survey

Yep

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet?

2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time?

3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose?

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose?

5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose?

6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose?

7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose?

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box?

9) When was the last time you blew your nose?

10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy?

11) What color was the discharge?

12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose?

13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others?

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose?

15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you?

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose?

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy?

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)?

19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend?

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them?

21) How would you help them??

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it?

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose?

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge?

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it?

I know that this survey was longer than the cold survey, I hope it wasn't too long for anyone and hope that you enjoyed answering the questions. Have a great day!!

J

soft and quiet

one at a time

both :cold:

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose?

straight ahead

one to be environmentally friendly

yep

white kleenex

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box?

yep, kleenex (white) in my bathroom on my vanity. normal sized box that's under a penguin igloo for decoration :disco:

yesterday

yes;yes;not too bad...

clear

yeah lol

yes which is why i dont

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose?

i dont do it in front of people

depends... parents, yes. i hate when they even talk about tissues!

boyfriend or people that are attractive? no... its hot

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose?

depends on who they are...

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy?

depends... boyfriend, i talk to him because he sounds sexy :ph34r:

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)?

i would enjoy their sniffles and ask if they were ok, if they needed anything, if they wanted a tissue :wub:

nah... i'd enjoy it

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them?

omg! i would love too! i would want to do it, but i dont want to weird him out!

in everyway possible :zippy2:

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it?

hell no... i dont like it done to me

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose?

i'd just wait till i got home

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge?

nah

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it?

I know that this survey was longer than the cold survey, I hope it wasn't too long for anyone and hope that you enjoyed answering the questions. Have a great day!!

J

Soft and quiet usually, but sometimes hard and loud to get everything out

One nostril at a time

Both hands usually, but sometimes one hand (if I need to blow my nose while I am driving)

I usually look straight ahead, but sometimes I bend over while blowing my nose (if there's going to be a lot coming out, not sure why I do that)

I usually use one at a time, but if there's going to be a lot and the tissues are thin, I usually use two at a time

Yes

I usually use white Kleenex tissues, but my favorite are Puffs tissues (they're so soft)

I have some in my room. They're Surpass (cheap brand), and the tissues are beige

Earlier this morning

Yes. It sounded like a lot, and wasn't too soggy

Clear

Always. Even in public (but usually pretty quick)

Sometimes, especially if I know it's going to be really soggy. Not sure why

If it's someone I am comfortable around, then I'll face them the entire time. Otherwise, I'll try to turn away or go into another room

No. Not at all.

I almost always face them and talk to them (if I am currently in a conversation with them), unless I sense that they're uncomfortable with it, then I'll give them their privacy and turn away

See answer #16

I would ask them if they were okay or needed a tissue. If they kept doing it for a while, I would just get them a tissue and tell them to blow their nose

I would leave them alone

I would love to help them, but would be too shy to ask them

I would grab a tissue, fold it over, then put it up to their nose. I would hold the tissue with one hand, while my other hand was on their back to let them know that i am there for them and I would tell them to blow their nose. I would feel my hand getting warm with all that was coming out. After they were done and didn't need to blow anymore, I would hold them close to me

Yes, I would love that!! I would hope that I wouldn't have to ask, I would be too shy to.

I would just use one hand and blow my nose in the car while driving. I've done it before. Sometimes I can't wait

No. Nothing would come out.

---

I figured that it would be only fair to give my answers, since I was the one asking the questions. :hypoc:

J

Edited by the_jackal_twins
sillystarsmoons

My answers.

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet? Kind of loud

2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time? Both at the same time

3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose? One hand sometimes both

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose? Look straight ahead

5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose? Depending on my nose one or sometimes 2

6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose? No

7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose? White kleenx

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box? Small box in bedroom white kleenx and big box in bathroom kleenx

9) When was the last time you blew your nose? Yesterday

10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy? Yes no it wasn't a lot and wasn't soggy

11) What color was the discharge? Clear

12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose? Yes

13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others? Yes I do

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose? Turn away

15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you? Nope

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? Turn away

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy? Try to give them privacy

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)? I'd ask them if they were ok and hand them a tissue to see if they needed to blow there nose

19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend? The same answer as 18

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them? I would ask but I'd love to do this.

