Sneeze Fetish Forum

Things you can't do...

Chanel_no5

This is just a for-fun topic, it's not meant to be a whiny thing. But I'm curious, since I read the Hidden Talents-thread so many times. Are there things that most people can do, that you simply cannot learn?

As for me, I can't whistle. I have tried to learn that SO MANY times, but I fail forever at that. :P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saimou

• Chanel_no5

• AntheaHolmes

• Blah!?

I can't for the life of me get my head around reading sheet music. The 3 months in Grade 9 when they made us take band (music) and I had to play the flute were the worst 3 months of my school career ever!

:P I can't whistle either.

Do those "hidden picture" or "magic picture" things- the ones where you're suppose to focus and supposedly a picture appears. NEVER.... EVER.

I can't do a very good cartwheel, which has always been really upsetting to me. :P

Me neither! I try it quite often anyway, it's still pretty fun to get half-way there then fall on my ass/head/spine. :P

:P I can't whistle either.

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH! I thought I was the only one in the world! :P

I can't whistle either. xD I've only had a few occasions where I really wanted to, so it's not such a big deal to me though.

Aside from that, I can't think of too much other common stuff I've wanted to do that I can't. There's probably something, but I don't recall. xD

I suck at immitating most accents, Swedish ones or foreign. This is incredibly annoying to me. I love accents. :P

Yup, whistling is not on the cards for me either. Many have tried to teach me, none have suceeded :)

I cant sing either, I just dont have the voice for it. Doesnt stop me from doing it though :)

I can't curl my tongue, though my ex and BOTH my kids can.

I also could never do handstands or headstands. I was the only kid in school who couldn't. Granted, I was also the only kid in grade 6 whose legs were fully twice the length of her torso :)

The last two posts have reminded me of a few things.

I can't sing, no way, no how. It just doesn't work. I guess I can kind of sing Still Alive from Portal, but anything else, nah.

I also can't really do any accents. I can do an okay New York accent, so I've been told, but I wish I could do more foreign ones. Those are more fun.

Oh, sorry, I'm back to add another one I forgot as well. I can't pronounce certain words without sounding like a pirate- mirror, corer, drawer, error etc. They just come out as mrrrrr, corrrr, drarrrr, errrrr. It results in some teasing, especially off English people.

I can't snap, whistle, blow a bubble with gum, or roll my r's when trying to do a Spanish accent. It's very disappointing. :)

Say any word with the "-out" sound, (as in "about," "doubt," "clout," etc) or the "-ar-" sound, (as in "mark," "dark," "park," "narc," etc) without being MOCKED AND RIDICULED BY EVERYONE NOT FROM CANADA'S EAST COAST. ;_; Heh.

...Hide emotions, I am readable as a book, even when I try to hide E'm they show up :)

Do those "hidden picture" or "magic picture" things- the ones where you're suppose to focus and supposedly a picture appears. NEVER.... EVER.

Nothing ever appears for me either!

And I can't snap my fingers. That has always been slightly frustrating.

Say any word with the "-out" sound, (as in "about," "doubt," "clout," etc) or the "-ar-" sound, (as in "mark," "dark," "park," "narc," etc) without being MOCKED AND RIDICULED BY EVERYONE NOT FROM CANADA'S EAST COAST. ;_; Heh.

Did I mock you for that? I can't remember. I do remember calling your attempt on my language "gay", though. :)

Edited by Chanel_no5

Did I mock you for that? I can't remember. I do remember calling your attempt on my language "gay", though. :)

I don't know whether you directly mocked my east coast mash. It tends to be mocked more by other canadians and americans than anywhere else. :)

Oh yeah, that reminds me. :heart: I can't speak Swedish OR Finnish without sounding really, REALLY gay. Like stereotypical-flaming-homosexual gay, apparently. I even did a blind test! Whilst in Finland, visiting with some friends of our resident Finn pig, I said "Hej, mä olen Jeremy, Kanadasta" ("Hi, my name's Jeremy and I'm from Canada") and asked them if I sounded gay. The two exchanged a very telling glance with one another and after a few seconds of hemming and hawing said "Uhhh.... yeah, yeah it did."

CURSE YOU, FINLAND! :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry, I'm back to add another one I forgot as well. I can't pronounce certain words without sounding like a pirate- mirror, corer, drawer, error etc. They just come out as mrrrrr, corrrr, drarrrr, errrrr. It results in some teasing, especially off English people.

:angry:

Once I thinkabout it, I hear THIS a lot, from myself and some poeple close by!!! I'm thinkin' its an accent thing :dead:

I don't know whether you directly mocked my east coast mash. It tends to be mocked more by other canadians and americans than anywhere else. :angry:

Oh yeah, that reminds me. :rolleyes: I can't speak Swedish OR Finnish without sounding really, REALLY gay. Like stereotypical-flaming-homosexual gay, apparently. I even did a blind test! Whilst in Finland, visiting with some friends of our resident Finn pig, I said "Hej, mä olen Jeremy, Kanadasta" ("Hi, my name's Jeremy and I'm from Canada") and asked them if I sounded gay. The two exchanged a very telling glance with one another and after a few seconds of hemming and hawing said "Uhhh.... yeah, yeah it did."

CURSE YOU, FINLAND! :dead:

Your Swedish didn't sound gay to me. Just... a little formal and old-fashioned. And hot.

(I can't snap my fingers either! Neither can I spot things that people are trying to point out to me. I will look in every possible direction except the right one, even if they are litterally pointing. Same goes for noticing people that I know on the street. I would walk right passed my own mother if she didn't call out to me. It never fails.)

I can't do a very good cartwheel, which has always been really upsetting to me. :dead:

Me either! My cartwheels look really stupid. I mean, it took me a long time to finally figure out how to do them, and then no matter how hard I try, I still mostly suck at them. And I always wanted to be able to do them!!!

I honestly have no clue what you are talking about, TYS. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I can't sing worth a damn. My singing voice is absolutely horrendous! :angry:

Helter Skelter

I can't snap my fingers and have no clue how to go about learning. My friends ridicule me for this.

But I'm the only one who can whistle with my fingers, and I think that's way cooler anyway :angry: