Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Problems, Queries And Requests

Vetinari

I request that whenever members refer to the "upgrade", the word upgrade be in quotation marks.

In all seriousness though it's good to see that something new is fixed every other day. Keep up the good work!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heathcliff - Currently the content search is limited to one year. I will look if this can be changed.

Ah, I see. Yes, it would be great if you could change that.

I have removed the date limit on the content search, however the forum will still automatically limit the number of posts you can view for any one member on their content tab at 1000. I'm not sure why this is, but it doesn't seem like it can be changed.

ETA: We have a calendar once more! :) It should have now appeared in the list of tabs below the forum logo. To see today's birthdays, then maximise your 'Recent Content' tab (the white button with the '<<' symbol on it on the right of the screen).

You know what? I'm kinda coming around to the new look - you just gotta immerse yourself in it and before you know it... Thanks HoL for all the hard work - my liking this new look is in no small way due to all your modifications for the better! :D

Hi hi. :) I'm just dropping by to say thank you to HOL for being so awesome about dealing with all these technical difficulties. cheekkiss.gif Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Agreed! Especially since he's done nearly all of it by himself!

I think I may have just noticed one little issue. I'm not entirely sure that it's a problem, but I figured I'd post about it anyway.

The little news-feed-ish thing on the right side of the page shows what threads have been created/active lately. This also includes threads from the Adult Board. This probably isn't a big issue, but some 18+ threads end up having 18+ titles, be it by necessity or a certain creativity.

Then again, it's entirely possible that such threads only appear to members who can actually access the Adult Board, and I don't really have any way of testing this. I just figured I'd put it out there to be safe.

I can't say for sure, but I know that my feed-thingy also shows posts being discussed on the Staff Board. I don't believe you'll get a notification there for boards you aren't able to access (for example, being 18+ and seeing updates from the Youth Board). :)

Blah-San, if you log out you'll see that everything posted in Adult Board (or for younger members the Youth board if you've got access to that), Announcements and Personal, Trading Post etc, so everything a guest is not allowed to view will not show up in the latest topics posted thingy. :) So I think it's linked to your "group" as in when you're logged in it will show you everything you've got access to and when you're logged out it will show you everything a guest has access to. :)

This morning I've uploaded of what I hope will be a couple of alternate skins for this new forum. To change to the new one, then hit the 'Change Theme' button you'll find at the very bottom of any forum page below the list of members online/reading the topic/forum you're currently in :) For the moment the Blue theme will remain the default, but we'll be posting a poll in future to determine which theme people would prefer as the default. In the meantime, hope you like the new skin! :)

HoL, you're doing an awesome job around these parts. biggrin.png

I may have missed a post about this elsewhere, but any word on the blogs? Are they coming back, and if they do, will our old content still be there?

(They may even already be back, I just don't know where the hell to find them if they are.)

ETA: There's only one alternate skin, right? That's all I'm showing. I do like it though...makes it easier for me to keep my eyes open when I look at the board. :laugh:

Nicole - The blogs are a work in progress but yes the aim is certainly to get them back in the near future. Yes, all the blogs that originally existed before the upgrade should still do so as the information is all still there on the server. The only thing missing is the application to make them display correctly.

We now actually have 4 skins in total. The default blue and white one. The grey one I announced a couple of days ago and a new one I added last night called Paradox which can best be described as 'different'. I think it looks quite hallowe'en-ish. We also have a Mobile version of the blue and white skin which is a simplified form of the full skin and should activate automatically when you try and access the forum on a mobile device. There are currently some problems with this skin (text displaying as white in a few threads, reply box not appearing) and I'm working on resolving these.

Allergyboy - This function was deactivated along with the other sharing buttons (Facebook, Twitter, etc). I can look if whether it can be brought back, but will only do so if it can be restored without activating any of the other 'sharing' buttons and if its use can be limited to certain groups e.g. Not guests, etc.

I just got around to check the new skins, and I must say, the grey one is really nice. Simple and classy, and it has pretty stars too! :D

I appreciate you looking into it, High on Lullabies. I understand the concern about not activating the other sharing buttons, which I agree with. But I used to use the download option all the time, for personal use. Thanks.

Having investigated the 'Download' function thoroughly, unfortunately it can't be brought back without making it available to everyone, including guests which is something I'm not prepared to do. I'm sorry.

I... love the Paradox skin. :omg: *USES* It makes my inner goth purr.

I was wondering, though, if it's possible to get a proper SFF banner up there instead of that god-awful VIPBoard logo? I realize that this has to come far down on the priority list, but I thought I should mention it anyway. :blushing:

I... love the Paradox skin. omg.gif *USES* It makes my inner goth purr.

I was wondering, though, if it's possible to get a proper SFF banner up there instead of that god-awful VIPBoard logo? I realize that this has to come far down on the priority list, but I thought I should mention it anyway. blushing.gif

I assume he's fixed this? I see the logo at the top of the page...

I... love the Paradox skin. omg.gif *USES* It makes my inner goth purr.

I was wondering, though, if it's possible to get a proper SFF banner up there instead of that god-awful VIPBoard logo? I realize that this has to come far down on the priority list, but I thought I should mention it anyway. blushing.gif

I assume he's fixed this? I see the logo at the top of the page...

The SF logo is only visible when you use the default skin. All the others have the VIPBoard one.

For some reason I'm listed as registering now? I'm not sure if this is because of the new interface or because I tried to change my email adress, but I'm a member, I promise :P

VoOs - Yes, changing this is certainly on my agenda. Just need to work out the colour the background of the logo needs to be to blend in with the banner.

SomethingClever - Yes, it is because you changed your e-mail. The change needs to be approved by an Admin and as soon as this is done you'll go back to being a Member again :)

SomethingClever - Yes, it is because you changed your e-mail. The change needs to be approved by an Admin and as soon as this is done you'll go back to being a Member again smile.png

Done :)

Is there a limit on the number of posts we can make in a certain time frame?? I realize that we have had some problems with people abusing posting many posts after one another, but is there anyway we can set this limit for people that are validating and possibly pending?

Nevermind, it's not doing it anymore. I'm confused ...

Lynne - Thanks! :)

Lalena - There is a standard flood control for all forum members, which means there must be at least 90 seconds between posts. This is to try and prevent spamming of the board. This control is generic and cannot be varied between groups. Does this sound like the problem you were having, or was it something different?

HoL, that was probably it. I replied to a post and then tried to start my own right after. Thanks for clarifying! I never had that happen to me before, so I thought it was new.

It's not a big thing but within "manage my friends", there used to be 3 things: -

1. My friends

2. Friends pending approval

3. Mutual friends

The 3rd of these seems to have disappeared

Archived