Sneeze Fetish Forum

Random thoughts that just get stuck in your head

Chanel_no5

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can get the most random, odd thoughts stuck in my head, for no particular reason, they just pop up and you can't stop thinking of them. Often as weird questions that aren't important for your own well-being at all, you have no idea why you wonder about them, but you can't stop thinking of them until you really get an answer.

Or is it just me having too much time on my hands?

This morning, it suddenly struck me that if Mitt Romney becomes US president, and him being a mormon, how do they solve the First Lady issue? First Lady, Second Lady, Third Lady, Twentieth Lady? It had absolutely no relation whatsoever to the actual religious view or his ability to handle the presidency, but simply that very question. How would they solve that, HUH?

Then I found out he only has one wife either way, but STILL!? What if he had THREE wives? Anyone ever thought about THAT?? HUH?!

That's just the most recent example. Something else I've been wondering about is why aspen trees have leaves that "shiver", when no other tree does. And why we have eyebrows. And why cats' noses get all moist when they want to cuddle. None of these things are in fact of absolute necessity for me to know, only once they get into my head, I HAVE to know!

Oh, and if anyone can answer above things for me, I'll be happy. B)

Yeah, I get stupid thoughts stuck in my head all the time too. Its something that just happens. Its not a bad thing. Though...people in my family have OCD...I might have it too. LOL...not that you have it! Most people, i believe, get throughts like that all time. Its very hard to stop thinking and often, when unamused or busy, people will think of anything stiffle their inactivity. At least that how I see it.

Also I must comment.

Then I found out he only has one wife either way, but STILL!? What if he had THREE wives? Anyone ever thought about THAT?? HUH?!

Personally in the current moralistic state of America I feel a man with three wifes would not have a chance in office. HOWEVER...this has nothing to do with Mormons...it has to with paligomy . People love monogomy in marriage, anything less of that...is wrong in the moral code of American's. Its so strange they make shows and news dedicated to it. Nevertheless, in the future when people are more lacks ...this problem could come up.

My response to the problem is simple. They would all be called the "First Ladies." "First Lady So-and So" "First Lady Such and So" and "First Lady Whoever."

As for your questions. Cat's noes seem wet all the time really. No idead about Aspen trees...what's an Aspen tree...I've never...nevermind... Eyebrows help us express ourselves which is important in human culture. Also...I think...SOMEHOW...they warm the face and keep junk out the eyes...but I honestly don't know what a scientist would say. Honestly I'm sticking with...we need them. (Once in 5th grade...this kid came in with no eyebrows...SO FUNNY...so werid too. His litter brother shaved them off in his sleep. Looked werid for like...3 weeks. Never disapproved of eyebrows ever again.)

That's all I got. ^_^ You are not alone my friend.

I'm pretty sure that if Romney had multiple wives there'd be no way on earth he'd have gotten this far in his bid for the presidency (plus, wouldn't be have been arrested? I could swear polygamy is illegal, but we've got a f-ing reality show about a guy with multiple wives, so...). XD Personally, I think it's strange enough that he's gotten this far just being Mormon. Some Republicans made a huge stink about Obama's ~maybe~ being Muslim, but they're totally willing to elect a guy who believes in...well...this and this. Just seems hypocritical to me.

why are ears shaped so weird?

why do men have nipples?

will humans evolve and grow prehensile tails in 2 million years?

which movie theater arm rest is mine?

will monkeys really take over the world?

why are ears shaped so weird?

why do men have nipples?

which movie theater arm rest is mine?

will monkeys really take over the world?

1- ears have addapted to better capture sound waves.

2- There is a word I can't think of....but essentially they are left over genetics. Men have all the 'organs' to produce milk...(as some baby boys at birth lactate.) Essentially grown men don't have milk because of hormons. (The reason a baby boy would lactacte would be excessive hormonal overflow from his mother at birth. I think it very rare...but if can happen.)

3-Jenjen got that one ^_^ But aslo it wouldn't be de-evolotion techniquely. Evolution is a process of elimnation caused by necessity. If we needed tails we might grow them. We don't need them... so we won't. As the theroy goes anyway.(I believe in God by the way, but I love science too. ^_^)

4- ...The one you can get without causeing trouble! (Lol!)

5- Depends. A few million years from now the monkeys you know will be differnt maybe....those guys could do it maybe...it depends if they get there. But in a way...

monkeys already took over the world. We are kind of monkeys. We came from monekys...we are what monkeys need to become to take over the world. So...been there done that. LOL. Its all about perspective baby!

I love questions like this. SO fun! I like to think about stuff.... Hope you don't mind if I gave answering question a try as well. I like to do that. ^_^

And why we have eyebrows. And why cats' noses get all moist when they want to cuddle.

Do you think that if we didn't have eyebrows, more water would get in our eyes when it rains?

As for the cats, I do know that some cats physically drool when they want to cuddle, and some knead you with their paws (and claws). This is a hangover from when they were young and nursing. All kittens do those things when they are babies suckling their mothers and some cats never grow out of it. I should imagine the nose thing might be a side effect as well.

