Sneeze Fetish Forum

Things you can't do...

Chanel_no5

I can't put on a real tie. I have a few clip-on ties for occasions where I need to have a tie. I had no trouble learning how to tie my shoes when I was like 3, but I can't for the life of me figure out ties.

I can't whistle either. I used to not be able to snap my fingers when I was a kid but at some point I figured out how to do that at least.

I'm probably really bad at doing accents but my voice sucks anyway.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saimou

• Chanel_no5

• AntheaHolmes

• Blah!?

Say any word with the "-out" sound, (as in "about," "doubt," "clout," etc) or the "-ar-" sound, (as in "mark," "dark," "park," "narc," etc) without being MOCKED AND RIDICULED BY EVERYONE NOT FROM CANADA'S EAST COAST. ;_; Heh.

I honestly have no clue what you are talking about, TYS. :laugh:

He knows he's not being mocked! We laugh because it's adorable. But we do all the serious mocking when he's not there. ;)

I absolutely cannot do a pull up, or chin up if that's the term you prefer. I dreaded that moment in gym class where they'd line us all up and make us see how many we could do in 30 seconds. To this day my number is still zero. I fail at upper body strength.

Say any word with the "-out" sound, (as in "about," "doubt," "clout," etc) or the "-ar-" sound, (as in "mark," "dark," "park," "narc," etc) without being MOCKED AND RIDICULED BY EVERYONE NOT FROM CANADA'S EAST COAST. ;_; Heh.

Well, I didn't notice anything odd about your pronunciation of any of these words. But then I really don't understand American objections to Canadian accents, especially as anyone from New England, or the South, has a very similar accent [cf Family Guy]. As for saying "eh?", surely that's what all normal people say. Do Americans somehow imagine that that slack=jawed yokel delivery they affect which Spike Milligan characterised as "Colonel Huhrrnhuhrrn" is either normal or attractive?

Oops, I mean, I can't snap my fingers either. And I can't understand the lyrics of songs ...any songs...without seeing them written down.

Edited by count de tisza

No whistling here either. The other thing I'm really bad at is figuring out how to politely interrupt a conversation when necessary (like a social conversation at work and something serious and work related comes up).

Ooooh i can't roll my rrrrr's either, which sucks, since I'm French LOL

I also don't produce the "ssss" sound the way most people do. It sounds the same, but I put my tongue behind my upper teeth instead of my lower. I still don't have a lisp though :laugh: Speech therapist never could cure me of that when I was younger! (I did YEARS of speech therapy at school, and I have no idea why. My parents can't remember either!)

I also don't produce the "ssss" sound the way most people do. It sounds the same, but I put my tongue behind my upper teeth instead of my lower.

Goodness, I do that. Is that not normal? How fascinating. :laugh:

I'm actually almost obscenely content with the fact that so many others have a problem with whistling. :laugh: Sorry guys, but I am. :yes:

I also don't produce the "ssss" sound the way most people do. It sounds the same, but I put my tongue behind my upper teeth instead of my lower.

Goodness, I do that. Is that not normal? How fascinating. :lol:

Same here... that's not normal? :drool:

Goodness, I do that. Is that not normal? How fascinating. :drool:

Same here... that's not normal? :yes:

Yeah, same here! I just tried it to make sure. Now I want to go around asking people how they make the 's' sound. I thought everyone did it this way! But then again, I also thought everyone could whistle. Learn something new every day around here, don'tcha?

There are certain phrases I can't say without sounding ridiculous. Even really simple ones. Like for some reason, I feel/sound very bizarre when I saw "Likewise." And that's just one of many.

Goodness, I do that. Is that not normal? How fascinating. :lol:

Same here... that's not normal? :yes:

Yeah, same here! I just tried it to make sure. Now I want to go around asking people how they make the 's' sound. I thought everyone did it this way! But then again, I also thought everyone could whistle. Learn something new every day around here, don'tcha?

Well, I've been trying to do this for a few minutes now and don't understand how it can be done without making you lisp! :laugh: VFP, you'll have to show me. :drool:

...Hide emotions, I am readable as a book, even when I try to hide E'm they show up :D

Same. I'm the queen of negative non-verbals.

