Sneeze Fetish Forum

Books with sneezing in it

Ciel

Hmmm, then in high school, my favorite book ever was 'Howl's Moving Castle'. I still remember that fateful night where I got to the chapter 'in which a royal wizard catches a cold' and I stayed up ALL night reading it. over and over. biggrin.png Howl's sneezes supposedly shook the walls of the castle with their intensity.

Me tooo. I secretly bookmarked that section. :) (but I took out the bookmark later because I was a teensy bit paranoid.)

The kids' new teacher, Mrs Jeepers is from Transylvania

Is it very weird if I thought about something else here for the few moments? :rolleyes:

"Everyone worth knowing" by Lauren Weisberger has sneezing mentioned; the main character is allergic to dogs and then gets an allergy-safe dog, and the dog turns out to be allergic to like everything. :rolleyes:

It was just ridiculous, both the references to allergies and the book itself, really, but still.

One of my all-time favorite books, "Rhinehold", has a bit that drove me slightly batty, in which the heroes are riding in the rain and mysterious, quiet, not-quite-human future-villain Hagan sneezes, presumably from catching a cold. It's described as "a startlingly ordinary sound", which I always adored... later on his brother teases him about having been up all night sneezing and sneaking out of bed for a hot drink. I pretty much remember the whole scene by heart, it was so random and wonderful...

Long time ago I read a book called "The Fabulous Five in Trouble" by Betsy Haynes. One of those preteen books about relationships and best friends. This book had the five friends get together for a sleepover and wake up in each others bodies (turned out it was a vivid dream). Anyway, one of them wakes up with her friends cat allergy and her cat.

Sneezes were spelled out and included at least one build up.

Did anyone else read those books about "The land within"? There was this gnome, Vollmar(?), who had an abnormally large nose that would always get stuffed and congested whenever they went on adventures :lol:

I read a lot of these books, but there was another that I don't think anyone has mentioned. I believe it's called 101 Ways to Bug Your Parents, or something along those lines. The main character's nickname is Sneeze because he has such bad allergies to just about everything. There's mention of how in school everyone counts his sneezes and of course, there's some actual sneezes.

Definitely loved that book.

Oh there are so, SO many I could think of to list here. Have a few. Maybe one day I can make my own huge list of everything. xDD

First off, The Mitten. I love Jan Brett's work (so much to the point that the school's library let me take out The Wild Christmas Reindeer for an extended period of time) and The Mitten was one of my first real sneeze-anythings. :D

This makes me think of two books- Bear Snores On and Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten. Both are furry focuses but they have sneezing included (though only mentioned/plot deviced in Bear Snores On). The artwork for the Miss Bindergarten series is lovely and they illustrate sneezes and sickness so, SO well. Bear Snores On has a cute style and a pepper-induced sneeze, and I just adored both.

My mom when she was a child received these personalized storybooks with her name and personal details in it and such. You would fill out a form of your name, your siblings' names, your friends' names, where you live, ect. and they'd put them into books for you. She had most of them around our house and we still have them, and every once in a while she'd read them to us. One was where she met Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, complete with a whole lot of sneezing from Sneezy, and sneezing even being used as a minor plot point. Another was her and I think her sister going to a toy shop on Christmas Eve, where all the toys were alive and they had to deliver the toys for the store because the store's delivery truck was ill. I think I remember there being a sneeze in that one, too.

As for others, there was another "Achoo!" book not by Mercer Mayer that I remember begging my mom for when I was....6, I believe :laugh: that was a great one. Very nice art and huge focus on sneezing.