21) How would you help them?? Getting them tissues holding tissues to there nose and letting them blow.

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it? Yes.

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose? One hand

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge? I did it wasn't soggy and clear

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it? White kleenx one tissue and in my room.

J

Hard, but quiet. So there! :rolleyes:

One at a time.

It varies, but more often two than one.

I tip my head forward a bit I guess, but I wouldn't say I actually bend over at all.

Usually one, unless I have a really bad cold, then two.

Always.

The ones that are cheap and have an interesting box? I really don't care, tissues are tissues and I'm poor.

One small box of white tissues, I think Kleenex, but I'm not positive. I pretty much live in a studio apartment, so... the room that isn't the bathroom.

Couple of days ago, I guess.

Yes, not really, not especially.

Clear

Sometimes, but not always.

Yeah, I very much prefer not to.

Turn away.

Not generally, no.

Face them.

Depends on who they are and how sadistic I'm feeling :D

If they were my SO I'd probably ask if they were okay, maybe offer to get them a tissue.

Probably the same as above.

I was going to say it would depend on the person I was dating, but then I realized I'm only be interested in dating the sort of person whose nose I would be happy to help blow. As far as asking that would depend on whether they knew about my fetish or not. If they knew about it I'd be much more willing to offer.

Putting a tissue over their nose seems like it would probably be the way to start.

I'm really not sure how I would feel about that... I've never been in that situation and I can't really decide whether I'd like it or not.

I use both hands and steer with my knees, obviously. No, that's a lie, my knees don't reach the steering wheel well enough, I use my elbows.

I could try, but I doubt anything would come of it.

N/A

Sorry, I like this one a lot better than the other one (and I'm bored, and thinking about my own answears to this will keep me entertained for a while... .__.). Also, there is two 21's.

Soft and quiet, I quess.

Not both at the same time...

Two hands sound more natural but I quess I might use sometimes only one hand...

Sraight ahead.

Better question would be "how often do you blow your nose?" - a couple of time in a year. Duh, one tissue. Or half of a sheet of kitchen paper. .__.

Our tissues are folded in the pack so I have unfold them. .P Though I still use kitchen paper.

Uhh... We have only white ones, or at least I've never seen one of different colour. And... I don't know, our kitchen paper is a brand called lotus and the tissues we usually have but at the monet seem to have run out of are a brand called... Serla.

Oh, there is... They are under all that stuff that are on my sofa and I got them for free so they are... Well I don't know... They are advertising some lukio (finnish high school/gymnasium/what ever you want to call it) or such...

I don't remember, a long time ago...

I don't remember, as I said it has been a long time.

-

I do look.

I don't do it. I don't blow my nose in front of other and yes, I would get so embarrased that I would probably disappear from sight just like Aliisa (if that was her name and I have no idea what her name is in the English version of Moomins) when she get scared.

I said it, I don't blow my nose in front of anyone.

If it honks.

I don't change my position but I do look at them... .__.

I won't talk because I feel they won't be listening... And out of politeness? I don't know...

My significant other? Blah blah blah... :rolleyes: I mean I wuold probably give them a tissue or if it was so that their nose was running in a lovely way, I would first... *could continue but you wouldn't understand because she can only really explain this in another language* You know... Uhh, whipe the skin beneath their nose with my finger? Yes, hot hot hot... :D Just because it would be too hot to resist and after that I would give them a tissue and tell them to use it.

...I wouldn't do or say anything.

I could hold the tissue for them but... I don't know, does that count. And... Would they have to ask... The person I'm imagining would never do that because I don't know anyone who would want someone to help them blow their nose... But this person wouldn't mind if I asked could I hold it the tissue for them. Hmm... I want to meet this person someday, sad s/he is not reall.

Look up.

I wouldn't have a horrible cold and no.

First, I don't drive. Second, I wouldn't need to blow my nose there. .__. If this happened I would be alone in the car but there would be other people out side it anyways so no, I wouldn't need to blow my nose. Because I say I wouldn't. Didn't really answear the question? How sad.