I do know that some cats physically drool when they want to cuddle

Awwwww...you made me think of my uncle's cat, Baby. She used to lay on my stomach with her head on my chest for as long as I'd sit there and pet her, and when I'd get up there'd always be a big wet spot where she drooled on me. XD

As for the monkeys evolving thing...I saw a documentary once about what animals might look like far, far in the future. And they speculated that octopi might move to the land and swing through trees like the monkeys of today. Apparently they're intelligent enough for it!

Oh, like I said, I have no opinion on the religion as such because I don't know anything about it, but the very thought got me going :huh::blink: Well... um..

but hey, what if he had been an atheist? That might've been even more troublesome. :bleh: Okay, I'm gonna stop there. :P

Good to know I'm not the only one with random weirdness popping up. ;)

And why we have eyebrows. And why cats' noses get all moist when they want to cuddle.

Do you think that if we didn't have eyebrows, more water would get in our eyes when it rains?

As for the cats, I do know that some cats physically drool when they want to cuddle, and some knead you with their paws (and claws). This is a hangover from when they were young and nursing. All kittens do those things when they are babies suckling their mothers and some cats never grow out of it. I should imagine the nose thing might be a side effect as well.

Yeah, that and when we sweat, the sweat won't just drip right into our eyes. That's the explanation I've heard for it anyway. Never heard the cat's wet nose-explanation before, but it certainly makes sense. Awww...! :heart:

Is it weird that I've always secretly thought it would be kind of awesome to have a prehensile tail? Like Nightcrawler from X-Men? Because I think it would be awesome. You could use it for balance or to hold things and it would essentiallly be like having a fifth limb.

I don't know. I could be just weird.

Awww...!
Yup, you're even more of a mummy than you thought!
Awww...!
Yup, you're even more of a mummy than you thought!

Ohoho, watch it ma'am, you're tap-dancing on thin ice. :winkkiss:

Haha I was going to start a topic sort of like this, with just random thoughts that pop up (but not obsessively, those aren't fun), when I heard my boyfriend's cat meow and wondered why animals make different sounds.

Also, why do people applaud when they like something? Who ever thought that smacking your hands together was the best way to convey appreciation?

Also, why do people applaud when they like something? Who ever thought that smacking your hands together was the best way to convey appreciation?

Because making farting noises with your hand into your armpit is considered immature? :P

I believe polygamy is illegal in America, but don't quote me. So the answer to the original question I have concluded is that it would be First Lady, first Concubine, First Mistress and so on. In Imperial China there were all sorts of levels of Imperial consort, which could be adapted.

Polygamy is also illegal in the UK, but oddly the government seems to recognize multiple marriages undertaken abroad to the extent that they will pay benefits to all the concubines in a household. This comes as a welcome surprise to such families, because it is apparently very rare in Western countries. And I m not being offensive, I get this information from tv programmes made specifically for the community. By contrast in Canada it is suggested that households will be deported if found to be living polygamously. And that's from the Guardian, but I counsel those easily offended not to read it.

Ah yes, what songs the Sirens sung, what name Achilles took when he hid among the women, and the other question; all these things seem to have been stuck in people's heads for centuries. [Robert Graves answered them all and many othrrs, but he would, wouldn't he?

what songs the Sirens sung

I've wondered this, as well. And unfortunately, I have to imagine that if ever I were to be in a position to hear it, I'd most likely give in to temptation instead of filling my ears with wool as Ulysses did. A song so beautiful as to lure people in to their deaths? I wouldn't be able to resist.

People in toothpaste commercials never use toothpaste. They just brush with a dry toothbrush. WTF?

THIS! I've been wondering this so many times!!

People in toothpaste commercials never use toothpaste. They just brush with a dry toothbrush. WTF?

And the people in shaving adverts are always shaving smooth skin, for no reason. Same with dandruff and acne. These models must NEVER look ANYTHING but attractive AT ALL TIMES! Is that really the best way to promote the products?

With the eyebrow thing i think it's so sweat doesn't get in our eyes, i suppose if we were in danger or running from danger you wouldnt want to be hindered by sweat in the eyes!

Hah! Here's a topic made for me laughing.gif. Seriously i wonder about the weirdest things all the time. Some of my latest for example were:

1. Why is it that long legs on women are considered as so very sexy, but everyone wants a girlfriend smaller than themselves?

2. I can kind of understand wanting to put your shopping cart at the longest line of shopping carts because you don't have to walk so much, but why is it people tend to actually take the carts from the shorter lines?

3. How do you become a "voice imitation person"? Aren't you always surprised how your voice sounds when you hear it recorded for the first time because you actually hear yourself differently than others hear you?

4. And since we were on the topic of shaving. Would you shave better with ice cold water, because your hair would stand up?

I know i could test the last one ... but it's sooooo cold! Maybe in the summer if i still remember it tonguesmiley.gif.

4. And since we were on the topic of shaving. Would you shave better with ice cold water, because your hair would stand up?

Actually, I've tried that. Unfortunately, the skin sort of "goosebumps" up, so you might cut skin too. :lol:

Archived