Sneeze Fetish Forum

Books with sneezing in it

Ciel

These few days I've got a bit more spare time than usual, so I decided to organize the things in the storeroom. There were boxes of old toys, old children's books and old clothes. I put aside the old clothes and the old toys to donate later, but I thought that I should see if there were any books I would like to keep before giving them away.

Then I found these three books. I remembered that I loved those three books a lot, because they contained sneezing.

The first one was "The Mystery of Hermie the Missing Hamster". It's a Jigsaw Jones mystery book, in which a kid loses his hamster and Jigsaw Jones decides to help him find it. They are clueless until Jigsaw's friend, Mila steps into the case. In the kid's house, she starts sneezing madly. she explains she is allergic to animal fur, such as hamsters. she has a major sneezing fit when she goes near a wadrobe, and when they open it, they find that the hamster is inside!

The second book is from the Bailey School Kids , called "vampires don't wear polka dots." The kids' new teacher, Mrs Jeepers is from Transylvania, so the kids suspect her of being a vampire. So they bring in garlic, assuming that if she is allergic to the garlic that means she is a vampire. During the class Mrs Jeepers keeps sneezing, "Ker-choo, ker-choo, ker-choo." Maybe some people ARE allergic to garlic. stunned.gif

The third book is called Atchoo! It's my favourite. it's about a boy called Sam who catches a cold, and the book teaches you how not to spread your germs when you are sick. There is a lot of sneezing and pictures of Sam, with his red nose. I think I read this book when I was about four. maybe that book was the origin of my fetish. twitchsmile.gif

Any books that you kept reading when you were a kid just to get to the sneezing part?

Well, when I was, like, 5 or 6, I liked to read "Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo!" and "Robert the Rose Horse." I liked to read them ONLY if I was alone, tho'. Whenever my dad or someone wanted to read them to me, I'd run out of the room. xD And when I was 9, I LOVED Sugar Creek Gang. (It had a lot of sneezing--and a great way to write it! LOL!)

:)

Hermie and the missing hamster!!! Thank you so much for helping me remember that!!!! It's been bothering me ever since I found the forum, but I couldn't post about it because I couldn't remember what series it was! So thanks!!! *ends threadjack*

Robert the Rose Horse.

This book, I swear... They had it at our pre-school when I was about six. It was basically pr0n. ><

When I was in second grade, we had this substitute teacher that read aloud to the class about a girl whose father had a hayfever attack in school on the girl's first graduation. Needless to say, I got the book from the library and read that chapter about 129386 times.

Then there was this book about a girl who took care of a stray cat, even though her father was horribly allergic to it (the illustrations in this one are forever engraved in my brain...) Oh, and a book about a guinea pig, Snurran the Brave, that had a scene where the guinea pig's owner's father steps out of the shower and has a sneezing fit from a cold, almost scaring the little animal to death. X) It even had some congested talk spelled out... *daydreams*

All my most vivid fetish related book memories involve sneezing fathers, it seems. Interesting. :laugh:

Funny you should post this topic now, as I've spent two days searching through some old stuff that I saved from the garbage can when I was moving out a few years ago. Lots of comics with sneezing in it. Ah hell, I wasn't that picky back in the days, when there was no internet and every single mention of a sneeze was worth saving. Some stuff I was particularly fond of, and I can't bring myself to throw it, but wow, it's quite a lot.

There's a small children's book called "Tea Party" that I used to love, in which the character "Mrs Elephant" (no, really, it's true) sneezes and sends the smaller animals for a flight. I actually stole it from a friend, I'm sorry to say. :shy:

Also, the reason I'm looking through this old stuff, is because I recalled an old horse magazine with a comic (serious style) in which one of the riding students' mother is allergic to horses - and if I'm not sorely mistaken, this character looks a lot like my current Holy Grail of sneezing, so I've been desperately trying to find that one. No such luck yet, but I cannot imagine throwing away something that brought me so much joy for such a long time, so the search goes on.. (I've found a Donald Duck comic in which Magica de Spell is terribly allergic to pollen/flowers and sneezes a lot of times, so it's not a complete waste of time, though... :lol: )

Then there was this book about a girl who took care of a stray cat, even though her father was horribly allergic to it (the illustrations in this one are forever engraved in my brain...)