No, I'm not alone in the house.

-

Edited by Sitruuna

When nobody can hear me, fairly hard and fairly loud...usually more gurgly than actually loud

One at a time, always

Both hands

Straight ahead

2-3

Yes

No colours, just white

Yes, they're white and in a large box with cute fur seals on them. They're in the bathroom

About 7 hours ago, this morning

Yes, a LOT came out. It was very soggy and very gurgly

Mostly clear

Yes

Yes, so I never do it, ever

I never do it around people at all

Depends how far away they are and who they are

I don't turn away, but I feel weird staring right at them so "pretend" to look elsewhere a few times during it

Sometimes I talk...it depends if they're already talking or not

If they were my significant other, I'd comment on them having "nose". (this is what we say when the other is snuffly, that we have a nose. lol)

A friend? I'd say nothing

No, they'd never ask and I'd never do it. They've got hands!!

I wouldn't! I mean, not to blow their nose

NOOO!! Mortification!

I don't drive, but if I did, I'd use one hand or wait till I was stopped at traffic lights

I blew it, and not much came out

White, same as before

• 1 year later...

Usually soft and quiet.

Mostly one but sometimes both.

Both hands.

I usually bend over while doing it.

Only one.

No.

White tissues for using one time.

I have a package of 10 white tissues in my room.

This morning when I waited at the station.

A lot came out and so it sounded like. It was soggy too.

Clear.

No.

Yes, usually I do, so I do it only when I`m really despert.

Turn away.

It depends on which person it is.

Look at 15)

I try to give them privacy.

I would do nothing.

I would offer the person a handkerchief if I had one.

I won`t.

Not.

NO!

If I was alone I would do nothing.

No I can`t.

-

• 4 weeks later...

hard and loud

one at a time

both

look straight

2 or three depending

yeah

kleenex and idc

kleenex white living room small box

about 2 days ago

well a lot came out it sounded wet

clear

not always

YES

turn away

depends on who

did i just answer this?

sometimes

dude blow your damn nose!

dude blow your damn nose!

sure why not

however they wanted

sure

both

I just did a lot came out it was soggy and it was clear

kleenex white 3 living room

• 1 month later...

Extremely loud, like a foghorn every time, blowing a deep bass note. I can hold back a little if I really try hard, but then I really need to blow my nose properly and loudly later on.

I blow each nostril on at a time, alternating, until I feel clear, then blow both together in a few short blasts to finish, before I wipe my nose by rubbing it backwards and forwards.

I always blow two-handed - it gives me far better control of my nose and hanky.

I tend to look straight ahead - I don't need to stoop over to blow hard.

If I'm using tissues, maybe only one if it's a mansize since I can fold it and it still be big enough to go around my nose in a proper grip, but often I will use two or maybe even three because I tend to shred them. Obviously if I'm using my handkerchief, just the one will do the job!

Yes - I usually shred tissues a bit when I blow, so I always fold them over, unless I'm using a couple of pocket pack tissues, as if I fold them they're too small to go round my nose. If I'm using a cloth handkerchief or bandana, there's ususally no need.

If I'm using tissues, usually white 2 or 3 ply mansize. If I'm using a cloth hanky, usually a white or plaid cotton handkerchief or (better) a large paisley or spotted bandana.

I have several large boxes of mansize white kleenex tissues around the house - in my lounge, bedroom and bathroom.

This morning, after a tickle I got while gardening forced me to let out a couple of massive sneezes. I had a hanky in may pocket, but had to wait until I had finished and washed my muddy hands before I could do a nose-blow.

It was a long, deafening sequence of honks which completely emptied my snuffly nose and probably filled the pair of folded tissues I used! It didn't sound wet, given all the noise my nose was making.

I didn't look, but given that it came from irritated sneezes outside, I guess the tissues contained alot of fluid and a big tickle that I blew out :-)

Not usually, no.

Depends on the circumstances - sometimes the sheer volume of my honks can be a little embarassing! Depends who is there whether I am comfortable blowing my nose in front of them or whether I feel the need to be polite and excuse myself.