Another one that I adored was a Care Bears book which mentioned Share Bear getting sick and showed her all tucked up in bed (no sneezing though) and being cared for by the other Bears. I remember dragging that one around with me everywhere. I have vivid memories of me at my little sister's soccer games, playing on the playground with that book in one hand, falling apart at the seams! :lol:

When I was a little older I remember getting into Boxcar Children and Babysitters Club and books like that. I never actually got to see all the sneezing in Boxcar Children that everyone keeps talking about here (maybe I just didn't spread myself out as much?), but I remember two sneezes from Benny, the youngest brother. I don't remember which book the first one was but I know they were mining and it was from dust, and the second one was from the Amusement Park Mystery, twice from a chill.

Babysitters Club I also didn't spread myself out as much for (and I'm regretting it because nearly no books are on Kindle and they don't have them at my library anymore for some reason xD), but I remember two scenarios- one in Claudia And The Bad Joke, where Mallory pranks the girl she's sitting for with sneezing powder, and one where someone (can't remember who it was or which book- help is appreciated [:) was sitting for the Pike kids and most of them were sick. No sneezing but general caretaking.

That's all for now but be warned- I'll be back. xD

• 2 months later...

In "The Catcher in The Rye", Holden is noted to have a cold or something sometime during the book. several mentions of it but i don't think there was any sneezing sadly. Or i forget if it was him or someone else i don't remember now lol

Oh and in "The Outsiders", Ponyboy gets sick as well

Edited by StraightEdgeRyder

In "The Catcher in The Rye", Holden is noted to have a cold or something sometime during the book. several mentions of it but i don't think there was any sneezing sadly. Or i forget if it was him or someone else i don't remember now lol

Oh and in "The Outsiders", Ponyboy gets sick as well

It was the creepy old teacher he went to say goodbye to in the beginning of the book. :sick:

The Outsiders, though...God, how do I not remember that?! Probably because it's been so long since I read it. Rarely has a book destroyed me the way that one did, to the extent that I gave it away because I knew I'd never read it again.

Hmmm, then in high school, my favorite book ever was 'Howl's Moving Castle'. I still remember that fateful night where I got to the chapter 'in which a royal wizard catches a cold' and I stayed up ALL night reading it. over and over. biggrin.png Howl's sneezes supposedly shook the walls of the castle with their intensity.

omg.gif Adding this to list of books I need in my life immediately.

There was some Nancy Drew book that included sneezing-while-hiding. Nancy Drew and the Old Clock or something like that? I used to love that one. I kept it in my room with the rest of my books, which is terrific because otherwise someone might have noticed the page corners turned down. It was the same with Scooby-doo and the Werewolf (another sneezing-while-hiding, I love those.)

I recently read The Alchemyst and there is mention of allergy to cats, I dont remember if there is sneezing.

There is. :yes:

And Howl's Moving Castle is a f*cking masterpiece.

And Howl's Moving Castle is a f*cking masterpiece.

ahahah yes!! couldn't agree more!

I read that *particular* part four times in a row the first time I read the book.

I haven't seen any reference posted here before, but has anyone else noticed that the 'Tintin' series of comics is an absolute gold-mine of male sneezing? I read all of them as a child and distictly remember them making me feel a bit... odd... uhhuh.gif

This is really old,but there were loads of stuff here in my country which involved sneezing.

There's this series about health by doctor.....

Forgot!XD But,there were colds,fevers,allergies w00t.gif

Has someone mentioned The Scarlet Pimpernel yet? I only recently found out about a delicious scene that starts at the end of this chapter and finishes up at the start of this one. The villain of the piece, the physically frail yet cunning Chauvelin, falls prey to a wicked trick - Blakeney (the Scarlet Pimpernel) replaces his snuff with pepper! And of course Chauvelin inhales some of it and it sends him into an incapacitating sneezing fit. :drool: He sounds totally yummy, I just really need to read the whole story some time.

Edited by Murphy D.

Has someone mentioned The Scarlet Pimpernel yet? I only recently found out about a delicious scene that starts at the end of this chapter and finishes up at the start of this one. The villain of the piece, the physically frail yet cunning Chauvelin, falls prey to a wicked trick - Blakeney (the Scarlet Pimpernel) replaces his snuff with pepper! And of course Chauvelin inhales some of it and it sends him into an incapacitating sneezing fit. drool.gif He sounds totally yummy, I just really need to read the whole story some time.

