Sneeze Fetish Forum

"11/22/63"

Chanel_no5

I haven't read the King novel "11/22/63" yet, although I literally whimper with desire when I read the book reviews. I've decided to try and keep my head cool and wait until it's been translated into my language, because while I can read a story in English perfectly well, some nuances get lost. Don't ask me how, most people think it's the other way around, but I feel like I don't get the entire understanding unless I read it in my own language.

Anyway. Has anyone read it? Is it any good? Don't leave spoilers, please, but should I take a cold shower and aim to read it indifferently, or am I justified in getting all hot and bothered about it?

:dribble:

If that's the one about the guy who time travels to prevent the Kennedy assassination, then I can tell you for sure that TYS has read it. He loved it. He talked at length about it until even *I* wanted to read it. I'll tell him to get in touch with you so you both can geek out about Stephen King. happy.png

That's it! That's the one! :bounce:

Oh my God, I won't be able to read it because I'll faint from sheer geekiness! :lol:

I want to get my hands on that FOR REAL. I've read raving reviews. Stupid thing, in the larger bookshops I've only seen the Dutch translation so far :lol: I don't want Dutch, I want Stephen King's Sixties American!

I held the book in my hands a few weeks ago. But I had no money and I've decided to wait for the translation, which may take a year or so. But it was the hardest thing I've ever done, putting that book back in the shelf. I was shaking afterwards. Yeah, well, I'm a King addict.

Archived