Again, depends on the circumstances, but I always try to be polite and respect other people's personal space. Normally I will excuse myself first (it's only fair to try to give people *some* kind of warning that I'm about to blow loudly) and move/turn away.

No, not at all - they're only taking care of their nose, and I know what it's like when you suddenly get the urge to blow your nose!

I tend to be senstive to their wishes, I guess - if they look like they are ducking away, I will just leave them to it.

I think that I would probably let them finish their nose-blow first so that they can concentrate on what they are doing. Also, I have had people try to keep talking to me while I have been blowing my nose - they have usually given up because of the incredibly loud noise!

I'd ask them gently "aww, are you okay there, Snuffles?", and offer them a tissue or a clean handkerchief, and offer some help blowing their nose if we were alone and they needed it - see below.

Similar, but perhaps differently phrased - "Have you got the sniffles - here, do you need a tissue?" - see first if they take it and how they use it, and take it from there, but would be willing to help them if they needed and were open to it - nobody like to see a friend struggling!

Of course I would help - I don't think they would have to ask, but equally it would have to be something that came out of the situation with their consent.

I would take a couple of tissues, fold them and hold them up to their nose in one hand, taking a gentle hold of their congested nose and placing my other hand at the nape of their neck for support. I would gently guide one of their nostrils shut, leaving the other open for them to blow, and urge them to take the deepest breath they can, and then "BLOW", before changing to their other nostril and repeating, until they were getting clear. Then I would re-fold the tissues and get them to blow a few puffs out of both nostrils together, to leave their nose feeling comfortable, before very gently wiping it dry for them.

I don't think that I would need their help, given the way that I usually blow my nose, but given that I can't recall ever being helped to blow my nose, it is a lovely thought. Mind you, given how hard I normally blow my nose, it would have to be a very brave person!!

A bit of both - have been known to honk my nose one-handed while driving if I get the opportunity, but then leave my hanky in my lap until I get the chance to blow it poperly two-handed!

Yes, of course, I can always blow my nose. My nose felt quite clear before, so only a small amount of moisture came out during several long loud honking blows.

I didn't use tissues, I used the white "Mr Men" handkerchief that was in my trouser pocket for that blow, held singly and wrapped over my fingertips in both hands for a long, deep blow. I was in the lounge at home.

Both, depending on the reason for it. Allergies, usually happens to be softer, but if I have a cold, it's harder and louder.

I start with both and then switch off.

Both hands.

Straight ahead.

Just one. I feel like I'm wasting them if I use more than one at a time. ^^;

Nope.

Puffs and white.

I ALWAYS have tissues in my house. XD Brand and color are always the same as above. They're in almost every room (but always in bathrooms and bedrooms), big boxes because we use them all the time.

A few minutes ago, I think.

Yes. No. No.

Clear.

Yeah, unless I'm in public, in which case I'll either not look or look discreetly.

Yeah, I usually try to go somewhere else so they don't see.

I turn away because I get really embarrassed about it. ^^;

Not really. Once in a while I do, but I wouldn't say anything because I don't want to make anyone self conscious.

Neither, really. I try to let them have their privacy with it, though, so I don't stare at them. But I don't obviously turn away, just kind of look somewhere else or do something that doesn't involve looking at them.

It depends. If they're talking to me, I'll talk to them. But usually I give them privacy.

If it were my significant other, I'd offer them tissues and tell them to blow their nose.

Pretend to ignore it so they don't feel bad. ^^; Maybe if I were really close to them, I'd offer them a tissue, but I always feel really awkward doing stuff like that.

I can't say I would. ^^;

I wouldn't.

No, I don't like people doing stuff like that.

Neither. I use both hands and drive with my elbows. XD

I could, but I don't have to. I imagine it'd be the same as it was earlier, not a lot, clear, and not soggy.

If I'd used one, it would be Puffs, white, one, and the bathroom.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to try to make a poor attempt at resurrecting this topic to see if I can get more replies. Hope all is well!

J

• 2 years later...

Making another attempt at resurrecting this topic. This was a great survey, and I felt as though it's worth resurrecting. I am looking forward to seeing the replies to this one! Hope everyone is having a great day!