Okay. So. WHY didn't they put this in the 1982 movie adaption?! In which Chauvelin is played by a deadly handsome, young Ian McKellen? *cries* He was my favourite character in that movie, and I found him ridiculously attractive. :frust:

Oh well. I'll just have to re-read that scene in the book a couple of times and let my imagination run wild. :innocent: Thank you so much for the links, Murphy!

Thank you so much for the links, Murphy!

And thank YOU for that photo of Ian McKellen! Oh my goodness, I had NO idea he used to look like that. :drool: Why didn't they put the sneezing in the moviiiiiiiiiieeeeeee. *SOBS*

• 1 year later...

Oh...I remember the Scarlet Pimpernel...

I read really fast and I got bored (we were reading it in class) so I read ahead.

Well then came the day we read it OUT LOUD in class.

Needless to say, I tried to hide blushing.

WELLLLLL...THEN WE WATCHED THE MOVIE.

Me and this other kid were obsessed with Lord of the Rings, and still are. So when the credits came up with Ian, I spun around and we looked at each other with this "WTF!?!?!?!" look. So then guess who he played. My brain made a connection, but couldn't decide whether to be excited or creeped out. Oh, when it decided to be excited, it got to that part AND IT WASN'T THERE!!!!!

(hey, anyone remember that other guy, Andrew or whatever, that liked the French girl? I liked the character in the book, and in the movie he was decently cute, but I can't find out the actor)

I remember in elementary school I read Junie B. Jones by Barbara Parks. Hilarious series of books, by the way! XD

Well, in "Junie B. Jones becomes a Beauty Shop Guy," Junie B. has to hold a fluffy towel up for the beauty shop lady while she fixes her dad's hair. Junie B. is proud of herself because she's "not even letting it touch the floor!"

At that point, the book cuts to a new paragraph:

"Only too bad for me. Because just then, my nose got some itchy fuzzies in it. And I started to sneeze.

'AH...AH...ACHOO!'

I sneezed right into the fluffy towel.

It was soft as a feather.

That's how come I wiped my itchy nose on the softie thing. Plus I blowed a teeny bit."

I always loved that scene as a child! XD

But there was also a LOT of sneezing in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. For example: there was a moment in the Power of Three series (not sure which one) when Hollyleaf was being chased by dogs (I think) and was knocked into some kind of human hiding spot. At that moment, the book mentions that "seeds got in her nose and made her sneeze." Oh boy, did that make me drool a bit. There was another moment when Fireheart is training Cloudpaw and right after they've finished fighting, Cloudpaw started "sneezing as dust tickled his nostrils." Oh yeah, and Warriors even had a character called Sneezekit, but he is only mentioned once in the entire series.

• 6 years later...

Not strictly sneezing, but this book, ”B as in Beauty” by Alberto Ferreras explicitly mentions SNEEZE FETISH :D:wub:. I never thought I’d see that in non-fetish literature, at least in a book that doesn’t seem to be strictly a psychology publishing about fetishes. Anyway, here’s a link to an e-book version. Yes, I know the quality is crap, because they want you to spend 7,99€ for the real deal. Anyways, enjoy:

https://books.google.com/books/about/B_as_in_Beauty.html?hl=fi&id=bcw5AQAAQBAJ

For those of you interested in doing some sneeze-related reading, there is the pinned thread in the Sneezing in the Media section which has an awesomely huge list the community has compiled over the years - happy reading :) 

7 hours ago, NoV said:

For those of you interested in doing some sneeze-related reading, there is the pinned thread in the Sneezing in the Media section which has an awesomely huge list the community has compiled over the years - happy reading :) 

Thanks for the tip, NoV. I’ll be sure to check it out. :)