Hey... I remember this one, too. I was scared to death of being caught with it. :rolleyes:

I loved reading "The Mitten" over and over again, but it was super awkward whenever my mom decided to read it to me. It had one sneeze with a slight buildup, and I think it was from a bear. :P

A little older, I adored the book "The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor" by Enid Blyton, one of the chapters is called, "Sneezing Powder" and well... Yeah...

I don't have it any more, sadly, but I remember this kid, Julian, created a working sneezing powder and put it all in Elizabeth's (The Naughtiest Girl) French book, and whenever she turns a page, it flies in the air. Some lovely fits~ XD

I loved reading "The Mitten" over and over again, but it was super awkward whenever my mom decided to read it to me. It had one sneeze with a slight buildup, and I think it was from a bear. tonguesmiley.gif

Haha! I still own that book!

My favourites were probably the Magic School bus one where they go inside Arnold and he sneezes them out again, and an educational kids book I had as part of a science-y series called "Germs Make Me Sick". I don't think I really need to explain why I liked that one so much XD

Magic School Bus series? I don't remember the one about Arnold sneezing, but I remember I had a Magic School Bus "The Giant Germ" book in which the bus goes into the body of a sick kid (Jim??). I still remember my favourite quote from that book: '"Thanks for picking me up, Mom. My throat really hurts," Jimmy said, coughing. His nose was red and swollen, and his eyes were watery. Jimmy's mother turned round from the front seat and handed him a tissue.' ... Even without sneezing, that line was just SO... lovely. twitchsmile.gif

A little older, I adored the book "The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor" by Enid Blyton, one of the chapters is called, "Sneezing Powder" and well... Yeah...

I don't have it any more, sadly, but I remember this kid, Julian, created a working sneezing powder and put it all in Elizabeth's (The Naughtiest Girl) French book, and whenever she turns a page, it flies in the air. Some lovely fits~ XD

I still have my copy of this! I also have (somewhere) "Third Year at Malory Towers" by Enid Blyton, where one chapter is about a trick the girls play on the French mistress, using some kind of chemical fumes that make her sneeze hugely and unstoppably. There's some nice talk about sneezing as well.

I had a lot of Ladybird books when I was tiny, and I recently managed to track down the two that were my favourites. The first is "The Bunney-Fluff's Moving Day", where a rabbit family are moving away from a home by the river because they keep falling in and getting 'such coughs and sneezes'...there is a picture of a little rabbit at the breakfast table, about to sneeze into a big, green-bordered handkerchief.

The second one is "Piggly Plays Truant". Two little pigs play truant from school and end up on the last page with terrible colds. I could never understand why it felt so nice to look at the final picture; the two of them tucked up in bed, wearing pyjamas. One is sneezing into a hanky and the other has his snout buried in a hanky. I used to love this bit, I often looked at this picture in private.

Ahhh, very fun topic for sure. When I was younger I remember always reading over this one part of a book I believe was called "The Princess and the Frog", where the princess was allergic to the prince's cat, and yet the cat wouldn't leave her alone. The result was her having a progressively worse sneezing fit and scaring the frog as he looked on.

If anyone's familiar with Brian Jacques' "Redwall" series, there were a few sneezes interspersed throughout the books. I don't remember which specific ones contained sneezing, but I remember one of my favorites being from a hedgehog character named Tansy who sneezed from feathers tickling her nose after a pillow fight (I used to be obsessed with this idea as a little kid, before I understood about allergies proper).

I think I'm going to have to try and check out some of the books on this list... :yes:

I don't remember picture books with sneezing in them, but I vividly remember these from when I got a little older.

Martin Redpost (There was this scene where the entire class fakes sneezing and then the main character ends up actually having to sneeze and gets in trouble.)

The Bailey School Kids (Oh my God. I read these so many times. Nearly every character sneezed at least once, I'm pretty sure, and a couple sneezed with frequency and REALLY good descriptions).