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet? Medium loud, I guess. Unless I honk, in which case it's probably pretty loud.

2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time? One nostril.

3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose? Both hands - I never seem to be able to do it with one hand.

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose? I bend over slightly sometimes.

5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose? One, but if I know it's pretty messy, then two or more.

6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose? Nah :P

7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose? Kleenex, normal white.

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box? Same as 7), and in a small box.

9) When was the last time you blew your nose? About 30 minutes ago.

10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy? It was more runny than soggy, and I honked at the end.

12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose? Not when I'm in public, but sometimes if I'm alone, lol :P

13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others? Not really, but if it's in a formal or quiet setting then probably.

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose? I usually face them unless I know my blows are going to sound gross.

15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you? Nah

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? I usually watch them but try to not do so awkwardly :P

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy? I try to give them privacy, so I wait.

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)? I would probably ask them if they'd want a tissue to blow their nose.

19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend? Same answer as 18

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them? I'd ask him before I do it.

21) How would you help them?? Hold a tissue over his nose and ask him to blow it :P

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it? Actually I prefer blowing myself just because it's more natural, but maybe to try it out.

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose? Depends - if it's an emergency I'll do it with one hand.

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge? I did and not a lot of snot came out - I kinda did need to blow my nose, but I could've also waited.

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it? One tissue (Kleenex, white), and I'm currently in my room.

"16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? I usually watch them but try to not do so awkwardly " this is such a struggle not to be awkward while watching hahaha

• 7 months later...

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet? Depends on how much snot is in my nose when I am blowing it. I really only blow my nose when I am sick.
2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time? One nostril at a time.
3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose? Both hands.
4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose? Look straight ahead.
5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose? 2-3
6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose? Yes.
7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose? Kleenex, white.
8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box? Yes, in the bathroom in travel packs.
9) When was the last time you blew your nose? In August. I had a cold.
10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy? Yes, a lot of snot came out and it was kind of loud.
11) What color was the discharge? Yellow.
12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose? Rarely. But sometimes, I'm curious about how much snot is in the tissue and what color it is.
13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others? Yes, very much. I can't remember the last time I did it.
14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose? I don't blow my nose in front of anyone.
15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you? No, I don't really care.
16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? I look down unless they talk to me while they are blowing their nose.
17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy? I try to give them privacy, but if they talk to me, I will talk but keep it brief.
18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)? I wouldn't say anything, but I would be tempted to take out a travel pack of tissues and make them notice it, so that they ask me for a tissue.
19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend? I wouldn't say anything. I would just ignore it.
20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them? Yes, I would tell them that I like it when they blow their nose. I would shyly ask if I could blow it for them.
21) How would you help them?? I would put a tissue to their nose and hold the tissue so they can blow and I can feel it at the same time.
21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it? No, I'm way too embarrassed and my nose blows are pretty disgusting.
22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose? I would wipe my nose until I get to an area where I can stop. Then, I would use both hands to blow my nose and be on my way.
23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge? No, my nose is clear, so nothing would come out.
24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it? N/A

I think I aim for closer to hard but quiet?

Both I think

Both I think

Straight ahead

One

Yes

Noooooo idea. White.

Possibly? Probably Kleenex. Probably white. I don't know.

No idea

N/A

I don't look…

See 11.

Yes

Turn away

No

Whatever I'm already doing before they do.

I try to avoid this situation.

Nothing.

Nothing.

No. No.

I wouldn't I'm a terrible person.

No. No.

I don't know.

No.

