Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Problems, Queries And Requests

Vetinari

Thank you again, HoL, for all these wonderful developments.

But for now, is it something I am doing wrong or has the "View new content" feature gone wrong? It just tells me there is none, however I set the controls, even though there are clearly brand new posts when you look at the forums. And I'd finally worked out how to work it and it was much easier than before .

It is seriously confusing me! Help.

Oh, any chance of some slightly darker but not black or grey skins? What about blue; that always seemed to work......?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike HoL, I can't look at your account, Count ... and maybe someone else will have to help you if there is a genuine problem, but as a first line, have you checked that your settings are correct? When you click on it there should be a box of options that pops up on the left hand side of your screen.

• I have mine set so that under "By Content Type" the option "Forums" is highlighted in Purple.
  • Lower down in the "By Time Period" section, I have "Past 24 Hours" highlighted in purple. I set it to those because when I had it on "New since my last visit" it would only load the new posts once or twice and then after that it would tell me there were no new ones.
  • Under that there is an "Other" section and I have nothing at all highlighted in that part. if you have accidentally set it to "Just items I follow" for example, it will probably come up with nothing.

The system seems to be working for me at the moment so I hope that maybe helps, and maybe someone with better access will be able to have a look if you are still having problems later.

Ooh, I do feel a foool! I thought I had tried every combination, but somehow I must have hit "just items I follow" by askident.

Thank you so much!

By the way, what time is it in the real world? Have I somehow missed the magic hour?

by the way guys, am i the only one, who is having trouble, with the speed. Everything seems to take an age to load, and its only this website, cos everything else i go on is fine...

Is there a way to turn the font effects of other peoples' posts off? I appreciate that people have things to say and if they want to say 'em in color, that's fine - but my eyes are frankly terrible and it's wreaking havoc on them. :\ I'd much rather turn font effects off than have to put people on ignore!

I noticed that the 'weekly chat' notification has reappeared. I assumed this was just because the calendar has come back... but I wondered if the live chat was restored and I hadn't noticed?

I'm not wanting to seem impatient, I'm just interested in what the status of the chat is. Hope it's okay to ask. smile.png

I noticed that the 'weekly chat' notification has reappeared. I assumed this was just because the calendar has come back... but I wondered if the live chat was restored and I hadn't noticed?

I'm not wanting to seem impatient, I'm just interested in what the status of the chat is. Hope it's okay to ask. smile.png

I removed that notification from the calendar since we haven't yet reinstated the Chat room functions (nor will we until the developer fixes a few bugs that have appeared with the "upgrade"). We thought people hadn't really paid attention to the "official" chat time in years anyway.

Quick question...not receiving PM notification via email. How do I fix it?

Click your username in the upper right-hand of the page. Go to "My Settings." Go to "Notification Options." Under the "Private Messages" heading, make sure "Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation" is checked for email.

That should work. :) I based this off another forum I use that uses the same software, but I can't imagine it being different here.

Quick question...not receiving PM notification via email. How do I fix it?

Click your username in the upper right-hand of the page. Go to "My Settings." Go to "Notification Options." Under the "Private Messages" heading, make sure "Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation" is checked for email.

That should work. smile.png I based this off another forum I use that uses the same software, but I can't imagine it being different here.

And if you still don't appear to get the e-mails then... for me they suddenly went to my spam folder after the update so you might have to "un-spam" the notifications. :)

Is there a way to turn the font effects of other peoples' posts off? I appreciate that people have things to say and if they want to say 'em in color, that's fine - but my eyes are frankly terrible and it's wreaking havoc on them. :\ I'd much rather turn font effects off than have to put people on ignore!

I'd like to second this question. I looked around in my settings and couldn't find anything.

Ouro and Junia - Unfortunately at the minute there's no way to specify whether you can see the changes people have made to their text. I have asked the person who made it to look into this and will probably, until this is resolved, disable the mod as very few people seem to be using it anyway.

Count - I have now installed a blue skin, which can be accessed by hitting 'change theme' at the very bottom me any page and choosing 'Delicate Blue'.

*squees* BLUE SKIN!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbounce.gif Thank you lots and lots HoL. biggrin.pnghug.gifwub.png

.... uhm... I mean. Ooh, that's a lovely skin, thank you. blushing.gif

Yup, thanks from me too HoL. The forum looks better in blue!

Ouro and Junia - Unfortunately at the minute there's no way to specify whether you can see the changes people have made to their text. I have asked the person who made it to look into this and will probably, until this is resolved, disable the mod as very few people seem to be using it anyway.

Thank you so much, HoL. I really appreciate it.

Thanks, HOL, for disabling the text effects until it can be determined if the effect can be switched on and off. I didn't want to say anything, because other people already had, but I have vision problems that make reading on the computer difficult, and the fuscia color literally hurts my eyes. I can ignore it in sigs (um, sorry people who use it in their sigs :unsure:), but I felt really bad having to choose between it giving me a headache and not reading people's posts. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta question! Maybe there's a setting for this, but I can't seem to find it.

Before the upgrade, when I clicked on a thread it would take me to the last post in the thread. If I clicked the little orange box to the left of the thread, it would take me to the last read post.

I'm noticing that since the upgrade, clicking on the thread takes me to the first post. And if I've already read the thread, the little icon to the left to take you to the last post goes away. So if I want to re-read something, I have to always click through all the pages to get to the last thing. Is there a setting to make it always go to the last post?

I just realized I haven't tested this with the other skins. Maybe I should check that...

ETA: Just tested it. Skins don't change the way it works.

I can't believe I know something that such a computer savvy star does not, so I may have misunderstood this. But if you click on the date of the last post displayed on the right of the thread title, a little thing comes up saying "go to last post " and you do. In fact I have always done this because I never understood what that little orange box was there for....

The little orange box was to go to the last unread post. Now it goes away entirely if you've read the thread, whereas it used to always be there and just take you to the end of the thread. I guess we both learned something today, eh Count?

Oh god. And just for extra computer failure fun? I typed this post about 4 hours ago. I just got home and realized I never actually hit add reply. Go me!

I click the blue button on the left. It works the same as the orange box did! However, it will take you to the first post in a thread, most likely due to the updates clearing the cookies of the last post you've read for a particular thread:)

Thanks obsessed! I just meant that the button disappears after you've read a thread, and I'm used to it always being there. I'm just being stubborn and resistant to change! It happens when you get old like me. Ha!

Archived