Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Problems, Queries And Requests

Vetinari

I used to be able to "mark all new posts as read" (so that when I next searched for new posts, they didn't come up again)

Don't know if that is still possible?

:?

The very bottom left corner of the page says "Mark Community Read". Is that maybe what you are looking for?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allergyboy - I'll see what I can do. In case you weren't already aware, your friends list should be visible on the right-hand side of your profile.

Actually, no I hadn't noticed that -- that's very helpful, thanks.

I used to be able to "mark all new posts as read" (so that when I next searched for new posts, they didn't come up again)

Don't know if that is still possible?

:?

You can also select on the side menu when you go to show new content, just content I have not read. I don't know if that helps or not.

Hello. chaps. Now reopening a subject about the YouTube thread is totally alien to my way of being , but it seems that links to YouTube are now automatically embedded or something, so if you link they just appear here. Does this mean that the forum is now more apparent to the YouTube author and indeed other YT members than was the case before?

I won't even bother to repeat yet again my suggestion that what should be posted is the title and channel identifying the clip, because \i know no one likes the idea.

Ps and I've just realised that this change means that there is no clue to the title or author, so you can't find it or any related vids and indeed can't even tell eg the sex of the sneezer without watching the vid....

I have disabled the 'embedding' feature because if nothing else it will eat our bandwidth allowance like I eat chocolate fudge cake! :drool: This basically means that the posting of links in the Youtube thread and elsewhere will be exactly as it was before the upgrade.

Good luck HoL, my good friend, and thank you so very much for taking so much time and effort to fix things :wub:

Thanks Maru smile.pnghug.gif

'Pending' members should now once again be able to edit their profile information. To do this go to the drop-down menu with your username on it at the very top-right of the page (in the black banner) and then click on 'My Settings'.

This privilege has been extended to 'Validating' and 'Lurker' members too! smile.png

i still cant edit my own profile sadsmiley.gif

Yes you can, I explained how to do it right here...

Thanks Maru smile.pnghug.gif

'Pending' members should now once again be able to edit their profile information. To do this go to the drop-down menu with your username on it at the very top-right of the page (in the black banner) and then click on 'My Settings'.

This privilege has been extended to 'Validating' and 'Lurker' members too! smile.png

what else would you like me to look into? I can't guarantee any kind of success but, I'll certainly do my best smile.png

Welllllll. Probably not high on priority, but with the new PM system, it seems somewhat illogical to me that when you have an ongoing "conversation", on opening new mail, you have to scroll through all the old messages first before you come to the most recent. In most e-mail systems I have used, it is the other way round, i.e. the most recent is at the top for convenience, and you can look back at earlier conversations by scrolling down if you want to. I wondered whether there was some kind of default which could be swapped round so that when you opened your mail, you went immediately to the newest message please?

I had an odd situation, maybe someone already mentioned it. I edited a message I had just posted, and saved the changes, but it looked like it was still in edit mode rather than clearly reposting it as in the old days. Only when I re-loaded the page did it appear reposted, no more edit mode. I was using Firefox as my browser, don't know if that had anything to do with it. And I don't know if there's any clear fix or if I'm just not understanding something.

Vetinari - I'm afraid it doesn't look like that's possible at the minute. I think it's because the forum now treats each conversation as if it were a topic, and hence the posts display in chronological order with oldest first. Though having said that I did try reversing it so the newst post displayed first and that didn't affect the PM's.

Allergyboy - To me at least that's not a new fault. It happened to me a good number of times with the old software exactly like you described (I use Internet Explorer, so not sure it's a Firefox thing). I was hoping they might have managed to fix it with the new version though.

Here's a couple of things that I don't think anyone has pointed out yet. I fully understand that there might be no way to fix them, but here they are...

Firstly, when you click 'topics' on someone's profile, the forum now appears to show only the last 5 topics started by that member. Before the upgrade, it showed all of them- and that was a great way to look through old observations, stories, etc. posted by a particular person. The same is true of 'posts'.

Secondly (and this is a very minor point) there is now a 'latest visitors' feature that shows who has viewed your profile recently. If no-one especially wants this, I would rather have it turned off. Given that only validated members can view profiles anyway, they should be free to do so without leaving footprints.

Thanks. smile.png

Edit: I've just realised that you can use the 'find content' button on someone's profile to see their topics and posts... you see more than 5, but still not all of them.

I have noticed that for some members, the avatar change resulted in them having their personal photo shown as avatar - meaning everyone can see it, including guests. Just a heads up for those it happened to, so you're aware of it.

YES!! This made me very nervous when I saw my picture as my avatar when I wasn't even logged in. I have been very busy this week, so it took me several days to realize this was even happening. I've obviously changed my photo back to my previous avatar, but some people that only visit periodically may not have even realized this is happening. I'm not sure what the solution is, as you can't go through every member to see if they have a photo posted, but I was very upset to see that my photo was available to any visitors, member or not.

Something silly and minor, but on the left where you can see who posted you used to be able to see how long the person has been a member. Not a big deal, but I kinda liked that feature, mainly because I am nosey!

Also, are the birthday's appearing anywhere? I haven't stumbled across them, but again, last night was really my first time exploring the new set up so I may just be missing it.

HoL, thanks so much for all the work you have been doing fixing all of our demands requests. You are so patient and amazing and I'm sure I can speak for most when I say we REALLY appreciate you!

Heathcliff - Currently the content search is limited to one year. I will look if this can be changed.

I have just checked on whether the 'latest visitors' feature can be turned off or not, and unfortunately this is not possible. It maybe there is a modifcation that would allow this feature to be disabled if there was sufficient demand for it and the Staff agreed. I'll look into this.

Lalena - The calendar application was removed when the upgrade occurred so that's why the birthdays have disappeared. We are aiming to bring this back. As regards to the 'Joined Date' for members, read on...

I have added a number of small modifcations this afternoon:

- Date member joined the forum now displays in their info next to each post (like the old software).

- Added a link to a member's content in the active user list.

- Full, VIP and Honoured Members can now change their custom titles when they wish. You don't need to ask the Staff anymore! heh.gif To do this, just go to edit your profile and it will be in the 'Profile Settings' tab :)

- Added a new 'Statistics' tab to the profile (Displays for 'Newbies' and above only).

- Topic sub-titles are back! biggrin.png

- Members who are promoted from 'Pending' will now receive an automatic PM confirming their promotion and inviting them to look at Read Before Posting to see their new abilities.

Heathcliff - Currently the content search is limited to one year. I will look if this can be changed.

Ah, I see. Yes, it would be great if you could change that.

I have just checked on whether the 'latest visitors' feature can be turned off or not, and unfortunately this is not possible. It maybe there is a modifcation that would allow this feature to be disabled if there was sufficient demand for it and the Staff agreed. I'll look into this.

Please don't bother looking into this on my account. I just thought it was a silly feature, and if there was a simple 'on-off' button for it, we should remove it... but it really doesn't matter.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work. :)

I realize that this may be a very minor detail.. but when I click on "view new content" (or most any section of the forum, really), the label that appears on my browsers tab is now "New Content- Sneeze Fetish Forum" as opposed to simply "search results" as before. Obviously can't have the forum open at all if I think someone's going to walk in the room. Again, just a minor detail though.

Hi hi. :) I'm just dropping by to say thank you to HOL for being so awesome about dealing with all these technical difficulties. cheekkiss.gif Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

- Full, VIP and Honoured Members can now change their custom titles when they wish. You don't need to ask the Staff anymore! heh.gif To do this, just go to edit your profile and it will be in the 'Profile Settings' tab smile.png

I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome you added this. For awhile I've wanted to change my title to something different than "Random Coconut" (as it refers to an inside joke on an online game that I haven't played in several years and can't even remember what the joke was anymore), but have been unable to think of what I wanted to change it to. It's nice to know that when I finally do figure out what I'd like to change it to, I'll be able to do it all by myself without bothering anyone. biggrin.png

Also just a general thanks for all the hard work you've been doing. :)

I just wanted to say that I REALLY like the new forum. I know some were/are a little frustrated with the change, but since HoL has done such a great job trying to add all the stuff we used to have, and all the new features this forum offers, I think we are going to be better off.

I realize we are still missing some things like the calandar and live chat, and it would be great to get that back, but for the most part I am very happy!

Thanks HoL!

Archived