N/A

Edited by MoonBetta
colorz

My blows are normally kind of noisy because I suffer constantly from congestion. I try and blow as quietly as possible, though.
I always blow out of both nostrils simultaneously.
Usually I hold the tissue with both hands, but every once and a while I will use only one (I usually do so if I am about to sneeze since I tend to cover with my left elbow).
When I blow my nose I hunch over a bit.
I will pluck a few from the box, but will use one at a time. That is, unless my nose is particularly runny.
Yes. I feel that it keeps my hands more clean, and makes the tissue a little more durable.
For daily use I rely on Scotties brand tissues. When I am suffering from a cold, though, I switch to Puffs and buy the kind that are infused with lotion. All of the tissues I buy are white.
I always make sure to have plenty of tissues handy. I have a box of 182 Scotties tissues in my bathroom, and a couple of travel-packs of Kleenex on my desk so that I can bring them with me whenever I venture out.
About half an hour ago, but I feel as though I need to again; my nose is feeling miserably stopped-up once more!
The blow managed to rid me of a little mucus, but not much. It sounded like a dry, harsh honk.
The discharge was a sickly hue of green.
Yes, but out of curiosity more than anything.
Absolutely! It has always been something that I despise doing. Whenever I am around others and feel the need to blow my nose I will usually do everything I can (sniffling manically or clasping my hand over my nose to try and stem the flow) to make sure that I don't have to resort to grabbing a tissue, swallowing my pride, and relieving myself of my nasal gunk in front of them.
I will almost always turn away from people when I blow my nose, but if they are talking to me I feel rude for not maintaining eye contact, so I will bear with the embarrassment to show them respect.
More often than not.
16) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy?
I give a person who's blowing their nose space and privacy.
17) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)?
"You sound pretty stuffed-up. Would you like me to get a tissue for you?"
18) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend?
I would say the same thing, but probably in a more casual tone.
19) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them?
I think that I would feel slightly uncomfortable in either scenario. I would likely just provide him or her with tissues, and give him or her warm beverages to drink and foods to eat so that it would help to break up his or her congestion.
20) How would you help them?
As I said in my answer to the previous question, I would remedy their cold with at-home cures. I might also rub some vapor rub on their chest and draw a nice, warm bath for them and add in bath salts which give off menthol vapors.
I would not want them to help me blow my nose. I would just rely on tissues and home remedies to expel the mucus from me.
I would press the tissue to my nose with a single hand because my runny nose would distract me from the road.
23) Can you blow your nose right now? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge?
I am able to, and just did. More mucus filled the tissue than the last time I blew my nose, but not a significant amount more. It was more slimy than soggy. The discharge was, again, a sickly hue of green.
I used two white Kleenex tissues to relieve me of my congestion. I was seated at my desk at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in between. My blows tend to sound wet.

Both at the same time usually

Usually both hands

I hunch over a little bit.

Depends if I have a cold. Usually 2 if I don't have a cold, 3 if I do.

Nope

White Kleenex

Big boxes of white Kleenex in two bathrooms.

A few hours ago

It was kind of a wet blow, and it definitely dampened the tissues

Clear but with chhinkni powder in it

Always

Yes, but I'm getting better

I usually turn away

Hell no. I'm interested

I face them since it's no big deal

I give them privacy and stop talking for s sec

I'd mention the sniffling and ask if they need a tissue

I'd joke about it

I would love to help but he doesn't know about the fetish. If he knew and was ok with it, I'd just go straight into helping him blow

Hold the tissues in my hand cupped around their nose and tell him to blow

That's a huge fantasy of mine. I'd want him to just do it

I'll use one hand

I could and I did. It was just a bit of clear snot.

White Kleenex again, 2 tissues, in the living room

• 3 months later...
On 23/11/2010 at 9:22 PM, Jeff said:

Hard and loud if nobody's around, otherwise soft and quiet.

One at a time.

Both, unless one hand is holding something else.

I lower my eyes.

One or two, or a handful, depending on the quality of the tissues.

Yes.

Whatever I have. Usually white, Kleenex.

Yes. White, Kleenex, right next to me, big box.

Less than two minutes ago.

Yes, yes, yes.

Clear.

Yes.

Hell yes.

Turn away, if I have to blow my nose in front of people at all.

Not really. But I'm afraid of grossing people out.

Face but don't make eye contact/turn away.

Give them privacy.

I'd offer them a tissue.

Same.

No.

I'd offer them a tissue.

No.

Use one hand.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Clear.

White. Kleenex. Two. In bed.

J

Oooh, I love these.

I try to be quiet cause it's kind of embarrassing for me, but I rarely succeed. I could be louder, tho.