Once in a while I can whistle ONE note. :laugh: But a song? No way!

I remember it took me a lot longer than all the other kids my age to learn how to blow a bubble with gum and snap. It also took me a while to learn to zip a zipper and to hold a pencil correctly.

I can't work out the clasps in jewelry without working at it for hours or getting some help. I also can't remove key rings without a tool of some kind. It all fits into my past. Is there an occupational therapist in the house? :laugh: I guess I was never dealt the fine motor skills card, and yet...I'm an artist. Go figure. :laugh:

Edited by SusieQusie
Ooooh i can't roll my rrrrr's either, which sucks, since I'm French LOL

I also don't produce the "ssss" sound the way most people do. It sounds the same, but I put my tongue behind my upper teeth instead of my lower. I still don't have a lisp though :D Speech therapist never could cure me of that when I was younger! (I did YEARS of speech therapy at school, and I have no idea why. My parents can't remember either!)

Does your tongue touch your upper teeth? Because I can do an "ssss" with the tip of my tongue pointing up just behind my teeth or, more naturally to me, touching just below or mid-bottom teeth.

Cartwheels. I don't know why, but I wish I could do a cartwheel. I guess that's not something everyone else can do, though, I just feel like I fail at it more miserably than most people. xD I also wish I had some skill at sewing, knitting, etc. I can knit scarves, but that's it.

I also wish, more than anything, that I could braid my hair. I started practicing when I was eight in hopes of being able to learn to do it. But no, my hands can't seem to figure it out! It's so disappointing. My roommate told me we would practice this coming school year, but I have no idea if I'm capable of learning. Such a bummer.

Oh, and I can't sing worth a damn. My singing voice is absolutely horrendous! :D

Don't listen to her! We did a wonderful duet to The Beastie Boy's Paul Revere. :laugh::naughty:

For me it's going underwater without my nose plugged. I've tried my entire life. I can't do it. The water rushes up nostrils like a vacuum. I start to gag and cough. It causes awful burning in my nose and throat.

I can't ride a bike at all. If I could use my old kiddy-bike with the training wheels, I most definitely would! I can't lie either, I know it's wrong to WANT to lie but sometimes I'd just really like to try it.

Edited by randomgirl7

I can wink my left eye but not my right one!!! Why??? :)

and I often confuse left with right and viceversa, even my father has it. I always have to move my right hand like I'm writing so I know that that's the right side....omg B)

I just can't play any kind of musical instrument. Love listening to music, but when it comes to my own ability to produce it - nothing! Tried lessons, many different types of instrument, etc. Can't even play the drums without overthinking it and losing the rhythm B)

I can wink my left eye but not my right one!!! Why???

I can wink with my right eye but not my left one! Also, I can't raise one eyebrow even though I really want to.

For me it's going underwater without my nose plugged. I've tried my entire life. I can't do it. The water rushes up nostrils like a vacuum. I start to gag and cough. It causes awful burning in my nose and throat.

I thought I was the only one! It made things very difficult when I took my first swimming lessons (y'know, at THIRTEEN) because they wanted me to retrieve a brick from the bottom of the pool and I'd run out of air as soon as my head went under the water.

I've discovered that I'm a late bloomer when it comes to lots of things, and it all comes down to WANTING to do it. :) I'm stubborn! I wouldn't let my parents teach me anything -- for instance, my mom was a figure skater and she tried to teach me how to skate, but I was drawn to my father instead because I looked better by comparison since he could barely stand!

To this day, though, I can't tie shoelaces "properly" -- that thing with the rabbit and the hole and going around the tree or whatever. I make two bunny ears, I cross them, and I tie them. It works. :(

To this day, though, I can't tie shoelaces "properly" -- that thing with the rabbit and the hole and going around the tree or whatever. I make two bunny ears, I cross them, and I tie them. It works. :)

Wait, I totally haven't been tying my shoelaces properly. :(

I can't do mental math. I need to have everything written out.

I can't roll my r's either.

^ Pretty much sums me up. :sicksmiley02: