Sneeze Fetish Forum

What's everyone think of the new look?

Pilgrim

I'm technologically inept, and this new layout is hell for me '^_^

Also, no blogs, controls seem to have been mixed up (want to change my name to Crowbarius because that's cleaner but can't work out how) And everything is really mixed up/hard to read.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING THE OLD FORUM TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

End communication XD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I could probably get used to this, even though my gut reaction was to cringe away. (I actually thought I'd somehow reached the wrong website, too). I would very much prefer the older layout, though, and I'm very uncomfortable about the possibility of social-media sharing from this forum... I hope you and the staff can help, HoL! Until then, I shall patiently bear with it...

But really, a like button? :D

Hmmm another problem I've noticed is that when I get email notifications for topic replies, each reply is sent in a separate email. It used to be that all replies that have happened since I last visited the forum would all be grouped together in one email. I have to say that receiving notifications of each reply in a separate email is going to get annoying rather quickly.

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

no

no

no

I hate it. ihateitihateitihateit

live chat is gone?????? WTF???????????????

I think, based on what's been worked on over on the red (or should it be called green now?) forum that a lot of the current technical issues are compatibility bugs that can be fixed by the staff. The other forum doesn't seem to have the "share on" options, so I suspect that can be gotten rid of somehow. It's certainly worrisome if not... As for the chat room, I did a very small bit of digging and it looks like IP still offer that, it just doesn't come automatically in the upgrade and has to be purchased separately. Was the old chat room a paid for feature? I can't remember.

Our chat room, is provided by a company called addonchat. We don't use the standard IPchat and since that likely counts as a 'custom modification' it will probably need to be re-integrated into the new software. *hopes that isn't as complicated as it sounds :D* That is one of my first priorities to work on tonight (as well as getting rid of that awful 'like' button! :))

I'm not really a fan either, but I think I'll get used to it eventually. The one thing I absolutely will not stand for, however, is the lack of live chat. I'm very glad that this is being worked on, and I'd like to thank everyone involved for trying their best to make this sudden transition easier on the rest of us.

Live chat was definitely my favorite part of this forum, so it would be a real shame to see it go. Hopefully we'll get it back before too long.

I'm seeing the "Start new topic" button in same place as usual. Weird. Maybe the upgrade includes an automatic change of permissions that doesn't allow pending members to start topics?

HoL, thanks so much for all the hard work! Good luck tonight with trying to get the chat room working again and what not.

I think we can agree no-one likes this new look but can we please calm down and stop complaining about it and give the nice admins a chance to look at what the unpleasant hosts did? :D

HoL: *hug* No stressing, I'm sure everyone here can show a little patience. :)

Helter Skelter

Well, just to be contrary, I kind of like it. The little news feed feature on the front page is nice.

Either way, there's no point flipping out or blaming the admins, it's not their fault and in the end it's just a bloody forum layout. The reaction reminds me of what happens every single time facebook changes its layout.

Wow and I thought the new look irked me, lol. My favorite part of this topic is when Ouro starts by saying it's kind of okay, and then two things go wrong immediately afterwards. Too good :D I'm also really glad I'm not the only one who had concerns about the "Like" feature. HoL it totally sucks that you got no advance notice about this. I'm sure you're hard at work doing modifications and repairs, please let us know how it's going!

Bahhh. I don't mind getting a new layout, but when we upgrade to this new server maybe it would be nice if we could get an easier format, because this seems very...unorganized. Everything is just kinda smooshed together. I don't understand it.

We fear change! tongue.png

Well, of course I preferred the old look. My main qualm is - like others have already said - this is too reminiscent of a social networking site. Something not helped by having Facebook and Twitter in the bottom corner, which is a little unsettling. unsure.png I personally like to keep my fetish life and social life completely separate, and to have things I associate with my social life bleeding their way on here makes me a little uncomfortable, even if it is only a superficial likeness.

That said, those are only my immediate thoughts. And I think - once I get to grips with the where's and how's - there are some features adopted that could be quite handy!

Ahhhhh. Facebook and this should not mix. I'm not trying to stress anyone out, but this is not the working. Also, I spend a lot of time Here on the topics and ...... Everything is smooshed together, hard to understand (the dates that are smashed with the titles?), and very hard to understand. I also have no idea how I'm supposed edit site preferences. Can we do that anymore? I really don't want to rush anyone, but I think it should be fixed. It's just....cheap

Hmmm... not really a big fan of sudden change, but sounds like it couldn't be helped. Sure I can get used to it, but I felt the old layout was somehow quite distinctive... Need to go and click on a few buttons now to find out what they do :D

I suspect if we had this format for a year, and then it suddenly changed again, we would all be complaining and wanting it back........

*goes back to exploring*

PS thanks for your hard work HoL

:)

Probably my biggest issue with this new layout is the 'like' button. Not because it's too socialmedia-ish, but because it tells people that they don't have to reply to posts. It will reduce the feeling on companionship because it makes communication unnecessary. You can get to know someone through their replies and a general 'like' isn't very friendly.

Furthermore, I don't know about other people, but when I post a story the replies are so heart-warming and encouraging that it fuels my desire to write. A 'like' is just going to seem dismissive. In a place with stories and artwork I don't think a 'like' button is acceptable.

... end of rant tonguesmiley.gif

I have reached my maximum quotes of the day - and I have not used the like button at all huh.png

But as with all changes: it takes some effort to get used to it so I guess in some time we will hardly remember the old one

It's confusing, insanely so, and it's take some time to get used to, but I like it...That may be because I'm a teenager, and the whole thought of being more Facebook-oriented, like being able to comment on each other's 'walls' just delights me. heh.gif But I don't like the 'like' button, no matter how ironic it sounds. I agree, it makes it feel like a popularity contest, and people should stick to leaving reviews on things like art and stories and things of the kind. I for one won't use it, unless I put in a comment to go along with it.

But even so...the old format was homey and comfortable. I shall miss it dearly...

Ah! D: Reason for edit, I change my mind. I don't like this. I want my old Smurf picture back, not my personal picture. sadsmiley.gif I wonder if that can be fixed, while still having both available...*runs off to find out*

What Stern said. Also: sorry, darling Sigrith, but I think this thread is THERE for the complaining ;) So yes...

Someone mentioned new features. What new features, exactly? I only see things that used to be here and aren't now. Especially the Forum Jump thingy. Quotes are not clearly outlined (in some posts at least, right here in THIS thread they seem to be). The whole thing is too white. It looks like someone got drunk and pretended to channel Steve Jobs and got hold of a computer and wreaked THIS havoc.

Boo. :)

Honestly, I don't like it one bit. It looks too much like a different forum I go on and one thing I liked about the old format here was that it was original. I don't want to be whiny and complain about how much the new look sucks but it doesn't feel... comfortable with this sudden change if that makes any sense.

On the plus side, I killed the 'like' button! I know it's not much, but we have to start somewhere...

I will definitely be getting the blogs back and live chat will be there as well.

The most important thing to say right now is don't panic. This look is not here to stay by any means however since it was thrown at me without warning there's nothing I or any of the rest of the Staff could do to prepare for it.

Once again please accept my apologies and thank you in advance for your patience while we get everything sorted!

~High on Lullabies

Gotta say, my first reaction was an audible "eeeeek!" and it's still very unnerving, but I think I can deal. (I'm one of those weird people though that embrace change, and I'm actually excited for the new facebook profile thing coming up soon, so perhaps I'm a dork.) But anyway, I haven't even noticed the like button yet, but the objections against it seem quite rational. Maybe we can just all agree not to use it? Anyway, I just want to give HoL and any other admins a big hug, because you guys seem to always be pretty on top of things. I think the gut reaction to any change is hate, but y'all are doing a great job, and it's nice to see that you're already trying to address the concerns. The fact that this was not your choice, and that you are already working hard to make everyone happy completely gets rid of any issues I have with the change. And yes, it looks a lot more like a social networking site, but maybe that will help wallflowers like me to step out of the woodwork and get more friendly (to mix metaphors kind of oddly).

Archived