It depends. Sometimes I only get stuffed up in one, so if that's the cause I'll only blow that one.

Both.

I close my eyes :P

Just one at a time.

Yes

Honestly... most of the time I just... grab a roll of toilet paper...

See above.

Two nights ago.

I was crying, so it was pretty soggy, lol.

Was too dark to see :P

Not generally.

Yeaaaah.

I turn away.

When it's strangers I'm kinda eh, but when it's people I like I go all hearteyes.

I don't really do anything wrt this.

Depends on how close I am with the person, generally if I'm close with someone I just keep talking to them if we were already chatting.

Again, I kinda freeze up in those scenarios. But with my SO I usually get them something to blow with.

I'd be a lot less affectionate but I'd still do it.

I'm WAY too in the closet to even consider suggesting it. Is that a thing normal people do with their SO? Lol. I take care of my SO when they're sick, but I imagine that level of involvement would make them suspicious, haha. If they asked, though, I wouldn't object.

See above.

No way I would be way too embarrassed to even think about it, let alone ask.

I don't drive, but I imagine I'd do it onehanded.

Don't feel like it :P

^

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet? Soft and quiet usually.

2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time? Both at the same time unless I'm really congested.

3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose? Both, unless I have to do something with the other hand.

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose? I kind of turn my head to the side a little? That way it's not straight ahead but I don't have to bend over either.   

5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose? Usually just one, unless it's allergy season and I know I'm going to need two :P 

6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose? No

7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose? Doesn't matter, whatever's cheapest 

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box? We keep small boxes of tissues in most rooms of our house. At the moment they're the white ones from Target.

9) When was the last time you blew your nose? This morning, right when I woke up

10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy? It was very wet and soggy, and it sounded like it! 

12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose? Usually not, unless it's for something like a thread like this

13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others? Depends who it is. I do around family, so I try to avoid that, but generally I'm a bit of a sneeze fetish exhibitionist so sometimes it's rather enjoyable ;) 

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose? Turn away, so I don't gross them out 

15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you? Again, depends who. If it's family it's disgusting, but an attractive (non-family!) person can change that! 

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? Turn away 

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy? Give them privacy 

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)? I'd offer them a tissue and maybe hold their hand or something

19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend? Honestly? Probably nothing 

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them? I wouldn't help.  Tbh it feels kind of creepy and condescending to me

21) How would you help them?? N/A

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it? N/A

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose? I wait until I get to a stoplight or I park and then I use both hands.

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge? I did and it was very soggy! Lots of clear discharge. 

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it? I was in my living room. I'm not sure on the brand, but I used only one tissue. 

This was a fun survey! I'd like to see others' responses as well! :D 

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet? Very loud with honking. 

2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time? Start off with one nostril at a time and then finish with both.

3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose? One hand.

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose? I look straight ahead or down when honking.   

5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose? Two tissues.

6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose? Yes

7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose?Doesn't matter, whatever's cheapest 

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box? I have a box of white man size tissues to cope with the heavy colds and honking.

9) When was the last time you blew your nose? 5 minutes ago

10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy? A lot of snot came out and started off gurgly and ended with a honking sound. 

11) What color was the discharge?Clear

12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose?  No!

13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others? Yes because I honk loudly and am a very shy person so I blush easily!

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose? Turn away. 

15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you? No.

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? Turn away 

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy? Give them privacy 

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)? I'd offer them a tissue

19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend? Nothing. 

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them? No.

21) How would you help them?? N/A

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it? N/A

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose? Wait until I stop.

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge? I blew my nose and a lot came out, soggy with clear discharge. 

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it? Don't know the brand, white tissues, two tissues, in my living room. 

This was a fun survey! I'd like to see others' responses as well! :D 

• 7 months later...

1) Do you blow your nose hard and loud or soft and quiet? I usually start out soft and quiet because I find it a bit embarrassing (there's no-one to hear but old habits di hard) and then turn the volume up

2) Do you blow out of one nostril at a time or both at the same time? If it's running then I'll do both at once, if there's congestion I'll do one at a time, often there's a combination.

