Sneeze Fetish Forum

Disney

thegreatpretender

I wanna see more hand drawn disney movies. Not that animation isn't amazing, but I grew up on The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Alladin. It's just more interesting knowing that everything was drawn out. The last hand drawn movie as of late was The Princess and the Frog and I loved it. I want more of that...

I second this motion. Seriously. Tangled was really cute, don't get me wrong, but Princess and the Frog was simply amazing because I missed that style so much. Maybe they wait long enough to have us begging, so they know we'll dump our wallets to see it xD

Totally agree! I loved The Princess and the Frog! I loved Tangled too, but it'd be nice to see more of a balance of hand-drawn and computer animated movies.

Has anyone else been watching Disneycember on That Guy With The Glasses?

In his review of both The Princess And The Frog and Tangled, he brings up a very good point about current Disney animation. Since the advent of computer animation, there seems to be a certain "prejudice" against hand-drawn animation. Many people these days seem to assume that computer animation is more of an "all audiences" medium, while hand-drawn animation is only for little kids. I personally believe that this is entirely untrue, and I know a lot of people agree, but the masses do not, and more importantly, the people making the movies don't either. All-audience movies will statistically sell more, so they make what they believe to be all-audience movies, which unfortunately means that hand-drawn animation is becoming less and less common.

Don't get me wrong, I love both hand-drawn animation and computer animation, but I think there has to be a balance between the two. Either one can be really good, and in some circumstances one is better than the other, so trying to get rid of hand-drawn animation isn't a good idea. Hopefully studios like Disney and Dreamworks will realize it before it's too late...

I totally second (or third, or fourth...) the love of hand-drawn animation. And not just Disney, but across the whole wealth of animated material. In my opinion, overuse of computer effects in Japanese anime has significantly affected my enjoyment of it. Thats not to say that computer effects don't have their place, but the older, more obviously hand-drawn films and series hold a certain charm for me that newer ones struggle to replicate.

Has anyone else been watching Disneycember on That Guy With The Glasses?

Uh-huh. :wub: Doug Walker is my hero.

I've been re-watching most Disney classics this December, along with Walker's Disneycember. Some of them I still enjoy (like Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Treasure Planet) but all in all I strongly prefer Japanese hand drawn animated movies. Miyazaki, anyone?

Miyazaki, anyone?
Yes! :heart::wub: :wub:

And I agree, my favourite movie is one of those brilliantly hand-drawn Disney ones. I know it's probably more expensive to do it that way than just animate the whole lot but I do very much miss it.

Hand-drawn Disney is the best! And from my point of view, it's also far more kid-friendly. I wouldn't say that this excludes adult audience at all, but the fact that it is not a computer animation somehow adds more spirit to a movie or a series. It's like an audiobook, either read by a real person or read by a computer voice. Computer material is just one step more away from the human "touch".

Ok, maybe that sounds a little weird, but that's how it somehow feels to me.

Also: Mickey Mouse was ALWAYS a cartoon character. He HAS to be hand-drawn. The new computer animated Mickey is like sacrilege to me! upset.gif

my favourite movie is one of those brilliantly hand-drawn Disney ones.

What is your favorite movie? :P

I've learned to love the computer-animated movies. I think Shrek put a bad taste in my mouth, and for a while I was unwilling to give non-Pixar computer-animated movies a second glance. But How to Train Your Dragon, Tangled, and Megamind really made me come around.

I really do miss hand-drawn Disney films, though. And one thing about Princess and the Frog and Tangled that I loved was that the characters actually SANG. There were some Disney movies there for a while that had songs in the background, but no character singing. Like Lilo and Stitch, Tarzan, Emperor's New Groove... made me really sad. If I had to choose between hand-drawn Disney or characters-actually-sing-the-songs Disney, I think I'd choose the latter.

I really do miss hand-drawn Disney films, though. And one thing about Princess and the Frog and Tangled that I loved was that the characters actually SANG. There were some Disney movies there for a while that had songs in the background, but no character singing. Like Lilo and Stitch, Tarzan, Emperor's New Groove... made me really sad. If I had to choose between hand-drawn Disney or characters-actually-sing-the-songs Disney, I think I'd choose the latter.

That's so true!! The singing in Disney movies should be a must! Perhaps I should change my statement from just hand drawn to hand drawn with character vocals. I mean they just put Beauty and the Beast back into theaters in 3D. (Mind you I don't really care for 3D but I totally went to see the Lion King when that was in theaters again) Do you know how many people who grew up on that are gonna go see it? Too many. It's the money...

Jungle Book. Best Disney movie EVER. :heart: Hand-drawn hilarity and JAZZ. Well, swing, at least. Jungle Book and the Aristocats, man. All the way.

In Dutch because it's funnier than the original. :lol:

What is your favorite movie?
The sword in the stone of course. :P "Impudent piece of crockery."

And of course: "Madam, I have not disappeared, I am very tiny. I am a germ. A rare disease. I am called malignalitaloptereosis... and you've caught me, Mim!" "What!"

Archived