Wayside School (It was a little disturbing here, what with the sneezers occasionally being gross and sneezing their noses off, but I loved the books anyway and I remember enjoying at least one or two sneezes now and then.)

"Wonder's sister" by Joanna Campbell. My sister still has it. It has several sneezes in two chapters. I've read that like thousand times. (Yeah, I used to be a horse-girl AND a sneeze-girl. Nowadays I'm just the sneeze-one ;D)

I can't remember the title, or even a ton of the details, but there was a book about a boy with various allergies who somehow ended up stowed away on a ship. The climax (hee) was a "sneezing while hiding" scene--some kind of crime was going down on the ship and the boy was hiding near one of his allergy triggers. First he starts feeling itchy (between his shoulder blades, I'm remembering) and then he knows he's going to have to sneeze.... Yeah. The cover illustration was a ship, a cartoon dialogue bubble coming out of it with the word "Achoo!"

I feel like I might have been 11 or 12 when I came upon this, and whenever we went to the library, I would go off by myself and secretively find it and read it as many times as I could. I was way, way too embarrassed to ever actually borrow it--of course, I didn't understand why it all felt so shameful yet!

My all time favourite when I was young was Karen's School Trip, from the series Babysitter's Little Sister, where the flu goes around Karen's class. Practically the whole story is about how one after the other her classmates get sick :D Lots of sneezing too hehe xD I don't know what happened to my copy, I think Mum threw it out cause it got too old and worn...:(

My all time favourite when I was young was Karen's School Trip, from the series Babysitter's Little Sister, where the flu goes around Karen's class. Practically the whole story is about how one after the other her classmates get sick :D Lots of sneezing too hehe xD

I always had a love/hate relationship with that book. Because the illness started out all yummy, and then got...icky. :(

It was a Babysitter's club book. Can't exactly remember which one, or if I even owned it or had rented it from the library. But one of the subplots was with this girl whose brother was allergic to like everything, and she was hiding a kitten in her room. I read certain parts of that over and over again. I guess I was around 7 or 8 at the time?

• 5 months later...

It was a Babysitter's club book. Can't exactly remember which one, or if I even owned it or had rented it from the library. But one of the subplots was with this girl whose brother was allergic to like everything, and she was hiding a kitten in her room. I read certain parts of that over and over again. I guess I was around 7 or 8 at the time?

Oh my god! THIS! THIS BOOK! Mary Anne and the Search for Tigger. I remember hiding it under my bed and reading it late at night, haha!

I loved that series. :lol:

Oh my God.omg.gif I am so finding all of these books. drool.gif:blushsmiley:

I actually don't remember many of the sneeze books I've read. I remember one from The Magic School Bus series where they travel into a flower and someone (Arnold?) is allergic to pollen. I also remember a remix version of The Three Little Pigs where the wolf had a cold and was sneezing and that was why he was blowing down all the pigs house. I have many more but I can't remember them. I guess it's time to look through my old books, huh? I'm sure I'll find plenty.

Oh, look! A sneeze smiley! :sneeze:

The only one I distinctly remember was a Disney book that was a Christmas story about Donald Duck and his nephews (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) who were ill at Christmas time (all tucked up in bed together! So cute) and in their dreams they go save Christmas or something like that. It was always such a treat because my mum kept the Christmas books packed away with the Christmas decorations, so I only got to read it a few times a year at the holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

My favourites were probably the Magic School bus one where they go inside Arnold and he sneezes them out again, and an educational kids book I had as part of a science-y series called "Germs Make Me Sick". I don't think I really need to explain why I liked that one so much XD

Dude, get out of my bookshelf, those are mine!! D:

I used to constantly read 'Germs make you sick' as a kid. I WORE OUT that book with how much I read it. I'd like to read it again now actually.

Hmmm, then in high school, my favorite book ever was 'Howl's Moving Castle'. I still remember that fateful night where I got to the chapter 'in which a royal wizard catches a cold' and I stayed up ALL night reading it. over and over. biggrin.png Howl's sneezes supposedly shook the walls of the castle with their intensity.

"...he started sneezing for attention again." :lmfao: My favourite line from the entire book, I think.