3) Do you use one hand or both hands to blow your nose? I try to use one hand so the other one stays clean especially if I can't wash my hands but I often catch myself using two. I'm left-handed so I try to use my right hand for blowing and wiping.

4) Do you usually bend over or look straight ahead while you're blowing your nose? Bend over, it's always been something I've felt I had to hide from people so it feels natural to bend over

5) How many tissues do you usually grab when you blow your nose? either one or the whole box, depending on what I'm expecting to need

6) Do you usually fold the tissues before you blow your nose? I usually open them out completely for a little blow, if it's likely to be a big one I might fold over for security

7) What brand and color tissues do you usually use to blow your nose? I only like plain white ones for some reason, I'm not so fussy about brand as I like to try different kinds but the softer the better.

8) Do you have any tissues in your house right now? If so, what brand and color are the tissues, what rooms are they in, are they in a big box or small box? I have one box in my bedroom, superdrug ultra soft in a cube shaped box

9) When was the last time you blew your nose? Maybe 15 minutes ago?

10) Did anything come out? Did it sound like a lot? Was it soggy? Almost nothing came out, my nose feels wet and sniffly and there was a sort of huffy sound but that was all

11) What color was the discharge? I would think white if anything

12) Do you look at the tissues after you're done blowing your nose? not for fun but I'll look to see if it's worth keeping the tissue or if it needs to be thrown away

13) Do you get embarrassed when you blow your nose in front of others? so embarrassed, it would be like going to the toilet in front of someone, it's worse now so many people think it's rude to do it in front of them

14) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while you are blowing your nose? I would turn away if I was unlucky enough to be with people

15) Do you get grossed out when someone blows their nose in front of you? I don't think I'd be on this site if I did ;) Family doing it makes me feel uncomfortable but I usually find it hot.

16) Do you usually face people or turn away from them while they are blowing their nose? I turn away, I don't want to make them uncomfortable by staring but I have been known to take sneaky peeks

17) Do you like to talk to people while they are blowing their nose so they are forced to look at you while they're doing it, or do you try to give them privacy? I give them privacy, that's what I would want

18) If someone was sitting next to you and was sniffling a lot, what would you do and what would you say to them (if they were your significant other)? It would depend on their attitude to it in general, if they want a fuss or want to be ignored but perfect scenario, I'd get them a tissue and hug them and watch while they used it

19) Same as question #18, but if they were a friend? probably the same as above without the hug and the watching unless I was lucky enough to have a friend who was happy for me to watch

20) If your significant other had a horrible cold, would you help them blow their nose? Would they have to ask or would you just do it for them? It would depend on what he or she was like or our relationship, I wouldn't do it unless they liked it and wanted it. If they were always happy for me to do it then I might just do it, if they liked it sometimes and not other times I would ask (unless I'd learned to read the signals)

21) How would you help them?? it would depend on what they were most comfortable with but I like the idea of holding the tissue and telling them to blow.

21) If you had a horrible cold, would you want your significant to help you blow your nose? Would you ask them to help or just want them to do it? I would absolutely love the idea of it but it would depend on how they felt, also if they were comfortable getting that close to the germs. I'd be happy for them to go for it or to offer, I can't quite imagine asking them but if we were that close and I knew they were okay with it I guess I would. I would only want them to do it in private though, if I have a cold I don't want anyone to know.

22) If you're in your car and you have to blow your nose, do you just use one hand and blow your nose while driving or wait until you stop and use both hands to blow your nose? I use one hand and wipe, I'm happy to blow with one hand but I think blowing would... excite me too much and I wouldn't want to do it whilst driving a car, I wouldn't feel safe!

23) Can you blow your nose right now?? If you did, did a lot come out, was it soggy? What color was the discharge? Okay let's see. Self-obs time. I wasn't expecting much so I started a bit harder than usual. There was a kind of light buzzing sound that started quite low and slowly rose in pitch but nothing came out of either nostril. I wiped my nose after and stuck the tissue in a little bit and managed to get clear discharge from one nostril.

24) What brand and color tissues did you use? How many tissues did you use? Where were you when you did it? One tissue, Superdrug ultra soft, white.